Filter by rating :
522 of 3276 reviews with 1-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Best Buy - Cell Phone Screen Review from Westland, Michigan

$200 trade in for a working smart phone is a joke. All of their advertising said working phone. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else. Mine had a slight crack in the screen but they said it was not acceptable. Bait and switch.

In the fine print that you failed to read it said the phone can't have its water indicators tripped or cracks in it. And I don't understand how this would even be a "bait and switch".....? Stores don't really do this, but oh well i guess you're still living in 2007

Bad service | Best Buy review from Valdosta, Georgia

1.4
On Sunday, October 19, 2014 I entered Best Buy in Valdosta, Ga. to return a television I purchased and received slow, bad service! They treated me as if I had stolen the television, after being told by an employee at the store, that Best Buy is the manufacturer of this product ('39' Insignia flat screen tv, Model # NS-39D400NA14)that has stop working completely!!! I was told that I get another brand of equal value, later was told I had to have my receipt because that model was deleted! And I needed proof of purchase. I was told by the manager that they had looked for that model number and could not find it, then she can back and told me that many was purchased and the only one with that model number was with a card, previously I told Lanaia that I was not sure and she scanned my card and said it was not my card, when it was my debit card. They went in the back and start whispering and came back and stated , without the receipt I am not going to help you! Goodbye! I asked if I could have some assistance taking the tv out, because my bad back and they stated no! And that I needed to leave! The manager called the police and filed a criminal do not re-enter the store against me, just for asking for assistance with one of their products! I was not threatening nor was I acting in a threatening manner. Then the man of the store stated you need to leave, when I asked for the main office number! I felt like I was ripped off and lost my money and told who cares! After she plunged the tv at me on the counter stating not able to help you, good-bye!!! I stated you're a real witch! After being treated so badly! They had me wait over an hour and a half, giving me the run around and I could see what they were doing, telling me that there were not purchase with that model number. when in fact I went home and pulled the purchase from my debit card and had no problem pulling it up. Lana scanned my card and I know she pulled up my information, but , they continued to state they had no purchase with that number. Looking at me like I stole the tv!! I am very upset and disappointed that I even purchased from this store! I have over 50 complaints with the same item. There is too many problems, complaints and unfair treatment of customers! I am attaching a copy of my purchase for your review. I would love it if I could get a refund and I will not at their request visit Best Buy again! Please find proof of purchase below: 02/18/14 SOU BEST BUY # 02/18 #000006176 PURCHASE 1705 NORMAN DR VALDOSTA GA -288.89 ...........Earnestine

Please reply back to this comment with your card info so that I can verify the purchase. I'll make sure to reimburse you in full for the TV and your time as well as send out our award winning Geek Squad to repair the TV at your house.

Dont you need a receipt to return something in 2015?

Im not sure.

So your defense for his story is because he wrote a lengthy story it must be true. Let me write the retelling of Rudolph and Santa claus' s special trip that one Christmas eve. That's kind of a lengthy story so it must be true according to your reasoning right?

I believe every one of his words. He would not have written such a lengthy story if it didn't happen. Afterall, Best Buy in many opinions is not the best for service.

How do you plunge a TV at someone? They're not gonna tell you to not come back and file a do not re-enter order against you just for asking for help to carry your TV out. Tell us the rest of the story please

You really need to go back to 1st or second grade and learn how to spell and write correctly. All of ur sentences run together to where they don't make sense. Learn how to spell and type correctly before you post something.

@Anonymous

ur?

View more comments (6)
Review
Cons
  • Overall visit
  • Customer service
  • Unfriendly
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Pre ordered the samsung note 4 on sept 28th in nashville, tn | Best Buy review

Launch or delivery of phone set for 9/17/14. As of 10/18/14 nearly 6 pm, I have not received any communication from Best Buy. I have called the best buy mobile. After talking with DeAngelo then spoke with manager Sandra. Bottom line - they could not tell me why I dont have my phone. They don't know when I will get my phone and they are sorry that no one has contacted me via email to let me know about my phone or any delay. HELLO BEST BUY - I want $100 taken off my bill for every day past Oct 17th that I have not received the phone I preordered 2 1/2 weeks ago. ESPECIALLY SINCE SOME FOLKS PREORDERED THEIR PHONE AFTER ME AND HAVE RECEIVE THEIR PHONE. I am FIghting mad. Reduce the phone price by $100 each day I don't have my phone and pretty soon you will owe me money. THIS IS RIDICULOUS>

Im still waiting...order is still processing. C'mon, we PREORDERED the phone, so we could get it as soon as it came out. I was told that it should be at my door by the 25, basically 10 days after its released.

