Cockroaches in dishwasher - Best Buy review
I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days and then picked it up from the store (it had to come from the wharehouse). I installed the dishwasher and it worked fine....

Dear Pissed Consumer, It's a little late. But we need to band together.

Same thing happened to my dishwasher. Bought in January 2018 and died in August 2018. Turns out cockroaches were swarming inside the control panel. Repair person said it was not covered under warranty.

But I wonder: Is this a design flaw that cockroaches are swarming in Samsung control panels? I mean why?

There should not be food crumbs inside the control panel. In fact, why is it not sealed?

Loss
I payed for one lens and received another one (3 times cheaper) - Best Buy review
I sent 4 emails to best buy...After a pick up in Orlando store, i realized that i had a problem. I bought 4 items, as Order number: BBY01-59399701162 ... and 1 item is wrong... After the 4th time... i give up.. OK BEST BUY.. i tried, i waited... and 0 answer... it was...

call your credit card company

Loss

They go behind my back to my wife when I said NO NO NO | Best Buy review from Fayetteville, North Carolina

They go behind my back to my wife when I said NO NO NO - Best Buy review
Told the tech at Geek Squad 3 times no I don't want to buy the 200.00 year coverage, I turn my back and the little *** sold it to my wife... They won't answer email and they simply ignore the complaint. Then I proceeded to call and email corperate which they ignored the calls, and email and when I spoke to someone they gave a very ethnic "You aint getting it fo free ya know".... Well seeing I did not want to begin with what the *** are you trying to tell me... As the Geek Squad goes.. which Ghetto did they get the hoody boys from

Wow.. that is super professional of them.

Love how everyone who doesn't look like a rotten banana, gets treated like *** these days.

Reverse racism is becoming a huge problem.

They should offer a refund. I would go into a local Best Buy and demand to speak with someone with at least a 7th grade education level.

This is between you and your wife as another poster said. Take it up with her, not geek squad.

They can't make decisions for anyone. All they do is offer a solution to a problem. It looks like your wife saw that and wanted to get y'all's computer fixed. Your wife sounds a lot smarter than you are.

You are an ignorant individual.

Good for your wife for being an adult. You're just a diva who likes to whine.

dr.marnish helped me to bring back my lover now i refer many clients to call him +15036626930 him for help , i wish everyone who want his or her lover back to contact dr.marnish

lisha Naidoo

Sounds to me like your wife wears the pants and you don't like it so you :cry to random online strangers. I would sell your wife too; all night long.

Except I wouldn't wait until you are gone to do it. You can watch; but there's a $20 fee.

Tamme
@stranger danger

yeh dont listen to the troll from Fairfield California the troll only dos it to get a negative reaction

Then when something happens to your device you'll be coming back wishing you had the plan in the first place. It can't be fixed for free. Sure you have manufacturing warranty which you would have to deal with on your own as far as shipping it, etc if something were to happen to your device.

It is your responsibility to control your wife and set boundaries. Do not blame others for you not telling your wife we are not buying a protection plan. are you a man or a pus***?

Courtnie

Is your wife an adult? If so then the guy did nothing wrong. This is between you and your wife.

Sarahmarie

Was your wife with you when he was trying to sell it to you? If not it's hard for me to understand how it's his fault.

If he knew she was with you then I understand, but what I wouldn't understand then is why she decided to say yes if she was with you when you said no.

This is where my confusion comes in.

View more comments (8)
Geek Squad f&^%ed up my MacBook Pro - Best Buy review
I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was kind of skeptic about this but then I decided to do it anyways. Surprisingly, it was finished in 15 days. When I picked up my...

uh you should have gone in when you noticed the picture color was off as you say. why the *** do people notice something is wrong with something they Overpaid for in the beginning , only to decide "hey it's not working right, let me keep using it though and THEN complain later"

and btw what would you have gained by yelling at the manager except thrown out of the store if not escorted out by the police?

Issues Regarding Refund - Best Buy review
Good Morning Sir ,Greetings Of The Day!! I bought a laptop Dell XPS 12 on 07/01/2013 for 1077.49 USD from Best Buy (MayField Heights,OH-44124.I had made payment through my Prepaid Forex MasterCard.(HDFC Bank Card No. 5267 1503 0015 0869)Unfortunately I was not...

