Fired Non Selling Blacktie Employee | Best Buy review from Phoenix, Arizona

Myself being and employee for 10years was giving a final warning for not selling enough Blacktie Protection/and Reward Zones,Icouldn't believe it there they where my Ops Mang,and my Gm Mang,sitting me down and telling me how and what was my problem telling me there are people in my department selling 15 per day,Me being a Black female having these two white men very pissed off,at me because of my none selling there BT on products I told them I offer the BT,only to have them tell me I am selling it wrong telling me that my best wasn't good enough,I explained only to have them ask me to explain how I offer the BT only to have them both tell me Im selling it wrong Ive been selling it for 10 years,I ask them how far to go to sell it,they both looked at each other and looked at me indistress,Im losing my JOB of Ten YEARS because I willnot LIE and PUSH THE BLACKTIE PROTECTION,SHAME on a company I LOVED,SHAME S,V Arizona

F uck these crackers that dont understand s hit outside their silly little world. Thats why my d ick is bigger b itch.

I work there, I sell a lot. I do not lie.

Why?

Because it's actually worth it. Why else would other companies start providing the same type of service (apple care, hp accidental coverage)?

@ J.D.- I absolutely agree with you on this! whites are no longer the majority and in all honesty, these days most whites are color blind when it comes to those that don't try to play the race card. I happen to believe that the only prejudice that really exist these days, the ones without being handed opportunities and such are the white middle class!!!

I have to agree to a degree with gary5737! what does your gender or race have to do with anything????

I hate when anyone does that! most companies want their employees to up sell or cross sell. That's sales! that being said....

have you given any real thought to self evaluation? perhaps they were being truthful when saying that you weren't selling it right! did you think to ask them how what they believe should be said to increase your sales? the very fact that you said they told you that you're selling it wrong insinuates that they questioned what you were saying to customers to try an sell them on the item.

Why would you not consider that perhaps there is a way to do it that would increase your number of sales? Being in sales myself, If someone has better numbers than mine, I like to ask them what it is they are doing or saying and perhaps their approach! maybe you should consider trying what someone is doing that's working well rather than choose to believe the problem has to be something else!

most certainly race and gender!!!! :roll

Work on delivering a GOOD and Professional customer service. Others should be fired as well.

All this aside why are so many folks here being silly and racist.

Dumb N¡gger. Using the race card.

You're pathetic. Go to school and do something with you life, crack baby.

By not selling them, your actually providing outstanding customer service - now BBY has one less honest person who will not lie, cheat and deceive her customers. You're better off adnd will have a wonderful career going forward.

its probably cause ur black and a b itch grow up and be responible *** negro

I think if you DO YOUR JOB!!!! You have no reason to be let go.....

People using the race card/or man/woman card are just pathetic!!!

Do your JOB DO IT WELL,and there would be no problems period!! :p

I think if you DO YOUR JOB!!!! You have no reason to be let go.....

People using the race card/or man/woman card are just pathetic!!!

Do your JOB DO IT WELL,and there would be no problems period!! :p

So i love how people on her complain and complain about race and gender, well guess what considering white is now the minority i want to complain *** and stop complaining that your black if you dont like it pull a Michael Jackson, you blacks have it better than most white people anymore so stop your complaining and do your job. oh and yeah i used to work at bby and loved every minute.

BBY makes a lot from the black tie plan.. and ya your to bring it a few times as you sell their other ***..I do work for BBY I'm not one to force things on guest.. but I do let them the the plan covers every thin in the box

smedrik

This has nothing to do with your gender or color and everything to do with being an under-performing employee.

No matter where you work on the floor of best buy your job and objective are sales. If you are not making sales you are not an asset to the company.

It is pretty cut and dry. You were not making the required sales, the company ceased your employment so they can being on somebody who will make quota.

Again the race card,and gender, probablly muslum, and here illegially.....just saying

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :roll :roll :roll

Even members of the Geek Squad at Best Buy aren't immune to the sales requirements they impose. I'm required to have at least 1 black tie protection plan attached with every 10 or so computers that reach my counter and I don't find it to be a chore; it's part of my job.

The BTP in and of itself is not a worthless investment.Best Buy will service the product well out of the manufacturers warranty if the issue is covered under the BTP. Given that fact that its part of my job to at least offer that extended service plan and that it can save a few bucks in the long term I feel that customers should at least know that it exists.