Best Buy Manager
Problem with delivery
  • Delivery dishonor

Best Buy - Manager Review from Houston, Texas

I used to love shopping the best buy in Santa Fe, NM until years of experience walked out the door when the new GM took over and let them all go due to his inexperience and insecurities' who ever chose him as GM made a huge error in judgment..now the store for months on end is poorly stocked with empty shelves in the video section looking like ghettomart! The GM is also not a nice person to begin with. This forces those of us living in Santa Fe having to travel over fifty miles to Albuquerque to much nicer store's to get what's needed which is a travesty. The best buy corporation managers need to get a grip on the facts of what's going on here. My money is going elsewhere as my friends feel the same way and believe me I'm a life long resident with a heck of alot friends and acquaintances I have had discussion's regarding your sinking ship of a store which we all agree on.

order what you need online. lots of great companies that deliver right to your door and no SALES pitches over inflated prices!! I love ordering on line

Best Buy Manager

I got Duked by Worst Buy | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

Just had the worst experience at the best buy off of Colorado Blvd. and Mexico In Denver Colorado! My Phone screen broke in my pocket and I of course have a protection plan with best buy but that did not matter to the geek squad. Really best buy thats how you treat customers. They told me I will have to pay $150.00 to replace my phone. I did not agree and as I was leaving the supervisor at best buy told me to *** Off under his breath. I never had this problem before and I have had a phone service plan for years with best buy. What is the protection plan for then! The S4 costs only 150.00 to replace new why would I pay the same price for a phone that I can buy off the shelf for the same price. Especially when I pay 20 a month in phone protection for the last 4 years! I spend thousands of dollars every year for my business to best buy but I will never again. I am in internet marketing and the last thing you want to do is ruin your rep by screwing over good customers. I will be making my presents felt every way through blogs, promotions, social media, and word of mouth on how terrible and ripped off I feel from best buy. Thank You Best Buy for ruining our relationship! Sincerely, One of your best customers!

that's policy to charge service fees...they changed that. learn to read and educate yourself on what you buy and learn to take care of your phone!

And when you start running your mouth on social media, everyone will see what a dumba$$ you are for complaining about something that every major carrier does as the other poster said. You are only embarrassing yourself.

Do some research before you post somewhere and look like an *** There is a fee for doing a claim on your phone anywhere you would have gone. At&t, verizon, sprint, and any other major carrier will charge you for a claim and limit it to 3 claims per year or every so often.

Go ahead and call around and see what these phone carriers tell you. That'll shut you up. Best Buy only is compliant with industry standards.

It's the law since it's an insurance claim. Get some facts before you ramble on like an ***.

ramjet

I'm sure there's another side to this story but we'll never hear it.

View more comments (3)

TERRIBLE SERVICE & WARRANTY | Best Buy review

TERRIBLE COMPANY. Every time I call I'm put on a 10 -15 minute hold. Staff is very unprofessional and rude. If you ask for a manager you're put on another 15 min hold. I purchased a warranty for my 3 iphones. When I went to get one repaired because the glass was broken they said it wasn't covered because it was not the right model number. I found that they carried over my warranty on my old iphone 4 to my iphone 4S and didn't change the model number. I have been paying of these warranty's at $16 a month for 3 iphone for 1 1/2 years over $860 and they won't pay a claim on their mistake. I've been given the run around for 6 months now and every time I call I'm placed on hold and told it will be corrected in 7 days. I've been told 7 days for 6 months. I called the corporate headquarters to see if I could get some help with this. They are just as bad. Passing the buck and telling me another 7 days. DO NOT EVER BY A WARRANTY FROM BEST BUY YOU"LL BE SORRY. I'll never purchase another item from Best Buy as long as I'm alive, neither will any of my family members or friends. They are so ***. "One good deed, 10 people will know. One bad deed, 1000's will know" and I plan to tell 1000's. All for a $20. screen replacement. I would have put 0 stars but I couldn't.

umm smells like you got caught up on your own switcha-roo game....

