Austin, Texas

I went to geek squad on research boulevard in austin. I got the worst service possible with my computer being wiped out with years and years of data

And family pictures!!

Here is what happened : I brought in my computer to upgrade to Windows 10. I had tried to do it on my own but my computer was stuck on a cycle where it would reboot itself on and on. At the store, I pay upfront the $150 service fee and leave. 2 days later, a tech calls me asking me permission to upgrade to Windows 10 and do a system restore.

Hearing the word restore,I immediately ask: what about my data? Will it erase it? The tech says to me that no it shouldn't since it is just an upgrade and restoring the system does not affect the files stored on the hard drive. Reassured and happy to save $99 i thank him and I decline to sign up for data back up and recovery, thinking all is great, and grateful to the tech who was so knowledgeable and was able to save me money.

When time comes to pick up my PC, I login and routinely verify what was done and behold, ALL of my data was erased. Gone. Years and years of baby pictures, wedding pictures, anniversaries. ALL gone.

The tech had such terrible training that he did not know that my files would be wiped out!! He did not warn me to do a data backup he actually recommended me the opposite!!! Tech as at this geek squad are so ignorant, poorly trained and give you awful recommendation. I was lied to, and when I complained, I got no refund, no apology, just a blank computer with no data on it.

This was legitimately the worst customer service I've ever got in my life and I lost precious memories I will never get back. Thank you geek squad.

How about you train your employees to not misguide and lie to your customers. I will never ever return there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Computer Repair.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

ALWAYS back up your important data

Best Buy Reviews