Product: Best Buy Deal Clear all filters (55 of 55 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Barnegat Township, New Jersey - Bait and Switch Scam canon t3i camera

Purchased a canon t3i package deal on their online web site yesterday,ad advertised was for canon t3i camera,8 gig memory card,55/200 lens,and a carry bag,and paid for it on line with my bestbuy credit card. Went to pick it up with my paid reciete and they tried to give me a cheaper t3 canon.I said thats not what your ad advertises and thats not what I paid for.They told me to leave without my camera,customer service hung up 3 times because nobody knew what to tell me.I have the ad and my reciete and plan to persue this with consumer affairs and the BBB
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy sells products they can't deliver

I bought a range on line and received a delivery confirmation on 9/2/11 that the range would be delivered on 9/28/11. The day before scheduled delivery, Best Buy local store called and said they couldn't get the range that it was out of stock. It might not seem like a big deal but the exact same thing happened to my husband when he bought a TV from a year ago. They charged the credit card and then made excuses for about a week on when it was coming and finally admitted they couldn't get it. Also, I bought an IPOD at the Mechanicsburg, PA store. When I went in, I told them I saw it online for $225. Their store price was about $50 more. They told me they would honor the online price. I also picked up a $6 case. When I got to the register the guy tried to charge me $270. I called him on it and he said he forgot to enter the online price. He gave me the online price but the total still wasn't right. The "computer" was ringing up the $6 case at $25.99. He finally fixed it and I paid the right price. Had i not been attentative, they would have ripped me off. Bottom line. Don't buy from this place online or in store. They are a crooks to put it mildly. Complaints to their customer service reps a futile as no one cares.
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy in Culver City, California - They do not honor in store or online prices!

Online I found 46" Sony NSX-46GT1 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV for $598.99. When I decided to buy,it had expired. A week or so later,it appeared again. I went to the store to check it out before purchasing. The sign on the product had the exact same price. I completed the new Best Buy credit card application since they offered a promotion of $20. Now it is time to buy and the employee says, this was a "Corporate wide error" and they did not fulfill any orders at this price. I find this hard to believe since it was offered twice online and in the store.Did anyone else purchase this? What a waste of time!They offered it for $900,what a deal, thanks again FOR NOTHING!

Wow youre common sense is staggering to think a buisiness thrives by selling a product cheaper than what they buy it for. :roll

Best Buy in Fayetteville, North Carolina - Warranty Scam

I wanted to let someone Know that I will no longer purchase from Best Buy. I also intend to let everyone I can know that the warranty that Best Buy touts at the time of sale is Garbage. I purchased a car audio head unit in October of last year and purchased the extended warranty per the salesman's suggestion. He told me if it breaks just bring it in and we will replace it. Well it broke and I took the unit in. It turns out that Sony has dis-continued the model I bought. They did replace the unit with a new sony. When I got it home I realized that it only had 1 set of RCA cables and I had configured my system to run off front and rear RCA's. I took it back and the only one that they had in the store that matched the options and RCA connections I had was $200.00 more than I had paid for the original unit. I had now wasted an entire Saturday trying to use the warranty that I was told would take care of any issues I had. The told me if I left the unit they would order me one that was less of a stereo but had 2 sets of RCA's. I explained to him that I drive this truck over the road during the week and could not be without it. One channel was better then no channels. I asked him to order me a unit and I would come in and swap when I got back. He said that was not possible. He had to have my unit before he would order me a new one. Well it was 8:00 pm by now and I gave up. I will make sure that I post this on every public web site I can just to keep anyone else form wasting their money and time at Best Buy. Best Buy made the deal with Sony, not me. But in the end they made Sony my problem.

It ainted a extended warranty, its a protection plan! Read the paper!

In all honesty best buy didn't lie to you, They promised you a new unit an that's what's you got a new unit. The company can't control what the manufacturer makes and technology changes so rapidly that new products are coming out constantly and older products are getting discontinued. The warranty isn't a scam and if you read the terms and conditions after purchasing one it would all make sense.

