Best Buy - Where's the Customer Service???

It all started the day after Thanksgiving, "Black Friday." I decided to order via bestbuy.com and I purchased $307 worth of items using my best buy credit card…I was also taking advantage of the no interest on purchases of $249 or more. Dec 2nd I rec'd an email stating that there was a problem with my billing and if they didn't hear from me they were going to cancel my order. So I called the number listed in the email and spoke with a CSR from bestbuy.com… was told that they were going to send the order through again and that she wasn't able to tell me exactly why it didn't go the first time. I said that was fine, didn't see a need to investigate further, all she said they needed was my authorization to process the order again. Dec 3rd I rec'd another email stating that there was an issue on the billing and my items might be canceled. So, I went online to view my account and to my surprise my account was overdrawn ($196.27). I called bestbuy.com and got the run around. After the 5th person I spoke with I was told to call HSBC. I called HSBC, after the 3rd person it was determined that bestbuy.com charged my best buy card twice on Black Friday, 2 charges of $307 each, no duplications on the products just twice the charges. I was then told by HSBC that they couldn't reverse the charge without bestbuy.com approving this…which meant I had to call bestbuy.com back and then have them call HSBC. Oh, and in the meantime I rec'd another email regarding billing errors in which 2 items on my order were canceled!!! Now where was I, yes, after 2 hours on the phone trying to get a credit of $307 back on my account I thought everything was fine so the call ended. Dec 4th I look at my online account balance and notice that yes, a credit of $307 was issued back to my account but the items that were canceled on my order were still charged to my best buy card. So, I called Bestbuy.com since by now I knew the process was to call them first and have them call HSBC on the other line…anyways, after speaking with 3 people and a supervisor I was assigned a case# and was told someone would call me back. 2 days later no one ever called me back!!! I then proceeded to call bestbuy.com and go through the process again only to be disconnected after an hour on hold and in which I was being transferred to the 3rd person who I was told would be able to help me. I didn't call back, instead I took my business elsewhere to purchase the products that were canceled and told everyone I know what happened!!!!

my name is peter im trying to send back a phone that i buy over the phone w/bestbuy what do i do my email is king1652003@yahoo.com

might not be exclusively a best buy problem but it doesn't help best buys image with the public. good way to make a person feel good - tell them they'd get the same bad service everywhere. makes a person want to come back for more.

@mac

Again, this was a BESTBUY.COM problem....not an issue with customer service at the store. :x

Tom

This is not a Best Buy exclusive problem, and underscores why we will always have B&M stores. :sigh

View more comments (3)
Review

Best Buy Stores - can't pay your credit cards there!

It's ridiculous that you cannot pay your Best Buy credit card bill at the store. I have a Best Buy store 1/4 of a mile away and I can't go there to pay the bill, which takes 5-7 days to mail. I usually do all of my billing electronically, but if I don't give myself 7 days - it's late. Then, I called the customer service number and was on hold for 15 minutes to tell me they can take my payment over the phone but there's a $15.00 fee. Late fee. SUCKS!!!

hey, it is best buys fault. i know home depot credit cards are managed by citibank usa and they take payment in store, best buy just doesnt want to invest in easier customer service.

The poster is right the rest of you guys are being idiots. If best buy is the one offereing the card (who cares who its through) they should be able to accept payment in store it only makes sense.

For whatever reason such as internet breaking down, emergency that puts your mind away from mailing bills etc.

you should be able to go into a store and pay face to face, the internet is a convenience but heck we should be able to still pay face to face. But hey one day if are legs evolve off thatll look pretty neat :roll

@T

#1...you can call and make a payment over the phone, same day.

#2...you were made aware of all the rules when you applied for the card (by law).

#3...you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions.

#4...as of late, Best Buy does allow payments to be made in the store, by cash or check only. :roll

They clearly tell you that you cant make a payment in the store. Its not best buys fault that you wait to make your payments late.

They send the bill ahead of time so you have time to make your payment. Dont blame others for your inability to pay your bills.

i remember in the old days when i had to walk in the snow, 10 miles uphill, both ways to pay my bill on me horse and buggy. it took me two days to get there, and three to get back because i wold stop at ole bill jones tavern, and the hangover cost me a day.

that was when we used rocks to make calculations, and we called turnips "rocks"!

we didn't have belts, we used a piece of rope to hang me belt up!

you young uns have it easy with your inter nets!

