Rewards card a scam | Best Buy in Lakewood, Colorado

They 'applied' for a Best Buy credit card for me but failed to tell me they simply signed me up for a new Master Card. This has given me nothing but grief. Please don't let them talk you into doing the same thing. You'll never believe all the red tape problems you will encounter. I will not shop at Best Buy any longer as I believe they'll do anything to get more of our money. They are a company without integrity. You are warned now so you have no excuse if you get scammed by this company as I was.

Umm I have to agree with EVERYONE here. When you sign up for a credit card you usually know!

Best buy credit card is through MasterCard!!! What were you expecting? I'm sorry but if you're that *** its your fault, not Best Buys!

You wanted a credit card, so what's the problem? You can use it anywhere, not just Best Buy and I bet one day you will be happy you have it!

You signed your name stating you understood what you were applying for? Amazing. :roll

Patrick

so you're telling me that you thought Best Buy had a credit card business too? if you haven't noticed, store credit cards typically go through a company like Visa or Mastercard.

I mean it's still a credit card. I just don't understand why you didn't bother getting any extra information or read any information at the store first.

So that whole application that you filled out and signed that specifically states you are signing up for a credit card wasn't enough warning for you?

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy did not keep promises and lied to me mutiple times.

I ordered (Order number BBY01-443441001190) a ITUNES gift card(Digital Delivery) and pre order MLB 12 The Show for Playstation 3 on 2-15-12 around 830am from Best Buy online. It stated on the website that I would receive an email in 15 minutes for the itunes gift card instructions and verification code. I sent it to my girlfriends email address with no success 8 hours later. At 3pm EST I contacted Best Buy customer service. Well after being transferred 4 or 5 times I finally talked to Bonnie in the gift card dept. and she stated that my girlfriends email address is not valid (which I don't understand due to me being able to send her emails with no problem). I then asked it to be modified to my email address and she was able to do that. She then stated I will receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. 30 minutes went and passed and still no email. I then contacted Best Buy back and spoke to John. John stated that the information Bonnie gave me was incorrect and that it takes 24 hours to receive such email. He then opened Case number 965-86-6001 for the issue and he stated that due to my troubles he would issue a 15 dollar credit on the Itunes purchase. He then PROMISED me that the email will be there within 24 hours. Well the next day no email after the 24 hour period. I then called three times and attempted to speak to someone in customer service. I received a prerecorded message that stated they were having large call volume and to try my call later and then the phone disconnected. I finally got through on the third time and spoke to Lorneeshia (Not sure on the spelling of that name) and she stated that she was unsure why I did not receive the email yet. I explained to her that I was upset and not too happy with service provided. I then requested to speak to her supervisor. She placed me in contact with customer service supervisor Shelley. She apologized for all the problems I was having and then PROMISED me that I would receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. She also stated that I will receive a 20 dollar gift card in the mail. Well again 30 minutes came and went with still no email. I then attempted to contact customer service again and it took me 3 times again to reach someone. I spoke to a customer service agent and asked for a Shelley who is a customer service supervisor within the company. I talked to multiple people several times and they all stated they knew no one by that name. Therefore I believe I was given a false name by this said supervisor because the customer service person I was speaking with stated that the last person to post a update to my order was by the name of Pamela and not Shelley. I then asked to speak to the customer service supervisor at that time. I then spoke with Anqelique who stated that she was sorry for my problems. I then explained to her that a apology will not do due to the hassle I have went through. I then requested to cancel the order which Angelique stated "No I can't do that." I then told her that I will no longer do business with Best Buy and will go to Hhgregg for all my future electronic needs. I will never step foot inside of a Best Buy store or go on their website ever again. I then waited 20 minutes and I called back and attempted to cancel my order again. That is when I spoke to some rude customer service rep who wouldn't even state his name assist me. He stated that the whole order was cancelled so I thought everything was ok. Well when I received the cancellation email from Best Buy they stated that they just cancelled MLB 12 The Show Video Game and not the Itunes gift card. I then attempted to call the customer service dept several times with no success on getting this resolved. I am tired of being lied to by Best Buy. I will be sure to tell as many people as I can about this experience. Best Buy ruined my Valentines day experience and I will NEVER do business with them again.

Gift Card Department? I have never heard of any store including Best Buy having a gift card dept.

Also, I'm with the person who said video game and iTunes gift card? Maybe you should have not been so lazy and went into the store to purchase. Don't worry.

Losing your petty business isn't even a drop in the bucket. Thanks for doing my business a favor.

jeremy03ff

FYI they were valid email addresses

So a video game and a super low budget itunes card were your "valentines day experience" and not having them immediately ruined it for you? Why wouldn't you just order them beforehand if it was do precious???? Id10t.

