Filter by rating :
filters

Best Buy Doesn't Stand Behind Their Warranty!

My DVD Recorder died 3 days after I bought it. I purchased a "Product Replacement Warranty" so I thought I would be covered. WRONG! We couldn't get it to act up in the store. I was told that I had to do without my recorder while they sent it in to be checked by whoever does that for them. I mentioned that the warranty that I was holding in my hand didn't say anything about sending the DVD Recorder in to be fixed. It said that it would be replaced. The GeekSquad guy looked at my receipt and said, "Do you see here on your receipt where it says PSP?" I said yes and he proceded to tell me that a PSP is a Product Service Plan not a replacement plan. I explained that when I bought the plan the checker said "Product Replacement Plan" and said that it would be replaced if anything happened to it and then handed me my receipt stapled to a warranty that said PRODUCT REPLACEMENT PLAN. How am I supposed to know that even though she said one thing, the PSP on my receipt meant something totally different? Even after explaining that, I got nothing except a more information regarding the process of sending in the DVD Recorder. I was told that if it didn't act up within the first few minutes of being checked they wouldn't waist their time checking further. They would then charge me $36.00 for the "check up" and send it back to me. By this time I was very upset to say the least. I asked to talk to a manager. When the manager came out from the back in his favorite team jersey he seemed annoyed to have to even talk to me. He told me that if Best Buy took back all of the things that stopped working for their customers they would go out of business. My question to him was, "Does that mean you only sell junk?" I was assured that they only sell high quality items and that this is their policy. I pointed out that sometimes in the name of good customer service policy needs to be broken. He looked at me like he hadn't ever heard the words customer service. In my opinion, Best Buy is there only to see their sales increase and they have no interest in helping out their customers if they have a problem with the products that were bought there. I have no doubt that I am not the only one that has experienced this. By the way, I went home and called the manufacture of the DVD player. They bent over backward to get the problem fixed. I now have a new player courtesy of the manufacture. No complaints there.

I bought a PSP on my Ipod because the salesman said the battery would need to be replaced every year and if I took it to a service center myself it would cost more than my Ipod to fix it. So I bought the PSP, battery went out 2 years later, took it in for repair under their extended warranty that I paid an extra $70 for and still got charged when I got the Ipod back without even informing me ahead of time.

If it broke only three days after the purchase, then you can just exchange another one, no? They have a 30 day or something like this refund policy.

rangrant

:sigh I've purchased extended warranty plans from them. My trouble is getting through the phone tree maze then once you get in the right area, one is placed on hold forever. Their service is really bad.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Sales Manager

BEST BUY...30 days, 15 calls..no repair for warranted item

Best Buy TV with extended warranty...30 days and 15 calls later it will be another 10 before part is available. Today, consumer services is "closed". It is Thursday, 10:30 a.m.???? AZ Time. Here's the shortened description of events....TV has a solid white line across the bottom of screen about the size of a thick pencil line...call 888BestBuy. Spent long time on hold while person is doing something, result.."I bought the wrong warranty". Sends repair request, service company schedules appt, cancels because order is COD and not "warranty". Call 888, told can only be solved if I go to store. Go to store, many managers discuss "wrong warranty" and "solve mystery". Service company calls but "can't take TV off wall". Call 888...disbelief on their end. Many minutes on hold while they solve...nope, its true repair company will not take tv off wall. Repair company...has 1 tech. Has another guy that will remove tv from wall but then it will have to be taken to shop and it would be 6-8 weeks for repair. Otherwise they can fix it in the house. Geek squad sent to take tv off wall but they show up unannounced. TV has to be leaned against a wall and is inoperable. Call 888. Repair appt not set. That takes a 1 week. On day of appt, appt is cancelled because order is sent...COD. Call 888. Order resent but no appt for 1 week. Tech comes and says "ALL REPAIRS LIKE THIS NEED SOFTWARE THEY HAVE TO ORDER". Not some white pencil lines but all require certain software. 10 days. Call 888. Ask for consumer relations...transferred and disconnected. Call 888...transferred and disconnected. Call 888....consumer relations closed, please call back. Time 10:00 a.m., Thursday, August 28. Gheesh! TV against wall, inoperable. Time lapsed: 30 days. Time estimate for completion...40 days.

