Stealing or a Phenomenon? | Best Buy in Ocoee, Florida

I took a 19" TV to the Geek Squad team at Best Buy (Ocoee, FL location). Long story short, they've called me in to get a new item and when I went to pick up a new TV they simply stated that it was already picked up. No receipt with signature to prove anything and I was the only person that new that the TV was there. So who do you think has gotten my TV? They copy the credit card info in a new receipt claiming that someone already took the replaced item. What a "joke" uh? nice try Best Buy staff, I hope you have a successful story next time, because you haven't got any trying to fool me. Thumb up for the lack of integrity on Best Buy' staff...

I hate going to the Ocoee Best Buy. I always try to avoid that place and the Manager Ciara or however you spell is real rude.

I paid cash for 4 feet charger&sink set.$14.-.When i try to return it they would not give me back my money even the package was steel not open, unless I give them my driver licence. After I'did they scan it with out asking.

I don't know where did my driver licence info went or if is in safe place .That should be illegal. I'm sure if I was illegal emigrant with no ID they would thing twice about not returning my money for sake of discrimination.

They do not warn you before one pay for the buy.Make my story short after numerous big buys in previous years- laptops, desktops, camera, printers,ink and many more items for my wife business, I'm sure this was my lost buy in this place. Period!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
  • Eletronics
I have a best buy card for several years now, I recently moved and hadn't changed my address yet. They must have sent me some sort of document, but it was sent back. Instead of making an attempt to call me they closed my account!!! I made my payment last month and...

This card is run by Citi and Citi sucks, I hope that bank burns to the ground.

View more comments
Best Buy Credit Card

Changed terms of credit card without notifying the consumer. | Best Buy in Boston, Massachusetts

I was told in the store that I would be able to pay back my credit card using my debit card. They changed this policy and will only accept checking account numbers. This means that I cannot pay my bill without starting a checking account. My debit card is connected to a savings account (Don't ask how. I know its a savings account because when I tried to use the account number to pay, it declined it.) I can't pay my bill, and their only solution was for me to go to the store and pay with cash. The store is 2 hours from my house. To top it all off, I have ordered 3 credit cards that never arrived. The bill arrives, but the card does not. I am returning the computer and getting my money back today. I can't deal with this shoddy company anymore.
MattD78

If you ask any store employee form any retail chain "Can I pay by debit card?" and they reply yes I guarantee close to 100% will be thinking you are talking about a checking debit card not a savings debit card so they didn't change anything. Also, while you do need a checking account, if you had bothered to look on Best Buy's website you would see you can also pay by mail or by phone and not have to drive 2 hours.

Best Buy Credit Card
HI i recently purchased a radio controlled helicopter for $20.00 from BestBuy on my Bestbuy credit card and never received a statement for the purchase so I wrote a check to best buy for $20.30 The amount that was due according to my account balance online and a month...

I had the same issue. Spent $80 for a router.

Took a store credit card, which I never do, to save $20. Paid off my account and tucked the credit card in a drawer. Thought that was that. Wound up with late charges totaling $56.

When I called to inquire, I was connected with a "collections" person - so no help there.

Bent over, paid the fees, closed the account and will NEVER shop at Best Buy again. Shame on me for falling for the store Credit Card.

View more comments
Loss

Rewards program at Best buy is a Joke!

I am a gadget freak! Love the best news gadgets. Well with that comes many purchases of big ticket items. Best buy clams that they reward you for all you purchases you do with them. Wow what a joke!!!! I have bought almost $5000 with them and have yet to get one point earned in that scam they call a rewards program. I have called the '' customer service'' center and all they tell me is they have no record of my purchases. Funny I use there credit card to buy from them and they always have a record in order to send the bill to me. This program is either a scam or is so poorly ran it make the government health care web site look great!!!!!!!

I 100% agree with you. Their program is a joke.

Customer service | Best Buy in Louisville, Kentucky

Purchased laptop from best buy online and was not working right so took it in the store and was going to get another one. They had none so I told cashier I would just keep the item and not listening to what I said she returned item anyway. Not only returned the item,but she put the money back on someone elses credit card. Said nothing they could do. Said I had to call my bank. Hello wasn't even refunded to my card. So someone out thete has 264.00 on the credit card.cause I don't have it. Even manager woulnt talk to me.

Did the employee scan someone else's receipt? That's the only possible way that could have happened.

Even then, the other person's receipt would have to have the exact same SKU listed.

Their system won't allow it any other way. Something doesn't sound right about your complaint.

wonder who got the credit THE EMPLOYEE! send a copy of the receipt to your credit card company they can straighten in out PUT THE CHARGES IN DISPUTE!! fraud this is

On Line Orders for Best Buy Not Correct

I've done 2 on line orders with your "company". I have to say both have been bad experiences. First - Bought an on line Toshiba satellite laptop on line and arranged on line to have it shipped to my local store. After completing the order, it showed the store pick up was a store 3 hours away. I picked my local store in Charleston WV and it diverted the order to Christiansburg VA. I called to fix the problem. I was promptly transferred to a dead end. Called back and finally got a helpful person who tried to change order to may local store. It also changed his option to Christiansburg VA so he changed the order to ship to my office address. Next day checked my credit card was charged $20.00 more than what I agreed to pay. I called AGAIN and got a credit to my credit card, but not for the tax that was charged for the $20.00. Finally said screw it. This Monday 12/02/13 I ordered an IPod Touch for my son's birthday party on 12/08/13. I paid for expedited shipping and was assured this would be here no later than Thursday 12/05/13. Best Buy sent an e-mail to me on Tuesday 12/03/13 saying item was "shipped". I checked the tracking number through the UPS site and guess what? Here's what the UPS site is showing the status of the order -A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated. The order is not shipped. It's sitting in one of your warehouses somewhere as of today 12/04/13.
Best Buy Credit Card