Another satisfied Best Buy customer.

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Replacement
Cons
  • Customer service

BestBuy/WorstBuy as it applies to GEEK service. | Best Buy review

First I sought out an Ipad mini for my grandsons birthday. The hardware cost between them and WalMart was pretty even, but the warranty was night and day different. Bestbuy was almost the price of another Ipad for 2 years while WalMart was a flat $90. Covers 2 screen breakages etc. Bestbuy is not in the running. Then, I mistakenly bought a desk top HP computer from them and just because I didn't buy the extended warranty, when I had an issue they wouldn't answer my question, they wanted me to bring it in and they'd look at it for $60 or I could return it (I was under 30 days) but had already transferred all my stuff plus put MS Office 2013 on it. The problem was the wifi adapter setting. I got the information on line and fixed it myself. However, BestBuy is only user friendly when they have enough of your money, and they seem to never have enough. I think STAPLES is a much better retailer!

Walmart'a insurance covers 2 cracked screens for $90 and thats it. Best Buy'a will last you the full 2 years, it doesnt matter how many times times you break it.

Which plan sounds better now? Yea.... definately go with Walmart's sounds *** enough to me. And about your computer, they don't have time to diagnose your petty problems over the phone plus it's hard to diagnose computer issues over the phone when you don't have the brightest people describing what's wrong with it.

You will have to stop acting entitled for a day and actually bring bring your computer to them. They cant diagnose or magicly fix it over the phone. The return policy is 15 days not 30 and they were still willing to let you return it yet you still b!#ch because yiy expect to be treated like royalty.When you buy a car from a dealer ship and you need it worked on, they will charge you unless you car is under done kinda warranty.

Just because you bought the car from them doesn't mean they'll fix it for free. Same thing when you buy a computer from Best Buy, just because you bought it from them does not mean they will fix it for you for free or run a diagnostic for free.

Review
Cons
  • Geek response
Preferred solution
I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future. Problem solved!

Don't buy best but | Best Buy review from Glenarden, Maryland

If you purchase something from a company, they should make it their priority that you are happy with their service. My children bought a new computer at Best Buy. It was not the greatest computer in the world but it was the first one that they bought with their own money. It computer worked fine for a couple of months and then it stopped. No power was being delivered to the machine. I believed the problem to be the cord. so we eventually went to buy a new cord. but none at the local radio shack worked. We called the geek squad who built the computer. They found all the information on when we purchased it and then said that we needed to go back to best buy to solve the problem so off to Best Buy we went Computer in hand so that we could match the cord and get back to school work. But no,.. they said we would have to go to the manufacturer via the internet to solve the problem. Why? because the cord would have to be replaced and BestBUTT, a technology store does not carry that kind of cord. NoNoNo. What if I had no access to the internet at home other than this dead computer? Why is it Best Buy can't go online right here in the store to contact the Manufacturer "HP", and order the cord for me, have it sent to my house asap so that I the customer will be happy and continue to buy products from Best Buy and "HP" Why not? Are they selling technology or junk? It seems to me that junk and junk repair is what they are interested in, for you see if my kids had paid the monthly service charge for their brand new computer then they could do something resembling customer service. Now the only service they offered angrily to me was a service charge of $70.00 to see if the cord was the problem, you know "plugging it in..." Radio Shack did that for free

Why can't best buy hold your hand and blow your nose and tie your shoe. Why should they make a claim FOR you when you shop at radio shack. You should have had radio shack make the claim for you since you're so helpless and can't call the manufacturer with the contact information in your warranty brochure yourself

Do you honestly believe Geek Squad built the computer?