Why in the world would you post your card number on here??? Don't you know this is public?!?! Wow, how careless and senseless.

Loss
I fell in one of their stsores,was transported to hospital by EMS, and xray revealed I had broken my arm. Store never called me to see what kind of injuy I had. No follow up at all from Best Buy. I am disappointed that Best Buy has so little regard for their customers...

Your fault for being a clumsy hag.

Reason of review
Poor customer service

BEST BUY LIES!

BEST BUY LIES!
Called Store Spoke to Geek SQUAD Adviced him I purchased A TV on 02/03/2012 today was 03/17/2012 sound wasnt working on tv less than 2 months old. Was told to bring it in for a refund exchange spoke with agent JC.. Even Told Me They Could Do a Over Ride. Well Stephanie Comes Out The Low end Manager and says its past 30 return.. Sorry... I asked For A STORE MANAGER SHE TOLD ME HE WASNT WORKING TODAY... Walked OFF FOUND THE STORE MANAGER 2 MINUTES LATER!!!!!! SHE LIED TO A CUSTOMER@!!!!! IRRATED THIS IS THE SECOND PURCHASE IVE BEEN BURNED ON... SEE YOU IN COURT BEST BUY!!! :) BURN ME ONCE SHAME ON ME BURN ME TWICE SHAME ON YOU...
Tom

For those of you who don't understand...Best Buy has a 30 day return period on TVs, even if you purchased it online, you can return it to the store. If it's PAST 30 days, then it falls within whatever the manufacturer's warranty states for service.

In this case, that warranty is 2 YEARS. The important words to remember are DEFECTS IN MANUFACTURER'S WORKMANSHIP. Those four little words are very important! That means, that if your TV fails for whatever the covered reason, that's what THEY have to cover.

If your dog chewed through the cable, you spilled your wine on top, you dropped it, Billy cracked the screen with a bat...those things ARE NOT covered! But, anything having to do with what is reasonably expected with the operation of the TV is covered by warranty! A price match has nothing to do with it...having another one in stock has nothing to do with it! From your date of purchase (or, from the date you physically too delivery, if it's an item that had to be delivered) that unit is covered for 365 days (times two, for this one!) under the terms of that warranty!

Now, should you decide to purchase any additional warranties (Geek Squad Plans), it may augment or cover certain other issues not covered by the manufacturer's warranty (power surge issues, etc), but it can NOT precede nor supersede that manufacturer's warranty!

Now, in THIS particular case, had this customer kept his head about him, the store (at it's discretion) CAN choose to a) replace the unit, outright...b) exchange the defective unit for another of the same make/model...c) allow the customer to upgrade into a better/perception or not OR different set altogether!

You can believe me or not, but I worked for Best Buy (on their sales floor, in multiple departments, in multiple stores, in multiple states) for twenty years, so I think I'm pretty qualified to know what I'm talking about. And as far as the "I WAS LIED TO" defense goes? MEH!

Store Managers have a lot of things on their plates, and they have assistant managers and department managers to handle the issues in their departments.

For any customer to actually be able to corner one of these rare birds at any given time is EXTREMELY rare...and, usually, they are going to ask the department manager's for their input, anyway!

Still...I'd be interested to know how it all worked out for you.

You would know where to go to find knee pads that are on sale wouldn't you, Dustinwayne?

You do realize that best buy does not make the products that are for sell in their store right? Your Samsung or Sony TV doesn't say Best Buy, it has the name of the manufacturer on it.

That's why products have a 1 year manufacturers warranty and additional warranties are offered at the time of purchase. To the other comments on here.... REALLY? Are you fu#&king kidding me????

Contacting the attorney general and consumer rights protection over something so ***. What would they protect you from? Having common sense? It's an epidemic of stupidity on here.

That is the very definition of a frivolous law suit. Good luck.

I hope you win your case against this unethical company. They could only be describes as dishonest.They tell you one thing and when its time to honor the agreement they fine the fine print.

I hope they go out of business soon.

i will be happy to see them close. WORSTBUY

Patrick

this Dustin guy is a complete ***. he'll take Best Buy to court and forget what's even going on.