Bestbuy uses marketplace venders on it's website. | Best Buy in Newburgh, New York

I ordered a dryer, pedestal & trash compactor from the Bestbuy website using Bestbuys credit card. The dryer & pedestal arrived without incident, but was told the trash compactor came from a marketplace vender (unbeatable sales-NJ) and they had no control over this disreputable co. (Even ebay gets involved with it's venders) This Co did not deliver my trash compactor. Never saw it, never opened the box & it never came near my house for several weeks. I canceled this order for a $830 trash compactor and they charged me a couple hundred dollars 'restocking' fee for an un-opened, never delivered sm appliance and a shipping fee for which item was never shipped. 'Unbeatable Sales' (& Bestbuy for sponsering them) are as disreputable co's as you can imagine. They demanded more then half the purchase price ($430) for an item they never delivered. Be very wary of both companies.

Do not use Best Buy market place third party vendors, if you cannot get it from the store beware !!!

Fireball, one of their vendors can never be reached and has horrible customer service. Fireball does not answer their phones, you have to leave a message and no one returns

your call and they do not repond to your e-mails. Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

So write a review about the company selling the disposal system, not about the place you yourself understand didn't and wasn't going to deliver it. Or submit a claim with your postal service carrier stating that you didn't get the thing. It's not your fault!

Money hungry | Best Buy

when you receive your credit card interest free for 36 months and in that time frame you have a balance they will go back to day 1 and charge you high interest. Be aware of that. They will lie and pass the buck down the line when tring to ask for help. I told them right before I finally paid my balance in full they have lost many more customers and I did not trust nothing they would say. I made sure it was all recorded.This company will go down to nothing with all the people they have done wrong
Sarahmarie

Not sure what the problem is. What you describe is how interest free financing works at all companies.

It's called deferred interest. You pay in time and you don't have to pay the interest that accrued during the payment period, however you don't pay the balance off in time it all becomes due.

Very rarely will you ever see zero percent interest promos where there's zero percent interest charged for a period of time followed by it going to a normal interest rate.

Best buy the showroom for NEWEGG AND AMAZON. Not even a good show room. They push JUNK and hope are clueless.

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop from the Best Buy in Lafayette, La. years ago in the similar no interest plan (18 months I think).

At the time online payment was very rare and new. I was paying the minimum payment via mail for 5 months and then noticed that there was a ridiculous interest fee tagged on to the bill. When I called about the billing question, I remember I was talking to a 'I don't care' type of a person. She explained that their records show that our last payment was not received on time.

I explained that our payment was sent 2 weeks before the due date and also requested the copy of the postage stamp of the envelope for proof of date from USPS. She said nope and that's the reason why the interest rate, starting on the purchased date, had been tagged to the bill. No way to prove the received date of the bill paid, I sent the payment for the remaining balance the next day. I've even wrote a letter to the Best Buy corporate office and I actually got a reply back but only to read that 'they understand that it was an unfortunate incident, but there's nothing that they can do'.

Ever since then, I would buy items elsewhere whenever I could. Now I don't buy from Best Buy because of numerous other online stores to shop from.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Credit Card

Best buy thinks it has authoraztion to my credit card

I have never bought anything on my credit card from Best Buy. I did however, make a purchase over 2 years ago,which was on 90 days. I had a charge of $43.69 unauotherized on my credit card.. I called and I waited for 1 hour on the phone,and I explained that there was I charge on my bill I didnt know what for. I had NOT bought anything from there in over 2 years. They checked the records and they said I paid it last year also. They explained they could not refund the one from last year, it had been too long!but they would this time. I didnt think if you rob a bank and its over a year, you dont have to pay restitution? Thats Stealing fom the customers! I want my money refunded $87.38 plus interest and my Credit number removed from BestBuy!!!! I dont know how they have my number anyway! I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THERE AGAIN.

you DID authorize it - 2 years ago. when you signed up for that service you gave your authorization to debit automatically for a renewal.

it's not best buy's problem that you can't remember. why didn't you keep track of your own finances? you didn't take personal responbility. you must read terms and conditions - just don't click "i agree" when two years later you clearly don't agree.

it's your own fault. stop blaming others for your failure to remember or take personal responsibility on terms and conditions.

You can honestly expect a full refund in that case.. When your calling over the phone and say that a purchase you made a year ago didnt happen, how do they know your telling the truth?

If they did just flat out gave you your money everyone would be calling in doing that. Besides normally this issue would have to be done through your bank as ive gotten my card stolen and purchases were made that i didnt do and never once thought to call the company that it was made at.

At this point your out of luck though cause a year is a long time and a lot of variables can happen. Sorry to say but even if you called the police they couldnt do anything about it because it is your responsibility to keep track of your finances on a monthly basis.

Tags