Tyler, Texas
2.0

I am appalled by Best Buy's service. Bought an ASUS computer mid-2014 from Tyler TX Best Buy.

Keyboard problems within one month. They did replace the computer, but about 8 months later had the same problem with the new computer. They sent it off for repair. I had to purchase another computer to keep my business going.

Computer came back, not fixed, sent it out again, came back not fixed, but Geek Squad then got it fixed in-house. This took over a month of back and forth with my driving the 2 hour round trip to and from the store. About 2 months after finally getting the machine back now it won't hold a charge AND it's now out of warranty. Not only do I need to send it back out for repair, now I have to PAY to send it out.

Comes back with a $277 estimate to replace the mother board on a computer that has almost spend more time in Best Buy's hands than in mine! I had a ridiculous back and forth email conversation with customer service who has offered to do nothing to rectify the situation. They just keep sending me emails apologizing! I asked for a credit toward purchase of a new computer.

Not even asking for a full refund, just partial credit. They have agreed this was a bad and unusual experience, Geek Squad told me it wasn't worth spending the money to repair the original unit, yet they have offered me NO help at all, just lip service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Asus Laptop.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Best Buy Cons: Lost time and money, Do not stand behind products.

• Defective Asus

Comments

Kudo's to the staff at the Tyler, TX best buy. They did right by me and gave me a credit towards the purchase of a new computer equal to the amount it was going to cost to fix the old one.

Can't say the same about Best Buy Corporate Customer Service, or ASUS...both useless. If you have problems at Best Buy, give the managers a chance to correct it.