Getting results | Best Buy in Hanover, Virginia

Best Buy Corporate Office: (612) 291-1000 Customer Care: (888) 237-8289 I have called the 888 # so many times, now I finally found the corporate # and actually on the phone as I typed...hopefully I will get results. I called the store...no result. So the Best Buy Corporate Office number acutally works, just be courteous and speak nicely and they will help. If you fly off the handle, that doesnt help you at all. Hopefully I will post my update at what has happened and the end result. Great Luck to everyone. I don't think I will buy from them every again...I miss Circuit City.

Best Buy Customer Service

About 3 months ago, I went shopping for a new TV. I went to a Best Buy store in Golden, CO and found the TV I wanted in a few minutes. The first salesman went to check on someone else while I was still searching. After he finished with those people, he helped two other customers who came in after me while I was waiting. Then a assistant manager approached and asked if I needed help. Grateful, I explained I wanted to buy the TV and his best response was he'd get someone to help me. He wandered off to who knows where and I never saw him again. Meanwhile, the original salesman helped two more customers who again came in after me. After waiting 45 min, flagging down a total of four different store agents, and still unable to get someone to sell me a TV, I left. To me, this was beyond bad. I've spent a lot of money at Best Buy over the years on DVDs, TV, and various other electronics. And there I was ready to drop $800 on a new TV and they just kept helping and checking out other people. As a result, I refuse to shop at Best Buy now and I have shared this story with all my friends. The amazing part was #1 they weren't surprised and had other difficulties with the chain and #2 I read it was listed as one of the top 10 most hated companies due to poor customer service. Imagine that. If anyone from Best Buy reads this, which I doubt they will since they obviously don't care about the customer, I've made several purchases since this event from your competitors and I actually feel good that your company won't see a dime of my money. I'll gladly give it to your competition and look forward to the day that you are out of business.
Alan C

A lot of times this behavior occurs when you are buying an advertised TV and/or the other customers are buying extra unnecessary services such as protection plans.

"Not everyone can sell TV's," if it is already picked out, most of us don't need the nonsense of Monster cables and Geek Squad Black Tie Deception plans.

Woodbob

B.S! Seems you failed to read what he's complaining about, NO one helped him, but they helped other people that arrived after him.

I would have walked long before he did.

Even the manager blew him off!!!

You are way over-reacting. Not everyone can sell tv's, which is why the departments are seperated. But regardless, they were helping other customers, not just standing around.

Review
#292070 Review #292070 is a subjective opinion of poster.

GETTING BILLED FOR A PHONE THAT WAS CANCELLED | Best Buy in Westland, Michigan

In August my family upgraded our phones through your company. We all have insurance on these phones. Every month from my account I have the insurance taken from my account. There are 3. 2 phones are 9.99 and one is 6.99. Then your company takes another 9.99 out for a blackberry that was cancelled at the time of the up grade. I have called customer service every month since october when I noticed the deduction. You now owe me a 40.00 refund. When I called in december the customer service rep I talked to said that the blackberry was what the insurance was going to. She assured me YET AGAIN that she would make sure that the blackberry was cancelled as the number was transfered to my sons new phone, number 734-560-5076. I asked that instead of a refund that the then 30.00 owed to me be put towards January's insurance payment. They told me it would take as long as 10 to 14 days for something to happen. Guess its taking longer then that because this problem is still a PORBLEM. I want this matter taken care of. You are quick to take my money out now be just as quick and PUT MY MONEY BACK.This account is under Kenneth Gerhold #248-298-9512.

First, I want to tell you that I agree that you should be refunded the money you paid for insurance on your phones, but I'm sorry to tell you that best buy does not owe it to you.

If you have insurance on your phones, you had to have had that service added by your cell phone provider, so best buy isn't responsible for your mistake of not cancelling the insurance on your own line.

