WARNING if you order online for in-store pickup!!!!! | Best Buy review from Ann Arbor, Michigan

5.0
WARNING: CALL BEFORE PICK-UP!!!! I ordered a charger that was "In-Stock" yesterday and paid online. When I went to pick it up today, they told me the order was cancelled because they couldn't find it. The customer service rep offered no resolution. I won't have a charger for another week. The inventory system was inaccurate. But all these things don't really upset me. What upsets me is that Best Buy never called or e-mailed to let me know the order was cancelled. I drove an hour and a half and spent a half hour in the store. For nothing. And it could have been avoided with a 30 second phone call or an automated email.

It's true that sometimes the website will say we have something in stock and we won't actually have it. Even though that's the case when we "no-pick" an item, saying that we don't have it, it should automatically send you an e-mail, or whatever e-mail address you have setup with your account, and tell you that we didn't have the item at our location.

@Warehouse Employee

Totally understand the inventory being inaccurate. I worked retail for many years.

But I didn't receive an e-mail notification that my order was cancelled.

Maybe a bug in the system? Don't know, but it should definitely be taken care of moving forward.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Competitive prices
  • Wide variety of products
  • Knowledgeable staff
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Best Buy would apply the same customer service to its online customers as it does to it's face to face customers; focused on personalized service, care, and consideration. And it would be gravy to get $16 for the four gallons of gas I wasted. ;)

FALSE ADVERTISING | Best Buy review from Tampa, Florida

5.0
went to purchase a bundle deal that was offer in the bb ad for $349.- at time of ck-out the item rang up $449.- I ask to speak to a manager instead they called a rep lead from the game dept he was very rude and a lair and tells me there is nothing he can do and walks away ..so I ask to speak to the store manager here comes another lead rep and tells me ok it is the same item we will honor the price give me a minute I will be right back here I waited 30 minutes and she never shows up so I asked once again to speak to the store manager which then I was told was not avail she was interviewing new hires so they get the manager from the geek sq after explaining the problem she calls to the back to see what happen to the lead rep and tells me shes coming now here the 2 rep show up with some copy about misprint and a extra copy for me now really why would I need a copy ..so we all know thats what they were both doing back there that took 30 minutes the first rude rep try to tell me that was posted by the console if it was why did he not get it immediately because we all know that ad was not posted any where in the store to start with I could not find the item and one of the store rep give me the item from the shelf when I showed him the ad..I am an elite best buy customer never had such a worst experience than this one no customer should ever be treated like this no matter what the situation is .. (citrus park best buy )

There is no "elite" Best Buy customer. All are treated badly.

Best Buy Deal

Best Buy - Replacement Review from Lake Forest, California

5.0
They lied to me about my replacement plan for kindle fire tablet.. they told me I should have it because my son would be playing with it. Said I could even smash it with a hammer and they would replace it. He dropped it on the ground and this little kid that has no idea about business said it was excessive damage. So I got screwed out of a total of 600$. I shopped the all the time but never again. I spen t 9000$ there last month through my business. I'd rather pay more somewhere else than ever shop there again.
Best Buy Replacement

Razer Blackwidow Keyboard Was Not In The Box It Had Been Swapped! | Best Buy review from Culver City, California

5.0
I was on holiday from Australia and purchased over $600 in Razer products from their Culver City store. I get home to find that one of the Razer Ultimate Chroma keyboards I paid $169.99 for had been swapped and inside the box was a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate worth $109. Contacted the help desk, they are useless. They told me I had to return to America to swap it, ($1800 for a return ticket), then they told me to give it to a friend or relative in America to swap for me, I don't have anyone in America. Spoke to the store manager, nothing they can do. Clearly this is has been swapped in store by staff, a customer couldn't do it, too many cameras around. I was willing to pay postage to return the item so they could send me what I paid for, they won't. That's not how we do customer service in Australia, surely a huge company like that could afford to send an item to Australia to exchange and give me the product I paid for.
Mayeli

Firstly,when was the last time you purchased a Razer keyboard? They are intricately packed.

It takes quite a long time to get the cable to fit properly in its little space. How is a customer going to do that and then make it look like it hasn't been opened? Why hasn't the store manager any power to do anything about this issue, why be a store manager then.Secondly I have contacted their help centre via email numerous time to be told a different answer every time. They don't even check previous emails they have sent you and just give you the run-around.

Who am I to contact next - Hubert Joly the CEO of the company? Your are pretty quick to defend them, work for them do we?

@Mayeli

Work at staples actually, and simply tired of all the bs I see and hear of people assuming people in positions like mine are corporate lapdog trying to cheat customers at every chance we get.

You assume it was an employee because you want to, and aren't willing to believe it could have been done by a customer.

Believe me if some people want to steal or do something they'll find a way. I didn't once say it couldn't be an employee but simply stated you don't know it was an employee. He'll for all anyone knows Razer made the mistake.

The store manager is there to manage the store but they need a physical person for the return, they don't really have the power to change that. The store level is really quite low in the scheme of things.

For something like what your going through honestly corporate would be the only ones I can think of that could resolve the problem.

As for how far you've contacted you stated nowhere until this comment that you tried more than customer service help desk number and the store, so I spoke based on what information I had.

I am sorry to hear about this and do think they should try to work something out with you. And wish you luck in trying to get this resolved.

Ok first you don't know it wasn't a customer that swapped the items, the cameras aren't going to be monitored at all times if they have reason to suspect something is off they may review the tapes.

Maybe there is something they could have done for you, maybe not but the store manager has no power in this matter. It appears they want an actual person to do the return in person. From the looks of it you haven't tried contacting anywhere higher than the store level and lowest level of customer service reps, who aren't going to have much power.

Keep Best Buy out of Australia. They already are a virus in the US and Canada.

View more comments (3)
Review
Pros
  • Prices
Cons
  • Not getting what i paid for
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
5.0
I have spent lots f money on varied items at this best buy. I have been a loyal committed dveoted consumer. I have alerted the media and many social media outlets, I have reported them to the national retail federation in fla. I have told tons of people about this and...

You say that they can't articulate but u can't fu#!king spell or type correctly. My favorite sentence is this one : "They never have no knowledge of the product you call about." Before u start criticizing employees from there and calling them *** you should probably learn how to not talk like a *** redneck.

You're probably just mad because one of these *** turned you down.

Throughout all of your ignorant, redneck rambling, there isn't one valid complaint. You can't spell or type go back to 4th grade.

View more comments
Best Buy Customer Care
I can't believe this had happened to me - Best Buy review
I can't believe this had happened to me - Best Buy review
I brought something from best buy. I went to return it to be told that my item was returned already. If that's so. How do I still got the item with the receipt? Embarrassing. I can't believe this is happening to me. The manger of the store was very rude. All he had...

I started taking my computer in to Best Buy because I don't like the person they send to my home to fix it. He stays here too long.

I had to tell him I had to run an errand in order to get him to leave. I believe he was playing games.