Verified Reviewer

2.0

"Best Service and Personal Attention to Every Customer" is the phone greeting message for a call to Best Buy customer service; it is just plain FALSE. Wed.

3/11/20: shopped TV for pandemic confinement. Friday 3/13/20, I went to Best Buy (BB) to research TV. Showed salesperson competitor's price @ -$200 for price match. 3/14/20 I noted receipt showed no -$200.

I called 800BESTBUY. After a 3-hour-wait, then Best Buy Rep (BBR), gave me a "case # that could hold up in court". My 3/21/20 installation was cancelled due to Covid. When asked, I explained I didn't want delivery since BB said they'd leave it on my doorstep (I live on a busy street and don't have enough house space for safe storage).

I made many calls trying to get the $200 back. No rep could authorize refund/transfer me to someone who could. After 23 calls to get a refund, delivery was scheduled for 4/29/20. Geeks arrived w/ TV.

In my living room, I asked for the $200 refund; they said they couldn't. Finally, BB refunded $199 for w/geek fees! Next asked where the electric outlet over the mantle was, saying someone should have asked me about that. I asked them to store the TV at BB until I got an electrician, at which time, I'd reschedule.

30 min later, I found an electrician. I called BB to reschedule and was told they sold my TV. Through mid-May, I made more than 30 calls seeking a refund of the balance of $1084.96. One night in May, I felt so disempowered and helpless, I called the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

After 6 weeks and more than another 25 calls seeking a refund, which was now finally only $29.04.

Another 6 months later and periodic calls to find out where the $29.04 was, I was told it was a prorated fee for the Geek Squad, despite never having received service from them. Best Buy's lack of customer care, honesty, and integrity are why I will never shop there again and I recommend no one else does either.

User's recommendation: Avoid Best Buy purchases. If you can't afford to shop elsewhere, only buy in store to take home. They are liars re: price match and they disempower their front line personal and so waste customer time with no resolutions. These people exist to keep you from getting any real customer service.

Preferred solution: Apology.