Filter by rating :
filters

Poor service at Best Buy

The slowest service ever! Ever time I asked for help I was told "wait a sec" or "I'll be there in a minute". Help never came. I was constantly told to go to the cashier for help but then I was told to go to another employee who then directed me back to the cashier. This cycle repeated 4-6 times and I basically wasted an hour doing that. When someone finally helped me they just said to wait on line. Why didn't they just tell me that in the first place!? Once I got on the line I wasted another 45 minutes even though there were only 3 people on line. Come on Best Buy! Once I finally got there they took 15 minutes to give us the computer. They kept on asking, " Do you want this?", "Do you want that?". No I don't! just take my money so we can all go home. What kind of service is that? Why didn't I just buy the computer at P.C. Richardson?

Dude, its a big box retail high turnover store where the associates would not know a flat screen TV from a flat chested prom date. They did the best they could most likely. If you want immaculate service then get rich and send your pool boy or office personal assistant out to do your bidding.

Wouldn't honor posted price on item | Best Buy

I was at Best Buy today and had a wireless mouse and a laptop sleeve in hand. At the register i noticed the laptop sleeve which was advertised in store for $9.99 rang up $14.99. Don't get me wrong that isn't a huge amount but it's the principal. I walked with the cashier to the rack and they had all colors on the same peg. Yes the tag said $9.99 but it said pink after the description of the sleeve. I talked to a represenative in the department and he said it was pink ones only that were that price. I asked the rep why were there other colors on the same peg then isn't that false advertising? The rep said sorry it says pink so they won't honor that price for any other color. Hence i put down the items i had in hand and told them that is false advertising and they lost my business indefinately!

I really dislike people like you. I worked there for 3 years and would laugh in peoples faces when they would say bait and switch and false advertising.

The tag said pink at 9.99 so its not marked wrong.

Oh Simon- I think the purpose was to complain that a price was marked wrong. Don't make up your own complaint and then insult the original poster.

So you didn't get an item for a lower price that what is posted? So, what is your complaint actually?

That you can't cry your way into making Best Buy lose money? Awww.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Cashier

These guys in the store are ridiculous. Worst Best Buy store (period)

Numerous times that I've purchase a laptop in this store I see: workers see me looking for or waiting but they stay in their group huddles, answering other people's questions knowing that I'm waiting to ask a question and then he would walk off, or blue shirts everywhere else except in that department. Couple of times when I was checking out, the cashier would ask me if I found everything ok. I would tell them "no" but have no more patience but to check out and leave. Due to this store, I did get in a habit of ordering from Amazon online and that's one of the best things that came of this.

OK princess, if you want help then go ask them. Don't stand there like a statue while you watch them help other people.

Scammed me for my info to sell me! | Best Buy in Lodi, California

I spent $700 buying Xmas gifts and as the cashier is ringing me up she says "oh, this item qualifies you for a $25 gift card, I just need your email and phone number." so I give my info thinking I'm getting a gift card for spending so much money, but instead I get an email that says all I have to do is buy a phone and sign a 2-year contract to claim my $25 gift card.... Can you believe that! What government agency do I complain to for them scamming me into giving them my info? Very disappointing and deceitful.
Mike_mn

I started paying cash several years ago! Stores will always ask for your phone number/email.

Little know dirty secret at BB is that they record your purchase history. They know what you bought 10 years ago! Never give them ID. They'll ask even when i pay with cash claiming they can send me special offers.

I always say 'No'.

I've gotten a few snears and dirty looks! Fooey on them.

Unfortunately, you may not have a case. The information that you provided was not contingent on you making a purchase.

What you experienced was a bad business practice. The Dec 2012 issue rates retailers on page 25.

Best Buy is at the bottom. You may want to pickup that issue and try one of the top rated ones in the future.

View more comments (1)

Incompetent employees and cashiers | Best Buy in Round Rock, Texas

Cashier walked out of the store and left a line waiting for 20 minutes for a cashier. Once a cashier did arrive the cashier did not know the correct answer on if xbox games were buy two get one free. His explanation was that it was whatever the computer says. We asked one of the associates on the floor and he stated that it was buy two get one off on any game $30 and up. The advertisement stated the same thing. The cashier says it's either a connect game or whatever the computer says. Three stories. After all that we left our $500 purchase there and walked out.

I'm sorry, but when I was a cashier and the person who was coming in for the closing shift didn't show up when my shift ended, I left. It is up to management to make sure there is coverage and I'm not going to stay later because some *** teenager decides to not show up for work.

first of all it is kinect games not connect. Second of all the cashier wouldnt have left a line for 20 minutes, there would have been someone called up.

third, heres a situation, your a cashier and come into work and see there is a big line so you punch in and head up. you dont stop and decide to read the ad.

you go and help the customers that were waiting. the guy told you it was buy 2 get one free.

Then put in an application and show them how to be a know-it-all like you. I bet you'd be the bestest cashier ever!

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Cashier
i paid 7 or 8 dollars a month (80 dollars a year) for my disability and loss insurance on my computer from best buy bought thru my zero int. rate best buy HSBC card. its called " account shield plus", its a private company i found out , not Best Buy , but sold...

Bestbuy does cover physical damage on most products. People on wish to buy protection after something breaks.