Ridiculous Company | Best Buy review from Laconia, New Hampshire

My complaint with this BOGUS company are many, but I will narrow it to two-APR AND LATE FEES. I closed this account as a result of being charged double interest on a 6 months no interest purchase in addition to late fees, I was late on the account twice and I was charged an astronomical amount of money as a result causing my bill to double for 1 item purchased in 2003. I was late on the account twice in 2005. I don't understand the reason as to why any company would 1. increase APR and 2. charge a separate interest for being late on an account two times in the history of the account. The account has since been paid off, but I don't advise anyone to get a credit card with this company. Then when contacting representatives they say there is nothing that can be done! It is an absolute rip off!

Umm...every credit card is like this. Best Buy's card is through HSBC.

You're the numbnutz that shouldn't have gotten the card in the first place. Or maybe not, they made more money thanks to you're stupidity.

Don't you realize, this is how they get people! It is your own fault for being late on payments.

In the FINE print they let you know you will be charged late fees, and due to being "unreliable" your APR goes up.

Is this your first credit card? They do this all the time!

Best Buy Sucks

First of all we opened a credit account with Best Buy and then we bought a dishwasher, we went to the store to pay off the whole bill they said we had to call or go online to pay. So we called they said that it would cost 15.00 to pay using our checking account, but it was free if you paid online so we went online set up a account and paid them but a small mistake on our part (when we put in our checking account number I was off by one number) they sent us a confirmation number saying thank you for your payment. Then 3 weeks later they send us an email saying our payment was late!!!!! So we called them and found out we had entered a wrong account number, they even charged us a bounced check fee of 25.00 and a 29.00 late fee so as my husband is yelling at them on the phone that they should have contacted us as soon as they found out a day or two afterwards that we got our account wrong he was put on hold he then was sent to a higher up who he yelled at for awhile he put him on hold for a half hour. He was on his cell phone so he decided to use the house phone to call them back and say HELLO I'M ON HOLD!!! so he argued with them for another 15 min on the house phone and he got so mad he just hung up. We wait a few days and then call back to pay them the bill and we went online paid the bill made SURE our info was correct and got another confirm letter. The very next day my husband gets a call from Best Buy saying what are we going to do about the late payment! (the higher up had waived the late fee when my husband was yelling at them). It was just a matter of payments passing the "late call" deal. We won't be doing business with best buy again and certainly will be telling every one we know about their tricks and scams.

so you putting the WRONG account number is the banks fault?

in fact, those charges are simply because of YOUR mistake not best buy or the bank.

oh yes, the typical yelling theory.... all customers think that yelling with get them somewhere, well in this case it did, 25 dollars back.

seems to me you still owe 29 dollars, call them again and yell at them again like an animal and maybe they'll fix it again.

Last but not least, I love best buy's TRICKS and SCAM for something you committed, do you EVEN have any other credit cards? do you know what a late fee is?

Another dead end discussion... if it was walmart / circuit city or any other company you'd still be *** because of something you did.

Good luck

Best Buy Deal

Best Buy Credit Scam-no help from salesman

Opened a Best Buy for Busniness credit line at the suggestion of the saleman at Lafayette, La store. said no interest for 18 months, first bill i get includes interest!! emailed and called several times. after 3 months they corrected it. THEN, after the 18th month, and paying regularly, they say they didnt get my last payment and want to charge me the 20% interest for 18 months. Will never go back there untill something is done to correct this.!!!!!!!!! Peter Lemoine. . Also, nothing in my application mentions the no interst plan, and there was no way to know I would be charged the full interest if the total was not paid ontime.. ridiculous

