Filter by rating :
filters

Sold Defective & Dangerous Item as New, Charged Twice as much | Best Buy review from Federal Way, Washington

1.9
Buyer beware of Best Buy. Ordered Targus dock for laptop at total cost of $142.00 via Best Buy--online with in store pickup and failed to check pricing (Amazon had same item at about 50% less $70 plus tax). After picking up at local store, we noticed box had been re-taped. Upon opening box, noticed pungent smell of burned electronics - smell lingered in our noses for 30 to 60 minutes. Obvious defective item that could have started fire. My son plugged it in and fortunately no fire. The item had already been on fire and was dead - no power. Called store and store said we had to make second trip to return the item. Talked to Chris the Manager when I got to store. He apologized and offered to match Amazon price at 10% off. Told him I had lost trust in Best Buy in that they had put a returned and obviously defective item back on the shelf and then tried to pass it off to someone who ordered online at twice the price. Told him I run a company with 89 people and I would make it right with any customer so treated and that I wanted him to know he had a problem at store. He said he was sorry but that was all he was prepared to do. He may have been sincere but came across as he was just saying he was sorry because that was what he was supposed to say. Had I been in his shoes, I would have gone over and above to try to restore trust. I explained to him that simply ordering another one (there were no other computer docks in stock) and matching Amazon plus 10% did not restore trust. He said that was all he was prepared to do. So Hello Amazon and Bye Bye Best Buy tun intended). Will avoid your store like the plague and only go there if in total desperation because all other options/stores/vendors are not available. No wonder Best Buy is losing ground to Amazon.
#1208367

What the h is wrong with you? Did you expect the mgr to give it to you for free? ***!

#1203792

well I don't buy from there any more we spent all most $6000.00 there in federal way store new TVs washer an dryer front load two laptops all the wires you know to hook up TV s DVD players Surround sound for two rooms. DVD player did not do what they said so I returned it an a pack of $40 DVD disk an some TV hook up things they said I needed $99.99 each like 6 of them they said I cant hook up my stuff but the cable company gave them free.AN the thing that got me is I went in the very next day an asked for help on some of the stuff well we can set appointment an it cost me to get help an all I had was a few Questions for them. NEVER WILL I BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

#1202884

They still have rules. You make too large a discount on an expensive product, even as a manager, and loss prevention is notified automatically.

Swapping the unit is policy, offering the extra discount is going above. You just want to feel important, so you throw around the mention of your business and what you would do, believing you should be handed whatever discount you feel entitled too.

They'll take less of a hit just returning a damaged product to the vendor for credit than they would giving it to you far below margin anyways. ***

#1202941
@Anonymous

I think 25% and a nice discount on his next purchase would go a long way toward his time and travel expenses making the extra trips. Amazon takes care of their customers when they have product/shipping issues and usually it involves a sizable discount and free Prime months.

In some instances they even comp whole items on the order. Don't under estimate the power of social media. All it takes is for me to read that Best Buy re-packaged a defective product that had the pungent smell of burned electronics.

I'll tell a few of my colleagues about it and may even send them this link. Best Buy has a public relations problem on their hands.

#1202879

What exactly did you want the manager to do? He attempted to make it right by matching Amazon's price and taking an extra 10% off, so clearly he made an effort to offer a solution and make concessions due to their error.

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Customer Care
Cons
  • Online store selling used as new
  • Wasteing my time
Tags
  • bad online shopping experience
  • Sold Defective Return As New

Customer (Self) Service | Best Buy review from Shakopee, Minnesota

2.6
I ordered a new refrigerator from Best Buy several days ago and scheduled delivery for today 08/23. I chose a delivery window of 4-8 PM. I called customer service last night 8/22 to get an estimated time within that window and was told 4:28-4:47 PM and that I would get a call 30 minutes prior to confirm the delivery time. Also, I was told delivery would not take place unless someone 18 years or older was home. Today at 1:30 I got a call at work from my 12 year old daughter who was alone and frightened telling me there were two men in the house who said they were from Best Buy. I was livid, I told my daughter to calm down and put one of the delivery men on the line. When I asked why they were delivering 2 1/2 hours early, without contacting me, without an adult in the house? Reply: "we got done early." I told them to pack up and come back at 4:00 PM. I took off of work early and zipped home. Along the way I called Best Buy Customer service to get some answers. How could this delivery take place hours before my window without contacting me and what happened to the Best Buy policy requiring someone 18 or older be home. I posed those questions to the the first customer service rep I spoke to. After 20 minutes of hold time the rep came back with the answer - "I don't know". I asked to speak to a manager and was connected with Amber. Amber informed me that Best Buy delivery "doesn't card people to ensure they're 18" (not even kids) and that Best Buy "can't help who opens the door". Amber wasn't concerned that Best Buy created a situation where 2 strange men alone in my house with my 12 year old daughter without our knowlege. I asked her to find out why Best Buy delivery policies were not followed and call me back or send me an email. Amber told me that she couldn't get back to me because her call volumes were too high and offered me the phone number of their delivery service if I wanted answers. I'm no longer a customer of Best Buy.

