Rochester, New York

At the beginning of October, 2010 I purchased a CD player at the Victor NY Best Buy Store. I stood in line for approximately 15 minutes by the time I was taken care of. The cashier ignored me while she was having a long conversation with a customer. I was tired of holding the box so I walked over and put it down on the counter and went back and stood in line. Finally a lady came over to take care of my transaction and I asked who the manager of the front end was. She said it was her so I explained how the cashier had been talking and how long I had waited. She (the manager) was so rude it was unbelievable..She was making excuses for the clerk and was obviously covering for her..It is my opinion the management in that store is too close to their employees. When I told the Front End Manager that I would write a letter she said that she would love to hear her clerks were talking to the customer..After that comment she pushed the article toward me quickly and called the next customer..

When calling the Corporate Office they filed a complaint and explained to me that the General Manager from the store might or might not call me back. They said that the General Manager does not need to call the customer back even if there is a complaint about their store. I spoke with three different people from the Corporate office and they all said the same thing. I have never heard of such a thing. I also contacted Best Buy Corporate Office by email and still have the rude emails the Corporate office sent back to me. they actually insinuated that the customer ahead of me was to blame for holding up the cashier.

As of March 26, 2011 I have never received a phone call or anything regarding this matter. It doesn't look like Best Buy has any concern regarding their customer's satisfaction.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Manager.

Comments

Quit being such a baby. You had to wait in line. Big deal. Get over yourself.

What do you want them to do about your complaint? You've told how many people? They obviously don't consider it a valid complaint (because it isn't).

Go shop at Wal-Mart. No one ever complains about how long their lines are.