The protection actually has accidental damage in it. I shatered my iPad twice and the just give me a knew one each time

View more comments

Stupidest employees ever. | Best Buy in Dallas, Texas

basically, its black friday and we went to buy those prepaid phones that were on sale. we lined up for about 10-15 minutes? (this was around 10 am) and FINALLY when it was our turn to pay, the *** cashier told us that the phones are limit two only. uh hello? where does it say limit two? and EVEN WORSE was that i came with another person and they ONLY LET US BUY TWO even though there were two of us. also. why would you want to set a limit on those prepaid phones for. they had a whole barrel of it, around 30 to 40 and those phone models are so old, no one even buys them anymore. shouldnt they be happy that some people are trying to help them rid of their inventory? *** ***. another thing was a friend bought a 3d tv, the one on the ad that said there would be a FREE home theater system with the purchase of the tv. instead, he got scammed. and the *** people there said theres no free home theater system because the QUALITY of the tv is better than the other one. what kind of lame excuse is that?

The limit is there for a reason. It's so the first person in line can't buy all the store's inventory, so more people can take advantage of BF sales.

Stop being so greedy. 2 phones per person is plenty.

TimThomas

As I've said before I've never worked for Best Buy nor have any of my friends or relatives. He wouldn't be bashed if he read the flyer, or if he understood a real complaint versus whining about nonsense.

He's complaining he couldn't get a handful of phones. If they gave someone 4-5 of them and someone who didn't get one saw this it'd be a whiny post about how "Best Buy is so greedy they let people buy like a million each and I didn't get one".

well obviously the two posters above have something in relation to best buy, or else you wouldnt be bashed like that.

It does say on the front page of the Best Buy ad for Black Friday that all items have a limit of one per customer unless otherwise noted. I don't understand the TV one at all seeing as it sounds like one of you bought a TV that didn't say it came with the home theater system and wanted the bundle that came with another one.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Your dumb@ss made the mistake of not reading the print where it has a limit on how many of one item one person may buy.

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight.

Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight. Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (5)
Best Buy Cashier
I went to Best Buy to buy an Xbox 360 console for my brother, I am 22 years old, but had forgotten my I.D. Apparently that is required to buy the console - in cash!? Anyways, I did not have it so I calmly asked for a manager - they TOLD ME NO - and then I asked if the...
TimThomas

The funny part is from around midnight Thanksgiving morning til about 5 or 6 PM yesterday you could order the PS3's and Xbox's online for the black friday prices all over.

View more comments

Poor Customer Service. Period! | Best Buy in Kansas City, Missouri

I was at the Best Buy in Liberty, MO, purchasing a tablet accessory. Now I do have to say that the sell associates by the computers are helpful. Almost too helpful. (Sometimes I need just a few minutes to sleep.) No real problems there. It's the cashiers that are horrible. A customer cut in line of two other patrons waiting to check out and the cashiers did nothing about it. Nothing. The other patrons had to handle the situation. And by the time I made it to the cashier had the audacity to pretend it was not her job to look-up a price that had rung up wrong. Imagine actually expecting an employee at Best Buy to actually do her job!

@nikalseyn

They price match. At my local best buy they even will do Amazon.com. And even their own website, unlike Walmart.

So the fact that the cashier didn't price check something is too much for you? They call people to check the price.

It's idiotic for anyone to just leave a register for a price check.

Also, if someone's cutting in line, that's not BestBuy's fault. That's the fault of the parent of the person who cut you in line for not teaching their child patience, or common courtesy.

Figure out who is actually being *** before complaining about the wrong people.

John N

I have said it before and will do so again---Best Buy is no longer the place to go for much of anything. Not only are their prices too high on most items, but as you experienced, the quality of their customer service and cashiers is now on a par with WalMart.

I do agree with you about the people in the computer area. I too have always found them to be knowledgeable and helpful.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy = misleads consumer = false presentation

Best buy seriously misleads the consumer with "bundling" products. They put products (bundled together) on the shelf, have a "price" underneath to make the consumer believe what you see is what you pay for (at shelf price). ABSOLUTELY NO information anywhere near the product to inform you that the above is not the case. So here we go with our daughter to buy a birthday gift. What a great deal we thought (not knowing to much about Xbox etc), for $199 we get, an additional game, cabling and a control !!!!! What a great deal. Until you get to the cashier and your total amount to be paid is just short of $500. I had to dissapoint my child, and we had to void some of the items to bring us down to at least $400 (still $100 over my budget). Their false advertising of product/price definately brought many tears to a birthday girl and has soured my experience to provide my child with a GREAT gift, that she has waited over 3 years for. BEST BUY.......YOU STINK........YOU HAVE DEVIOUS WAYS OF MISLEADING THE CONSUMER. YOU SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE ....YOU MIGHT HAVE MADE THE TOP 100 LIST ..... BUT YOU CANNOT BE PROUD OF THAT ..... YOU CHEATED YOUR WAY TO GET THERE!!!!!!

I just left Best Buy #286 and am very very angry. I was told 2 days ago while purchase a laptop & software, that the Kodak printer was on sale for $49(it had the sign too!)

and that if I took the coupon on the shelf, and brought an old printer in to recycle, that the printer would be free. Well, when I got there, the sign was gone!! The store manager disbelieved me, and told me that if was never on sale. I named the salesperson, and asked him to check with him--he refused.

He basically told me too bad!

Very Very dissatisfied and sick of their sneaky tactics! I will never set foot in their stores again!

Okay how did they cheat you? They have the unit it's self a base price and then they have additional things you are probably going to need if you didnt already have a unit.

Not everthing comes in the box that you will need to get set up otherwise you would see the higher price tag and think of buying her another present anyways. The dont package it all the box because who needs 20 of the same cable?> Research!

View more comments (1)