Alan C

While 99% of the time I would castigate BBY and its plans, this is a bit different. the fact that the store swapped a unit was admirable.

Legally, they could have sent it to the mfr to get repaired - you may have been better off. Replacement after the mfr warranty is usually done with a gift card. The ONLY monies the GSBBRP is liable for is the amount of the purchase, not a dime more. When technology changes and you have a unique product, well, thems the breaks.

If not user induced, you could have sent it out for repair (if it wasn't totally fried). Every single retail extended plan has the same clause/conditions.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Unacceptable Best Buy Experience

Update by user Jul 11, 2011

I posted this complaint on the Best Buy Unboxed Forums, in which I got a response within a few days from one of their Community Connectors. He seemed to be genuinely interested in helping me with my situation, however, it was obvious that there was a limit to what he could do to help, as he passed my information along to the store\'s General Manager and District Manager.

This was back in early June.

I have yet to hear a peep from the people who are supposed to be able to help. I just find it funny how there is little that corporate could do to assist or mend my tainted experience with their store.

Original review posted by user Jun 10, 2011

Both my husband and I have been loyal Best Buy customers for more than a decade each. Despite us being able to purchase items online or at other discount retailers for remarkably less, we always purchase from Best Buy, and I mean that. Our most recent trip however, left the two of us utterly infuriated and speechless. On June 7, 2011, my husband and I were at the Eubank Best Buy location in Albuquerque, New Mexico perusing the DVDs. Many of the Blu-ray titles had promotional stickers on them advertising a "Trade & Save" deal that would allow us to trade in any DVD for $5 off select Blu-ray titles in the store. After seeking out an associate for more details on how this promotion worked, we were told that the details were as simple as the sticker would suggest. To avoid having to look through every single movie cover for a sticker, I asked for a list of participating titles. We were told that such a list didn't exist. In fact, we could trade in any DVD at any time to get store credit and not just the movies with the special stickers. On June 9, 2011, at approximately 6 pm, my husband and I returned to the same Best Buy location with a small stack of DVDs to trade in. We went to customer service, told the associate that we wanted to do a trade in, and asked again how the deal worked. We were told that each DVD would be $5 off a participating Blu-ray (the ones with stickers), but that we couldn't combine our credit to all go toward the same title. In other words, we would have to buy seven new movies to claim the money earned from the seven movies we brought in. Quite understandable. After noticing that she didn't have any coupons left at the register, the associate called a manager to ask if the deal was still going on. After confirming this with the manager, she proceeded to scan our movies, place recycling stickers on them, toss them into a recycling bin and gave us our coupon and receipt indicating that we had given them seven movies. My husband and I then spent an hour and a half going through all the movies in the Blu-ray aisle and carefully deciding which participating titles we wanted to add to our collection. When we went to the register, the cashier scanned the coupon and pointed out that it didn't work because the promotion had expired on June 4, 2011. Another associate was called over, who read the coupon and also told us that the coupon had expired. After telling him that we had just been given the coupon about an hour before, he told us that the coupon was only good for participating titles. We pointed out that all of the movies we selected had stickers indicating this, and that we were well aware of that stipulation. He responded by saying that he had to check a "list" to verify this, but that he could override the expiration date so we could get our $5 off of one of the titles. After clarifying with him that we had $35 worth of credit, he called over a manager. The manager looked over the coupon we presented, and also told us that the coupon was expired. She obviously wasn't the one who had given the okay that the promotion was still going on. We explained the whole situation again, and she responded with the same spheel regarding participating titles. She had the other associate go find a shipper to come up front to explain what this meant. When we showed her that all the titles we chose had the sticker, she assumed that we had merely picked out the "stragglers" of the group that they had not managed to sell. However, there must have been over a hundred still on the floor, and at least 20 titles that my husband and I had such a hard time only choosing seven. Being frustrated by how big of an issue this had become, my husband and I decided that we just wanted our DVDs back and didn't want to purchase the Blu-rays. We were told that we could not have our DVDs back because according to the coupon, we could not take the DVDs after trade-in. However, having not received anything for the movies we brought in to trade, we thought this to be quite unfair. After arguing with the manager, we were able to walk back to customer service, where our movies had to be picked out of the recycling bin and given back to us. And while this whole situation was frustrating, the most disappointing part was that no one we dealt with after the issue came about was willing to listen to my husband and I. Instead, we were treated as if we were trying to scam the store out of seven Blu-rays for a $35 discount off of a possible $180 purchase. We were treated rudely, and were cut off several times when we had tried to calmly explain our side of the issue. My husband and I put in a lot of effort to find out details of the promotion, yet, no one told us that the promo had ended until after we had been given a coupon "guaranteeing" a deal. At the end of our two hour visit to Best Buy, not once were we given a given a simple apology. My husband and I left with our DVDs in tow feeling like we had been the ones who caused the mistake. I would have been more understanding of the matter had a manager not given the initial associate we talked to an okay to accept our DVDs for trade in. If the promotion had ended, all employees, especially a manager, should have clearly known this before giving information out to customers. This Best Buy location clearly needs to fix its communication and managerial issues so it can provide better service to its customers.

