Product: Best Buy Deal Clear all filters (55 of 55 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy Deal Review

Geek squad is the most un organized people I have ever had to deal with, save yourself time and money cause they could care less about your problems.
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy in San Bruno, California - *** "Manager", They Lost a $1,600 Sale!

My husband and I wanted to purchase a 60 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV which we saw on the Best Buy website for a reasonable price. Our time is limited so we wanted to buy it and take it with us on the spot. We spoke with a saleswoman who told us the TV was not in stock at any of their stores, and that it was a discontinued item. I knew it was being discontinued but the Best Buy website had indicated that they had the TV in stock in that particular store. We asked her if they would consider selling us the floor model and she said flatly, "No" because she "wasn't sure if they were going to get anymore in stock". I knew they wouldn't be because the item was not available at any Best Buy and was fast selling out on other websites online. We asked to speak with the manager and she said "I am the manager". She couldn't have been more than 21 years old. Later on I found out there was another Panasonic model in that size in Plasma that was definitely in stock at that store that she could have suggested that only cost about $100 more, which we might have considered, but all she could do was point out a smaller 50" in a non-plasma version that was not at all what we wanted. And she was supposedly a "manager"! She didn't even know her stock! We walked out of the store and ordered the exact TV we originally wanted from Amazon on our i-Pad right in the parking lot. They delivered it on the day we wanted and set it up for free. It's no wonder Best Buy is back in "deep trouble" according to today's news. People used to like the fact that their salespeople don't work on commission, but this type of situation is the end result. The employees don't care, and they don't work to make a sale even when the customer is ready to put cash on the table. This so-called "manager" couldn't even bother to engage us any further plus flat out refused to deal with us about the floor model. Losing a $1,600 sale like that when it could have been avoided was just plain bad business. In the end, when things like this are allowed to happen, I'd say Best Buy deserves whatever it gets.
#802092

The age of the manager doesn't have anything to do with your complaint. I had one job in an office, where the office manager had just turned 19 and she was good. You are putting age manager's age in as a put down, because you didn't get the service that you wanted from her.

#802002

dont be confused that they say they do not work on commissions and if she was actually the MANAGER of the store (I am pretty confident she wasn;t) they get a bonus on everything that is sold up selling is the moto! Amazon is great and you can't beat delivery to your door!! Good for you.

@Anonymous

Lol best buy employees don't work on commission. not our fault you don't want to listen to our recommendations and only see it as "up-selling"

#801970

I chose the right city location but it posted the wrong one - I am the author of this post and this happened in West Hartford, CT

View more comments (3)

Best Buy in Louisville, Kentucky - Treated like garbage

I had an issue with an employee and was told to speak with Martin the GM. He was not in that day so I had to wait. Turned out I had another issue, this time a geek squad repair wasn't actually repaired. I spent an hour talking in circles with Sean the assistant manager and finally landed on a compromise. I then asked if Martin was in, I was told he was on a call but would be out in 20 mins. 45 mins later Sean went in and spent 5 mins telling my story. Martin came out and told me I interrupted his call and should not have waited for him. He does not have time to deal with customers. I tried to explain, he cut me off and said he would not hear the story again he trusts his assistant manager and that's that. I was directed to 800 best buy. This was the most disrespectful experience I have ever had with a retailer. Best buy in Florence KY is consistently a horrible place to shop. My advice to everyone is avoid the headache and shop online. Also I suspect most if not all positive reviews are fake and done by employees.
Mike_mn

GM's are very busy persons, and do rely on the AMs. But, if a customer specifically asks to speak with the GM, most GMs will comply and deal with the situation.

Your experience is inexcusable.

Dec 17... Probably they were all getting burnt out. BB stores are very lean during the season and they work long hard hours.

Not an excuse, but most likely the reason.

The sad fact is that BB just can't deal with all employees, and BB just doesn't care. They know that there are replacement customers coming into the system to replace disappointed customers.