Best Buy refuses to return/replace defective TV

Do not buy big ticket items there - they don't care about their customers, and their service plan is a joke! I bought a new, Samsung LCD TV on July 4th, 2008 and spent $2500 on the TV and peripherals. A week ago I noticed that the frame that surrounds the screen was detaching from the rest of the tv on one side. Since I purchased the protection plan, I called and scheduled service, and had to wait a week to get service since I work Mon-Fri. Today, the tech showed up and told me it was a cosmetic defect and therefore not covered (then why did they let me schedule a service call in the first place and why did they sell me a $220 service plan that covered "everything"??). The 1-800-Best-Buy customer service rep dug up a footnote in their protection plans that "accidental and intentional physical damage" is not covered when I complained that no one had explained to me that so-called cosmetic issues were not covered by my protection plan. For the record, this footnote is NOT LISTED on the brochure that Best Buy gives you that describes their Home Theater Performance Service Plan. To add insult to injury, the rep refused to authorize letting me exchange the TV in store since I was past the 30 days exchange/return (as of today it has been 51 days). I am SO FURIOUS with Best Buy - it's not like I'm trying to return the TV after using it for two months. I just wanted to exchange it for a TV free of defects, which is what I thought I was getting when I fist bought it! So now I have to go through the hassle of trying to get Samsung to replace the TV - oh joy, they're sending out a tech, but they're claiming that cosmetic and physical damage is not covered under their policy either - I think I'm going to scream!! Two months ago, I was excited to make my first big ticket electronics purchase and it has turned into the worst shopping experience of my life. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT BEST BUY AGAIN, which I told their customer service person (not that she cared).

I doubt any reseller would exchange that tv. It took you 50 days to find a flaw, they think you dropped it!

I know ur pissed at the situation, you'd be better off dealing with Samsung. To the commet above, BBY mismanaged?

Have you seen Circuit City's stock price. Go buy your *** online and see what kinda of customer service you get!

If you simply do a little research on the internet you'll see that Best Buy's customer service is a joke. I've never seen so many complaints related to a single retailer's CS department.

In fact, simply ask a few people you know about BB.

I guarantee that at least one of them has had an awful experience with this poorly managed company. After my horrendous experience, I am on a personal campaign to discourage as many people as possible from patronizing Best Buy.

I have nothing for my $800 | Best Buy review from Kansas City, Missouri

I purchased an HP laptop from Best Buy in March. It had Windows Vista installed. At first I thought the instability was just Vista, but it turned out to be a bad CPU. They did not give me any problems replacing it but they did not have the HP I wanted so I got a Toshiba. It turned out to have a bad USB port, keyboard and the same instability problems, plus it randomly popped out the DVD tray. But by this time the 14 day return policy had expired. They said they could fix it but could not replace it or refund my money. I reluctantly agreed. Of course I checked it out at the store and it seemed to boot up ok but when I got it home the USB port was still bad. I took it back the same day. This was the third strike, I was ready to be done with them. But they refused to replace or refund it this time, insisting that I give their service department one more try. The promised that it would be a week and one week later when I went back it was still not ready. They said to come back the following Monday and it is now the following Monday and still no computer. They told me that if I had purchased their extended service plan that they would have replaced it no fuss, but in the same conversation insisted that it was not about money. Best case scenario is I will be getting a computer that has been opened up and taken apart at least twice, resoldered at the USB ports and then put back together again, twice. Worst case scenario is that I am lead away from Bust Buy in handcuffs by police for assaulting one of the geeks. At this point I am resigned to the fact that I have thrown away $800.

Or you could just get the service plan and saved yourself all the trouble. But feel free to assault someone. It would be a bit of a mistake.

... and the hits keep coming.

Tell everyone you know about how lousy Best Buy is.

I am on a personal campaign to deny that store as much business as possible. Care to join me?

POOR BEST BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY (PSP) SERVICE

I bought a 62" HDTV (Mitsubishi) from Best Buy in November of 2005 and paid $400 for a 4 year extended warranty. In the approximate three year time frame of owning this television it has been broken three separate times with an average repair time of 1.5 months and the longest time being over 2 months. The repairs are often costly and take several trips to try and repair. This most recent malfunction occured in June of this year. It is Aug 15th and is still broken. They have been to my house twice to try and rerpair the TV with no success. The technician told them it would be best to replace the televeision, but they denied the request. They ordered parts to be shipped to the service center in late July. These parts never came so another request to replace was submitted on August 11. They once again denied the request and began to research the parts. The parts were determined to be on back order so another request to replace the television was made. This request is pending with no end in sight. I was told by a customer service representative that they are trying to wait to see if the parts come off of back order before proceeding with the request. I am in a tough spot with no television and no end in sight. All I want is my television repaired or replaced, either is fine with me. However, they do not seem to be concerned with the amount of time this process takes nor the quality of customer service that is being provided.