Best Buy in Round Rock, Texas - The good and the bad

I hate just as much when things get Misrepresented. I deal with those type of issues alot. I am an employee of Best Buy. I have seen great things with our plans and I have seen others things that I didn't always agree with but know that there are processes that go with it. I truly think they are a great service to our clients. I wish all of our employees were just as great but that's not always the case. I apologize on behalf of shotty employees and bad experiences. I try to always think of the best interest of my clients and do what I can to accommodate them, within my ability that is. I have not seen phones being exchanged by technology only. Our exchanges were on price point and luckily now, our phones are phasing out of the month long insanity and is going to rapid exchange. I've seen some phones take 4 days and others come next day. Unfortunately we had a contract with 3rd party repairs centers which had to be fulfilled before changing. And I'm glad! It will make at least the phone repair process alot better. We try new things as a company to see what works and does not. It is a process, and takes time, but we are truly here to get our clients all the technologies they want and to protect their investments. This may not change anyone's mind, but you do need to know that there are Best Buy employees that are out they who do care about their clients and the product and services they sell.

"I try to always think of the best interest of my clients and do what I can to accommodate them"

Then why not have a big sign that says "You will get better prices and customer service at newegg.com and amazon.com. Please use our store as a showroom only"? That would truely be in the best interest of the customer.