Loss

Best Buy in Troy, Michigan - Worst Customer Service in the HISTORY of Customer Service, Novi, MI

We purchased an $847 Sharp Flat Screen TV on November 25, 2013 we put it up on the wall on November 30. My husband and I watched Spider Man (and we couldn't figure out why it looked strange), my visiting elderly dad watched a Gunsmoke/Bonanza/Andy Griffith-a-thon one Monday afternoon and then on Wednesday we watched Modern Family. During Modern Family I said to my husband, "Baby, it looks snowy." So, Baby walked around and tightened the cable on the port on the back of the television. Then he said, "This port is jacked up and loose," and he tightened the cable and it went snowy and then black. So... it's within the 15 day return period. We packed up our 10 day owned television and took it back to Best Buy in Northville/Novi, Michigan on Haggerty Road. We walked in first to ask if it WAS returnable- we threw away the box and thought that was going to be an issue. So we wait in line at the customer service counter. This is where is gets ridiculous. We wait while a twenty something boy with (I am going to describe him- keep in mind I could care less what people look like- until they turn into idiots and then I care about grooming). So, we walk up to this boy who -honest to GOD snapped a dirty lime green rubber headband around his bushy head of hair, lots of Best Buy employee had them on. He put his finger under it and snapped it. His face was greasy and he had a beard that grew from every pore at different lengths, a little like a dirty werewolf. That will be his name from here on out- Dirty Werewolf looked at my husband and I and I asked, "Are you ready, can we come over and talk to you?" Dirty Werewolf said, "Huh, yeah, okay." And we then proceeded to explain exactly what I have described above. I said, "It's under the 15 day period can we exchange it or have it fixed." Dirty Werewolf said,"Uh, I think, we have to it inspect it." Well, sure. So we went out to the car to get the TV. I asked the very nice Door Man who that boy was and he told me he was new, I told him, he was a bizarre choice for first point of contact when a customer has a problem and the Door Man said that his white shirt indicated he was new. So- my husband drags in this TV, it's pretty big and we show the Dirty Werewolf the loose cable port in the back, which he fingers and flips around in it's loose state, and again I asked- "Is it something you guys can fix or can we return it." Dirty Werewolf, "Uhhhhhh, I don't know lemme check." And he dragged the TV to the side "secret" room, where a random Best Buy employees peeked out at us from behind flappy curtains. That's always nice. Dirty Werewolf came out and said, "You need to talk to my manager," and he was soon followed by a small human I will call Rat Dog Girl (I actually know their names, but I'm not sure if that is legal). Rat Dog Girl was the manager who sympathetically came over and told me that I could not return the television that I spent nearly one thousand dollars on the previous week, but... she could offer me a deal on a new one. Yep. 60" televisions are apparently disposable for the hourly workers at Best Buy- dang, they must be paid very well for that to be a solution. The was THE solution- I had it repeated to me when I questioned Rat Dog Girl in disbelief over and over again. Then, I said, "I don't like that answer. I think one of you (pointing to Rat Dog Girl and Dirty Werewolf) probably need to find a bigger manager than you who actually cares that we just spent a thousand dollars." [Funny side note: there was this super cool French door freezer refrigerator behind us that I had fallen in love with while we were waiting in line and we are remodeling our entire house and we were thinking of what to do with our old fridge when Dirty Werewolf became "free" to talk to us. It was $2300+ and we would have bought that if this TV thing had worked out well. Well, that didn't happen]. Eventually after much more conversation peeking behind the secret room curtains, Rat Dog Girl comes out with another manager. I can't think of an ugly name to call this woman, she was actually nice and kind and thoughtful so I will just use her first initial, B. B. tells us that we broke it (we really, really did not) however, we can call the Geek Squad and it can be fixed for about $20 or we can put our cable in through different outlets on the TV (composite, component and HDMi). Well, okay, and while this is going on Rat Dog Girl pipes in over nice B.'s shoulder babbling some nonsense with some little tip about this solution. I told her to please go away, as I clearly made it obvious I did not like her and did not wish to hear her piggyback on someone else's $20 fix. B. then proceeded to write out her solution for us. We thanked her and told her that maybe the Rat Dog and the mumbling Dirty Werewolf could try to think of $20 fixes for brand new TV's that are jacked up and pissed off customers rather than "helpfully" offering us a "deal" and asking us to spend another big chunk of change. We took her solution and went to Radio Shack to buy component lines (that was our cable box + TV fix). Funnily enough, we were not the first people to come into Radio Shack that day angry with Best Buy. Apparently, according to those nice Radio Shack dudes being pleasant after someone gets mad at Best Buy earns them money every day. So we have a broken TV and we for certain know we will never go back to Best Buy, nor will our brothers or sisters or parents or friends and Best Buy DOES NOT CARE. Nice B. told us that- when I asked if they cared if they lost a customer she said no and she understood. They have POLICIES and we broke our TV. We actually didn't we just aren't TV people and didn't notice the original piece of *** we bought right away. So, my only advice as a customer here is to 1. Don't shop at Best Buy 2. Don't go to the customer service representative that doesn't groom (Dirty Werewolf AND Rat Dog Girl could have both used a good scrubbing). If he or she doesn't care about how they appear as a professional they probably don't care much about you either. [Keep in mind- you can be as creative looking (tattoos, piercings, whatever) as you want as long as you are clean, too] and finally 3. If a stores first solution is for you to spend more money when your purchase is within the specified timeframe RUN LIKE THE WIND. 4. If the customer service team blatantly talks about you to her coworkers (yep this for you Rat Dog) stand on the counter and demand your money back or a nice long talk with Mr. Best Buy Himself. God Bless that nice B. woman and the cool guy at the front door, they are on a LOSING TEAM if Rat Dog Girl and Dirty Werewolf are any indication of the slovenly, unpleasant (I promise I started out with Dirty Werewolf as a "more flies with honey" attitude) and ineffective CUSTOMER SERVICE representatives for Best Buy. Worst Buy. Worst Customer Experience. I hope B. moves over to Costco where it's like Disney World for customers compared to Best Buy. The customer may not always be right, but sometimes we are and we always deserve the path of least resistance not a kick in the crotch of our wallet.