Hey, Pissed711, you know what's even closer to your house than the Best Buy that is 1/4 of a mile away? It's called your computer!

I would guess that it's so close to your house, it's IN your house. And no, it does not take 7 days for a payment to go through on their website. If it does take 7 days, that's your *** bank, not Best Buy, so take it up with them.

A payment usually posts to your account within 1 business day.

And take it up with HSBC if you are upset about Best Buy not taking payments in the store. They are the credit company that actually handles the cards, and that is why payments cannot be taken by Best Buy.

You obviously know it takes seven days for the mail to run, so why not just send it sooner like everyone else does? At this point you know you have waited too long to pay your bill on-time, and now you're pissed about having to pay a late fee (which you agreed to) AND having to wait on the phone to pay it?

GROW UP!

View more comments (6)
Product
Best Buy Credit Card
Loss
Beware that an off brand product does not get you the same customer service as a more expensive brand. I recently purchased a notebook laptop, ASUS at $249 from BestBuy. After 40 days we had screen issues. I took it back to BestBuy hoping for and exchange or credit...
Tom

Personally, I love my ASUS...and I have dropped it, kicked is, pulled it from a table, spilled water on it...basically, done everything but sit on it; still working great!

Yes, I got it from Best Buy...returned; aka previously owned. :eek

MFG's warranty's come down to four simple words; DEFECTS IN MANUFACTURER'S WORKMANSHIP. Believe me when I tell you, your backside coming into contact with a computer (in ANY fashion) doesn't qualify under those terms. :x

View more comments
Loss

Best Buy's Insignia Brand LCD TV is no Good.

Bought an Insignia 50 inch screen in June of 2008, well in first week of July 2009 it has a red line down the center of the screen I did not get the extended warranty, who thought you would need it in a year. Worst part it was a beach house and did not have over 150 hours of use. Went into store 6 days to a year after buying it and only Had one guy working there trying to back date and work with me. The television manager was a chicken and would not come out and speak to me. I will never set foot in this dump in Myrtle Beach SC, if you can not back up your house brand one week out of warranty I do not need you!

What part of "out of warranty" don't you understand?

What...and now it's taken you another five months to complain about it?

If you would have spent the extra hundred when you bought the TV, you would have been singing a different tune. You made that decision...GROW UP!

Loss

Best Buy Customer service/management is horrible!

I bought a $500 camera, battery, memory cards and an extended warranty from the Best Buy in Tallahassee in January, 2009. I bought it from Best Buy because of their warranty and the fact that the sales person told us that if we bought it from them and started having issues with it that the store would swap it out. I started having issues with the focus on it and took the camera to them to have it swapped out for a new one. I wasn't trying to get anything other than a replacement of the exact same product. I talked to the Geek Squad person first and he stated that they would have to send it off and it would be gone for 4-6 weeks. I'm a photographer, my son is due any day and my daughter's 1st birthday was in 3 days. This was not an option and it wasn't what we were told when we bought it. He brought over the manager on duty who had to take him in the back room to get the scoop before talking to us. He stated the exact same thing that the Geek Squad guy told us. When I told him what we were told at the time of purchase his comment was "Well that's wrong for the salesperson to tell you and I'm sorry but I can't honor that." After a few minutes he started to walk away from us. I asked if he really was going to just walk away and not help us. He stated that he had told us what he would do and that was the end. My husband asked if there was someone else he could call and we were given the 800 number but were told that they would tell us the same thing. We walked outside and called the 800 corporate number. We talked to a lady named Helen who in turn called the store and the manager told her that if we would come back in he would swap the camera out in the store for us. We walked back inside after only about 10 minutes and approached the manager. He looked at us like he didn't know who we were and when we told him that we were there to swap the camera out as he stated to Helen from Customer Care, he stated that he never said that and he wasn't going to help us. We left that night and went back in to speak with the store manager the next day. This unprofessional man didn't even have the common courtesy to look at me when I talked to him. He kept looking around at everything else but me as I was explaining the issue. He stated that he would send it out and he was sorry that we were told wrong by his salesperson but that he wasn't going to honor that. His only comments the entire time was "That's your opinion" and "You aren't happy because you aren't hearing what you want to hear." I have several issues with this Best Buy: 1) One of your salespeople states to a customer the return policy and while it may be wrong, it's what was told to the customer and you aren't going to honor that. 2) My niece had a camera mess up and went in to the Best Buy in Ft. Myers, Florida and the manager swapped it out for her. 3) The pamphlet for the warranty does not state anywhere on it that an item will be sent away for repair as the manager kept trying to point out to us. 4) Both managers were unprofessional and refused to even assist us with what was told to us by their own employee less than a year before the date that we went back in there. 5) There was an African American woman in there the first night we went in returning at least 5 electronics without a receipt and the manager was jumping all over himself to return these items, however, I feel that because my husband and I are white we were discriminated against. I did not get the respect of the actual store manager looking at me while I was talking to him. 6) The manager stated that the 800 corporate number did not control what he did in his store and that they can't tell him to do anything, therefore he was CHOOSING to not honor what we were told at time of purchase. 7) The manager on duty told Helen from the corporate office whatever it took to get her off of the phone hoping that we were gone so that we would be someone else's problem and he wouldn't have to deal with it. When we went back in to talk to him he didn't have the common courtesy to stop moving tvs that were laying on the floor in order to assist us. I will NEVER buy anything from this store again. Between my husband and I and my inlaws we have purchased 3 cameras, a stove, several laptops, refridgerator and numerous other items. All have had extended warranties and this is the first (and last) time we have had issues with the warranty. Why would I have paid $137 for a worthless extended warranty if I could have simply shipped my camera off to Nikon for $10? the ONLY reason I bought from Best Buy is because of what the salesperson told us and for both managers to act as if we were the *** of the earth trying to pull something over on them. The store manager stated that the only suggestion he had was for us to buy another camera for over $500 and have him ship off my camera and return the other camera as soon as I get my camera back. The problem that I have with this is that you have only 14 days to return electronics and if my camera takes 4-6 weeks to get back I won't be able to return the new camera. I asked if he would take the new camera back and he said only if I returned it within 14 days. How does that help and how is that honoring what your salespeople are telling your customers? It doesn't and I'm sure that if I was the same color as him and his assistant manager that they would have helped. I'm going to ensure that I tell everyone that I know not to shop in this store and if they do not to trust what the sales people tell you unless you get it in writing. Or if your skin color matches the managers you will be fine.