File complaints with the BBB,FTC and the Attorney General in your state. One of these may be able to help you with the Best Buy problem. I guess best Buy thinks they are above the law.

Have you contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL (Consumer Rigths Proection )?

You may have a rights under the Lemon term

Also Bestbuy has been build a reputation of constantly violating Consumer Rights.

Best Buy must inform you, that any product may have their own guaranty policy ( by brand ),which you are not entiled to buy .

Before asked you to get any warranty offered by Best Buy.

well no duh the tv broke any how it is an insignia the are the worst company look up all the complaints

dustinwayne2010 ,

I hope you do take Best Buy to court and win your $80 - that way you'll only have $1920 to spend in lawyer fees instead of $2000.

Alan C

OP I would love to back you but i can't. Past the 30 day return policy stated everywhere.

What one *** employee says on the phone is irrelevant. You're under mfr warranty and BBY is NOT an authorized repair center for any mfr. Under GS plans, the only thing they do is send products out to a repair facility.

If you sue you will lose hands down. Use the mfr warranty and contact them.

dustinwayne2010

Well If They Would HAve EXchanged it oraginally the first time i complained Before the 30 return..

Day 2 of having it in my poss. and instead of telling me to allow it 100 hours burn time... to break in...

they got me on a laptop.. my fault show have not gave them a second chance... but if this happen to you, you would feel the same way..

that is unless ur a worst buy employee...

Sorry I ment Best Buy...

HAd a Lawyer look into thier policys..

Its Funny They Gave me Such A Hard Time.. And Run Around But Failed to Mention no lemon policy.. And YEs I ll take them to court $80

For BLack TIe PRotexction And No Repair OR NO Honoring MAnf. Warrenty..

P.S Everyone taking up for best buy,, Did I mention Knee Pads Are On Sell At Lowes?

dustinwayne2010

that is unless ur a worst buy employee...

Sorry I ment Best Buy...

HAd a Lawyer look into thier policys..

For BLack TIe PRotexction And No Repair OR NO Honoring MAnf. Warrenty..

Patrick

even though I feel kind of bad for him, what a ***. you can't take a retail store to court just because they denied your return while still following their own policy.

#452002

First thing, I would not talk to Geek Squad about a TV, as they work on computers and such. So why not speak to the manager first before hauling a TV back, instead of "computers"? :grin

Secondly... "see you in court"? On what grounds? For not exchanging a TV past a policy? Making an exception just for you, what makes you so special? :cry

Im sure you were offered service on the TV but think you are entitled to a new one because it is inconvient to pick up a book.

Honestly, it's people like this that is ruining our world with their almighty weapon of choice, "IM GONNA SUE." But cry babys give me a job as an underwriter.

SIGH

they are forced to be obnoxious and try to sell everything you might need because of customers like this one that will complain and threaten to sue if they are not offered a warranty but complain when you offer them the warranty.cant blame best buy you bought a *** off brand tv.

"see you in court" what exactly are you going to sue them for? You think you can afford better lawyers than best buy? Could luck pal!

I don't shop at Best Buy....I have heard and seen too many bad things about them. I think it is an obnoxious store to shop in, and can never seem to get help when you need it.

View more comments (16)
Loss

Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology! | Best Buy review from Phoenix, Arizona

Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology! - Best Buy review
This is a complaint on the quality of customer service, not just today, but every day I go there. I was disappointed again coming to Best Buy today, this time to see the laptop in person that I have read about for years. Not new, by any means-- it's a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Series 9 is out with higher demand and is probably why the prices are dropping for the Series 7. Talked to another customer service specialist in the Best Buy computer department while standing next to my computer I had just purchased.She was probably right out of high school, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I asked her what she liked about my model. "ya, this one's pretty good" this one, ... it's you know... got a shiny aluminum casing... so it's pretty good... yeah... probably one of the best ones here." I started going into detail about the 8GB SSD cache, and she acted like she knew what I was talking about, so I asked her how many other computers they have in stock with SSD technology. She hesitated for a second and said, "well not many" ... I then - having a feeling on what she was going to say next - asked her, "could you point them out?" ... then she says, "I actually don't know what that is..." I didn't want to rub it in her face, but I wanted to make sure-- "you haven't ever heard about SSDs or SSD caching?" she says, "no... they actually don't teach us that here." Inside, I was really disappointed at this statement... little does she know that this is one of the most important specifications on this computer and she hasn't even heard about it and is trusted to assist customers. I felt I was obligated to give her a VERY basic rundown on what they are, stressing that if she has the most minute interest in computer technology, she needs to probably do a little reading, but I know she won't. It's kinda sad I had to introduce a technology to her that will one day be in every laptop. The saddest part, though, is that most people have been reading about this SSDs for two or more years and now it is finally in Best Buy stores, but their blue suited customer support specialists still don't know about the technology. Almost every visit at Best Buy shames the business. The products in the store are great products, but the quality of who they hire are bottom line worthless.