Unbelievably horrific treatment by Best Buy

I have NEVER had such a HORRIFIC experience as I did today at Best Buy. This is a long story but read on and you will be astonished. I am a contractor, and on 06/06/08 I purchased a window unit A/C from the Best Buy in West Windsor, NJ. I installed the unit and it seemed to work fine. Within a day or two my customers left for vacation and upon their return weeks later, discovered that the A/C didn't work. I removed the A/C, took it back to the store on 07/08/08, and they tested it (because I am a liar) and gave me an new identical unit. Again, I installed the A/C and it seemed to work fine. Once again, within a day or two my customers left for another vacation. When they returned, the new unit wasn't working. I brought this second unit back on 08/12/08 and again, they tested it (because I am a chronic liar). The unit performed OK but still showed some signs of quirkiness. The manager offered to "do me a favor" (his words) and allow me to either get another unit (yeah right!) or give me store credit since I was past the 30 day exchange period. The kicker here is that I was told the 30 day exchange period started from the day of the initial purchase!! The other option offered me was to have the unit sent out for service. Great, my poor customers can continue to sleep in the living room because their third floor bedroom is too darn hot! Under normal circumstances I would have had both units returned to the store within days but due to my customers' vacations, it was impossible to do this. After the second unit failed, I had been instructed by my customers to get a new unit elsewhere. I told the manager this so his offer was simply unacceptable. Due to these unusual vacation circumstances, all I wanted was a credit to my MasterCard. I was told by the manager, who could not have been older than 25, that a refund was out of the question. So I asked to please speak to his manager and he said HE was the manager--no way! I then asked to whom else I could speak and he said to call 888-BESTBUY. I asked him to call and he handed me the phone! When I got a busy signal I hung up the phone and continued requesting to either speak to his superior or give me a refund. The manager continued his insistence that this was impossible. Finally he said, "This conversation is over," and began to walk away. We continued to banter a little and then I simply left the store. So I called 888-BESTBUY as instructed, spoke to a CSR who gave me the same scripted lines. I asked to speak to his manager. After too long of a wait, his manager got on the phone, gave me the same run-around, and when I asked to speak to someone higher up, she claimed there wasn't anybody else. I suppose she is the CEO!! I continued to insist that she allow me to speak to someone over her and she HUNG UP ON ME!! I am appalled at the manner in which Best Buy treats its customers. In their employee's own words, Best Buy is doing customers a "favor." Are they favoring us by allowing us the privilege of shopping there? I was under the impression that retail operations exist to serve the customers! Additionally, it's not as if BB is the only electronics store around. I do not think my request for a refund was unreasonable, and I understand the need for a return policy, but is there no room for an exception considering the circumstances? Oh, that's right, to BB I am a liar like many of you who read this might be if you attempt to return a defective item to BB. As I explained to the BB manager, my customers have now spent far more money for my labor than the $270.00 for the A/C! If either unit had performed properly, I would have saved myself three trips to BB, two installations, the numerous trips to the third floor bedroom for installation and removal of the A/C and the incredibly disrespectful treatment by BB employees! As I mentioned earlier, I am a remodeling contractor. My customers are mostly residents of an upper-class town and they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for appliances when I do kitchen renovations. I am amazed that BB would take the risk of losing so much additional revenue over $270.00. BB certainly will no longer get my recommendation, in fact, I will discourage anyone from patronizing BB. In addition to me, BB has lost another customer in what I think may be the beginnings of a domino effect. Upon recounting my horrid BB experience to my customer, I heard the words, "I'll never shop there again either!" Major BOOOS to BEST BUY!
#411929

I hope you still have access to these posts, because best buy is still up and running with over 1100 stores in the US and Puerto Rico, Canada, Turkey and even China. Best buy doesn't need customers like you.

They would rather lose your business, then constintly take returns because you think you are above policies. If you get so angry over a simple return policy and one kinda annoying experience, I feel like by now, years later, you will refuse to shop anywhere.

1.You must not be a good "contractor" if there were 2 A/C units that went wrong!Sounds like something went wrong with the install

2. Check your receipt for return polices

Plus there is a big board infront of customer service and the front lanes stating the return policy.

3. The manager didn't have to offer you anything...

4. Get over it and start respecting other people

I've got a simple sollution to a portion of the exchange policy. Once the item has been exchanged within the 30 day time frame, start the exchange period over. A new item should still receive the same policy, regardless if it is the replacement or not.

This is not to say that a return is done numerous times. It is, to me, obvious that the person who made the original post had a defective item. This should send a red flag up, thus allowing the customer to be allowed to have the cost of the item transferred over to a different brand. Though, I will say that the manager did attempt to do something like this. Instead of getting your money back, try getting a store credit and buying a better quality item.

