Filter by rating :
filters

Best Buy and Geek Squad

I purchased a car stereo from Best Buy online and waited 90 minutes for Geek Squad to install it only to find out that they did not have all the parts to complete the job. I was then referred to another locations who did not have the parts either. Fortunutely I called the next location instead of wasting my time. I then called the Best Buy consumer relations department to file a complaint and to see if the needed radio harness was available in the metro area. It was not and the only solution suggested by the respresentative was that I see if another business could install the radio... da heck with Best Bunglers and Geek Squad

used Geek Squad to replace my lamp assembly and they sent it to a third party to have it fixed and charged me $$150 to pick up set and a additional $400.00 for parts and labor. When I called Best Buy they offered me a $50 gift card for my troubles. I will never use Geek Squad again to repair a tv.

Lowering Credit Card Limits | Best Buy review from Greensboro, North Carolina

I went to the store in Winston Salem, NC to purchase a $34 dvd and was told at checkout that my Best Buy card has been declined! I had a $2200 limit and over $600 available credit, so I immediately called their toll free number and was advised that my credit limit had been lowered and I had an available credit of $9! I have had this account for over two years, always paid double the amount of the minimum amount due and have an excellent history with them, which the customer service rep on the phone verified. They are lowering limits to just above what is owed on the charge cards and I find this outrageous....I have closed my account with Best Buy and recommend you do the same. The do not value their good customers and do not care if they are damaging your FICO score, so I may as well close the account and shop somewhere else.

If you have bad credit on any other credit or even mortgage accounts, they will lower your credit limit. It's not their fault you have bad credit.

Household runs the credit accounts not Best Buy read your bills right broke@$$.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy Warranty is a JOKE

I spent $429 for a "No Lemon" item. I have had the laptop back 7 times now and they still not will replace it. Best Buy continues to say it is software when the same software works on other computers. How does software make the computer do "Ghost Like Behavior". Geek Squad agent had the computer do the "Ghost Like Behavior" in front of him. Then when he saw his boss and told him what the computer did he called the agent a liar. Never buy anything from Best Buy again. Best Buy agents have seen the computer act "Crazy" but tell me that while I am standing there watching computer that I do not see what I "See". Go to Office Depot they stand by their warranties.
Tom

You don't "no lemon" on software issues, it has to be qualified repairs. :roll

I guess I would say take care of your products better. As for the ghost behavior I got nothin.

Thats why the damage plan is great....drop it on the ground and then take it into them. You cant fix whats Fed up!!

No lemon is on the 4th time it goes bad. Get your math right and learn to read what you pay for.

So I bought a HP laptop from Best Buy and it's back in for repair for the third time. Is there anyway to get satisfation? I purchased the extended warranty for $179.99 - what a joke!

View more comments (3)

Beware Best Buy service/replacement plan

After 4 attempts at repairing my TV I was given a replacement code to exchange my TV for another "comparable" TV I bought a 60" sony for $3800 and was offerred a Mitz for $2000. I made the mistake of buying to many items at Best Buy over the years the salesmen were so convincing the service plans were reputable. Now, amnesia sets in and Best buy will not replace my TV. I am on my way to small claims court. Has anyone else suffered this sad Bad Buy legacy. I am rolling the dice with court for 25 dollars, in hopes of getting a fair exchange, any advice is welcome.
Tom

I agree. Best Buy never offered that you were getting your purchase price back after the required repairs, so if you want to go into small claims court, waste everyone's time AND more of your own money, so be it. :roll

Dante

I have to agree with the last comment. I used to work at Best Buy and standard practice was to look for a comparable model as far as features go. Size, connect-ability, resolution, refresh rate and etc.

Keep in mind that products, especially electronics go down in price. Did the Mitsubishi have comparable features?

I bet it did! You just want something better than what you purchased, not equal to.

The plans don't cover upgrades, which is what you would get if it was based on price instead of features. You're going to waste your money by going to court, this is standard practice.

View more comments (2)
Loss

The worst cust. service and interests. BEWARE! | Best Buy review from Orlando, Florida

Best Buy does suck. HSBC is the bank they deal with to run their credit card. Not only are their interest super high, they have VERY FEW options for paying the bill. They NEVER work holidays , so even when I was trying to make and on time payment ONLINE it was late! As a result of that, the interest would skyrocket as well as LATE FEES which are ridiculously high as well. They also take way too long to take the payment out of your bank account, resulting in the person forgetting about that payment! Not to mention the annoying aspect of their non-english-speaking costumer service dept. SUCKS!

when i first opended an best buy account,i made it clear that my payments would be on the first or second of the month.

come to find out they have been charging me $35.00 a month on late fees.

my minimum payment is 40.00 a month.i pay 150.oo. a month,so i can pay of this account faster.yet i'am late on my payments.even though.i have not missed on payment.i am late.35.00 a momth.

in late charges. what a ripoff.

Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy Cape Girardeau, MO

At the end of July 2008 I purchased a Blackberry Curve from Best Buy in Cape Girardeau, MO. Toward the end of November, I picked up my phone and it felt very hot. While trying to hurriedly get the battery out, my phone quit working. I tried to call Best Buy numerous time on a mid afternoon and the phone was never answered. (According to manager that is a constant problem). I then drove to the Best Buy store and it was sent off. I had purchased the Best Buy warranty at $7 per month (which is useless - $125 deductible plus add your $7 per month and you can get a new phone cheaper). Corey, the wireless manager, stated I would get it back in 30 days. I stated I felt it was unrepairable and he said will see. After hearing nothing for 35 days, I called the store. No answer. Finally stopped by the store and Corey said he knew nothing and apparently did have the time or the care to find out what was going on. I called the store and actually got a person who also stated she knew nothing and suggested I call 888BestBuy. After holding for 15 mins, a person with that dept stated my phone should be repaired by 1-23 - a full two months after I brought it to the store. On 1-9 I called the 888 line because no one returns my call from the local Best Buy, and they could not get anyone to answer as well ! On 1-14, the 888 line got ahold of Corey and he stated he had emailed his district manager and told them he would call me next day. He never did. On 1-19, the 888 line got ahold of Corey, he was in a meeting with District Manager and "Promised" the 888 line he would call me back. He never did. On 1-20, the 888 line person called the store and asked for a manager, she was able to connect me to a Justin. I explained to Justin I was simply trying to find out what was going on with my phone that I have been without for almost two months, etc. He was rude and stated I would need to come to the store and speak to him and Corey. Corey was off that day and I was told to come in the next day after 3:45. That is today. I went to the store at 4:10 and was met by a rude manager-Justin. At this point, I am insulted by the amount of time I have spent trying to simply find out the status of my phone. Both AT&T and Best Buy 888 line says I would have been better off to have not purchased the Best Buy warranty. Justin states that my phone was not repairable so they sent it to the manufacturer. He has no idea how much longer it will take nor does he offer to find out. Why I had to come to the store to find out this information vs him telling me on the phone the day before is unknown. He also has the nerve to tell me Corey has called me numerous times. I told him that is not true and he has never left a message. 888Bestbuy has everything logged and knows that is not true but they are worthless too. At this point I simply want my money back so I can purchase a phone elsewhere. I spoke with AT&T, and they have noted on my account that when I return phone, they will make me eligible for upgrade so I can purchase another phone elsewhere. It has been an insulting and degrading experience dealing with managers Justin, Roman, John, and Corey as Best Buy in Cape Girardeau, MO. I called again tonight the 888BestBuy number, they speak with Justin, and I am told I must contact the manufacture regarding my phone - not them. They can not give me a phone number to call. I call AT&T and they give me the number for Blackberry. Blackberry, of course, can really not assist me because there is no tracking number. She can not believe I have been without my phone for two months now. She states repairs are done within 10-12 days. I do not know what else to do. I want my money back now - not the phone. I never want to experience this rude, insulting, degrading, appalling customer service again. I just want this over. Oh, and when I did purchase the Blackberry Curve, Corey, the manager, transfer all my information from my old phone to my new Blackberry. He did not save the numbers (250 business numbers) to the sims card so I lost all my numbers as well. I called Better Business Bureau today and filed my first claim on a company. Over the last 3 years, 11903 complaints have been filed on Best Buy. Best Buy will not supply me with a district managers name and number nor will the 888 line. I am throughly disgusted and do not know what else to do.

Best Buy in Middletown, RI horrible

My 5-month old HP laptop ceased functioning so I returned it to the Middletown, RI Best Buy. I was told by the Geek Squad that it had a bad motherboard and had to be mailed back to HP for repair as part of the manufacturer warranty. I was called a week later by the Middletown Best Buy Geeks and told that they found the problem and had a quote for how much it would cost to repair. I told the Geek that it was under warranty and was supposed to be mailed to HP. I was told that the Geeks had no record of this. I asked to speak to a manager. I never did. Two weeks later I was called by Best Buy and told that my laptop was repaired. Upon picking up my laptop I was told that it had been tested by the Geeks and that it worked just like new. I tested it myself and it still was non-functioning! I was clearly lied to by the Geek Squad. I asked to speak to the manager. I was told there wasn't one available. I asked that a manager call me. They never did. I still have no idea what is happening with my laptop. The Middletown, RI Best Buy is a disaster and should be avoided at all costs!