Wow. Best Buy employees commenting here blaming the customer!

The truth is that those Performance Service Plans (PSPs) aren't worth the receipt that they

are printed on. Even if they changed the terms of their so called PSP, they would have to honor the terms at the time of the purchase. True, the underpaid teenagers that work ther

don't make comission. That's one reason the service is so lousey. Next time buy from Amazon, Microcenter or HH Gregg. They stand by the customer. Just ignore these Best Buy employees that comment here. Afterall, THEY are the reason you're posting here.

Tom

So much BS on so many levels...

An autofocus issue, more times than not, is caused by operator error. It certainly doesn't keep you from using the camera. Outside of 14 days and up to a year, defects fall under the manufacturer's warranty, and retailers are held to that. If it's something outside of defects, then it falls under the terms of the Best Buy warranty. However, those determinations are not made in-store; they must be diagnosed at the servicer. If THEY determine it's unrepairable, then they will authorize the store to replace the item. THAT would be when they would "swap it out". And, just in case you feel it was misrepresented, check the copy of the terms and conditions of the warranty that both the manufacturer and Best Buy supplied you...READ THEM.

Anyone who's a PHOTOGRAPHER doesn't base their whole creative life by one camera. By the same token; Anyone who IS a photographer can use even the lowest model DSLR and produce results that the casual "picture taker" would deem exceptional. Purchasing a DSLR doesn't make you a photographer, any more than standing in the middle of your garage makes you a Cadillac. Savvy? :x

NOBODY at Best Buy has a problem with the color of your skin; it's the color of your money that counts. And just because you felt you had to get your way to be satisfied doesn't make you right, or give you a right to berate employees. You were respectfully offered adequate solutions to your problem by two different managers, and you refused them both. That's your decision. Knowing what I do about Best Buy, I'm pretty sure "Helen" also offered you a solution that was also not what you wanted to hear, so she put it back on the store for a final decision.

Here's another solution. Return your Best Buy service plan, take $10 of it and send your camera to the manufacturer and see if you get any better service. :sigh

Matt - For your information, it doesn't matter how expensive of a camera you have. You either have the eye or you don't. Of course I'm sure you are one of those people that believe that you have to have the most expensive for you to be the best.

1- what photographer buys a $500.00 dollar camera? D3000? right...