I don't push it too hard with every purchase because customers don't like sales pitches crammed down their throats but I do let them know about it in a respectful way. I don't deceive my customers in that I don't sell them information about the protection plan that isn't true and as such I strongly encourage any customers that purchase the plan to read their included protection plan handbook as well as the online resources available.

It may be a sales position however when hired you are not required to hit X quota of sales of BTP per day/month/year; you are hired to simply promote it. If she is actually fired unemployment will be easy as wrongful termination. [I am going on 3 years hating it more every second]; our store is trying to do the same thing with credit applications, however in a similar fashion by saying if you can't get any each month you are worthless & will be terminated.

Never goin' back to Worst Buy.

Best Buy idiots do not have a clue. Buy from a local store - pay a little more someone that knows what they are doing!!!

You were not fired because of your color nor were you fired because of your gender. I worked for Best Buy before and i know that selling is your job.

That's it. You sell what and how they tell you. If you are not performing then you are let go. If you do your job and sell you have nothing to worry about.

Best Buy does not care what color you are. They let you go no matter what race you are if you are not performing. The business is to make money. As someone said before, take responsibility for yourself.

Don't try to blame someone else for your short comings. It's not hard to sell Black Tie plans, they sell themselves if your tell them about it.

If you don't, then they don't buy. Hence you getting let go.

After reading through these comments, I do have some concerns: #1 This woman was being reprimanded by 2 men - regardless of color, I'd be intimidated! #2 As long as she has been demonstrated the proceedure to offer the plan, and has been given specific feedback as to how she is not complying with the proceedure, they have a valid point.

All a sales rep can do is offer - if people don't buy it, how can the rep be terminated for that? #3 Sh'd been there for ten years, and NOW was somehow not doing what they wanted with these programs? To be honest, I don't think I've EVER been offered the black-tie program when shopping at Best Buy...

I think these people were indeed looking for a reason to get rid of her. Sadly, all she's seeing/been told was that it's about these 2 programs.

Shows whats wrong with this country. She does not do her job and then come on here and cries discrimination.

Bulls*** to all who disagree. I was fired from a company because I wasn't a thief, and sometimes a few minutes late, whereas others were late sometimes an hour or more, yet I did my job too well, for 21 months and never missed a day of work. Later found out, that was because of jealousy, and that I had 2 different professional trades and college background (grad). I am the easiest employee to have working for you, pleasant and cooperative team player, so I understand the young lady's pain somewhat, which fits in the wrongful termination category. Rip-off sales or not, which is a deceitful fraud crime in itself against consumers! IOW - Deceiving the public. Go ahead... call the FTC & hear how they feel about misleading, fraud and deceit. Do it - and hear what they have to say! It's all the same. Would they have fired their wives or husbands or family? Maybe a lazy brother, but not their mother of course! Why not and what's the difference? Oh is it because any and all money (little or lot) is going into the same house because THEIR children have to eat? What about ther sister? No matter what color she is - they could have put her in another dept (10 years, come on). That type of *** is still unlawful to rip people off or deceive them. Get a grip. So I do know about racism, discrimination and unfair, unlawful wrongful termination.

I believe It was racism and discrimination because of an employee not trying to or won't burn consumers. All you racists sound alike. *** all the prejudice employers, no matter what color they may be, and anyone who thinks otherwise. Majority are all crooks. Now back to Best Buy... Forgot and left an infected CD of 10 Trojan Horses in my computers' CD drive, which started up (would run)every time I would re-boot my system. Reason? They forgot to take it out before I left store. I found it later, but of course their name wasn't on the CD for my proof, but the CD wasn't in my PC when I took it there. So to me, job or no job... they suck, some fierce. Don't take your PCs there for repair or you may have more problems!!!

:sigh :sigh

J54

If you are not doing the job you are being paid to do, then the employer can terminate you. Pretty simple and nothing racial about it.

Sales is not for everyone

@oddtodd

Yeah, she is supposed to sell *** to people. Thats what a person in SALES is supposed to do.

If you don't like it, don't work in sales.

You don't think carsalesman don't get heat for not selling useless *** to people? IT'S A SALESPERSON'S JOB.