I don't work for Best Buy, nor do I shop there that often, but when I do, I get quality items. I also, no matter where I shop, make sure to fully understand the store's return policy just in case. Whether it's on the back of the receipt or on a blinking neon sign, if I don't fully understand it, I ask questions and get answers.

Juliet

Wow! Can't believe the comments.

It WAS bad customer service to walk away or hang up on a customer. When I worked at Dayton's in MPLS we were taught to go above and beyond for the customer whether they were spending 2 dollars or 2,000. You don't think we had our share of "crazies" and thiefs. We still treated everyone as if they were equally important of the president of our company.

If you are so sick of people that you have to give them bad customer service then it is time you found a new line of work. This is why people go back to the mom and pop stores because they know they will get treated better there. I shouldn't have to worry about getting good customer from one day to the next depending on who is working.

Stores like this loose out on a whole generation of older folks to buy trying to pull things over on them and the fast talking and not listening to them. It's really sad.

Actually, I've seen worse customer serivce at Walmart, Lowes, & Kroger. I've never had a problem with Best Buy, ever. I've been shopping there for well over 10 years and I have made a lot of close friends there.

Maybe you should have bought a brand name A/C instead of Best Buys A/C. Just because you go to Kroger to do your grocery shopping doesn't mean you should only get the Kroger brand of food.

In all fareness, they do offer great Gadgets & Gizmos and Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Plans on almost everything you buy. If you're to daft to get it when it's clearly going to help you out in the long run, I don't feel sorry for you.

It's not Best Buys fault that you get *** customer service, they didn't start out that way. Its the customers that act like jerks that ruin everyones good character. And I know you're thinking "well that's still not good customer service". Yeah, but maybe you can do your part and have good customer etiquette, then you will get good customer serivce in return. And not really just speaking to you, I think everyone should be a better person as a customer and as an employee.

I worked a retail job when I was in high school and I saw a lot of ignorant, mean, liers that tried to take advantage of me as well as my store. Of course they're going to think the customer is lying. I don't know any people anymore that don't lie about the smallest things. Its pathetic.

I had people come into my store to trade in video games for cash that CLEARLY were just stolen from another store not even an hour before. People are disgusting.

Oh and James James, I've seen instances where people open shrink-wrapped games and DVD's, swap out the game or DVD, reshrink-wrap it and return it.

Sorry if you're mad that not everyone is on your side, but maybe you could take a step back and see that: you're not the only one with problems, Best Buy isn't the worst place in the world, and life is still going on as it always has. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Just check out the Democrat presidential nominee!!! And this is not a racial comment unlike your implication of my being racist by thinking of you as "white trash." Perhaps what I wrote could be interpreted as "painting with a broad brush," but I was specifically referring to you and your poor use of both English and grammar -- which continues in your current posting -- and the mental midgets with whom I've had contact at Best Buy.

Your customer paranoia is still disturbing. I will agree with you that there are many OBVIOUS cases of people trying to play the system. The facts in this case, however, are entirely different.

The a/c units were both returned in perfect physical condition -- no negligence, no 3-year-olds. The problem with both units was identical. After initially working fine, each subsequent time they were turned on, they would blow cold for a minute and then never blow cold again. Each unit was used less than 24 hours.

These units were installed through a wall, not simply placed in an open window. If they worked properly, why would I take the time to install / uninstall and then trek to BB 3 times?!

I am not blaming BB for the a/c units' failures, as you continue to insist. What I want is for the store to take responsibility for the products it sells. As a contractor, I take full responsibility for both the labor and the products I sell to my customers.

Attempting to argue, "It's no different than a guy trying to say 'hey why don't you do the job and I'll pay you after,'" as an argument against me will not work either because it is exactly how I run my business. I do not require my customers to give me a single penny until they are completely happy with a finished job. I have work scheduled for months in advance and I don't advertise at all; my customers are extremely happy and tell others. I am not a scammer, but I suppose you don't believe me.

Define fair treatment. How about crediting a customer's charge card after the store has failed to provide a satisfactory product two times and then subjects the customer to rude treatment?! Is it fair that after said failure, the store then demands that the dissatisfied customer continue to shop in the store by holding the customer's money hostage?