2- yes they will replace it for you, if there is no fix for it or if the fix is more than the cost of camera

3- you were the difficult one here, they were doing their part, fixing your camera. and what kind of photographer only has 1 camera that they can't be without one for a month?

this story is hard to believe... they might have mistated themselves, but i'm pretty sure you are leaving somethings out.

what you purchased was a service plan, not a replacement plan. It is not going to be swapped out and the reason they are not going to honor it is because employees are trained on the policy and alot of the times customers come in and believe that if they say "well, someone in your store told me this!" when they know there employees are trained it's usually a customer trying to get by on the store.

unfortunately for you and other customers, Best Buy has it's own *** artist to worry about and the honest customers have to suffer for it. As for your niece she probably returned in return policy im sure.

View more comments (4)

Black Friday Disappointment at Best Buy

We received inappropriate and likely illegal treatment at the Simi Valley store and by the Corporate office phone line. A group of us loyal customers, stood in line in front of the Simi Valley store on Wed. November 25, 2009, until Black Friday, November 27, 2009, in hopes of purchasing their advertised laptop for sale in the amount of $197. We were amongst the first 10 people in line who were guaranteed a laptop. We were advised the store had 40 more laptops on a first come first serve basis. On their website, it stated this was a ticketed item and only guaranteed a certain amount of customers to receive this item. Come 3 am, when the employees were handing out tickets, we were advised that they were not handing out tickets for this item. One of the employees said the reason was because consumers have until 9 am, once receiving their ticket, to come and pick up the item. This allows them to receive their ticket at 3 am and go to another competitor store and do their shopping there before 9 am. By not ticketing this item, it prevents them from leaving the store, therefore, they will shop and spend more in the store. We were advised that at 4:40 am, they were allowing the first 10 people in the store so they can be guaranteed their laptop, followed by increments of small groups every few minutes. Upon entering the store, we had asked the manager where could we find the $197 laptops. We were advised and directed by an employee to follow the red balloons and stand in line within the red tape. At 5 am, the cashiers would open and then we would be brought out our laptops. This way the first 10 would get their laptops guaranteed. Little by little, people were flooding in and grabbing items, while we all just watched and waited for 5 am. At 5 am, we were called up to the register 1 by 1. I was the 3rd person who was to get a laptop and my group followed, along with the other families we got to know by spending two nights out in the cold, camping out in front of the store. When I got to the register I was told that they were all out of the laptops. Of course this caused pandemonium amongst all of us who sat out there since Wed, to be guaranteed a laptop! The management team was so unprofessional and advised us that it was our fault we did not receive the laptop and no one told us to sit out there since Wed. Of course this did not sit lightly with everyone. The employees kept advising that they only guaranteed the first 10 people and the rest was at a first come first serve basis. We kept trying to tell them we WERE the first 10 people and had been sitting out there since Wed to guarantee our spot. The employees were not listening to us and were very rude and condescending, even one manager, Jason, jumped up on a stool and started yelling at us telling us to get out of the store. It even got to the point where they called the police on us. Now, while sitting outside the store since Wed. afternoon, we got to know the police in the area. They had patrolled by and kept an eye on us, for our safety. They even would come by and have friendly conversations with us about our shopping spree, family, sports, etc. They knew we WERE the first in line. When the employees told the police of the situation, they just shook their heads at the employees and advised us that we had ourselves a civil action case and suggested we take the company to court. The police knew that some of us missed Thanksgiving dinner with our families to guarantee we got a laptop, as a Xmas gift for our children. We can not get that quality time back. Needless to say, the police were on our side and therefore, they just left the store. A teenage boy who was standing in the line behind us for 2 days, happened to be in the area where they had the laptops and saw people who were at the end of the line outside, grabbing the laptops. He was lucky enough to grab one. He came over to where we were and heard the commotion. He knew we were outside the store for several days, he handed the laptop to a lady who was one of the first 10 people. He knew she should have received a laptop. This teenage boy knew Best Buy was wrong and that this lady should be getting this laptop, not him. For a complete stranger, let alone a teenager, to recognize that Best Buy was in the wrong, was just very upsetting and shows how their company has lost compassion for the American consumers! When this lady went to purchase the $197 laptop she was promised was the price from Best Buy's advertisement and what was tagged right on the side of the laptop as $197, the employee tried to charge her $297. Again, we all were upset because this was not the price the advertisement announced. The employee advised us that they had optimized ALL the laptops, which is $100 extra, and if she wanted to purchase the laptop and walk out with it that day, she would have to pay $100 extra. WHAT???!!??? Where in their advertisement did it say, "$197 laptop, $100 optimized - out the door $297". This is plain and simple FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! This was a scam by Best Buy!! Again, we were trying to argue this amount with the employees, which got us NO WHERE! We were again told several times that it was not the company's issues and if we had a problem to take it up with their corporate office. When asked for the number, The store manager, Adelyn, rudely stated the number out loud and told us to leave. I had asked her to write the number down as well as her name. She rolled her eyes at me and wrote the number and her name on a card. She wrote her name so sloppy that we could not even read her name. She again told us she was not going to do anything and to leave the store. Of course we were very upset and appalled at the treatment we received from a well known store like Best Buy. We were treated