Nope we didn't and the guy said "yeah these are jacked up" (we weren't the FIRST) and we have no shame- for NICKNAMES? Would you rather I said their actual names?

Now THAT would have been unkind. You, whatever fella, can call whoever crosses your path WHATEVER you want. Haha, get it. Like you've never called a bad driver a ***?

Doubt it.

Hmm- is this a "personal attack" on my bad experience? Whatever,

I'm going to go ahead and agree that you should be ashamed of yourself for your little nicknames. Also, the fact of the matter is that you likely did damage the TV.

Those things are soldered in. They don't just up and pop off.

*been pleasant not invented plea- sorry weird spell check error

I'm not ashamed of my self because I can actually say what I want when I want to colorfully describe someone based on their physical attributes. If they had been kind and loving people I would have invented plea an descriptive names like "fuzzy, cuddly bear" and "tiny, adorable wood fairy"- they were jerks they got ugly names.

They can call me what they want, too. Good name or bad name, I could care less- America and having an opinion- very cool country!

I think you have a valid complaint, but its disgusting to me the way you refer to people as "rat dog girl" and "dirty werewolf". You should be ashamed of yourself

dontsay

:grin :grin :grin

worst buy it the right name for this place. They must go sledding o the TV before they sell them to customers.

How can so many TV that they sell be junk. Maybe they buy the SECONDS

View more comments (6)

Best Buy - Computing Back Office Department ***

I purchased a Mac Air on bestbuy.com on sales tax holiday. But the item is not available to pick up at that time. After one week, I received an email from bestbuy said that my order has been cancelled. I called the computing back office department three times and tried to replace my order at the same price without sales taxes. Every time after negotiate for a long time, they agreed to offer me the same deal. But when I gave credit card number, they just repeat a wrong number again and again and then cut my line. This is the most terrible customer service I ever had. I have four bars signal. They disconnected my call again and again and tried to make me think its my signal problem. I called the customer service to solve problem not to make the problem worse.
Tags
  • Mac Air

Best Buy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Horrible, horrible customer service

Bought 60"TV online they said they could deliver. After I paid for it they said it could only be shipped. Im elderly so I need delivery&setup. I said to cancel the order and they said they did but soon I find out they didnt and now I must deal with receipt of the TV by UPS, arrange return, then wait for reimbursement. Their mistake is causing me grief and I am worried I will have problems being reimbursed. Customerservice gives nothing but a runaround, their employees are incompetent and they outright lied to me since. Do not chance dealing with this place, you will regret it. They are a nightmare.

simple, refuse delivery, product goes back to bb and you will be credited back. don't sweat the small stuff

Best Buy Deal

Best Buy in Sunnyvale, California - False information on Warranty from sales rep.