Yes, I do believe that BB attempts to hide its return policy on the receipt. I have many, many receipts saved and I believe all of them have the return policy printed on the front and not the back side as is the practice of BB. Companies put a great deal of planning into even the smallest details including where to print the return policy on a receipt. This is not an accident. And to try to compare a contract to the back side of a sales receipt is, I think, a little bit of a stretch.

As to when the return policy begins, your "one or two year" argument does not apply here. If one simply compares the dates on the purchase and return receipts, it is glaringly obvious that both a/c units must have been installed and used within a 30 day period of being taken from the store. The plant illustration....? What are you smoking?

Lastly, I think before entering law school, you would be well served to take a memory retention course. Writing, "I'll see you on black friday bud!" reveals short term memory loss. Remember, I am NEVER shopping at Best Buy again! Add to that the numerous friends and family members that I have spoken with who have taken the same vow. Quite a few of them have had similarly horrible service from Best Buy, including my pastor. But I suppose he's lying, too.

From some financial reports I've seen, BB might not make it until Black Friday so you may be unemployed before too long. While I don't wish you any personal / financial harm, I will continue to do my best to discourage anyone from patronizing Best Buy.

There have been alot of hits on this posting so I hope the anti Best Buy message is getting through (and this isn't the only posting of mine!).

I love your presumption of my lack of education, but hey if you "must" know I will actually be attending Law School soon... I must be quite uneducated white trash.

In fact, what I love the most is the "stereotype" of people like you that thinks any Best Buy/Retail employee are uneducated but hey that's another topic.

Anyways regarding the first comment:

" An adverserial attitude toward the consumer can hardly be the best foundation upon which to build a business."

Unfortunately too many customers try to scam businesses. You said you work in construction/remodeling.

It's no different than a guy trying to say "hey why don't you do the job and I'll pay you after."

I've had customers trying to return stuff that is broken because of their negligence. Unfortunately because of the scammers and liers we inspect everyone so if you want to take it "personal" go right ahead. You'd be surprised at the allegations of customers by "it's not working" when their 3 year old CLEARLY stepped on the screen of the device. Again though, it's Best Buy's Fault.

You feel upset because we're checking on your allegation? In fact you should be happy that we do to make sure IN FACT it is defective and potentially harmfull if used

Comment Number 2:

"How about just fair treatment? And if BB was so concerned about its customers knowing the return policy, why do they hide it on the back of the receipt where nobody looks? The backside of the receipt is usually reserved for cheap advertising which is also ignored.Even more ridiculous is BB\'s policy that the return period begins with the initial purchase. So if something is faulty and exchanged on day 30, then the new product fails on day 31, the customer is at the mercy of BB\'s generousity?!"

Define a fair treatment for starters. The manager telling you "hey you can get store credit so go ahead and return it" wasn't good enough? In fact it wasn't because you wanted the money back. Now the funniest thing "don't put the return policy in the back of the receipt because noone looks at it".....so if you sign a contract and don't read the fine print that's also not your fault correct (oh wait sorry I didn't see the "hidden" clause)? In fact, to be honest, they can print the return policy BIG AND BLACK and all of you would still be here arguing that it's not "fair".

At the end, you not looking in the back of the receipt is your fault or my fault?? how is that hiding the return policy? It's even posted PRINTED NICE AND BIG by the cashiers.

Now let's talk on when the return policy should start.... how in the world (unless you're extremely unrealistic) would you know when an item was installed or used?

I've had customers that have bought laptops and have not used them whatsoever in a year or two. Yet, the return policy should start when they open it right? 365 days later..... quite an unrealistic expectation from ANYONE. It's like you buying a plant, the plant dies after a month and you go back and tell them "well, I was gonna use it next year so can I get a new one?"

Comment 3:

"I have never had a problem returning a defective item to any other retailer.Does anyone still need convincing that Best Buy is not the Best place to Buy anything?"

I'll see you on black friday bud!

In conclusion:

In my opinion, what the manager did was the outcome that we "tried" to satisfy your problem. It wasn't enough since you wanted your money back which couldn't be done due to the return policy violation.

Next time, read the return policy because I'm sure any other store would have done the samething.

Been working in retail too long and I do intend to follow commercial Law in school FYI.

GOOD LUCK

The arguments posted by those who apparently work for BB are quite revealing. Demonstrated here for all to see is the level of immaturity possessed by BB\'s employees coupled with an educational deficit.