Proof that the service is not offered through best buy comes from the fact that I work for the company. When you purchase a phone from best buy mobile, you CAN pay for a service called Black tie protection, which entitles you to a replacement or repair for your device(s), but the fee for this service is charged up front. One flat rate. It is not billed to you monthly, and would not show up on your bill.

My suggestion is to contact the cellular provider and simply explain that the phones were upgraded through best buy and that the PROVIDER still mistakenly charged you for insurance on said devices for the past few months. They should credit it to your bill, taking care of the problem.

I hope this helps.

Smart idea posting your personal information online genius.

View more comments (1)

Extended warranty is a rip off!!! | Best Buy in Louisville, Kentucky

I purchased a television from them in February I bumped the tv a crack is in the screen and the screen is not covered in my warranty.I purchased a extended warranty still not covered what the *** is the purpose of the extended warranty??; NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANYTHING FROM A BEST BUY AGAIN its sad that they would do people this way when your a loyal customer they don't care its all about the money with them...You call to speak with the manger Jake Trotwood Ohio and he is no help didn't know what the *** he was talking about

First, I'd recommend to never get an extended warranty. Most of the time your items would die after the warranty, it seems.

Otherwise it is damaged due to... well, accidents. It's just how it is. I also learned that in a business (ethics) class.

Second, there is a warranty you could buy. It's called accidental warranty.

I had a few problems with my laptop, and it is worth it in the end, depending on the price. I wouldn't go for a 200 dollar one, depending on the issue with your item.

Give all the facts you tard!!! TV's don't crack when you "bump" them.

No extended warranty from any company covers physical damage. That is not only in your brochure but also common sense which is something you obviously lack.

John N

Businesses like BestBuy and WalMart make alot of money selling extended warranties. They are almost never worth it to you, the consumer.

You need to read the contract when you sign up for it. However, they ask you at the checkout counter and you would have to hold everyone up in line while you read it and most people don't do this and if you ask what it covers, the dufus checking you out will say "everything" usually and of course, there are ALWAYS exceptions in the contract. Best bet, do as I and thousands are doing---stay the heck away from BestBuy and go somewhere else from now on.

You have learned a lesson today, my son. You're welcome.

Warranties do not cover physical damage. Not only is that in the brochure you were given, it's just common sense. Otherwise people could break their things on purpose and get a brand new one.

View more comments (4)

Customer service or lack thereof | Best Buy in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Has anyone noticed that you can get all kinds of sites for Best Buy if you want to buy something; don't try though to contact anyone about a customer complaint about service.......no site!!!! Guess its true they want to sell and care not for the feedback from clients about service. dah, dah dah dah....I'm only doing this because they want 100 words....what can I say except that they really don't want client feedback...dah dah dah why am I bothering to give them feedback when clearly they don't want it....dah dah dah

You are actually wrong in your statement. The same site you can purchase is the same site you can find customer service.

There are several links to any kind of help you need. Warranty info, return/exchange info, direct customer service, not to mention all the corporate contact info.

If you just scroll to the bottom of the page, you would easily find this information. So this complaint was useless.

So sad, it's hard to take you seriously knowing you're the guy that got caught sidling up to old ladies in your store isle with your peter hangin' out trying to rub it on their legs without them noticing. Nice job!

It's hard to take you seriously when you have the grammar of a first grader.

Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy - Unfair Business Practices, Unethical!