Best Buy's problem is allowing new associates on the sales floor without mentoring with an established team member. The training modules are all there...and SAD is still required, even now...but, without some baseline in product category background, there's no way a green employee is going to know the how or why of it all. That's why they used to keep fossils like me around.

Sabin

Actually, SSD never took off. Too expensive, and untested..

Check out this article.

You should had asked her what the word *** bag" means....

@Sabin

Just read your coment I think this customer was right and knowledge is powerful maybe you should work around people if not for their business you have know pay check.Customer service out best buy poor.

You are one of the biggest *** bags I've ever seen posting reviews online. You're just an insecure *** who tries to be a know-it-all but fails miserably.

I know this is an old post but someone else needs to let you know what a smug *** you are. I bet the sales associate didn't know what an honor it was to be educated by someone with your vast knowledge and wisdom....

please enlighten the rest of us oh great and wise teacher..... get over yourself.

Patrick

what do you expect Best Buy employee? the original poster is a *** loser with nothing better to do than act like he's so much better than retail employees and suck c ock

If you are so smart why are you asking the questions? Can you read?

Every computer has little labels to describe its specifications. From your description your computer engineering know how and vast knowledge of the complexities of computing leave me wondering why a tech genius like you has not heard of this new fad called the Internet! Stop harassing a high school or college kid to make yourself feel better.

It is people like you that cause people like this young sales person to not want to learn and people like me who would have answered your questions while over looking your condescending tone but secretly laughing at your possible dunlap disease gut, epic power mullet, or wide selection of sweat pants you choose to wear in public, to leave decent jobs at these retailers. Next time you want a computer move your tissue box and do your own research.

Patrick

you again Ownage?? you're just a *** I agree with Simon.

get a life and stop criticizing people for not being as "smart" as you. you probably read online about computers and acted s if you're so smart in the store.

just go to the store and buy your ***, not harass and criticize people. c ock sucker.

Dude i bet you felt really good knowing more then a 18 year old girl, u should be proud of yourself. Bro u probably havent got laid in years.

What do you expect? Best Buy is a retailer, they're only worried about making a sell.

If you're dumb enough, they entrap you into purchasing a Geek Squad package where they are even more worthless than the salespeople.

This is why my boyfriend and myself research everything ourselves and do not worry about interrogating the 18 year old that just graduated high school. Best Buy is not going to bother hiring certified employees when they can pay teenagers to do the work for minimum wage.

You are a total ***

View more comments (9)
New Refrigerator Arrived Scratched - Best Buy review
My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of our price we were looking to pay, having seen fridges at the home improvement stores and appliance stores. It...

Should have just went with a new one for the extra $80, I mean c'mon!

Service
Best Buy Installation
Best Buy: Bait and Switch or Bad Business Practices?
Best Buy advertised a free Xbox 360 with a purchase of a PC. We were so excited as we thought we qualified with our PC purchase. However, there were "changes" to this promotion that they did not post in the PC department or on the Free Xbox 360 display. Dont...

I've worked at Best Buy for eight years, we've always had to give customers prices and deals that are marked and on the floor even if incorrect. Unless it was a "Small print" issue (In the small print it states you only get the deal with certain guidelines and limitations).

If the "Correction Notice" issued by corporate is not next to it you get the price.

I'm not sure why the store would not honor that deal if everything is how you state it happened, I wouldn't want to assume you're fibbing or lying but I also worked at Best Buy too long to believe the customer lol sorry. I'd honestly have contacted corporate.