3377 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, USA
1.1

had a hp laptop for 2 years motherboard went, took it to geeksqad sent it out to diagnose problem 400 dollars to fix problem I said no way they didn't care no credit no help oh thingsn aren't made like they used to be excuse. no satisfaction we were good customers but no more!

wen were charged 35 dollars on top of that to send it out because the geek squad could not figure it out aren't they supposed to know ? I called the best buy 800 number and all they did was take some info and entered it into their system. the woman said they don't make things like they used to. what kind of a comment is that?

that does not help me at all we are out over 800 dollars for a hp laptop that only worked for 2 years and not very well! we didn't buy a cheap laptop but its no different!

I think it was defective an or refurbished very unhappy with bestbuy! they lost us as customers>

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Laptop Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Cons: Talking to people who dont care.

Comments

MattD78

" sent it out to diagnose problem 400 dollars to fix problem I said no way they didn't care no credit no help oh thingsn aren't made like they used to be excuse." OK, I can't tell if you paid them $400 and they couldn't find the problem or if you said no way and never paid them. Since you said you are out $800 I assume you paid them the $400 to fix it but this not very clear.

Also HP laptops like almost every major electrical appliance have a 1 year warranty, after that it is up to you to fix it and Best Buy, HP or whoever can charge whatever they like to fix it.

And perhaps next time shop around local computer repair shops for a better price. Either way the only reason this is Best Buy's problem is if they could absolutely not fix your problem and still charged you $400.

Best Buy Reviews