It's not their fault you gave them bad email addresses.

View more comments (2)

Did not deliver what I paid for | Best Buy in Saint Louis, Missouri

Ordered 3 phones online. When delivered, only 2 phones were in the box. Best Buy opened a "case" to investigate. Two weeks later, UPS calls me to invetigate what Best Buy is talking about. I told UPS what I told Best Buy, only 2 phones in the box, invoice says 3. Now BB won't send 3rd. It has been 2 weeks since UPS called, approaching 6 weeks since I bought the phones. I e-mail Best Buy Customer Service, no reply (I referenced the Case #). Today I called Best Buy Customer service twice and received the "...due to high call volume, we are experiencing delays..." and then was hung up on. I already paid my credit card or I would have suspended payment. Very ticked off. I have bought $10,000 worth of electronics over the eyars from Best Buy. Now I will never set foot in their store on pull up their website again. So pissed, I am telling anybody at work who will listen my story and not to buy stuff from Best Buy or get ripped off.
Best Buy Credit Card
They cheat when you apply for their credit card. They have two types of cards: 1.) Best Buy reward Zone Card: This card is of no use since you cannot use it anywhere else except Best Buy. 2.) BEST BUY REWARD ZONE MASTER CARD: This card is a normal Master Card...

The bank decides what card to give you not bestbuy. There are two applications one with both and one just for the master card.

It's harder to get just a master card so most of the time they use the one with both. Because most people apply so they can buy something lik a mac or new tv.

Best Buy Credit Card
I was *** enough to agree on getting Best Buy credit card and buy product which was on special finance discount. *** part was not reading 100 pages of agreement. I know they have right for anything I agree with but understanding 100 pages of agreement is really non...

You obviously are not smart enough to have a credit card.

Loss
I have been a Best Buy Customer for 17 years. They were my first credit card, where I bought my first TV, where I shop every Christmas for electronics. After today, I will no longer be a Best Buy customer. On August 30, 2011, I purchased a Flat panel television and a...

A complaint about a store not accepting a return outside of their return policy is not a valid complaint. Case closed.

Best Buy Geek Squad Experience

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to complain about the poor service and very bad attitude as well as lack of customer service performance of the Geek Squad personnel at the Best Buy Golf Mill Store located at 9530 Greenwood, Niles, IL. Three weeks ago I had taken my computer which I had purchased at Best Buy originally to the Geek Squad for advise and was told to absolutely get it repaired because it was a top of the line computer and not buy a new one as I intended. After the lack of communication on their part on what the operating disk for the computer was and several useless trips where individuals did not know what the operating disk was, I was advised to contact HP for a operating disk copy. Unfortunately, when I contacted HP, I was told the real truth that the computer was obsolete and that an operating disk was not available contrary to the Geek Squad guy (as indicated earlier) who originally took my order and said I should absolutely not buy a new computer and that my computer was top of the line. Unfortunately, this individual's remarks resulted in my repairing rather than buying a computer and reminded me of going to the service area at your local gas station in the old days and being ripped up for service costs rather than being at the reputable Best Buy Store that I was accustomed to in the past. As a result of this misleading information, I spent over $500 on repairs and software which I did not ultimately desire had I know that the computer was obsolete and would have bought a new computer with those funds. To make things worst, the Geek Squad guys configured my memory wrong where I now had 250 gigs rather than 500 gigs as well as not updating the computer with the printer disk and back-up disk. When, I took my computer back this Friday to get this corrected and load my printer disk and back-up disk (which the Geek Squad guys had also conveniently forgot to do despite me asking them to do originally as indicated), it was discovered that the mother board had gone bad and that I would have to spend another $300 to fix. Please note that the computer was working fine and powering up before I brought it to the store ironically enough. Needless to say, I have decided to throw out the computer and take the loss of $500 spent originally. When I asked Dan, the last kid (and I mean kid) who helped me at the store if he could give me a credit for past services considering my experience and loyalty to Best Buy, he coldly said he could not help me . Dan seemed like a cold fish with not even an apology for the lack of poor service and advise. Ultimately, I will never use your service again nor shop at Best Buy in the future due to this experience despite the fact that I have been a loyal customer of your store for the past 20 years spending probably over $50,000 plus as evidenced by my Best Buy Silver Premium Card and wife Selma's Best Buy Card. Best Dzafer Kulenovic

It's obvious you don't have clue about computers. You computer doesn't have 250G or 500G of memory , your hard drive probably has 250 or 500G of space.

