Product: Best Buy Credit Card Clear all filters (57 of 57 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Louisville, Kentucky - Customer service

Purchased laptop from best buy online and was not working right so took it in the store and was going to get another one. They had none so I told cashier I would just keep the item and not listening to what I said she returned item anyway. Not only returned the item,but she put the money back on someone elses credit card. Said nothing they could do. Said I had to call my bank. Hello wasn't even refunded to my card. So someone out thete has 264.00 on the credit card.cause I don't have it. Even manager woulnt talk to me.

Did the employee scan someone else's receipt? That's the only possible way that could have happened.

Even then, the other person's receipt would have to have the exact same SKU listed.

Their system won't allow it any other way. Something doesn't sound right about your complaint.

wonder who got the credit THE EMPLOYEE! send a copy of the receipt to your credit card company they can straighten in out PUT THE CHARGES IN DISPUTE!! fraud this is

On Line Orders for Best Buy Not Correct

I've done 2 on line orders with your "company". I have to say both have been bad experiences. First - Bought an on line Toshiba satellite laptop on line and arranged on line to have it shipped to my local store. After completing the order, it showed the store pick up was a store 3 hours away. I picked my local store in Charleston WV and it diverted the order to Christiansburg VA. I called to fix the problem. I was promptly transferred to a dead end. Called back and finally got a helpful person who tried to change order to may local store. It also changed his option to Christiansburg VA so he changed the order to ship to my office address. Next day checked my credit card was charged $20.00 more than what I agreed to pay. I called AGAIN and got a credit to my credit card, but not for the tax that was charged for the $20.00. Finally said screw it. This Monday 12/02/13 I ordered an IPod Touch for my son's birthday party on 12/08/13. I paid for expedited shipping and was assured this would be here no later than Thursday 12/05/13. Best Buy sent an e-mail to me on Tuesday 12/03/13 saying item was "shipped". I checked the tracking number through the UPS site and guess what? Here's what the UPS site is showing the status of the order -A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated. The order is not shipped. It's sitting in one of your warehouses somewhere as of today 12/04/13.
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy in Newburgh, New York - Bestbuy uses marketplace venders on it's website.

I ordered a dryer, pedestal & trash compactor from the Bestbuy website using Bestbuys credit card. The dryer & pedestal arrived without incident, but was told the trash compactor came from a marketplace vender (unbeatable sales-NJ) and they had no control over this disreputable co. (Even ebay gets involved with it's venders) This Co did not deliver my trash compactor. Never saw it, never opened the box & it never came near my house for several weeks. I canceled this order for a $830 trash compactor and they charged me a couple hundred dollars 'restocking' fee for an un-opened, never delivered sm appliance and a shipping fee for which item was never shipped. 'Unbeatable Sales' (& Bestbuy for sponsering them) are as disreputable co's as you can imagine. They demanded more then half the purchase price ($430) for an item they never delivered. Be very wary of both companies.

Do not use Best Buy market place third party vendors, if you cannot get it from the store beware !!!

Fireball, one of their vendors can never be reached and has horrible customer service. Fireball does not answer their phones, you have to leave a message and no one returns

your call and they do not repond to your e-mails. Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

So write a review about the company selling the disposal system, not about the place you yourself understand didn't and wasn't going to deliver it. Or submit a claim with your postal service carrier stating that you didn't get the thing. It's not your fault!

Best Buy - Money hungry

when you receive your credit card interest free for 36 months and in that time frame you have a balance they will go back to day 1 and charge you high interest. Be aware of that. They will lie and pass the buck down the line when tring to ask for help. I told them right before I finally paid my balance in full they have lost many more customers and I did not trust nothing they would say. I made sure it was all recorded.This company will go down to nothing with all the people they have done wrong
Sarahmarie

Not sure what the problem is. What you describe is how interest free financing works at all companies.

It's called deferred interest. You pay in time and you don't have to pay the interest that accrued during the payment period, however you don't pay the balance off in time it all becomes due.

Very rarely will you ever see zero percent interest promos where there's zero percent interest charged for a period of time followed by it going to a normal interest rate.

Best buy the showroom for NEWEGG AND AMAZON. Not even a good show room. They push JUNK and hope are clueless.

I bought a Sony Vaio laptop from the Best Buy in Lafayette, La. years ago in the similar no interest plan (18 months I think).

At the time online payment was very rare and new. I was paying the minimum payment via mail for 5 months and then noticed that there was a ridiculous interest fee tagged on to the bill. When I called about the billing question, I remember I was talking to a 'I don't care' type of a person. She explained that their records show that our last payment was not received on time.

