Filter by rating :
44 of 296 reviews with 2-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Sold Defective & Dangerous Item as New, Charged Twice as much | Best Buy in Federal Way, Washington

1.9
Buyer beware of Best Buy. Ordered Targus dock for laptop at total cost of $142.00 via Best Buy--online with in store pickup and failed to check pricing (Amazon had same item at about 50% less $70 plus tax). After picking up at local store, we noticed box had been re-taped. Upon opening box, noticed pungent smell of burned electronics - smell lingered in our noses for 30 to 60 minutes. Obvious defective item that could have started fire. My son plugged it in and fortunately no fire. The item had already been on fire and was dead - no power. Called store and store said we had to make second trip to return the item. Talked to Chris the Manager when I got to store. He apologized and offered to match Amazon price at 10% off. Told him I had lost trust in Best Buy in that they had put a returned and obviously defective item back on the shelf and then tried to pass it off to someone who ordered online at twice the price. Told him I run a company with 89 people and I would make it right with any customer so treated and that I wanted him to know he had a problem at store. He said he was sorry but that was all he was prepared to do. He may have been sincere but came across as he was just saying he was sorry because that was what he was supposed to say. Had I been in his shoes, I would have gone over and above to try to restore trust. I explained to him that simply ordering another one (there were no other computer docks in stock) and matching Amazon plus 10% did not restore trust. He said that was all he was prepared to do. So Hello Amazon and Bye Bye Best Buy tun intended). Will avoid your store like the plague and only go there if in total desperation because all other options/stores/vendors are not available. No wonder Best Buy is losing ground to Amazon.
#1208367

What the h is wrong with you? Did you expect the mgr to give it to you for free? ***!

#1203792

well I don't buy from there any more we spent all most $6000.00 there in federal way store new TVs washer an dryer front load two laptops all the wires you know to hook up TV s DVD players Surround sound for two rooms. DVD player did not do what they said so I returned it an a pack of $40 DVD disk an some TV hook up things they said I needed $99.99 each like 6 of them they said I cant hook up my stuff but the cable company gave them free.AN the thing that got me is I went in the very next day an asked for help on some of the stuff well we can set appointment an it cost me to get help an all I had was a few Questions for them. NEVER WILL I BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

#1202884

They still have rules. You make too large a discount on an expensive product, even as a manager, and loss prevention is notified automatically.

Swapping the unit is policy, offering the extra discount is going above. You just want to feel important, so you throw around the mention of your business and what you would do, believing you should be handed whatever discount you feel entitled too.

They'll take less of a hit just returning a damaged product to the vendor for credit than they would giving it to you far below margin anyways. ***

#1202941
@Anonymous

I think 25% and a nice discount on his next purchase would go a long way toward his time and travel expenses making the extra trips. Amazon takes care of their customers when they have product/shipping issues and usually it involves a sizable discount and free Prime months.

In some instances they even comp whole items on the order. Don't under estimate the power of social media. All it takes is for me to read that Best Buy re-packaged a defective product that had the pungent smell of burned electronics.

I'll tell a few of my colleagues about it and may even send them this link. Best Buy has a public relations problem on their hands.

#1202879

What exactly did you want the manager to do? He attempted to make it right by matching Amazon's price and taking an extra 10% off, so clearly he made an effort to offer a solution and make concessions due to their error.

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Customer Care
Cons
  • Wasteing my time
  • Online store selling used as new
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • bad online shopping experience
  • Sold Defective Return As New

Keeping my order and $$$ hostage | Best Buy in Alto, New Mexico

1.5
On 4/29/16 I ordered a system as part of the purchase that I decided on 4/30/16 there were better options, so I called to cancel. They 'noted' the cancellation request. Several calls later, to no avail, the item was still 'in shipping'. On 5/9/16 UPS driver hauled a box to my deck, and I refused it. On 5/10/16 an email said 'sorry, your shipment is delayed, the new date is 6/7/16'. I called again and was told the item was cancelled and I'd receive an email update. No email. On 5/11/16 I was told it was still on order and a 'cancellation request' was pending. I need the cancellation in writing and Best Buy aka Worst Buy USA will not validate the return, nor the cancellation, nor give me a tracking link to the original delivery of the item of question. They have made this experience so horrible! I am so upset! I'm ready to show up with the news media consumer reporters if they cannot find a way to put this in writing that the order is officially cancelled and to refund the $1041.78 back to my newly acquired Best Buy Visa card. Fortunately the card will be available for use at other better stores, not just in-store use. But in the interim, they are holding hostage over half of my line of credit on the card. This whole situation has caused me more than frustration, more mental duress and I'm depressed, exhausted. Best Buy wont give me the UPS tracking number on what was shipped and on it's way back via UPS. When I last spoke to a BB (ball breaking) rep, and asked her to tell me why they could not put into writing the order return cancellation, etc. and I told her that I was audio recording our call, just as they audio record the call for 'better customer service', she clammed up and ended the call. I do have that on audio if you 'd like to hear it!
Best Buy Customer Care
Cons
  • Lies and lack of written communication
  • Post purchase care
  • Customer service and damaged product
Reason of review
Poor cutomer service, problem with delivery/cancellation, lack of print communication, problems with payment, order processing issue, return policy not as described, etc. etc.
Full refund
  • consumer financial protection
  • worst company
  • Cancellation Rip Off

