Product: Best Buy Credit Card Clear all filters (57 of 57 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
I have been a Best Buy Customer for 17 years. They were my first credit card, where I bought my first TV, where I shop every Christmas for electronics. After today, I will no longer be a Best Buy customer. On August 30, 2011, I purchased a Flat panel television and a...

A complaint about a store not accepting a return outside of their return policy is not a valid complaint. Case closed.

View more comments

Best Buy Geek Squad Experience

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to complain about the poor service and very bad attitude as well as lack of customer service performance of the Geek Squad personnel at the Best Buy Golf Mill Store located at 9530 Greenwood, Niles, IL. Three weeks ago I had taken my computer which I had purchased at Best Buy originally to the Geek Squad for advise and was told to absolutely get it repaired because it was a top of the line computer and not buy a new one as I intended. After the lack of communication on their part on what the operating disk for the computer was and several useless trips where individuals did not know what the operating disk was, I was advised to contact HP for a operating disk copy. Unfortunately, when I contacted HP, I was told the real truth that the computer was obsolete and that an operating disk was not available contrary to the Geek Squad guy (as indicated earlier) who originally took my order and said I should absolutely not buy a new computer and that my computer was top of the line. Unfortunately, this individual's remarks resulted in my repairing rather than buying a computer and reminded me of going to the service area at your local gas station in the old days and being ripped up for service costs rather than being at the reputable Best Buy Store that I was accustomed to in the past. As a result of this misleading information, I spent over $500 on repairs and software which I did not ultimately desire had I know that the computer was obsolete and would have bought a new computer with those funds. To make things worst, the Geek Squad guys configured my memory wrong where I now had 250 gigs rather than 500 gigs as well as not updating the computer with the printer disk and back-up disk. When, I took my computer back this Friday to get this corrected and load my printer disk and back-up disk (which the Geek Squad guys had also conveniently forgot to do despite me asking them to do originally as indicated), it was discovered that the mother board had gone bad and that I would have to spend another $300 to fix. Please note that the computer was working fine and powering up before I brought it to the store ironically enough. Needless to say, I have decided to throw out the computer and take the loss of $500 spent originally. When I asked Dan, the last kid (and I mean kid) who helped me at the store if he could give me a credit for past services considering my experience and loyalty to Best Buy, he coldly said he could not help me . Dan seemed like a cold fish with not even an apology for the lack of poor service and advise. Ultimately, I will never use your service again nor shop at Best Buy in the future due to this experience despite the fact that I have been a loyal customer of your store for the past 20 years spending probably over $50,000 plus as evidenced by my Best Buy Silver Premium Card and wife Selma's Best Buy Card. Best Dzafer Kulenovic

It's obvious you don't have clue about computers. You computer doesn't have 250G or 500G of memory , your hard drive probably has 250 or 500G of space.

Before you judge make sure you know what your are talking about. Not to say Geek Squad knows what they are doing either.

As Robert said go to real Computer Tech and stop your ***! :x

You go to geek squad for help because you obviously don't know about computers so what makes you think you fully understand what a manufacturer is telling you. Also, there's thousands of other customers who spend more than you, at every store. Losing one (you) comes at no loss.

What did you really expect with a name like "Geek Squad"? Go to a real Computer Technician and get real, quality service.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy in Palm Springs, California - Refused to honor credit card for $.27 over limit.

went to Best buy to purchase GPS unit(Magellan 5045LM). credit card refused for $.27 overage! of course I did not purchase the $152.27 item. with customer service? like this you will soon go the route of Circuit CITY et al! and furthermore I found identical unit online for $10 cheaper. I think you know what you can do with your credit card. I have never missed or been late with payment,yet I am restricted to $150 limit. but this is ok. other retailers have identical items at competative cash prices. online retailers have much better prices and offer home delivery.

I don't have a job and don't like to work. Best Buy wouldnt take my Bridge card to let me buy an Xbox and stereo so I can lay around all day and play video games and eat cheetos while productive people are working.

This is all the company's fault! Sue them!

You just said you were OVER THE LIMIT!!!! LIMIT = the MAXIMUM you are able to finance.

pov9596

That isn't Best Buy's fault if you can't afford the item. I agree with Simon.

You are such a *** retard.

Maybe you can stop being such a degenerate and wait until you can pay for things before you buy them.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Credit Card
I applied for and recieved a generous amount of credit from best buy beginning of 2009. paid it off within 6-8months havent used the card since because if i have cash i prefer to use that. i went to make a credit purchase today and my card was denied because they...

A lot of retail Credit Card companies close inactive cards. HSBC, GE Capital, Chase, etc.