I explained that our payment was sent 2 weeks before the due date and also requested the copy of the postage stamp of the envelope for proof of date from USPS. She said nope and that's the reason why the interest rate, starting on the purchased date, had been tagged to the bill. No way to prove the received date of the bill paid, I sent the payment for the remaining balance the next day. I've even wrote a letter to the Best Buy corporate office and I actually got a reply back but only to read that 'they understand that it was an unfortunate incident, but there's nothing that they can do'.

Ever since then, I would buy items elsewhere whenever I could. Now I don't buy from Best Buy because of numerous other online stores to shop from.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Credit Card

Best buy thinks it has authoraztion to my credit card

I have never bought anything on my credit card from Best Buy. I did however, make a purchase over 2 years ago,which was on 90 days. I had a charge of $43.69 unauotherized on my credit card.. I called and I waited for 1 hour on the phone,and I explained that there was I charge on my bill I didnt know what for. I had NOT bought anything from there in over 2 years. They checked the records and they said I paid it last year also. They explained they could not refund the one from last year, it had been too long!but they would this time. I didnt think if you rob a bank and its over a year, you dont have to pay restitution? Thats Stealing fom the customers! I want my money refunded $87.38 plus interest and my Credit number removed from BestBuy!!!! I dont know how they have my number anyway! I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THERE AGAIN.

you DID authorize it - 2 years ago. when you signed up for that service you gave your authorization to debit automatically for a renewal.

it's not best buy's problem that you can't remember. why didn't you keep track of your own finances? you didn't take personal responbility. you must read terms and conditions - just don't click "i agree" when two years later you clearly don't agree.

it's your own fault. stop blaming others for your failure to remember or take personal responsibility on terms and conditions.

You can honestly expect a full refund in that case.. When your calling over the phone and say that a purchase you made a year ago didnt happen, how do they know your telling the truth?

If they did just flat out gave you your money everyone would be calling in doing that. Besides normally this issue would have to be done through your bank as ive gotten my card stolen and purchases were made that i didnt do and never once thought to call the company that it was made at.

At this point your out of luck though cause a year is a long time and a lot of variables can happen. Sorry to say but even if you called the police they couldnt do anything about it because it is your responsibility to keep track of your finances on a monthly basis.

Tags
  • Credit card abuse from Best Buy

Online Bill Pay Never Works and Best Buy Auto Center Won't Fix a Problem They Caused

I have three things on my mind about Best Buy. The third one is a good review though on one of the employees. I have a Best Buy credit card and a rewards card. I signed up for the online website they have for paying the bills. I have tried countless times to pay my bill, and it NEVER works. As a result of it not working, I have incurred several late fees, all of which I had waived because I explained the online system seems to work but then my payments never go through due to some odd reason and I know it has nothing to do with my finances because I have never overdrawn my bank account and I am always up to date on my payments with everything. I use my debit card to pay bills, so I know if I overdraw or do not have enough funds --- my husband and I check the account balance at least twice a day. I do not understand why after 3-4 months of trying to pay with the online bill pay it still will not work. It is ineffective and I will be surprised if anyone else is successful paying online. They need to get someone to fix it or at least shut down the whole site if it isn't working. Secondly, I purchased a new radio that has Sirius and a speaker system for my car as a set. I am very happy with the radio and the sound quality I get from the speakers, but when they were installing them they somehow loosened the panel that holds all of the window and lock controls on my driver's side door so now it won't stay down no matter what I do. Every time I roll down my window, the control panel pops up and out of the socket and it is very annoying. The passenger's side panel is fine and hasn't budged at all, so I am curious as to why my driver's side is acting up. And I know it was Best Buy's doing because before I dropped my car off with them at the store garage, the control panel would not budge and was sealed tightly to the door. Best Buy won't do anything about it so I'm stuck with the annoying problem. I mean, they tried to fix it ONCE and the panel stayed for about an hour before it started popping out again. Oh, and thirdly (this is a positive experience) : My husband bought a touch screen radio for our Jeep. At first, we didn't choose the one with bluetooth because it was a lot more expensive than the other ones without it, so we opted just to use a USB/auxiliary cable to connect our iPods / iPhones to. It was brand new and it was on sale, so we thought it was a deal to have. The installer must had done something wrong with the initial install because the usb / auxiliary cable port didn't work at all. Our iPhones would start playing music when connected to the radio, but not through the car speakers. We caught this when we picked the Jeep up and I wanted to test it out. The guy was confused and he even tried to figure out the problem. He then proceeded to persuade us to upgrade to the same radio that was equipped with bluetooth for the SAME price we got the original one at. That was a deal we couldn't pass up and he saved us a bunch of money. I was surprised that he actually was able to pull some strings and let us have the more expensive one that wasn't on sale for the sale price. So awesome of him to do! Not sure if he got in trouble for it. But, just to let y'all know, the one with the bluetooth also has a USB / auxiliary port. I also tried that with an iPhone and it won't work. So I don't know if it is a problem with the radio company or the way the employee installs radios, but hey. We can listen to our iPhones with Bluetooth, so I am happy.

