Product: Best Buy Deal Clear all filters (55 of 55 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy

Stopped in Best Buy in Mankato, MN to purchase a Nikon D90. The sales person working with me couldn't get logged into the computer. Promised to call me back in the afternoon before I left town. After 6-hours and return trip back to the store, someone else took the time to located a camera at another store. It seems the staff wasn't interested in selling me a $2,000 packaged deal. I received an email a few days later saying the camera was ready for pickup. I made a special trip only to be told they have to trick their computer system into thinking it was at the store. They were sorry that no one told me I would be receiving a bogus email from the company. They would not offer a small discount on camera accessories, I was told if I wanted to file a complaint against the store it wouldn't go anywhere. A manager agreed with my comments that I was "*** out of luck" and needed to buck up and shut up and pick the camera up after they call me. If they weren't the only rodeo in town where I could purchase a Nikon D90 I would not be buying from them.

Best Buy in New York, New York - Bestbuy.com

I have been a Best-buy premium SILVER customer for a very long time. This holiday I bought a Samsung ln46b640 (a bestbuy exclusive model for$999+tax) from bb.com. I had to pick up from Brooklyn, NY as it was the closest available store to get the TV. I got a confirmation from bb.com and I even called the store to confirm the same. After driving 25-30miles to the store, they asked me to wait for them to find the item. Long story short, after waiting for 2hrs and 15mins they finally told me that they couldn't find my tv. I called bestbuy.com the next day and after an hour on the phone they told me that there was a computer glitch and I cannot have the tv I ordered, as its out of stock. They told me if I buy with the next model (ln46b650)which was priced at $1359that they will give me a discount of $250. This model # has the same spec as ln46b640 1080p&120HZ, but with a red color border and a chin at the bottom part of the tv. In effect I paid $1100 for the same wine in a different bottle. I got the tv delivered on 12/11/09 and I was still satisfied with my purchase as I got the tv even if I paid a little bit extra. At least that's what I thought until I saw the bestbuy's sales flyer. I found that the tv came with a free blueray player+ free blueray movie (Hangover) and the price dropped to $1279. I called bb.com to at least get the blueray player. I was surprised when the CS rep told me that her supervisor denied to do so. I called again after a few days and got the same answer that they cannot honor the promotion as the TV has been delivered. I felt that I have been screwed over by bestbuy. I am going to return the TV as I still have 8 more days to do so. I am probably going to sears and getting the deal as they do price match. I am learned it the hard way that bestbuy.com will not price match there own promotion even if its with in few days after the item is delivered. I have been a bestbuy customer for a long time and a premium silver member, but from now, bestbuy is not going to be on the list of my "Place to shop"!

Tom is probably the rep that messed up. Poor Tom.

Kinda same deal I bought a Dell XPS laptop with unconditional DickSquad warranty..I am studying for CCNA so I have an idea about computers..DickSquak IMMEDIATLY started telling me reasons why the COULDNT cover this..The manager got ivolved the decded to run the diagonostics on the computer. The motherboard was bad, The exchaneged ONLY for computer of LESSER value..I paid 850.00 for the Dell walked out with a piece of *** HP that sold for 700.00..They "exchanged technology for technology" no refunds..

Screw BestBuy of Spartanburg SC and DICKSQUAD service. Next time its Dell.Com all the way...

Your just mad because the only job you can get is working for Bestbuy. Get a life, the only thing you have to do is set in your mon and dads basement and play on your computer. I forgot to add it was the Bestbuy of florence Kentucky

Soni

@ Tom

I don't know what your agenda is but here is the situation. I paid $100 more and not $10.

And the $200 off wasn't for the that TV.

It was a compensation for the Bestbuy employee screw-up, which made me drive 20 miles to Brooklyn and wait for 2hrs and 15 min at the register for a store pickup and not get the item. I don't know how you value your time, but for me 3hrs is worth more than $200.

Not only did you get a better TV (100k contrast vs 80k, and the additional features; including Twitter, Flickr, Yahoo! Widgets, You Tube, Rallycast, Blockbuster On Demand, and eBay) but the price difference is AT MOST $200! So, they sold you that TV at almost $800 off list! (your math - not mine...you paid $10 more for a better model!)

So, you get a better deal on a BETTER TV (which nobody else got, I'M SURE), and you're going to post them up over a lousey DVD PLAYER? It's called double-dipping. I wouldn't allow you to do it, either.