The reason they do that is so they can have up to date information, and have you sign the new terms of the card.

National retails DO NOT do their own credit, they just brand them. So the retails have NOTHING to do with credit card policy.

This Guy is correct, HSBC is a terrible company!

View more comments
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy Stores - can't pay your credit cards there!

It's ridiculous that you cannot pay your Best Buy credit card bill at the store. I have a Best Buy store 1/4 of a mile away and I can't go there to pay the bill, which takes 5-7 days to mail. I usually do all of my billing electronically, but if I don't give myself 7 days - it's late. Then, I called the customer service number and was on hold for 15 minutes to tell me they can take my payment over the phone but there's a $15.00 fee. Late fee. SUCKS!!!

hey, it is best buys fault. i know home depot credit cards are managed by citibank usa and they take payment in store, best buy just doesnt want to invest in easier customer service.

The poster is right the rest of you guys are being idiots. If best buy is the one offereing the card (who cares who its through) they should be able to accept payment in store it only makes sense.

For whatever reason such as internet breaking down, emergency that puts your mind away from mailing bills etc.

you should be able to go into a store and pay face to face, the internet is a convenience but heck we should be able to still pay face to face. But hey one day if are legs evolve off thatll look pretty neat :roll

Tom
@T

#1...you can call and make a payment over the phone, same day.

#2...you were made aware of all the rules when you applied for the card (by law).

#3...you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions.

#4...as of late, Best Buy does allow payments to be made in the store, by cash or check only. :roll

They clearly tell you that you cant make a payment in the store. Its not best buys fault that you wait to make your payments late.

They send the bill ahead of time so you have time to make your payment. Dont blame others for your inability to pay your bills.

i remember in the old days when i had to walk in the snow, 10 miles uphill, both ways to pay my bill on me horse and buggy. it took me two days to get there, and three to get back because i wold stop at ole bill jones tavern, and the hangover cost me a day.

that was when we used rocks to make calculations, and we called turnips "rocks"!

we didn't have belts, we used a piece of rope to hang me belt up!

you young uns have it easy with your inter nets!

Hey, Pissed711, you know what's even closer to your house than the Best Buy that is 1/4 of a mile away? It's called your computer!

I would guess that it's so close to your house, it's IN your house. And no, it does not take 7 days for a payment to go through on their website. If it does take 7 days, that's your *** bank, not Best Buy, so take it up with them.

A payment usually posts to your account within 1 business day.

And take it up with HSBC if you are upset about Best Buy not taking payments in the store. They are the credit company that actually handles the cards, and that is why payments cannot be taken by Best Buy.

You obviously know it takes seven days for the mail to run, so why not just send it sooner like everyone else does? At this point you know you have waited too long to pay your bill on-time, and now you're pissed about having to pay a late fee (which you agreed to) AND having to wait on the phone to pay it?

GROW UP!

View more comments (6)

Best Buy in Greensboro, North Carolina - Lowering Credit Card Limits

I went to the store in Winston Salem, NC to purchase a $34 dvd and was told at checkout that my Best Buy card has been declined! I had a $2200 limit and over $600 available credit, so I immediately called their toll free number and was advised that my credit limit had been lowered and I had an available credit of $9! I have had this account for over two years, always paid double the amount of the minimum amount due and have an excellent history with them, which the customer service rep on the phone verified. They are lowering limits to just above what is owed on the charge cards and I find this outrageous....I have closed my account with Best Buy and recommend you do the same. The do not value their good customers and do not care if they are damaging your FICO score, so I may as well close the account and shop somewhere else.

If you have bad credit on any other credit or even mortgage accounts, they will lower your credit limit. It's not their fault you have bad credit.

Household runs the credit accounts not Best Buy read your bills right broke@$$.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Best Buy in Orlando, Florida - The worst cust. service and interests. BEWARE!

Best Buy does suck. HSBC is the bank they deal with to run their credit card. Not only are their interest super high, they have VERY FEW options for paying the bill. They NEVER work holidays , so even when I was trying to make and on time payment ONLINE it was late! As a result of that, the interest would skyrocket as well as LATE FEES which are ridiculously high as well. They also take way too long to take the payment out of your bank account, resulting in the person forgetting about that payment! Not to mention the annoying aspect of their non-english-speaking costumer service dept. SUCKS!

when i first opended an best buy account,i made it clear that my payments would be on the first or second of the month.

come to find out they have been charging me $35.00 a month on late fees.

my minimum payment is 40.00 a month.i pay 150.oo. a month,so i can pay of this account faster.yet i'am late on my payments.even though.i have not missed on payment.i am late.35.00 a momth.

in late charges. what a ripoff.