Best Buy (Worst Buy) Horrible Customer Service

After being in customer care (20+ years , rep, supervisor, trainer, director) Best (Worst) Buy proved over the last 2 days that the author of the book "Your Call is Not that Important to Us" was right. The call center in KY with there assistant to the supervisors like Chris, Cindy (she was the worst) and Theresa the supposed Consumer Relations person that put me on hold for over 30 minutes and then I'm transferred back to call center in KY. All I can say is Best Buy (Worst) has the most horrific after the buy service in the world.
#320965

What a dumb comment by Simon.

The complaint was written on a website called pissedconsumer.

WTF are you doing reading it then?

He should stf. lol.

Your just mad because you know that you do not have the power to hurt their market share. They don't care if they loose you as a customer because when 1 customer leaves many others join.

If you were really in the customer service field for 20+ years you would know that corporations do not care about customers service. It's all about giving insincere apologizes and lets help the next customer because we have tons

What a dumb complaint.

Just shut up.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy Free delivery unflexible and not customer friendly

Best Buy offers free delivery on appliances but only on their terms. I was pushed out 1 week and told to wait for a call to set up delivery and then they had with no flexibility on a time slot. Not a time, a time slot. Otherwise you need to wait longer. I was offered only 1 -5 p.m which would not work. My option was to pick a new day with a new call and a new time slot. If that didnt work I guess I would have to wait again. I will not purchase an appliance at Best Buy, their attitude was "OK shop somewhere else". Absolutely no care about losing the sale, no compassion for the problem they were part of causing. They were quick to cancel the sale, that wont be a problem in the future, I will shop somewhere else.

The way you described the delivery set up doesn't make sense. Best Buy uses a 3rd party to handle appliance deliveries.

All Best Buy can do is set up a day for delivery (usually a 7am to 7pm timeframe) and the 3rd party will call to narrow the timeframe down to a 2-3 hour window. That 3rd party has a route they have to follow with a lot of customer deliveries. Unfortunately they cannot work around an individual customer's schedule.

If the day and timeframe they give does not work for you, then you have to reschedule. You will be very hard pressed to find a company who sells appliances who doesn't follow this same outline to some extent.

John N

I have been getting my appliances from Lowes with their free delivery, which is the next day. So far bought a range, refrigerator and a washer/dryer combo.

Great service from them.

Lowe's prices are also very good and competitive. I stopped buying much of anything from Best Buy a couple of years ago due to their poor customer service and sill practice of putting their own "***" on some computers---which is very difficult to get rid of.

View more comments (1)

$1,000 order where is it....no clue | Best Buy in Staten Island, New York

order 1,000 worth of appliances three weeks ago....called customer service for the last two weeks...put on hold, disconnected, we wont talk to you because the order is in your husbands name.....after being disconnected, onn put on hold for a great length of time.....as of today, they still dont know where my order is....couldnt care less i was cancelling a 1,000 dollar order nor offered to offer me anything for my inconvenience.....so i filed a complaint with their customer service complaint dept and what did they do PUT ME ON HOLD..... i hung up.....do not order from best buy on line or in store period......service is horrible nor do they really care where or how your appliances are being delivered....everyone just passes the buck......STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE
Best Buy Customer Care
Never buy online/phone with Bestbuy.com. They have horrible service for delivery and customer care. I had a very bad experience with them and just want to let all know as they can be careful before ordering something. I ordered a Refrigerator from Bestbuy.com over...
This G
#205232

This scenario is a warning to people buying appliances from Best Buy. This kind of thing happens ALL OF THE TIME!

The store makes promises that it can't always fulfill because they will do anything to make the sale and then blame the warehouse when things don't go right. Also, things get oversold and it always leads to customer disappoints. I.E.

3 different stores see that 1 fridge is coming into the warehouse and they all make the same purchase, 2 customers are S.O.L. and it doesn't matter

Review
#200372 Review #200372 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

BEST BUY THE WORST ELECTRONIC STORE...STILL OPEN!!!