Best Buy Hates Its Customers

At least thats the only conclusion I can draw from this month long nightmare. My husband and I bought a new washer and drier from the Best Buy online store. A delivery was scheduled for Dec 13th, 2010. The delivery guys were incompetent and could not find a way to get the washer and drier into my house so they rescheduled for the next weeks. When they arrived a week later on Dec 20th, both were successfully delivered BUT the washer was damaged and non-functional (the front panel was smashed in and the unit would not even turn on and thus began our horrendous experience with Best Buy which my husband has been keeping a diary of as follows: 1st delivery - Dec 13 - incorrect measurement, refused to deliver 2nd delivery - Dec 20 - correct measurement, delivered, damaged 1st Svc req - Dec 20 - was promised callback in 48hrs 2nd Svc req - Dec 22 - follow up on previous, found out call not placed by BB and there was no record of our complaint, this time BB did place call and scheduled repair service Service sched for Dec 29 Dec 28 - learned parts on backorder, repair now on Jan 04 Dec 28 - 4 hours on phone trying to resolve sooner as we had not done laundry in 15 days 1. called BB and had to leave message 2. finally got ahold of someone at Geek Squad 3. Svc ctr manager Mervin - very unhelpful, refused to acknowledge reality of situation so I asked for supervisor 4. Mervin's manager Yolanda - after a very long discussion convinced her to call LG to confirm parts were on backorder - she unwilling to do anything else to resolve situation, we requested a replacement unit - she dumped me with "a store manager," at the closest BB 5. Plymouth Meeting PA store manager Vincent: - told us he couldn't help replace our unit because his store did not have it in stock and told us we had to call all the stores to find and talk to a manager at store with inventory - we asked him to look up other store inventories which he could easily do on his own and found out that the closest store with our unit was 80 miles away - Vincent transfered our call to this store, Lancaster 6. Lancaster, PA store manager Lisa Previtera - she informed us that she can not ship that far - the deal has to be approved by my local store - but I just got off the phone with my local store! - Lisa advised us to call Consumer Relations 7. Mike, Consumer Relations - promised us he would arrange replacement fast - promised us the order specialist Tiffany "Goosh" from dot com will respond within 48 hrs - Case# 81038140 Dec 30th: Ainsley, Consumer Relations - We called after 48 hrs no contact to check up on status - found out that there was no record of dispatch to Lisa or Tiffany Goosh to solve our problem - we requested again a dispatch for defective replacement - we requested dispatch to dot com supervisor to investigate Tiffany situation Jan 3rd: Recvd call to confirm service appt for Jan 04; 2 of 3 parts arrived; 3rd part sched ship Jan 15 (which would mean 35 days of no clean laundry) Jan 4th: 2 of 3 parts replaced by Geek Squad Technician, washer powers on but additional symptoms now appear and so it is non-functional. Service technician Dave recommends replacement; instructs us to call our local store again with our work order number. Most frusturating and unprofessional behaivor yet: Called Plymouth Meeting, PA Geek Squad, began explaining story, was abruptly interrupted mid sentence and transferred to appliances Erica. I begin explanation again, Erica says I have to talk to Geek Squad. Long hold, then Erica says I have to come to the store in person. I asked why and Erica puts the phone down on table without saying anything. Long wait - someone else picks up the phone, asks if I'm being helped. I say not exactly, begin explaining our situation all over, get interrupted again saying I have to speak to manager. Long hold, finally greeted with no name. Begin explaining, then interrupted for hold. Puts phone on table and I can hear him talking to other people re: unrelated business. Very long wait, then Erica says she cannot help and that I have to call the 800 number for any help and explains that since I bought it at dot com they can't help me. Of course this is not true, there are lots of things they can do to help me. I suggest they do it for me b/c it's been 3 weeks and we have been given nothing but the runaround. She says I will have to hold for manager - I thought that's where I had alread been. Ed Furgeson, store operations manager finally gets on line and will call support to handle it. Ed promises callback. Length of call 40 mins. It's been 22 days since I've had clean laundry and guess what I'm doing right now? I'm hold with Best Buy, current total wait time: 30 minutes and counting . . . We will never purchase from Best Buy ever again

I am sad that Joao hates me. :cry

I hate Simon

I had a similar experience with a Maytag dishwasher I ordered from Best Buy.com. It arrived in 3 days, damaged and unusable.

After a month of being put off and ignored by Best Buy, I called and cancelled the whole order. I ordered the exact same dishwasher from Home Depot for $120.00 cheaper. It will be arriving in 4 days... Worst Buy has seen the last of my money.

I am cutting up my Best Buy credit card, which has $3200.00 open to buy... Very *** of Best Buy to run off this kind of customer!!

Just an analogy to show how you use drama to come to a ridiculous conclusion.

to simon what does the kids have to do with it, we are talking about a business that finds a way to put the customer through *** at every chance they get. to the marmuvet family god bless i hope and pray that you can wash soon.

Best Buy hates it's customers? A tad overdramatic don't you think? If your kid messes something up do you say "You hate me!"?

View more comments (5)
Loss

Best Buy in Saint Paul, Minnesota - Bestbuy Order Pick-up service @ store 1463 really sucks!!!

I ordered a playstation 3 online from Bestbuy to pick-up at Shakopee store (#1463). Guess what? After I waited for one and half hour at the store, they told me that my order was cancelled. But they could sell the same item if I would pay in store and go to deal with the online order to get my refund later. But I used a gift card combined with my credit card to order this item. I do not want to keep this gift card any more. So Bestbuy asked me to go home deal with Bestbuy online. When I called Bestbuy, they put me on hold for 45 minutes and after 3 representatives, I still did not get an answer how to refund my gift card. Bestbuy did not care value customer time at all. This is the worst experience I have had as a customer in the United States.