In early September 2011 I ordered a Cannon Camera for a trip to Ireland from Amazon for $220. Because of the shipping method I selected it appeared it would not arrive in time. The evening before my trip after work I went to Best Buy on Westnedge Rd in Kalamazoo, Michigan and purchased the exact same camera for $240 +tax. Planned to send the Amazon camera back. When I got home that night the Amazon camera had arrived. I put the Best Buy camera on the counter in the bag and went to Ireland using the Amazon camera. When I returned home after 10 days in Ireland I took the Best Buy camera back to the store. 16 days after I had purchased the camera. The customer service person said the return should be no problem he just needed a manager to approve because it was 2 days past the 14 day return policy. He came back and said the manager refused to take back the camera. I asked to speak with the manager. After explaining the situation and reiterating that I was out of the country 10 of the 14 days, the camera was never opened, it was 48 hours past the 14 days, could he please make an exception. He said No that my receipt was a contract and that he would not breach the contract. I was appalled and said that I had never heard of a 14 day return policy and that Amazon was 30 days. He suggested I send the Best Buy camera back to Amazon. I again was appalled... I asked to speak to the store manager. He said he was the store manager. I asked to speak to his manager and he said he was in charge. I asked if he was the CEO of Best Buy because this issue will not stop until i was there. I was then handed the business card of his boss by the initial person at the counter. I asked when she would be available and he said she was due in the store in an hour. When I got to my vehicle I caller her mobile and sent her an e-mail to please call. Later that evening just before the store closed she returned my call. After 15 minutes of going thru the situation and around in circles the answer was no refund. I asked if she thought it was a good business practice to upset a customer so much that they would never set foot in their store again and make sure the story of their practices was shared everywhere over a $245 camera. She did not answer that question and stuck to the company policy mantra. I then asked for the contact information of her manager and was given the name of a person in Grand Rapids, Mi. Ultimately Best Buy never provided a refund for the camera and after much wasted time and frustration I gave up. I do not care if Best Buy is the only source for electronics in the world they will never see a cent of my money again! Sean Kelly

My favorite part of this complaint is that the original plan was to return the Amazon camera. Figuring shipping and processing costs that the seller would have to eat, his plan was to rip the Amazon seller off and he is now complaining that he got ripped off instead. That's karma for you!!!

John N

Simon is correct. Rules are rules. Please follow them

It's simple. Best Buy has a 14 day return policy on electronics.

This is stated on a huge sign in customer service as well as the back of your receipt. You were 2 days beyond that so you were rightly denied a refund.

I'm not sure how you think Best Buy is responsible for your ignorance. Stop being a whiney diva and realize that you are the one to blame here.

Best Buy Customer Care
I filed a complaint against Best Buy with the Better Business Bureau this morning. I'm really upset and will not be shopping with the company again. I purchased a Blackberry Playbook Tablet online on Thursday November 24, 2011. The Tablet was listed for $199. There...

My experience is EXACTLY the same complete with the hours online with rude and dismissive customer service (and I use that term loosely). I was purchasing this item for my autistic son's Christmas.

I was going to buy the Dell tablet but got duped by Best Buy into ordering this one. I missed out on all the Black Friday sales and now have NO idea what I should do next.

I will let you know if I figure anything out. Take care!

Loss
This is the letter I sent Best Buy today. Some personal info was deleted. November 2, 2011 To Whom It May Concern: My name is Brittany. My order number is BBY01-. 2 months ago, I made the mistake of ordering an LG washer/dryer unit on your company's website...

Similar thing happened to us in Dec. 2013 regarding an electronic item ordered on BestBuy.com. The Home Delivery co actually avoids getting a bad mark on their record by noting it as a refusal.

They delivered our item to another home. They went back and brought it to us, but told us the other customer had already had it out and put it together. We called the manager, Tony, who said, ok so you are refusing service? We said we want what we ordered, a new tv, not one that has been in someone's house that we have no guarantee as to what happened with it. Tony told us we had to call customer service and re-order. Customer service said they could only tell us the refund policy, and they don't handle online stuff so there is nothing they can do. We would be refunded and lose the sale price we got on the tv when re-ordering.

The Home Delivery Co knows exactly what they are doing to protect their mistakes. Figuring out how to get the right managers at Best Buy to take note is where the problem lies.

Loss

Best Buy, hope you go bankrupt!