Best Buy Credit card SCAMS

We purchased a large screen flat tv. They said we would get 5% cash back if we signed up for their cc card and paid it off within one month. I even remember in store double checking about the cash back because we get 3% on our credit card back + giant eagle points on top of that purchase which would equal to about 4 so i thought hey not bad 5% i will take it. I signed up for their card and then i get an email 30 days later to sign up online to get my 5% best buy bucks. I called right away their 1800 number and after talking to 15 customer service agents, never being connected to a manager after asking several times, and, getting hung up on. I asked for their corporate phone number. good luck with that all their answers we cannot give it to you. That was our 1st and last purchase at best buy! the store people were nice but the 1800 people HORRIBLE if you value your nerves do not call them!!! My problem never got resolved, I am still even waiting on this 5% best buy bucks which i will most likely not even use out of principal at this point! Getting someone from upper management to contact you GOOD LUCK with that! DO not spend your money there the 5% is for their best by buy bucks its a scam that they use word play with to get you!!!
$2000

Best Buy in San Jose, San Jose - Pre-ordering doesn't mean squat!!

I was among one of the first to Pre-order the new Nexus 7, even in advance of the official announcement date from Google. Fast forward 5 days before the launch and I get an update saying that my pre-order has been backordered. The whole point of pre-ordering is to ensure shipment at or even prior to the launch date so that the early birds who pre-ordered have a reserved copy. Obviously, Best Buy is widely incompetent in handling their inventory management. I am a logistics professional and this kind of behavior from a national retail chain store with its level of recognition is embarrassingly unacceptable. Either that or the company intentionally oversold on pre-orders, knowing that they are screwing over people but doing it anyway to get traffic into their site/stores. On top of that, this experience tied up funds on my credit card that I could have otherwise used towards a more responsible retailer. Never again will I be eager to give you business Best Buy.
Tags
  • Pre-orders

Fraudulent charges on my credit card- 3yrs in row from Best Buy

Purchased computer 4 years ago and paid for ONLY 1 YEAR of web-root antivirus software. Did NOT receive any emails to authorize continuing the software subscription. Just noticed a VAGUE charge on my credit card (said only BEST BUY and store #). I haven't used this credit card this year and it was the ONLY charge on it. I researched by old bills, and BEST BUY has been charging my credit card the $45 the past 3 years!!!!! I didn't catch it those prior years because I just thought "someone in the family must've bought an accessory or something". I called BESTBUY, clerk said "You need to wait 1-2 months for the $45 to get credited" and there's nothing they can do about the prior year's charges. Its been 3 weeks now, no credit yet !! BEST BUY store is A SNEAKY HUGE FRAUD AND my whole family will NEVER shop there anymore!!! So everyone be on alert for vague charges from BestBuy on your credit cards.

They are fraud they charge people's credit cards for things they never even purchased and the gift card are being used in other states then the one you bought the gift card for Rhys why try are going out of business

Sara L

You and I have a different definition of fraud. My guess is that the fine print (that you obviously didn't read) said the subscription would be renewed every year unless you cancelled it.

Sneaky perhaps, but not fraud. Your fault for not reading or understanding what you were agreeing to.

Best Buy in Roanoke, Virginia - Victon of credit card fraud

I was a victom when an X-girlfriend used my credit card to purchase 2 lollipop laptop computers. I filed a dispute and that started the investigation. They reviewed the in-store surveillance of the day I was victomized, and said even though she amitted to signing my name and that I had given her my permission to do so. They said that because I had been in the store with her earlier that day, that it was ok for her to sign my name on the receipts which signatures did not even vaguely resemble my signature, one was just basically up and down loops ! The Best Buy dispute department never would admit it wa forgery and I ended up having to pay for the computers. I was very disappointed on the view they had taken and had for a long time enjoyed shopping at Best Buy, but now I would not reccomend anyone trusting their card holder safety terms.
NonnyMouse

Best Buy isn't even in charge of their credit cards, you would have to call the credit card company. It just recently changed from HSBC to something else.

It's not like Best Buy is a BANK. :roll

Why didn't you call your credit card company and tell them your card was stolen and you didn't make the charges? Then go to the police and file a report.

You will not have to pay for the charges and your ex will be brought up on charges. Best Buy is not the police.