COME ON CONSUMERS, WHY ARE YOU BUYING FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. THEY DON'T ABIDE BY THEIR SALES WHICH IS BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING. THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE NOT FAMILIARIZED WITH THE PRODUCTS OR HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO PROPERTY DEMONSTRATE. LAZY MANAGERS. SO MANY EMPLOYEES THROUGHOUT THE STORE HUDDLE TOGETHER AND CHAT INSTEAD OF WORKING. IF THEY SELL YOU BAD EQUIPMENT, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU A RESTOCKING FEE OF 15% OF RETAIL PRICE EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS DEFAULTED! USE BEST BUY TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES, WATCH A SHOW, AND LOOK AT FLOOR SAMPLES. BUY ON AMAZON.........NO SALES TAX + FREE DELIVERY. WILL SAVE YOU $100'S ON A BIG PURCHASE. IN THIS BAD ECONOMY WHY SUPPORT A COMPANY LIKE THIS!!! LET'S PUT EM OUT OF BUSINESS.
#207673

What a couple of *** i*****! Gillette71 do you an actual account of why Best Buy is the worst electronic store?

Lisa, Does the freezer still posp open? Maybe some duct tape will work, Home Depot is running a special on some it comes with a 45 minute warranty.

#190981

QUIT BUYING! Why are we buying from ANYONE.

Just one example more (Athough I could give you several just from my recent experiences): I bought a brand new refigerator from American TV in Jan of '09. The next day I called and told them the freezer posp open constantly. They sent a technician (who rudely claimed to be a Christian) that replaced the seal that WAS NOT bad. Problem not fixed and they refused to replace or fix the issue.

Today, I still own that refrigerator. Problem not resolved even after complaining to BBB. Funny, was under warranty from Frigedaire also. Two more bad organizations.

I QUIT BUYING ANYTHING I don't truly need and they wonder what's wrong with our economy.

I say we TANK the economy and walk off jobs everywhere at once. If we have to suffer, then let the CEOs suffer more.

View more comments (1)
Review
#198815 Review #198815 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

No delivery - bad customer service | Best Buy in Santa Clara, California

I ordered a refrigerator from bestbuy.com. The web site specified the delivery date. It allowed me to complete the transaction. The expected delivery date came and i did not receive any comfirmation email or phone call. Bestbuy did send me an email asking me to call to arrange hook up assistance (for a fee of course). When I call Bestbuy customer service regarding delivery, they said an email was sent which i never received so they claim it may have been a mistake of sending the wrong email - hookup instead of delivery. The customer service rep said there is nothing can be done and delivery is 3 weeks away. He gave no explanation of the delay but said i can call the warehouse. He was unwilling to help me in anyway. I asked him is there anything he can do for me since we need the refrigerator today and what would he do if he was in my situation... a long pause then he hung up on me. Is this good customer service? Will you buy for a company that does not care about how their customer feels... well, i will not shop at this company again. There are many competitors out there which has better service and products. I called Lowes and they have the same refrigerator ($4 higher in price) and they will deliver it next day to me free of charge. BestBuy (worstbuy) will charge you $70 just on the delivery. So next time you are looking to buy something from Bestbuy - shop elsewhere, it might be cheaper overall and a much more plesant experiences. The end product is the same no matter where you buy. Try online. If you are looking for computers and other electronic... look at bensbargins.net, techbargains.com and dealnews.com - compare the prices online vs. bestbuy.com or bestbuy store. You will find there is some major differences. So buyer beware of company with bad customer service and higher prices. Knowledge is power and bad customer service and bad products = going out of business.

I had similar things happen. I ordered a television. The manager in the store hid behind the TV rack instead of apologizing. When I called customer service, they hung up on me, too.

I already paid for the television, I just wanted to know when it would actually arrive. Nobody wanted to tell me. So, I canceled it on my credit card. My card company can handle them.

I will never shop with them again. Also, I never yelled or anything. I just wanted to know when it would arrive. Nobody knew.