like criminals and forced to leave the store. We sat outside the store, trying to get a hold of the corporate office and were hung up on. We called back, and were advised it was not their issue, we had to handle it with the store. We even asked them what was the purpose of their corporate office, if they do not handle situations like this. We were even accused of being liars. After all this repetitive abuse, we decided to take matters one step further. We NEEDED someone to listen to us. The family behind us, knew of a corporate attorney. She got on the phone with him and he advised us we had a class action case against Best Buy since there were several families involved in this matter and we had a store full of witnesses. Which by the way, these witnesses were pretty upset as well at the treatment we received and how this whole situation was handled that they provided us their contact numbers so they can be a witness if we needed them to be. The attorney advised he would take the case and file a class action suit against the company on ALL of our behalves. We wanted to try to give Best Buy a chance to settle this without going that far. We were not looking to cause trouble, we just simply wanted to resolve this issue and receive an apology for the treatment we received. Again, we tried to call corporate. I spoke to a Shirley. Shirley had called the store to try to get their side of the story. She stated the manager of the store's name was Adelyn. She stated that Adelyn advised her that I had gone to another department to get another item, therefore I lost my place in line. Adelyn also advised Shirley that they only guaranteed the first 10 in line. Shirley got back on the line with me and told me what she was told by Adelyn. Now, this was very upsetting that Best Buy would hire a manager who would lie and try to turn things around like this. This not only makes her look very bad, but this is also a reflection on the company, especially with Adelyn being the store manager. First of all, Adelyn did not know who was calling and complaining. There was a group of us who were there, we were all upset and we all got on our cell phones to complain to corporate. There is no way she would have known who was on the phone since she never once asked our names to identify us. The only way she would know I went to another department to get something else is if ALL 10 of us who were let in first, went to another department first together to get something else. Which of course was NOT the case! Shirley then advised me that it now turns into Adelyn's story against mine. I had advised Shirley that I know for a fact that I was not the only one calling in and complaining and the others would have the same story as I did. Shirley told me that no one had called in and there are no complaints against this store. Which again was a lie because I was standing next to someone who just got off the phone with corporate with their complaint and there were several others right next to me on their cell phones with corporate as well. I advised Shirley it was not my story against Adelyn's. I told her I know you guys have cameras in your store and if she wanted the truth to pull the video tapes, which will show we went up to the manager and we were directed to stand in a line within the red tape behind the cashiers. I advised Shirley that we had contacted an attorney, as well as the media, and I was calling to give their company a chance to try to resolve this matter before we were to meet with the media that morning. I was then advised by Shirley to do what I feel like we needed to do because there was nothing she could do to help me. We met with Fox Channel 11 news, in front of the store, a half an hour later. We all expressed our concerns and complained about the customer service and treatment we were provided. We also expressed our concerns on the company's false advertisement. This was fraud, a scam! The news interviewed the store manager, Adelyn, who stated unfortunately they did not have any more laptops to provide us, but in exchange, they would provide each of us with a $200 gift card and a discount on another item in the store. The representative from Fox news approached us and advised us of the offer from the store manager and then left. When the group (the 8 of us) approached Adelyn to accept her offer, she then told us that she was not giving us each a gift card, she was just going to give one gift card in the amount of $200. This was ABSURD!! AGAIN, we were lied to by their employee, a manager at that!! We, of course argued again with Adelyn and advised her that we did not just stay 3 days and 2 nights in front of their store just for a $200 gift card for the 8 of us. We each were purchasing a laptop. All 8 of us did not stand in line just to purchase 1 laptop! After a while of complaining to Adelyn, she told us this was all she was going to do for us and we were not going to get anything more out of her. Adelyn advised us to deal with corporate. She stated that by us complaining to corporate, they can do more for us then what she could. Adelyn finally said she would just give two $200 gift cards to two of us and the rest could buy something else at a discount and then work it out with corporate to get something from them. I was very upset and to the point where I refused to purchase another item from Best Buy! Regardless of how good the deal was, I was NOT going to contribute another penny to a company who has NO respect for their faithful and loyal customers! Therefore, I was NOT going to purchase anything else for a discount. This whole thing has been a scam to rip off the American Consumers!! We called corporate again and advised once more of the whole situation, and were told there was nothing they can do and it should have been handled in the store with the manager. Corporate even got Adelyn on the other line so they can hear from Adelyn what she wanted them to do for us. Adelyn stated that she did not know why we were calling and she already gave us a discount and gift card. We reminded Adelyn that she was the one who told us to work something out with corporate because she could not give us all the $200 gift card. Adelyn denied ever telling us that. We kept advising her of the whole conversation that took place in the store to refresh her memory and reminded her that she told us to deal directly with corporate to get this issue resolved. We have gotten nowhere with the corporate office and with the Simi Valley store management. We wrote a letter to the CEO of Best Buy and are hoping they provide us the $200 gift card and discount for another computer, that their manager had promised us on TV. We are still pending the results of this letter. I am so disappointed with Best Buy and I am hoping the CEO can restore my faith in this company. If not, I will boycott Best Buy every chance I get!
#381993