Now, if you REALLY want that free DVD player, I'm pretty sure they would be willing to renegotiate the price you paid for your TV back up to the level where you would qualify for it, but it would very likely cost you more than the DVD player is worth! The price you paid for the TV is STILL less than the difference with the cost of the player removed, or don't you see that?

Please burn your "Premium Silver" membership card; you're not qualified to use it.

Oh, Jeff...MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY. Look into it. It doesn't matter what price you paid or what the model is, DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP has you covered. Best Buy would have sent it back to them for free, and you would have been made whole by now.

Think much?

Hi, I had the same kind of thing happen to me. I bought a new HP computer the day after thanksgiving and they were sold out in minutes.

It was screwd up from the start, hard drive was bad and maybe the mother board.

They would not replace it because it had a different model number and they wanted me to pay over $400.00 more for the same computer with different model number or they would give me a smaller computer instead. The computer they offered me you could buy at Walmart anyday for a cheaper price.

View more comments (5)

Best Buy in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Delay after Delay on warranty

I purchased a television a year ago and opted for the extended warranty. Four weeks ago my television back light stopped working so I called the warranty company. They sent a local company to pick up my television for repairs. Mind you this television was not that expensive and figured on it being replaced. I was given the timeline of 7 to 10 business days for them to decide if they were going to replace it or repair it. I went 3 weeks without a television. On the 10th day I received a call at 4 p.m. stating my television was not repairable and was given a confirmation number. Now during this time while I waited for my television to be repaired or replaced, I went to Best Buy. During my visit I found a great deal on a television package but could not purchase it at the time because the status of my television was in limbo. I certainly missed, what I think was a great deal. When I received the news about the status I went to Best Buy and the deal was no longer. I was very upset because of the delay in which it took to give me the status of my T.V. missing the opportunity to purchase a package deal. So, I sent an email to Best Buy expressing my disappointment. I was given a confirmation that I would be called in 3 business days. No call. I had to call Best Buy and file my complaint. I waited on the phone for one hour and fifteen minutes for them to offer me $175. I made a counter offer of $250 which of course is roughly the cost of the sound system that came with the package. I was then sent over to a manager who said "No, we cannot retro offer a deal that is past" I explained because of the numerous delays caused by the warranty company I had no choice but to pass on the offer. I was told again "Sorry but that is our final offer" What was I suppose to do? I accepted grudgingly. I would like to point out the representative I spoke with was Royal or Royce or Roy. I acknowledged I did not raise my voice nor make insults or threats. Nor did I make any insults I was pleasant.
Tom

The Best Buy warranty replaces the TV; it does not make you whole on the purchase price, so that you can buy something else.

Many times, TVs with surround systems are purchased by the vendor - NOT Best Buy. Those terms are not something that can be played with, or else the retailer will lose money on the deal, rather than being reimbursed by the vendor.

So, the timing may have been bad, but it wouldn't have happened anyway.

it does suck that they took so long that you missed the sale.

to margie

nothing stated above said that Best buy would not repalce the TV.

if a replacment is isued the customer is basicaly given a store credit for the amount paid. Wonderboy is complaing that he didn't get his cad fast enough and missed a deal.

say he paid 1200 for the TV. he gets 1200 back to get a new TV. but two weeks before that there was a sale on a TV package with a theater systum and blue ray for 1200. he wants that. but it's no longer on sale. it sucks that the time frame was missed but look at it from all angels. and don't be so greedy wonderboy

An attorney would have forced them to replace the TV. I had this very same problem with Conns (hence, the name). I bought Prepaid Legal. My $1400 TV burned out after 1 1/2 yrs. I had an extended warranty that cost $300. Conns stalled for 4 months. I purchased PPL and had a new TV in two weeks.

Buy it - be covered

www.prepaidlega.com/hub/mjlarioza

Margie Larioza 512-341-2887

View more comments (2)

Best Buy Sucks

First of all we opened a credit account with Best Buy and then we bought a dishwasher, we went to the store to pay off the whole bill they said we had to call or go online to pay. So we called they said that it would cost 15.00 to pay using our checking account, but it was free if you paid online so we went online set up a account and paid them but a small mistake on our part (when we put in our checking account number I was off by one number) they sent us a confirmation number saying thank you for your payment. Then 3 weeks later they send us an email saying our payment was late!!!!! So we called them and found out we had entered a wrong account number, they even charged us a bounced check fee of 25.00 and a 29.00 late fee so as my husband is yelling at them on the phone that they should have contacted us as soon as they found out a day or two afterwards that we got our account wrong he was put on hold he then was sent to a higher up who he yelled at for awhile he put him on hold for a half hour. He was on his cell phone so he decided to use the house phone to call them back and say HELLO I'M ON HOLD!!! so he argued with them for another 15 min on the house phone and he got so mad he just hung up. We wait a few days and then call back to pay them the bill and we went online paid the bill made SURE our info was correct and got another confirm letter. The very next day my husband gets a call from Best Buy saying what are we going to do about the late payment! (the higher up had waived the late fee when my husband was yelling at them). It was just a matter of payments passing the "late call" deal. We won't be doing business with best buy again and certainly will be telling every one we know about their tricks and scams.

