Ease of Use
Style and Design

Bought a $500 computer from their store.Two months later the computer wouldn't work.

Took it into best buy for them to look at and they said the hard drive is bad. They told me if I wanted the computer fixed and all my data backed up I would have to pay $100. I explained to the person the computer was brand new with little data on it and that I shouldn't have to spend more money on something I just bought brand new 2 months ago. Needless to say they didn't seem to care.

I've called customer service as well as the corporate number and its all the same rhetoric about their return policy. Now I am basically stuck with a junk brand new $500 computer I bought from Best Buy unless i spend more momey for them to fix it and save my data.

I will never shop at a best buy store online or in store ever again.If you don't want to deal with a company that doesn't care about their customers then my suggestion is to stay as far away from Best Buy as possible.

Review about: Desktop Computer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being sold a junk computer.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Oceanside, California, United States #1318064

You will get the same thing at literally any retailer. Unless you purchase an extended warranty they are not obligated to fix your computer for free lol.

Yes free *** equals viruses

Welcome to the real world

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1314958

Don't blame Best Buy for the failure of the computer's hard drive. If the computer is still in warranty, contact the manufacturer, not Best Buy.

How do we/they know you didn't mess up the hard drive yourself? It had been 60 days. Feel free to shop for electronics elsewhere -- they will have the same policy.