When I have been buying all the new music and DVD releases every Tuesday for the past 3 years they were always located in New Releases. For the past 3 weeks none of the new releases have been in that section. I have to hunt around for them and for all the new music Best Buy no longer thinks is important and does not choose to have as inventory, I order from Amazon. When I pointed this out the store manager promptly brushed me off to an associate. Good going! Way to take care of a problem! Thats why your new release section has stuff sitting in it from 4 months ago and about 50% of the new releases never make it to that section. Good marketing plan! Im glad to hear you dont trust your staff to actually stock that section as its an outside company that does it and you have no control over them? They do such an outstanding job, and thats why there are empty shelves in about a third of that section. I will take my 50+ dollars I spend weekly there and transfer my shopping to Amazon from now on as I have to shop there routinely anyway because Best Buy cant carry all that music in their store. Oh and that means my DVD sales, X Box, Stereo, TV and Speakers I purchased have been transferred to Amazon accounts as well! I hope you go broke!!! Sincerely ticked off at management in Fort Worth. Specifically Bryant Irvin if anyone even cares LOL!

Actually, it's quite amazing how *** people are. I've worked in retail for years, and people buy sh1t they know nothing about and ask dumb questions.

And even if you answer their questions, they still have no idea what they are doing.

And I would like to see you go into another retailer (i.e wal mart or target) and see if they can help you figure it out. Good Luck!

Yes, because noone will ever be able to figure out how to operate something without a Best Buy employee to tell them...

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

Customer service there is the worst, but I always found their sales associates helpful. Prices are no longer competitive since Circuit City went out of business.

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

yeah lets all hope they go bankrupt, this way thousands of people all across the country and the world loose jobs. keep buying your *** online, but make sure you never need a lesson on how to operate it. because, we best buy employees are not here to instruct you.

Tasha - The amount of money spent has nothing to do with this customers experience. I'm an employee of BestBuy and can say first hand that the third party company ''responsible'' for organizing and displaying the media routinely causes customers to simply leave. If all you look at is a money sign above everyone's heads and more importantly, treat them as such, you'll soon realize that not only do you lose their hard earned money which affords me a job, you allow one unhappy customer to encourage anyone they know to follow suit and avoid being treated the same way.

The sad thing is that I am a best buy silver premier member which means i at least spend 2500 dollars a year there. Thats easy for me. i spend on average 30000 dollars a year there. However last week i went into a store and my buddy was with me. I was over looking at the Dyson's in a completely different section. I grab the dyson fan and go to pay for it. As we are walking out the store, i get stopped and they take me and my friend to the side. They come up to me and say "what do you think your doing". Im like, "excuse me?" They say "you heard me". I tell them that i dont know what theyre talking about and they take me in the camera room and sit me down. At this point im thinking whats going on. Turns out my friend tried to sneak an invisible shield for his phone, but then decided to leave it on a shelf. So the resolution was to kick us both out the store when i was two aisles down from him getting the dyson fan.

Next day i call Best buy and try to come to a resolution and they take my rewards membership number and sincerely apologize to me and tell me that i can go to any store I want. So i go back to the store a few days later to get a new tv and im stopped at the door and told im not allowed in. I laugh and walk away. They ask me what i thought was funny and i told them, "you know that i spend a third of my paycheck with this company and your about to blow that out the window. Ill take my business to a local company." They told me to go right ahead.

Next day once again i call best buy and tell them to close out my membership and keep my rewards checks because i will never do business with them again and they ask why and i tell them. They say they will call me back in 15 minutes.

15 minutes later i get a call from best buy, the actual store asking me to stop in. So I do. The manager that kicked us out of there was in the room and explains to me that it was an immature thing for me to do and that i should have stopped him from doing what he did. Only problem is that i didnt know he was trying to steal.

Anyway the result comes that manager got fired from corporate for doing what he did and i got my tv for 30 percent off.

Sometimes Best buy will take care of you. I guess it all depends how much you spend there. So all of you that are making complaints, your voice does make a difference. You cant keep it local, take your concerns up to corporate.

I actually worked at one of the St. Louis stores for the holidays.

They said they based there pay on experience. I've managed a sales floor at a different company and all they offered me was 9 bucks an hour with no commision....WTF!!! I couldn't seem to get a manager to even help me with my direct deposit. I couldn't ring anybody out for three weeks before they finally set me up.