My Asus computer is now one year old and I am very happy with it. However, a couple of times, I ran into some software problems and the Geek Squad support I had was miserable.

They obviously were looking at ways to get money from me. They couldn't fix my problem with the free support over the phone and said that I needed to use the pay service, but luckily I was able to find a solution by searching the internet. These were problems that their phone support should have been able to handle.

I definitely didn't extend the Geek support beyond the 3 or 6 month free period, it's basically a scam. Other than the Geek Squad support, I have no problem with the Middletown store and was exceptionally pleased with the knowledgeable support given by employee Phil when choosing a computer and other products such as a musical keyboard.

#332026

I just received my laptop back from the same best buy in middletown and they said that everything was working perfectly. mind you, this is the 2nd time in the past week that i had brought my laptop back to them and i just got off the phone with them saying that the same problem is happening and they told me to send it in to dell to have it fixed.

i just paid an arm and leg to have it fixed by them and it was NEVER fixed! such a waste!

I had a very similar warranty experience with BB in Middletown on a Gateway laptop.

They were very unsatisfactory to deal with.

lesson learned......avoid geek squad and avoid best buy. get it repaired by hp ..... you're probably better off doing that.

Same type of problem hp Sucks

View more comments (4)

Best Buy

They should switch their title to not the best buy since they have the worst refund policies. For instance, you can purchase a pair of headphones that only last a few months which is after their *** 30 day policy. Even if you go to the manager they'll make you wait a long time before they talk to you about ship that you already know or don't wanna hear such as "you have to go through the manafacturers of the product" which is freaking annoying. If they were reasonable when refunding something that has a short warranty, then maybe people wouldn't be PO'd over it.

Seriously, what's with attacking the messenger? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if Jon Doe had a bad experience then who are you to be a *** (or a ***) about it?

@You two are something else

because JonDoe's complaint is invalid, you can't get mad over being past the 30 days. The only way anyone would let that be returned past the 30 days is if it's still brand new and sealed in it's original box/packaging and even then that's at the manager's discretion.

So if I were to purchase a laptop that dies 2 years later, I should just get a store credit? O ok, that makes sense.

Your seriously dumb. Your argument isn't even a real argument. And maybe if you think before you speak, you would realize that a return policy is a return policy, no matter where you go. And if you don't like the return policy, don't shop there.

Obvious. And you calling me a "butt muffin", makes you sould like a child.

It does make sense, if you use your head for once. If someone purchases something and the product dies the stores should give the buyer a store credit even if it's past 30 days.

Maybe if you think before you speak, people wouldn't consider you to be a butt muffin.

#411916

most stores have similiar, if not the exact same return policies. just because you bought the cheapest pair of headphones they sell and they died, doesn't mean its up to best buy to replace them once you're outside of the return policy.

and so you know that you have to go through the manufacturer, but you;re too lazy.

yet you'll waste your time on here complaining. yea, that makes total sense.

View more comments (4)
Review
I went in to the Best Buy in Irvine CA, to purchase a Sony NVU94T GPS unit. The unit was on display for an advertised price of $199.00. I waited for someone to come and help me for over 45mins. I finally located the stores general manager, Louis Vo. He paged a sales...

Sorry gleasonbill57, but what you described is not bait and switch.

That you had to wait for 45 minutes to get help (your perception, anyway) or an answer is more of an issue.

You see, we run new ads every week, and there is a chance that some locations will run out of some items. If it shows up in the fliers that week, we have the ability to get you a raincheck on the advertised item. If not, we can order it through another channel, like bestbuy.com. We offer to do that first. It is within the perview of management to offer another item for a like discount, but it's going to vary from store-to-store. That is not "bait and switch" - check the law.

If the attitude you demonstrate here is anything like what you displayed at the store, I can understand why you met with such resistance. You should have taken Coral up on her offer.

View more comments
Loss
I took my newly purchased computer to the Geek Squad located in the Best Buy, Parker, Colorado store, where I purchased the computer, to have my Word files transferred from my old computer to my new one. The Geek Squad representative promised to have the data transfer...

Hey there...I'm working on a story regarding new age ways to complain to companies to get some resolution. Would you be willing to chat with me Friday about your experience at Best Buy in Parker?

I can be reached at 303.832.0614 or marshall_zelinger@kmgh.com