They have no idea what customer experience means | Best Buy in Littleton, Colorado

2.0
Bought a TV, a very nice one. Product delivery experience for my wife was terrible and issue with the product. Called, submitted request for help, no return phone call. Wrote on feedback form for order, no follow-up from company, called again and escalated again and I still haven't received a return phone call, 3 weeks later. I have called the store directly, they rarely actually pick up the phone AND they tell me they cannot help I have to wait for someone at corporate to call me back. They wouldn't even help me with the product issue and told me I had to work with the manufacturer. Shame on me, simply because BB is the most prolific company in this mid-range technology space, I went online AGAIN to buy another product for my company. Placed the order 2 days before Christmas, Was supposed to be delivered 12/28. No rush, it's for our office. THEY cancelled my order on Christmas day with no explanation, the price has now gone up and they won't honor the price. I think they realized they had discounted the product too much and simply cancelled to make more off every order out there since they still cannot explain this. This company is great is you know exactly what you want and you go into the store to purchases. THIS COMPANY IS AWFUL IN POST PURCHASE CARE, AWFUL.
Best Buy Customer Care
Pros
  • Product options
Cons
  • Post purchase care
  • Customer service
5 items above fit how I feel
Let the company propose a solution
  • Post Purchase Customer Care
  • Not Honoring Price

Bad products and service | Best Buy in Blaine, Minnesota

2.3
From the poor communications to the damaged products I have yet to get what I ordered and it's been 15 months and I have take over 15 1/2 day off work. When they delivered my stove and fridge I watched the guy bring it down off the truck and I was *** in the back of the box the size of a basketball. When it was unboxed the guy said it had a small dent in the back and no one would notice and he said customer service would send me a gift card for $50.00 but when I looked at it the rt. rear corner was hit so hard the left front door would not close, obviously the frame was twisted. I had taken the other stove out so I had them leave it and would arrange an exchange after the holiday. The put the fridge in without incident but they first night I was awakened buy a thudding noise, it sounded like 3 grapefruit had rolled off the counter but when I checked I could not see anything?? but it happen several more times that night and I figured it out it was the new fridge. I called the next morning and spoke to a young gal who did not let me get out two words before she jumped in and said it was the ice maker and they could not do anything about it and I would get use to it. Well after she finished he blabbing I told I did not have an ice maker and I would not get use to it . This seemed to *** her off and she said a geek person would come out when he did and did not hear the noise but suggested I put my $500.00 camcorder INSIDE the fridge which I refused but ok'ed him to put their camera inside the fridge but he thought Best buy would not do that. Within two days I caught the noise on my camera and sent it to them and a day later a different C/S person called and said it obviously the ice maker in which I replied "I don't have an ice maker", he replied ALL our fridges have ice makers. I took a photo inside and sent it to them along with more recordings of the noise. Two more service calls with no results and they agreed to replace it. In the mean time my small chest freeze had died so I stopped by and ordered a small chest freeze for downstairs while we picked out a different fridge for up stairs while we were trying to set up the delivery for both the person helping us could not figure out the computer and how to do a switch and a new purchase on the same order???? no fewer than 6 people had the fingers in our order and I had the feeling it would be screwed up. The night before the delivery I got a message saying they were dropping off the fridge between 9-12 the next day, I called back and was told the chest freezer would be delivered a couple days later to which I said I am not taking another day off work and I would wait until the freezer was in stock and do it on the same day, I was told it was in stock but the orders came in a different times and had to be done in the order they came in?????????? I told them that I wanted a supervisor to call which he did within 15 minutes I explained the situation and he said he would take care of it. the next day the truck showed up WITHOUT the chest freezer AND did not know it was an exchange and claimed the did not have room on the truck to take the old one. I told them to change it out and leave the other in the garage and they could pick it later...they had to call in to get that ok'ed. I got a call later in the day asking me to come home because they had found the chest freezer in the truck, I told them I was 70 miles away but they could go thru the back door of the garage press the button by the door and grab the old fridge and leave the chest freezer in the
Damaged or defective