Verified Reviewer

I had the worst experience imaginable buying a fridge from Best Buy. After setting a delivery date, the Best Buy delivery man arrives to my apartment building in NYC and decides to try and install it himself because the other guy he's with is "new" and couldn't leave the truck.

To start, the delivery guy calls me and tells me that he can't wheel the fridge through my service entrance (by himself?) because it's cluttered.

I call the super to help him, who eventually clears the items away so he can get it into the service elevator.

He then arrives to my brand new apartment and tells me he can't fit the fridge through my front door. I politely advise him that if he turns the fridge 90 degrees, it will fit. That works, but as soon as he gets the fridge inside my apartment, he takes his mask off (endangering my life) and starts texting. I politely ask him to put his mask back on, but he just ignores me.

This is particularly ridiculous because I got about 8 emails the night before with Buy Buy's mask policy.

The delivery guy then decided it's time to do his job again, pushes the fridge through the front of my apartment, and brutally scratches up my floors and walls because he was doing it by himself. There was 0 good reason why his partner wasn't with him, and it was blatantly obvious that if 2 people were doing this, it would have been fine.

The delivery guy then tells me he can't fit the fridge into the installation area because it's too big. All he did was complain and do everything possible not to finish the job. After helping him get it in, easily, he tells me he can't finish the installation because he can't attach the waterline (which I paid for them to do that service).

I then call my super, who does the whole installation for him while he remains unmasked and texting.

After the fridge is finally in place and connected to the water line, the delivery guy looks around and sees how much he damaged my apartment, and starts taking pictures of different things before wheeling the old fridge out. To be clear, he was also supposed to connect the ice tray and all of the other parts of the fridge, but he just bailed.

I then look inside the fridge and see that there are multiple pieces damaged because of the delivery guy's incompetence. I email Best Buy to ask for an exchange, and get an automated response that they can exchange it in 2 months! Insane!

I then ask them if they can push that forward because I need a fridge, and they say that they have a lot of inventory and can deliver it in 3 days. Unreal.

I confirm that, and what happens? The new fridge never shows up! I get no reason for why except they need to reschedule again.

Between destroying my apartment, endangering my life by not wearing a mask, delivering a broken fridge, and then botching the reschedule, I can't recommend enough that folks STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY. The service is awful.

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Refrigerator Installation.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Best Buy Cons: Lack of wearing a mask, Destroyed my floors and walls.

Comments