Oregon, United States
3.5

WARNING! It appears that Best Buy may change an item's price after you put it into your shopping car.

I found a laptop on Best Buy's website for $679.99. After about an hour of checking the specifications and comparing that laptop with other Best Buy laptops, and those on other websites, I put that model into my Best Buy shopping cart and it showed the $679.99 price. I immediately went to check out to complete my purchase but when I tried to create an account to make the purchase, their Web site would not let me. I called Best Buy and the representative told me to close my browser and make the purchase from a different browser.

When I did, the price in my shopping cart was $729 in that browser. I called again but the representative would not sell it at the original offered price. She said they had never had that laptop at the price I had found on their Website. She said I would have to prove the lower price.

So I found the link with the original price of $629.99. I called again to tell the representative that I had found the link with the original price. She said it could have been an old link and insisted that they had not had that price in at least the last two weeks, and would not sell it to me at the originally offered price.

When I then clicked on link it it took me to the product description page with the $729 price. It seems to appear that Best Buy changed the Web page or links to delete the original price and replace it with the higher price.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Website.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Best Buy Pros: Original offered price.

Best Buy Cons: Price switching.

Comments