It's amazing that most of the people that commented on her story criticized her for saying she was discriminated against, instead of her real complaint, which was being forced to sell a product that is of little worth for ALOT of money. If your "job" is to sell worthless *** to people, and jamming it down the throats of people, then maybe you all should go work for Best Buy.

You also know that she was at least warned and probably wrote up twice about this before being fired. Just like my job i have goal on ins that i must meet or I can get fired.

I am a white male, does that mean i was discriminated too? Grow up and take responsibility!!

So you were fired for not doing your job? So what's the problem?

I'm a double minority (female of color), and discrimination happens only if you want it to. A fall back that many use. People who can't stand on their own two feet. It's *** for the weak.

If you are an employee at a retail business you are required to sell their product. For Best Buy that means their services, protection plans, financing and rewards programs. If you're at Sam's club you're required to sell their Plus memberships, knowing that it doesn't really get you anything more then their regular memberships, other then costing you $60 more. And so on down the retailer lines.

If you're going to work their, you do what they want, not what you want.

Being BLACK has NOTHING to do with this!!! This is an employee admitting online that they do not do their job!

How did you last 10 years if skin color was the reason for your termination. Why is it so hard to believe that you were fired for not performing to their expectations, as they warned you would happen if your sales didn't increase. Quit blaming your skin color.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Noone should feel comfortable about being fired, especially after 10 yrs of service, so your reaction is realistic.

Discrimination still happens, even if others can't accept or really aren't aware of its effect. In addition to escalating an appeal to Best Buy's corporate division, you might want to contact your state's Dept.

of Labor to gain more information on lodging a formal complaint; the DOL will help determine and initiate legal action. Good luck.

Wow, the race card is being thrown for what sounds like an employee not doing their job.

How can you fail at Reward Zone? It's free.

Black female; *** male; handicapped individual; psycho veteran - what the *** is wrong with taking responsibility for yourself?! My prejudice is with ALL people that have to use ANYTHING as an excuse for their failures instead of owning up to them.

I've lost jobs for not selling enough, but instead of whining about it I actually found another job.

Good Lord! As if it matters what color you and your supervisors are - there's definitely more to this story than you're telling here.

View more comments (35)

Not so Best Buy

The worst customer service experience in my 38 years of life. It's November 25th 2011, black friday. I of course expected over crowding as well as long lines, but I do as well, expect some sort of system to be in place. I wanted to purchase an playstation 3 for my son and after going to four other locations, I decided to go to best buy located in morrow georgia, I was excited because they actually had it in stock. I entered the line to make my purchase at 1am, I exited their establishment at 4:30am. Yes, I stood in line for 3 plus hrs. Once myself and the other consumers finally arrived to the front of the line, we were shocked to see that there were only four registers opened. No one from the management team apologized to the shoppers nor did they have a good explanation as to why, at the most busiest time of the year, they only had four registers operating. In fact one person went to lunch and they only had three registers up and running. "first time shame on you, second time shame on me" I will not patronize best buy in the future, nor will I refer anyone.

At least the 4 cashiers showed up to work. No one wanted to be away from their families on thanksgiving to give selfish *** like you a chance to buy their snot nosed kids a friggn PS3.

But people went to work so they could pay their bills. Grow up and learn to wait in line.

I worked retail a few years ago, and no one gets paid enough to deal with *** like you complaining about lines on black friday. THE BUSIEST DAY OF THE YEAR

Just take 1 minute to think about all those poor folks that had to give up their thanksgiving and come into work at 11 pm or earlier to be there for you to buy your child a playstation. You are lucky you can afford to buy a playstation for your child.

How many people would love to be in your position that they could stand in line and buy a playstation for their kid. Further would you want give up your time with your family to go into work for very little pay and lots of attitude from customers? I can't think of anyone that really thinks it's a great idea except the corporate overlords.

I'm willing to bet none of them were at the stores or at desks come midnight.

Granted the managers should have not only opened up more registers but they should have manned them to make things go smoother for everyone, customers and employees alike. The real shame is to corporate America and you poor fools that buy into the BLACK FRIDAY HYPE they pound into your brains.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

So that Play Station 3 meant that much to you thad you'd stand in line for 3 hours. Talk about a loser. Crying over waiting in line at time when they d@mn well know all retail stores will be packed.