Also, most of the power cords in the store are not the one you get in the box. They are universal ones that work with all brands.

It's a warranty, so the manufacturer needs to replace the one that it came with. That's the manufacturers responsibility

ShaneMa shove it....Worst Buy Internet stalker...let customers complain in peace...

I'm sorry, but you expect ENTIRELY too much from best buy. Most stores offer a 30 day warranty with a product at NO COST TO YOU.

"HP" as you call it offers a one year warranty with your product. Once again, for free. Best buy gave you the proper info to get you back in working order. You choose not to get an extended warranty through best buy, and they provided you with exactly what you paid for.

Neither best buy, or geek squad built your computer. You purchased a prebuilt HP branded computer through a store.

You are at fault here. Not the store.

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • child first computer purchase

Disappointed. Saved Best Buy From a Costly Mistake

I'm very disappointed with Best Buy. After alerting them to a mistake, which could have cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales. Their response? First, all they offered is a 'tank you'. Then, when I sent an email to their customer service, they offered a $10 gift card. Seriously? A Best Buy customer saves their company hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, alerts them to a pricing error they knew nothing about, and they offer a $10 gift card? I won't be alerting them to pricing errors on their website any more. Here's a clue for Best Buy: when a customer informs you of a major pricing error that saves you from hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, reward them with something more than just a $10 gift card.

What would they do without you?!?! I had no idea you were so important to Best Buy.

You're right though, a $10 gift card is not enough. You deserve at least an $11 or $12 gift card.

What you did for Best Buy is amazing. We are all honored to have you posting here.

@Anonymous

I second that motion, you deserve a cookie!

MattD78

"We try to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other Site content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.

Prices and promotions are subject to change, and may vary from those offered in our stores. We cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order. Despite our best efforts, rarely an item in our catalog may not be available, the offer may have been misstated, or an item may be mispriced. For any of these reasons, we may cancel your order or we may contact you for instructions on the order."

In other words Best Buy says prices can change or are in error, and if that happens they will cancel the affected orders and notify you of that.

Best Buy obviously protects themselves from egregious pricing errors, they don't need your help.

The $10 gift card was a courtesy. Not only are they under no obligation to 'reward' you, they have no need to since they simply would have cancelled the orders and pointed to their price policy that says "price was in error, too bad".

Prices of pre-orders are subject to change. There's a chance someone would have reviewed it in the weeks before relief.

You also have no idea how many sales they were going to have any for how much margin.

The set could sell for $125 and they might only actually make about $5 on the sale.

Don't consider yourself high and mighty.

I should also note that the pricing was on a pre-order set for $15 when the actual retail price of the item was more than $125. Since an unknown number of people set a pre-order for the item a very expensive Blu-ray boxed set, so much for Best Buy showing gratitude.

View more comments (4)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card
Let the company propose a solution

My Toshiba Laptop Arrived by UPS in a Totally Crushed Box | Best Buy review from Hendersonville, North Carolina

UPS delivered a box with my new Toshiba laptop and it was totally smashed. Looks like the truck ran over the box. I'm guessing it was damaged by UPS, but regardless, someone has already opened and resealed the box. Now I have to go to UPS and file a damage claim. I've been on the phone twice for over an hour trying to get the problem resolved without success. I'm going to the store to drop it off and hopefully get a refund. I will never buy another product from Best Buy, and will avoid UPS deliveries like the plague.

A couple of words of advice going forward. If you receive a a package from UPS or Fedex with what appears to be damage to the case open it on the spot in the presence of the delivery person. If the item inside was damaged you're off the hook for it.

Also as much as I hate Best Buy unless they didn't properly pack the item the fault is with UPS not them.

Shut Up MattD78 Worst Buy Bully

MattD78

So if you are saying it was UPS that damaged the laptop and the box why are you blaming Best Buy? Did they tell UPS to crush your laptop?

Do you think Best Buy is happy with UPS about this? Why isn't this complaint under UPS? Best Buy didn't do anything wrong. They gave your laptop to a supposedly reputable shipper expecting it to get to you in one piece.

And for that apparently you won't shop with them anymore. OK.

View more comments (2)