I had a similar experience with their delivery service, came hours before the communicated time window and didn't even confirm with us. I didn't have our refrigerator clean out and I was taking a shower when they rang the doorbell.

I called to complain and find out what was going on with their delivery schedule the rep on the phone told me she couldn't help me because she didn't have time to call the delivery company and then call me back. I don't care if their delivery is free and BestBuy doesn't care if your free delivery experience went well.

#1202928

The bottom line is the customer service manager should have spoke to the delivery manager and got back to you. Only a knuckle head or a Best Buy representative would blame the customer!

#1202893

My bigger takeaway from this is: Teach you kid not to let strangers in the house!!! She can leave the door locked and say "I need to call Mom first".

#1202921
@Anonymous

I agree and she was talked to about it. I wish Best Buy would take the same approach with their children.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service not willing to help or follow up
  • Best Buy Customer self Service

Best Buy and Geek Squad Lost then erased my laptop

1.8
I have been using Geek Squad for 3-4 years and always been satisfied……until now. Below are the detail of the situation but here are the bullet points. Geek Squad sends my computer out for repair. UPS returns it to kentucky instead of me. No one at GS does anything helpful GS literally LOOSES my computer, and lies to me about it. No one at GS does anything helpful. Best Buy offers to replace my computer by reimbursing me less then it cost to replace GS finds my computer GS erases all my files after being told I would be able to retrieve them. After 5 weeks of F’ing me over i get a “sorry thats all i can do" Unbelievable that customer service and concern for clients could be so bad. This only implies, and I was told, this happens on a regular bases. July 18th- Monday 1:56 Pm I take my Macbook pro in because it was running slow on certain files. I was told that they would look at it but it may need to be sent out. That can take up to 2 weeks. I am fine with that since I was going to be out of town any way. It is shipped out at 4:06 July 20th-Wednesday 11:56Am Geek Squad calls me tells me they have done all they can and it may be a software issue that they can not resolve. I would need to take it to apple. I am told they are going to send it back directly to my house, I had requested that originally thinking it may be faster for me to get my computer back that way. I very specifically tell the guy at GS do not send my computer back as I am leaving town on Saturday and I don’t want it sitting on my porch. He assures me it will be there by Saturday so it shouldn’t be a problem. July 25th-Monday UPS makes their first attempt to deliver. But wait I was told it would be here by last saturday. July 26th-Tuesday UPS makes their second attempt to deliver. Nope I am still out of town July 27th- Wednesday Ups makes their final attempt to deliver. I’m still not home so they leave a notecard stating that the package will be held at their location until August 3rd. July 31st-Sunday I call UPS and ask them if they can deliver my package to as they are about 45 minutes away. I am told the soonest they can do it is Tuesday. Not thrilled but OK. August 2-Tuesday I check to see where my computer has been incorrectly sorted. I call UPS and they tell me it will be here Wednesday. Again not thrilled but what can I do but wait. August 3rd- Wednesday I am an optimist so I assume since they told me it would be here on Wednesday that it would be. WRONG. I check late in the afternoon to find that it is being sent back to the sender and now UPS will have nothing to do with me because now only the sender can do anything to reroute it. August 4TH-Thursday THIS IS WHERE GS AND BEST BUY REALLY GET INVOLVED…….OR DON’T 10:00 AM - As in the store just opened. I speak to Phillip at the front desk. On a side note these guys deal with peoples *** all day, they should be paid more. I make him aware of the situation and that GS needs to call to reroute my computer back. He gets Anthony, GS manager, involved to which Anthony’s response was “ I can look into it later today after 1:00” My blood pressure just went to 9000. I didn’t show up when you opened to be told that my issue isn’t important enough to look into right now. I should have realized at this point that my problem was not going to be dealt with and i should have gone up the chain then. But I am an optimist right. I leave PISSED. 2:26 PM- I haven’t heard from Anthony so I call to make sure he is looking into my problem. Anthony going to “look into it” 2:50 PM Anthony returns my call to say “we sent and excalation email, we won’t know anything until we hear back” Given I was pissed when I UPS sent my computer back to the sender. Now I am really pissed that no one seems to really want to fix the problem. My understanding with UPS is some one form GS just needed to call and reroute it back. No we are going to send an excalation email. *** I need someone to step up and take care if this. “Sorry Mr. Heddin thats all we can do” You should really fix this system. When there is no one to call to get an immediate answer, that is rediculious. So once again I leave pissed. August 5th- Friday 1:15 PM I call GS to see if they have made any progress. They “haven’t’ heard bak from their excalation email" 1:35 PM I get a call from GS kentucky and they tell me its on its way back. I ask if it can be overnighted? Being my computer has been in transit for over week and GS is aware of this I am expecting a “Yes Mr. Heddin and sorry for the delays” BUT NOOOOO. I get “the store it came from will have to approve that.” Pissed, but ok, I will call the store back to. 1:42 PM I call Anthony back to tell him the good news. His first words are “ I told you I would call you back when I heard something” Yeaahhh, warm fuzzy feeling, NOT! I explain that Kentucky has it and he just need to request it be overnighted so that I can get my computer back ASAP. “I will look into it”. 