"This Guy", you are completly wrong. How would you know how best buy ordering systems work?

For online purchases, only the customer or an online rep. can cancel the order. In-store associates do not have that power. They can;t even call an online rep.

and cancel it. The rep. will ask to speak with the customer, as they have to have authorization from the purchaser.

If the customer did not cancel it, the only other way it would happen, is if the billing information could not be verified. Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

All retailers have the same rules when it comes to gift cards. They have to, because cashing out gift cards is considered money laundrying.

Every gift card or digital cash card (iTunes, Xbox/PS3/Wii points, Farmville points, etc.) says the exact same thing, generally first line. Not redeemable for cash.

Doesn't matter who it comes from.

How ever your paid with your order is how it is refunded. It's not up to the retailer to change your form of payment during a return.

This G

If the item is ordered online for an in-store pick up, then the store is the one that canceled it. Chances are, some brainless part-timer who doesn't care didn't feel like looking for your order.

You should raise a stink in the store with the manager, but don't go in there swearing left and right. They're trained to be d-bags to anyone who starts swearing, which in a way is the right thing to do because if you go around *** in everyone's cheerios you can't really expect them to be your bff.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy in Washington, District Of Columbia - Bay Shor, NY - BestBuy Buyer beware!!

Purchased what a thought was a good deal 320GB hard Drive $60, turns out that there was a 40GB hard drive in the sealed box. Brought it back to bestbuy next day, and was told by Cust. #@%$^#, "MIke B." that I had to call the manufacturer and complain to them. I contacted BestBuy Cust. relations, "Tina" who assured me that she would contact store mangaer and do something about this..just as soon as we were off the phone. Well I week later I contacted them again..and left voice mail.. 3 days later still No call back - No real customer help. I'm currently disputing charge with my credit my card co. I used to spend thousands of dollars in their store as a computer repair man, now I rather drive 30 miles and shop at "MicroCenter".. screw Bestbuy, I hope they end up like "Circuit City".
This G

Funny how you jump to conclusions after I tell you the proper way of going about how to fix your possibly unfortunate situation. Obviously the store isn't going to help you. But your post did make me laugh. Since you claim to work in computer repair, I'm going to assume you run a hammer store. Well I hope Home Depot puts you out of commission! (See how ridiculous it is to jump to conclusions about someone you don't know just because they have a different opinion?) And FYI, I actually WANT Best Buy to go out of business. They have incredibly shady practices which upper management will preach behind closed doors and then deny to your face. This is not one of them. All stores have policies in place to protect their bottom line. This is one of them for Best Buy.

Telling your friends and family about not shopping at that store is not going to hurt them. There always has been and always will be other avenues for people to buy their electronics. Tell me, why is it ridiculous to check the box of something you bought to make sure it is in there? This obviously happens enough to people everywhere that it seems like it would be a pretty good idea.

Here's my favorite part:

"I guess most of you sheeps outthere think is OK, when a big company reaches into your pocket and takes money from your kids mouth?

P.S. I alreay made my next PC/TV purchased at RadioShak and PC Richards... over $1,500"

You complain about food being taken out of their mouths over a $60 hard drive, then you go out and spend another $1500. LOL!

And for calling other people high school drop outs, you spell like a ***.

I hope your next customer tries to rip you off. Then if you don't fall for their ***, I hope they end up on this site complaining about you. See how you like it.

I hope your next customer tries to rip you off. Then when you catch them, I hope they end up on this site complaining about you. See how you like it.

Carma is a ***. I hope your next purchase from bestbuy is a rock in a box. Let's see how you like it.

Maybe they don't return your phone calls because they have given you their answer and they don't want to hear you whine anymore.