You are an *** for standing in line that long.

LOL people were lining up Wed. night..so being there @ 1am is not saying much.

You ALWAYS have a long wait on black friday to check out no matter how many cashiers are up front. And workers deserve their breaks people who have been there all night need 30 lousy minutes out of there 12 hr shift to eat/drink.

View more comments (5)
Loss

Best buy This was the worst retail experience of my life!

I went to best buy to buy 3 sets of speakers to replace the factory speakers in my truck as we would be leaving for a month long road trip I had a sales person look up what I need and help me pick them out, Asking about installation I was told it would be $59.95 I was not told that would be per-pair of speakers and when I finally got to see the install guy I was told it was $89.95 per pair. it was 10am I was told the install guy would be in at noon so I waited around for 2 hours at noon they told me he called in sick and I had to come back tomorrow. I was in at Noon the next day, I was the only person their all days it was 3.5 hours in that time I found out I was sold the wrong speakers on one set, and best buy did not have what I needed, And of the other 2 pair only one works it was 2.5 hours for him to put one pair in the doors, he never checked anything just said it was the radios fault they did not work. And it would be another 2.5 hours to take them back out of the doors at this point I paid for speakers that do not work, because I did not want to sit their for a total of 6 hours. And you claim Expert installation, one of the door panels fell off the next day the power looks do not work, nether panel fits any more, on my dash he cracked it in two different places, and broke one of the vents. Between waiting for the install guy I have 5.5 hours invested to get one pair of speakers working, had to pay for one pair because I did not want to wait anther 2.5 hours on top of what I already had!
Best Buy Installation
Loss

Best buy cant order my replacement parts

best buy told me to call for a replacement part for my xbox that was under an extended warranty.So i called on April 10/2011 and after 5 times calling i still havent received my part.today is April 29/2011 it was only supposed to be 7/10 days.today i was told i would be rushed the part in 5/7 days. I dont believe them.they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck . .

They probably just don't consider 6 year olds a priority. Maybe if they say you suck suck suck (repeat 30 times like a real *** and change your name to make it sound like a girl (duurrrrrrrr!!!) they could communicate with you better.

Back at you retard.

up yours simone.

I'm surprised they don't take a customer as mature as you more seriously.

View more comments (3)
Loss
On Black Friday 2010 I purchased a computer package special from Best Buy located in Gilbert Arizona store numbeer 1189. At checkout the register clerk suggested we purchase specially priced software for the computer, Microsoft Word 2010. I told the clerk that the...

As long as it's not open, then it is 100% refundable.

If it's open then you own it.

The manager may try to use the fact that Microsoft now uses product key cards instead of CDs in most cases. These ring up like phone cards.

Phone cards are not returnable.

But this is actually software, not a phone card, so it is returnable. As long as the back hasn't been opened.

View more comments
Best Buy Sales Manager
On 10-18-10 I ordered the GE Gas Range online. On 10-22-10 I was told it would be delayed another 10 - 14 days. I cancelled the order (Case # 78028911) and was told the charge against my AmEx would be lifted in 48 hours. On 10-25-10 I called to confirm since my card...
This G
#205278

They dropped the ball so much on this. My advice for the future, any time you are returning something, do it in person and get a paper print out of the valid cancellation and in 48 hours (or however long they say it will take) if it is not posted back to your card, immediately call your credit card company and notify them that it is a false charge due to valid cancellation.

Review
#204652 Review #204652 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Shipping Service

BEST BUY VERY DISHONEST, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Best Buy are dishonest and play games. On Monday 03/22/2010 I went to look at washer and dryer.I saw the Samsung WF218ANW model washer and Samsung DV218AEW dryer on sale at $599 each reduced from $799 each. I asked the salesman when will this sale end he told me on Saturday. I returned on Wednesday 03/24/2010 to purchase both washer and dryer.The price was back at $799 each.I asked for the manager.When he arrived he said "PRICES ARE ALWAYS CHANGING".I telephoned customer service basically they didn't care they said "Nothing we can do". I've purchased a Samsung 50'plasma tv and 55'Lcd just five months ago from Best Buy that will be the last purchase "I'LL EVER MAKE FROM THEM"