5:44 PM I receive a call back from Anthony to inform that my computer is already on the truck and there is nothing they can do to overnight it. It will be here on Tuesday. What can i do, except be pissed as ***. August 9th -Tuesday I never received a new shipping number so I call to see if is has arrived. I am told “it hasn’t arrived yet should be here tomorrow” It does me no good to go off at this guy he has nothing to do with it, so I hang up pissed again. August 10th Wednesday - over 3 weeks since GS sent my computer out 1:30 I call and I am on hold for 21 minutes- no answer 1:59 I call and I am on hold for 8 minutes- no answer 2:34 I call and I am on hold for 56 minutes- no answer 5:11 I call and I am on hold for 16 minutes- no answer 6:00 PM I go to Best Buy- I was told “sorry thought it would be here today, but it SHOULD be here tomorrow” August 11th Thursday Once again my optimism gets the best of me. After waiting for that call to tell me they have my computer, and not getting it. 6:00 pm I go to Best Buy. Fabian, a store assistant manger, gets involved. Great maybe we will get somewhere. NOPE. Fabian informs me that they really don’t know where my computer it and he will make and “ I will look into it tomorrow” WTF- Are you kidding me. I ask why he can’t tonight and his response was “ he could not leave the floor to look into it” there may have been a total of 10 customers in the store. But hey my issue is not important. Fabian leaves me with the feelings that my computer is lost but assures me they will replace it. Still no warm fuzzy feeling. They don’t even have a tracking number for it. Literally no idea where it is. Fabian gives me his card and tell me he will be my point of contact here on out. August 12th- Friday 12:32- I call, because no is calling me, and leave a message for Fabian. 3:35- Anthony calles me back to inform me that my computer is in fact lost and they have sent another “excalation email” Well we know how well those work so you can imagine my excitement. Anthony goes on to tell me “ if it doesn’t show up by monday then management has made the decision to replace your computer” Great lets waste another 3 days hoping that this problem takes care of itself. You can imagine how pissed i am at this point, NO YOU CAN’T! By the way where the *** is Fabian, My new point of contact? August 15th- Monday I never receive a call, because well that would represent customer service, so I go by BB. 1:30 Pm - I go into BB knowing my computer is lost and today I will get a new one. Still anoyed but I have come to terms with it. White shirt tells me they can give me credit for what I paid for my computer. Anthony, with out acknowldding my existance, confirms this.I had bought an open box computer so the $1036.99 I payed wouldn’t even replace my computer. And so I am told “ sorry thats all we can do” Realizing the guys at the GS desk can do nothing to resolve this I ask to speak with a store manager, Nick. Jason Eisenberg shows up, not a store manager, I start to brief him on the situation and he immediatly wants to get Anthony involved, AKA pass the buck. So I inform i have already spoke with Anthony and i think at this point Jason realizes i am pissed and deciedes to step up and do a good job. So after some discussion and him going to Nick they agree to making up the difference so that I may actually get a computer with out having to pay money. While working thru the paper work Nick, the store manager, comes by and asks if I need help? Great, I get to talk to the manager. I ask if he is aware of the lost computer, he response “ I was just made aware of it”. WOW just now?? This has been going on for over 2 weeks. Thinking he would care I start to fill him in on the details. Ha Ha, in a brief moment that Jason came to ask me a question Nick disappers. Never to be seen again. I have a light bulb moment realizing that this how thing is ran like ***. I get my new computer and discuss with Jason what will happen to my old one. It has personal files on it and files that I still needed.He informed that" if it shows up they would call me to come get files off of it and if it goes back to kentucky they would drill *** thru the hard rive destroying any files.” August 16th- Tuesday 10:16am I receive an email from GS saying my computer is being shipped. Great they found my computer and i will be able to get my Files back. May be this will have a happy ending, of sorts. August 19th- Friday Email shows that my computer has back at the store. August 20th- Saturday 10:05 AM I arrive at the store with my hard drive ready to download my files. Given I had not received a phone call yet but Jason said "if it shows up they would call me to come get files off of it”. *** my optimism. After white shirt asks “who told me I could come get files off my computer?” I should have known there was a problem. But Hey Jason is standing in the GS area surely he will fix this issue. NOOOOOOO! Jason comes to inform me and I quote “ I never thought it would actually come back here so GS never got the message to call you” Thus GS just erased the entire hard drive this morning. REMEMBER its 10:15am at this point, the store literelay opened 15 minutes ago. So because Jason “thought” i now have 100’s of files that are gone. There was potential for a some what happy ending. But don’t worry jason offers to send it out for recovery, AT MY EXPENSE!!!! WTF!!! I argue they should pay for it, he offers to ask his manager. Ha you mean NICK the one that could care less about this whole thing, No I will pass and just consider Best Buy and Geek Squad dead to me. In a day and age where I can buy all of my electronics online and have them shipped directly to my house with out ever speaking to anyone it is sad that terrible customer service is the reasons I would do that.
Geek Squad Laptop Repair
Cons
  • How i was treated by customer service and manager
Let the company propose a solution

