2.4

I am a single mom of two children. After my divorce, I bought every one of our devices from Best Buy (I have been a very good and loyal customer!!).

I did everything at best buy because of the insurance coverage and to keep things simplified if anything broke. And they will with small children and they did! Every single experience with Best Buy has been a battle to get anything accomplished. Most recently my Toshiba Satellite laptop wasn't working properly.

I took it in and it never was sent out for repair, but I got the call that it was ready to be picked up. Actually, upon arrival to the store, I had an external hard drive that I was told that I needed. But, the computer was still on the shelf, (for a week) but they would send it out right away. I explained that I needed to renew my insurance while I was there.

I was told that I could do everything when I came back for the computer. Long story short. I originally bought the 2 years coverage for both tech support and drops/spills. At the time of purchase I was told that I would have the opportunity to renew the insurance.

Which is why I bought the 2 year instead of the longer because what if the computer was lost or stolen and didn't exist for more than 2 years? Well, while they had my computer in repair the insurance expired and Best buy is no longer going to cover Toshiba computerSatellite and the computer STILL has a broken fan in it!! I have asked the entire chain of command about "grandfather clausing" those who bought their coverage and all I got in return was an email saying that they will not assist me. Oh, and I was about to buy a desktop/gaming computer for my family for Christmas and have a new stereo installed in my car.

I am glad that I held off and waited for their denial of coverage...because I will NEVER buy anything from them again!!! (They did "kindly" offer to renew my tech support...

My answer: "why would I buy tech support coverage for a computer that doesn't work??? Really??!!) Holly Smith-Mann

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Laptop Repair.

Comments

They can't renew the plan because Toshiba does not manufacture computers anymore. They get all parts for repair directly from the manufacturer. They will still attempt to repair, but sometimes they just can't get the parts now.