On 12/26/12 at Sunnyvale-CA BestBuy store#685, sales rep approached me to advise the great deal in purchasing an open box stereo receiver. I was skeptical at first, but the time sales rep explained to me that I was in no risk in purchasing an open box AV stereo receiver. It was clearly explained to me that if the receive did not work, I can bring it back for an exchange, and if the same model is not available, then the next up model will be provided to me. After noticing defects on this receive and took receive to the same store to get replacement, I was told that the receiver will need to be sent out for repairs instead of a straight receive box swap. Spoke to Manager, Heather Thompson, with did not offer any options to remedy this false warranty promises during purchase. Instead, Heather offers her excuse for the sales rep being busy during Christmas hours and might have provided wrongful warranty information. I requested for a loaner receiver since she could not provide the repair turnaround time. Heather right away said "NO, no loaner is available". Heather had recommended for me to buy another unit and return it when my unit is back from repairs. I acknowledge that it was a great option, but I did not have the money to do so and I did not wish to pay another penny. Heather noted that I should have read to warranty policy. I did not recall receiving a warranty policy, but Heather pointed out that per the sales receipt, it warranty will be emailed out to customer. So clearly, a hard copy of the warranty was not provided to me during purchase, but warranty was verbally provided to me by the sales rep, unfortunately, I was missed informed by the sales rep. So I asked again for a free loaner. Heather reply was "If I give you a unit without you paying for it, it will be STEALING". Since Heather was the store manager, I asked her for the regional manager contact info, which she wrote down the phone number to call on a piece of paper and handed it to me and said "This is all I can do for you". Heather then proceeded to take my receiver from the current counter location and moved it to a further remote counter location and walked away. [This was a very low and unacceptable customer service gesture from Heather, both verbally and in-action. It would make any customer feel rejected and unwanted]. I did not mention that I was also sold a 2 years extended warranty with the promise of the same coverage. More detail even available upon request. Sincere, A past loyal customer.
Mike_mn

I've been through something similar.

BB's employees can make ANY claim they want! BB will fall back on the warranty. The bottom line is the customer needs to understand the warranty.

Sometimes this is a very difficult thing to do as what the employee says and what the warranty is just does not match or make sense! And I have walked away from what may have been a few good deals because of it.

When you Deal with blue shirts, think of them as blue shirted used car salespersons! If it doesn't feel good, don't do it!

:cry

Some people only hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest. Even with only the manufacturer warranty this obvious defect would have been taken care of for no charge, but because that didn't fit into this customer's current plans, this instantly became a "poor customer service" issue.

"I requested for a loaner receiver since she could not provide the repair turnaround time:. Heather right away said "NO, no loaner is available"

"So I asked again for a free loaner"

Let me guess: English isn't your first language.

@Anonymous

You are so right. Let me guess: English is your first language.

@Anonymous

You're so right chiquilion. But manufacturer warranty/BestBuy warranty was not provided to me at purchase, but it was supposedly emailed to me. So all I had to go by was the sales rep words.

View more comments (5)
Tags
  • Pioneer AV stereo receiver

Worst Customer Service-Best Buy

I had store credit to use and I decided to look online to see what I wanted ahead of time. There were a pair of headphones and a phone case that I found online that said it was available in stores. I went to two different stores and both stores did not have their advertised product. So I went online to purchase on there site, I get to where I have to put my address in and the website goes down. I used the chat option to talk to a customer representative who then referred me via phone to place more order. So now I am sitting here and it has been over an hour and I have not gotten anywhere with my order. This is the worst experience I have ever had. I will use my store credit in store to purchase things I do not even want so I will never have to deal with Best Buy again. This is the most ridiculously frustrating experience I have ever had. I work in customer service, so I usually have patience with these kind of things, but this is just absurd. I will never be shopping here again.

store credit means it has to be used in store.... its the same in any store

@.......

Actually it does not. I used my store credit at a different store and online.

View more comments (1)
Loss
I bought 4 montd ago arounf 3,500 dollars wort of stereo equiptment. Te individual that elped me in best buy gave me a set of speakers two came in te box to many no big deal. I went to best buy same location to return it tey could not find my order in te computer for...

Huh?

View more comments
Loss
My 14 year old son bought a used Sky RiM vidio game for his play station 3 from Best Buy with his own money. When he tried to play it, the game froze. The next day my wife drove him back out to Best Buy. My son wanted to purchase a new Sky Rim video game so he would...
Mike_mn

Bottom line, the store manager did refund the money via store credit, and that's something he didn't need to do.

Also, they agreed to exchange it with another game. You could have also arranged to wait to exchange it when the other game comes in.

This time, I have to side with BB.

It's difficult when our children purchase items with their own money, and we feel they've been taken advantage of. It's happened to my son when he was much younger, and I felt terrible about it. Not with BB, with another place. Nothing we could do. He was out the money. I used it as a learning experience with him, and I made up the money he lost. Now he knows!

Framing this only retains and reinforces the anger every time you see it.

View more comments