How many times do they have to tell you that they will not give you a refund on a product until you bring in the item that was purchased?

They aren't going to give you $60 for your old, used hard drive.

They caught you in your ***. Get over it and move on.

Hahaha, You're an ***. I am a computer repairman, I used to spend 15K to 20K at bestbuy. I run my own business, and have no need to scam besttbuy. I did not want a refund simply an exchange to complete a repair on a laptop. When I say, they took from my kids mouth it is a fact, since I support my family repairing computers. The Only scammers here are the people of Bestbuy, Bay Shore, NY.

you would think, they would at least return my phone calls after I presented my case with Customer Service Relations.

Nothing!!!! that's why I'm here... "Buyer Beware" of bestbuy the true scammers-conartist.

How do you connect buying a hard drive to taking food out of your kid's mouth? Are you saying that since you lost money buying a hard drive your kids don't get to eat?

Maybe you should buy your kid's food before you go to Best Buy.

You should just come clean already. You bought a 320GB hard drive, took it home, put your old *** one in the box, and tried to get a refund. Best Buy caught you in the act and now you're mad and embarrassed.

You were probably planning on using the $60 you conned Best Buy out of to feed your kids and now you can't. Well too bad.

I guess most of you sheeps outthere think is OK, when a big company reaches into your pocket and takes money from your kids mouth? I wll not laydown for this, I will fight, and fight.

I will persue all media avenues to show how *** up bestbuy is. If I can contribute to just .0022% to bestbuy demise, it will make my day.

P.S. I alreay made my next PC/TV purchased at RadioShak and PC Richards... over $1,500.

People!, there are more choices out there don't shop at BestBuy... shop at PC Richards, Staples, NewEgg, RadioShak, Etc.

Whoa there. No one was being rude, he was simply trying to explain the reason behind why you may be having a hard time getting a refund in this situation.

His point is: How does Best Buy know that you didn't change out the hard drive yourself? Should Best Buy take every customer at their word? I work in customer service and customers lie all the time to get their way. Think of how much money a store would lose if these policies were not in place.

You talk about profit margins. Well fraudulent returns cost a store a ton of money. Also remember that the more money a store loses on fradulent returns, the more they raise prices.

Never have a heard such a ridiculous answer, to open the box before you walk out of the store" Clearly you're one of BestBuy’s "Damage Control", rude high school drop-outs working there. You guys think you're too big to care about customer service.

Can't wait for the next big store chain to put you out of business.

I hope everyone who reads this post will boycott “Bestbuy” and passes along to their friends and family. Maybe if they feel it in their profit margin, they will do something about their customer service.

This G

This is an issue to take up with the manufacturer. If something comes sealed in the box, it has nothing to do with what Best Buy did.

A lot of fraudulent returns are done using the same story you are using, so when there are legitimate issues they tend to not believe it. There was one instance where a guy bought a wireless adapter, called from the parking lot to say there was a mix of cheesy potatoes in it. We told him to bring it right back in and we'd switch it out for him but he claimed he was "way too busy to come back right now" and he'd be back later. So the store had to take the loss on the cheesy potatoes wireless adapter.

While your claim is not nearly as outlandish, these things happen ALL OF THE TIME.

Best way to make sure it doesn't happen? Open it in the store.

View more comments (10)
Review
#206785 Review #206785 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy in Miami, Florida - Free TV with room 3 wk. delivery

Bought new living room set with free tv. Wife in Texas, me in Florida. Called to schedule delivery of furniture, was then told the tv comes from Best Buy and would take 10 to 14 days to deliver, when we called to complain, we were told we should have read the fine print.Had to cancel Direct TV installation, because we had no tv. They told us we could cancel our order, but wife needed her furniture. Called back to see if something could be done, told us it would take 3 wks., was coming from Best Buy warehouse in Missouri. Two more CEO's that'll get a big bonus for incompetence, any one ever hear of efficiency. Told wife not to call again, figured that it would take even longer. Never will deal with these buffoons again !
Review
#200257 Review #200257 is a subjective opinion of poster.