When these traits are linked with BB\'s indifference toward consumers, it becomes clear why there are countless complaints concerning BB\'s customer service.Another Unrealistic Customer\'s inablility to think rationally is astounding. To compare an a/c return to a DUI stop is nothing short of ***. In addition, if one takes note of the tone of Another Unrealistic Customer, it will become quite clear why BB\'s financial status is trending downward.Unrealistic clearly reveals BB\'s attitude toward its customers by stating, \"...FYI; we DO THINK every customer is lieing to us..\" An adverserial attitude toward the consumer can hardly be the best foundation upon which to build a business.Another comment by Unrealistic also speaks volumes, \"I\'m sick and tired of customers expecting special treatment AFTER knowing the return policy.\" How about just fair treatment? And if BB was so concerned about its customers knowing the return policy, why do they hide it on the back of the receipt where nobody looks?

So if something is faulty and exchanged on day 30, then the new product fails on day 31, the customer is at the mercy of BB\'s generousity?!Also note the attitude of non-accountabillity: \"Perhaps I miss the part in where BEST BUY MAKES these AC\'s.\" According to this logic, a retail store can offer products for sale without assuming any responsibility for the products\' quality or operation -- a trial lawyer\'s dream.I will, however, take Unrealistic\'s advice to shop elsewhere. I have never had a problem returning a defective item to any other retailer.Does anyone still need convincing that Best Buy is not the Best place to Buy anything?

Try to find the comments written by the Best Buy employees.

"... the manager DID do you a favor"

sorry about that

why do you think ou deserve special treatment for this "case"??

I'm sick and tired of customers expecting special treatment AFTER knowing the return policy.

If you're drunk and you get pulled over do you tell the cop "CAN YOU JUST LET ME GO....YOU KNOW BREAK THE RULES ONCE"

The customer DID you a favor. In fact, he's going ABOVE and BEYOND his duties by "offering" you a store credit to buy another one. Perhaps I miss the part in where BEST BUY MAKES these AC's.

In fact, maybe your customer was probably even more *** by saying "don't buy it at best buy."

That's more unrealistic and *** that you expecting an actual refund.

The treatment by the employees which YOU call rude is because we're sick and tired of people EXPECTING special treatment like they're god.

NEXT TIME SAVE US ALL THE HEADACHE and go buy an AC somewhere else where they're going to give you the EXACT treatment because of your lack of "Down-to-earth" syndrome.

If both AC's went do you really think it's the AC's???

I'd probably say maybe as a "contractor" why don't you offer a surge protector?? TWO ac's failing is a LITTLE rare; and FYI; we DO THINK every customer is lieing to us therefore we test EVERY PRODUCT for defects because a lot of people are scammers and that's NOT the way to do business.

Next time here's an idea:

Buy the PSP or at least tell your customer "Hey if you want to, you can get the PSP for 3 or 5 years for about 40 bucks more and if anything goes wrong we'll take care of it..... service it or replaced it"

that's the way to do your business.

Unfortunately, noone can make you happy, he offered an exchange and you said no. what you wanted can no longer be granted but yes it's still best buys fault.

GOOD LUCK

Best Buy has the worst employees. I had a similar run around when trying to return an unopened (still in plastic rap) dvd...

I even had the receipt.

But, no, their 25 year old manager said I stole and copied it... and he must be the BB god because there was no one else to talk to.

Never buy anything from Best Buy!!

View more comments (11)
Best Buy Installation

Refused Refund! : ( | Best Buy review from Los Angeles, California

I just had bought a Bluetooth from BestBuy. Left state for an emergency. Tried to call where I bought it. To explain that it did not work well-NO ANSWER for several days. Upon my re return I was 5 days past the 30 day return policy. BestBuy wouldn’t let me return item w/out receipt. I explained it didn't work well and I was unable to contact them by phone from the other state I was in. Called corporate, they pretty much told me they didn’t care I had an emergency and to quit bugging them

Ok. Seriously cindy? Best Buy has locations EVERYWHERE. Unless you went to alaska, which I highly recommend you move so your phuckin dumb-a$$ is not around society, you can return the product at any Best Buy.

As far as your "emergency", who cares. A policy is a policy. Speeding is not justified by an emergency. Its still speeding and your dumb-a$$ is putting me at risk.

Douche-f@g.