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THIS LOCATION | Best Buy review from Kailua, Hawaii

I Have had the same problem. I literally have been calling everyday for a week...and only get them occasionally after being on hold for 30-60 min. I did not go there in person b/c I'm waiting to find out if my dishwasher is ready for pick up. The corporate Best buy customer service tells me it's ready for pick up as of wednesday. When I call on Thursday to check, they say it's not there. Again waiting on hold. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! They need to answer their phone calls. Never ordering anything thing from them again.

Best Buy - Shipping Service Review from Saint Paul, Minnesota

1.5
I pre-ordered the new Galaxy 7 Note about 20-25 days ago. And have been looking forward to having it in my hands today , the official release date. But instead just got an email today saying there was a problem with my order and that i can expect it within 30 days. This is the first time i have ever done a pre-order. So pardon me if im wrong, but isnt the main point of doing a preorder is having it in hand on the release date? Im so mad! I could've skipped this bs and went out snd got the phine somewhere today. I read similar complaints online, but was naive in thinking the same wouldn't happen with my order. I think Best Buy should not do pre-order deals if they are not going to get us our product when we expect it.....on the release date! !!!
Best Buy Shipping Service

No more Bestbuy!! | Best Buy review from Fairfax, Virginia

Hi all, I am in Navy and stationed in Bahrain. I bought a laptop online from BestBuy in May 13 for my wife as a gift. I paid over $500 for the new Core I5 and 8gb ram. I came home 2 days ago, August 15, and excited to check out the new laptop. But when I opened it, I realized it is Core I3 and only 4gb ram. I contacted Besbuy 1-800 and was told it is a easy fix. All I have to do is to bring the laptop to the store and get the right one. When I brought it to the store yesterday, 08/17, I was told that they couldn't do anything for me and they gave me the 1-800 again. I called BestBuy again at the first time to explain the situation, I was told that my wife should checked the system when she opened the laptop. I told them my wife is not a geek like bestbuy people. I was put on hold them disconnected. I called again and tried to epxplain again, then i was told there is nothing they could do for me because it was over 30 days. I told them i did get a wrong stuff. They told me it is the corporate policy so there is nothing for them to do for me. I told them i paid for Core I5 and i received I3. It was there fault from beginning. Later they told me they can give me $90 dollars gift card and nothing else. I told them i paid a lot more for this I3 laptop and if they could not give me the right one then they should return the money that i paid for the price of I5. ANd again I was explained that because of the coporate policy, they couldn't return the money to me. It is mean that srewed me. It is all my fault. I don't need a any *** money from them. ALl i need is they treat me as a customer, not like a dump guy. So from now on, there is no more buying stuff from this people. I am sorry to my wife when i didn't keep my promise to my wife with a good laptop so she can take care her school. There is no more buying stuff at BB from anyone in my family and my friend. I will tell how BB treat me to anyone i meet.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
I just had a washer and dryer delivered. The crew of two left before I got a chance to see the installation (my husband saw it but didn't know what the driver had been told). I specifically told the man that was out on the street connecting the vent and gas line that I...
#1208371

Yeah!