Before you judge make sure you know what your are talking about. Not to say Geek Squad knows what they are doing either.

As Robert said go to real Computer Tech and stop your ***! :x

You go to geek squad for help because you obviously don't know about computers so what makes you think you fully understand what a manufacturer is telling you. Also, there's thousands of other customers who spend more than you, at every store. Losing one (you) comes at no loss.

What did you really expect with a name like "Geek Squad"? Go to a real Computer Technician and get real, quality service.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Credit Card

Refused to honor credit card for $.27 over limit. | Best Buy in Palm Springs, California

went to Best buy to purchase GPS unit(Magellan 5045LM). credit card refused for $.27 overage! of course I did not purchase the $152.27 item. with customer service? like this you will soon go the route of Circuit CITY et al! and furthermore I found identical unit online for $10 cheaper. I think you know what you can do with your credit card. I have never missed or been late with payment,yet I am restricted to $150 limit. but this is ok. other retailers have identical items at competative cash prices. online retailers have much better prices and offer home delivery.

I don't have a job and don't like to work. Best Buy wouldnt take my Bridge card to let me buy an Xbox and stereo so I can lay around all day and play video games and eat cheetos while productive people are working.

This is all the company's fault! Sue them!

You just said you were OVER THE LIMIT!!!! LIMIT = the MAXIMUM you are able to finance.

pov9596

That isn't Best Buy's fault if you can't afford the item. I agree with Simon.

You are such a *** retard.

Maybe you can stop being such a degenerate and wait until you can pay for things before you buy them.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Credit Card
I applied for and recieved a generous amount of credit from best buy beginning of 2009. paid it off within 6-8months havent used the card since because if i have cash i prefer to use that. i went to make a credit purchase today and my card was denied because they...

A lot of retail Credit Card companies close inactive cards. HSBC, GE Capital, Chase, etc.

The reason they do that is so they can have up to date information, and have you sign the new terms of the card.

National retails DO NOT do their own credit, they just brand them. So the retails have NOTHING to do with credit card policy.

This Guy is correct, HSBC is a terrible company!

Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy Stores - can't pay your credit cards there!

It's ridiculous that you cannot pay your Best Buy credit card bill at the store. I have a Best Buy store 1/4 of a mile away and I can't go there to pay the bill, which takes 5-7 days to mail. I usually do all of my billing electronically, but if I don't give myself 7 days - it's late. Then, I called the customer service number and was on hold for 15 minutes to tell me they can take my payment over the phone but there's a $15.00 fee. Late fee. SUCKS!!!

hey, it is best buys fault. i know home depot credit cards are managed by citibank usa and they take payment in store, best buy just doesnt want to invest in easier customer service.

The poster is right the rest of you guys are being idiots. If best buy is the one offereing the card (who cares who its through) they should be able to accept payment in store it only makes sense.

For whatever reason such as internet breaking down, emergency that puts your mind away from mailing bills etc.

you should be able to go into a store and pay face to face, the internet is a convenience but heck we should be able to still pay face to face. But hey one day if are legs evolve off thatll look pretty neat :roll

Tom
@T

#1...you can call and make a payment over the phone, same day.

#2...you were made aware of all the rules when you applied for the card (by law).

#3...you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions.

#4...as of late, Best Buy does allow payments to be made in the store, by cash or check only. :roll

They clearly tell you that you cant make a payment in the store. Its not best buys fault that you wait to make your payments late.

They send the bill ahead of time so you have time to make your payment. Dont blame others for your inability to pay your bills.

i remember in the old days when i had to walk in the snow, 10 miles uphill, both ways to pay my bill on me horse and buggy. it took me two days to get there, and three to get back because i wold stop at ole bill jones tavern, and the hangover cost me a day.

that was when we used rocks to make calculations, and we called turnips "rocks"!

we didn't have belts, we used a piece of rope to hang me belt up!

you young uns have it easy with your inter nets!

Hey, Pissed711, you know what's even closer to your house than the Best Buy that is 1/4 of a mile away? It's called your computer!

I would guess that it's so close to your house, it's IN your house. And no, it does not take 7 days for a payment to go through on their website. If it does take 7 days, that's your *** bank, not Best Buy, so take it up with them.

A payment usually posts to your account within 1 business day.

And take it up with HSBC if you are upset about Best Buy not taking payments in the store. They are the credit company that actually handles the cards, and that is why payments cannot be taken by Best Buy.

You obviously know it takes seven days for the mail to run, so why not just send it sooner like everyone else does? At this point you know you have waited too long to pay your bill on-time, and now you're pissed about having to pay a late fee (which you agreed to) AND having to wait on the phone to pay it?

GROW UP!