so you putting the WRONG account number is the banks fault?

in fact, those charges are simply because of YOUR mistake not best buy or the bank.

oh yes, the typical yelling theory.... all customers think that yelling with get them somewhere, well in this case it did, 25 dollars back.

seems to me you still owe 29 dollars, call them again and yell at them again like an animal and maybe they'll fix it again.

Last but not least, I love best buy's TRICKS and SCAM for something you committed, do you EVEN have any other credit cards? do you know what a late fee is?

Another dead end discussion... if it was walmart / circuit city or any other company you'd still be *** because of something you did.

Good luck

Best Buy LIES!

We purchased a frig and 5 year extended warranty from Best Buy in 2001- it had a defect and it was replaced with an LG. We were told the extended warranty continued to the LG. The LG was a lemon and required constant service and should have been replaced under the lemon law (was serviced at least a half dozen times). LIE #1 Best Buy serviced it for 18 months and then I was denied service stating the extended warranty did NOT cover the replacement. I fought Best Buy and even LG for 3 years and finally filed a complaint to Consumer Affairs. I swore I would never deal with Best Buy again. LIE #2 Best Buy responded to Consumer Affairs and stated they honored the terms of the extended warranty. I called the person at Best Buy who wrote the response letter to Consumer Affairs and gave him my phone logs of every call to Best Buy for service, and told him I was denied service less than 3 years into the original warranty. Best Buy gave me a Gift Card for the cost of the frig, but would not give me a check. I tried to sell the Gift Card for it's value without success. So we went to Best Buy and picked a frig and financed the balance through BB credit. It was an "Open Box", and the french doors were not aligned properly. The salesperson told us that the offset doors was a leveling issue and would be fixed by the installers. LIE #3 When the frig was delivered, the installers said there was nothing they could do about the mis-aligned doors. The french doors didn't work in our kitchen as we have a wall on the right side, preventing it from opening all the way. I researched online for replacements and we went back to Best Buy with five different models selected. Best Buy was unable to get any of them even though they carried other models by the same manufacturer. The only other model they carried was LG which we did not want after the last purchase. I asked our salesperson (Brad) if Best Buy was unable to get a frig of our choice and in light of our use of a Gift Card, how would a refund be handled? The employee told me that a "refund check" would be mailed to us within TWO DAYS of the return of the frig. Not taking any chances, I called Best Buy the next day and spoke to a different salesperson (Jose) for a "second opinion" since I didn't trust Best Buy any longer. I described our use of a Gift Card in the purchase and asked specifically about how the refund would be given back to me. Jose told me that a "refund check" would be issued TWO DAYS after the return of the frig. I figured with two identical statements, it would be safe to purchase our frig from another vendor. I scheduled our new frig to be delivered on July 23rd. I scheduled our Best Buy frig to be picked up on the 24th. I called Best Buy credit and informed them of the pick up and the time frame given by Best Buy for a credit. LIE #4 Today is August 7th (2 weeks later) and no refund check and no credit issued to the credit card company. I called Best Buy and asked Brad the salesperson where is my check and credit. He said he had been real busy, there were computer issues, yada yada. He said he would get to it today and get the "Gift Card" issued. LIE #5 I reminded him of what he told me as well as Jose. He said he didn't know if that was possible and put me on hold, but didn't come back on. I called back and spoke with the store manager, Mike Solomon, who said a gift card refund is "store policy" regardless of what I was told. I called Best Buy Corporate Customer Relations and spoke to Jean & Dana, who said "sorry, pay with a gift card, get a gift card back. The card doesn't have any value so we can't issue you a check". Strangely, it had value when we purchased. I filed another complaint with Consumer Affairs. I will again try to sell the Gift Card at less than face value and try to take Best Buy to court for whatever I was shorted. So now I have a bill for another frig and a Best Buy Gift Card that I will NEVER use. I'm done with Best Buy. I'm tired of their lies.