Best Buy Washer And Dryer Installation

Best Buy Apple Iphone 6s Cell Phone Review from Boston, Massachusetts

1.8
On 8/15/2016 I purchased an iPhone 6s from bestbuy.com. My order was initially declined and immediately canceled (even though I got a follw up email giving me 24 hours to correct the problem). I corrected the problem within no more than 45 minutes and re placed the order. Bestbuy.com was giving a free gift with the iPhone. That free gift did not go with the re placed order. Apparently I would have had to refuse the order and start the whole thing over again. I just learned that would take quite a bit of time but I'll get to that. When.I got the message from UPS that it had been shipped, I immediately called them and had it sent back. I did not do this so that I could re place the order, I ordered one directly from Apple, but rather because I found the fact that the gift didn't carry over unfair. I intended to return the iphone and forget about it. What lead me to write this is the day after I returned the iphone, I got a message from UPS that I was going to receive an order the next day. I called UPS to send it back but it was already in transit. I called Best Buy to find out what happened but their "computers were down". When I virtually accused her of lying she said they had been down for a couple of days. I guess the Geek Squad is having an off week. Now I have to *** another day to refuse the package. Even though it requires a signature who knows what their next lie will be. When buying an IPhone shop at Apple. Its a bit more but for a protection plan its a flat $129.00 rather than $11.00 a month, they have a free set up session with an actual person and fantastic customer service. Like many fellow reviewers, I found Best Buy nothing short of despicable.
Apple Iphone 6s Cell Phone
Order processing issue

Resolved: Fraud and deception on BestBuy.com | Best Buy review from Melbourne, Florida

Update by user Aug 16, 2016

When I originally typed my review I forgot to state that a full refund for the

internet security software was initially given on August 8th, promptly followed by the recharge, also dated August 8th.

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2016

I ordered a Dell Inspirion laptop from BestBuy.com on August 8th that was supposed to come with free internet security software. I cancelled my order within ten minutes and although the price of the computer was correctly refunded, I soon discovered that I had been charged for the supposedly free software! According to customer DIS-service the software is a separate purchase through Geek Squad, and this purchase is showing as active. As if THAT wasn't deceptive enough, that same amount was promptly recharged back to my account! No where in the fine print on the product page or final checkout was I notified about any charges for cancelled orders, and then the outrageous second charge! I have spoken to customer disservice twice and keep getting the runaround about how soon I can expect a PROPER refund, so I have disputed the charge with my bank and am also going to write a nasty gram to Best Buy corporate.
Resolved
Dell Inspiron I3452-1000blk Laptop
Cons
  • Lies and lack of written communication
  • False information on website
Problems with payment
Full refund
  • Bad Experience With Best Buy com

Samsung Electronics Cell Phone Review from Milford, Pennsylvania | Best Buy review

1.2
I went to a best buy in Middletown NY by my job to purchase a new att go phone. It was the first time and the last I purchased a go phone at best buy. It was a $140 Samsung Galaxy express prime. Not a cheap phone to begin with. I purchased it on July 10th. I went away on July 28th and attempted to use the phones gps for google maps. The apps gps did not work. I thought maybe I was in a bad area so we used my husbands. A week later I tried to use it again and nothing. So I called att. They trouble shot it and said the gps was shot.After over an hour on the phone. They told me to go to best buy and try to ask for help because someone would be physically seeing the phone to help. I went there and the Samsung guys spent an hour trying to fix it and told me the gps that I never used yet was shot. In a month old phone. They would NOT return it because I purchased it on July 10 and it was August 15. It was past the 15 days. So a phone that you sold me damaged, I didn't break, it was defective you won't return. Im done! Never will shop here again. I cancelled my card last night. I had my receipt , the samsung guy told best buy in the store the phone was defective and they wouldn't return it. They said it wouldn't ring through. Im a store manager and I know theres ways to bypass these things. They didnt care. I will be contacting corporate today..
Samsung Electronics Cell Phone