I'm still trying to figure out how they did my taxes because I never seen any tax forms in the pre-employment stage. I took the job because I needed it and aquired customers who only wanted to buy from me but I didn't get hired full time?! I guess I see y they are in serious trouble.

I've been on the inside and ill tell you....SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! I DIDN'T EVEN USE MY DISCOUNT CUS I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE THEM BACK ANY OF MY MONEY.

Who is TASHA? I have observed many negative experiences consumers have with retailers and vent their frustrations right here.

Along comes TASHA who seems to devalue almost everyone on this blog. I took the liberty and copied all of Tasha's interactions with people and let a colleaque who is a practicing MD decipher TASHA 's psyche

When a business decides to change the way they do business, it's normally to attract more customers.

In this case, it appears they decided to change the way they do business because (choose one):

A. Corporate managers don't care about their customers because they're the only game in town.

B. Poor management at that specific store - but not necessarily others.

C. Poor performance of a contractor who may be having management or money problems, and may be about to go out of business (likely for a business dealing with CDs which have been crushed by online sales).

D. Cost cutting that leads to stress on employees, which is apparent in the way they interact with management and customers (few of us could take that kind of pressure well).

E. All of the above.

In any event when a business changes the way they do things, it's often a sign that things aren't going well in the area they just changed, or with the company as a whole.

It would be nice to think that businesses have a "Manager of Customer Happiness," but having shopped in a Best Buy a time or two it seems like Best Buy doesn't. I haven't been in one or a WalMart or Target for many years - I buy all my stuff off Amazon.

I wouldn't say that Circuit City or Comp USA was any better, so it may just be a culture of the business. I was in a Fry's twice, and it was apparent they don't think much of their customers.

Radio Shack is an example of a company who has so far survived even though they have completely changed their business model. I haven't been in one for years, but I think they mainly sell cell phones now.

Amazon may have a similar culture, but I guess I never notice it since I've never spoken to an Amazon employee. I can only imagine Amazon's customer service employees are in some third world country, having never used or seen anything I would buy from Amazon, and talking to them would be worse than at any of the now bankrupt electronics retailers.

A particularly bad sign is a retailer that knowingly takes money and promises to ship stuff (online) that they don't have, and that they know they won't have. AND they do that knowing it's a gift for an upcoming holiday - which will now be giftless for many people.

I'd say that's the sign of a company about to go bankrupt. Their overhead is so high for each store that it's unlikely they could pull off changing their business model, like Radio Shack did (so far).

A good percentage of Best Buy online sales take sales away from their brick and mortar stores - a problem that a web based business like Amazon just doesn't have.

All in all, it doesn't look good for Best Buy. You're just observing the death-throws

of a huge dinosaur. Other similar species are already extinct.

This isn't a good thing for consumers, who will have little or no choice for shopping locally. Unless an entrepreneur picks up the pieces with a new business model?

It might mean that Radio Shack could be back in the consumer electronics business some time soon?

View more comments (17)

Best Buy (Worst Buy) Horrible Customer Service

After being in customer care (20+ years , rep, supervisor, trainer, director) Best (Worst) Buy proved over the last 2 days that the author of the book "Your Call is Not that Important to Us" was right. The call center in KY with there assistant to the supervisors like Chris, Cindy (she was the worst) and Theresa the supposed Consumer Relations person that put me on hold for over 30 minutes and then I'm transferred back to call center in KY. All I can say is Best Buy (Worst) has the most horrific after the buy service in the world.
#320965

What a dumb comment by Simon.

The complaint was written on a website called pissedconsumer.

WTF are you doing reading it then?

He should stf. lol.

Your just mad because you know that you do not have the power to hurt their market share. They don't care if they loose you as a customer because when 1 customer leaves many others join.

If you were really in the customer service field for 20+ years you would know that corporations do not care about customers service. It's all about giving insincere apologizes and lets help the next customer because we have tons

What a dumb complaint.