Scott, I am sorry they did that to you too! What store did you go to?

I have not been back to that store since my experience. I would advise you to contact the CEO of Best Buy. I did and ended up getting a gift card for the difference I would have saved.

Keep letting them know how they store managers NEED more training!! Good Luck!

#381911

You counted the number of words he posted???? :x :x :x :eek :eek :eek :sigh :sigh :sigh :zzz :zzz :zzz :roll :roll :roll

I went to Best Buy on Black Friday and Best Buy sais anyone will get signed up to get the 42 inch TV at the 200 dollar price. Everyone went in and the person said we were not able to get the deal because all of a sudden the Best Buy computer network was down and that Best Buy would not be able to take customer's information. A manager told me to get out of the store and that she does not want my business after I asked why Best Buy would not fulfill what they had promised.

You're the kind of person that makes working in retail a *** nightmare.

crits you for over 9000

View more comments (4)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

I am not just pissed, I am IrAtE | Best Buy review from Lincoln Park, New Jersey

I pre-ordered a video game so I could get it on time to give as a gift. I got an email it was at the store and I could pick it up at the pick-up window. I went there to get it as I wanted to give it to someone as a gift TODAY which is why I preordered it. I was there for 1/2 hour waiting for them to "try" to find my game, while they simply assisted other customers. I told them I would be back later because I had an appointment and could no longer wait.I later called to find out if they found my game. Someone transferred me and then I was on hold. Someone picked up & told me he would go look and never came back to the phone. I called again, asking for the corporate number. The telephone operator said she would help me. She went to find the game & came back after 10 minutes of me listening to excruciatingly loud weird "on-hold" music. She said it was at the pick-up window waiting for me. I went there a couple hours later and it was NOT at the pick-up window and the "manager" gave me an attitude because I was tellling her it was the second time I was there today, having been told twice my game was there when it wasn't. She kept helping some other customer service rep with a customer. Finally I asked if there was another copy they could sell me, and she said they were on the shelf. ON THE SHELF! They made me go there twice and spend 1/2 hour on the phone, when I could have been given one off the shelf but they were to F#$@$%%# lazy to go get one. And the manager gave me an attitude when I commented about it saying. She said, "I sent someone back there to get it for you - he has to go through a million games just to find this for you" as if I had some nerve wanting to get the game I PAID FOR and was TOLD WAS THERE twice, and for them to DO THEIR JOB that they are paid to do. I finally got the game and now I have to give it as a belated gift because I did not get it in time to give it to the person who I went to see today giftless. They wasted my time, energy, and caused me embarrassment by having me show up without a gift for this person. I will NEVER shop at Best Buy again and I think they will go out of business for the way they treat customers.

I was charged for tv never got | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

ordered tv online....a day later got email it was not available. i went to store in pines, fla. they show 3..called customer service..no answer all day.for hours put on hold. at 3pm they answered and advised they had my tv at coral springs, fl...20 miles away. we got email to go pick up....we try call store for 1 hour to make sure they have tv before we go...no answer.so we go with email confirmation that they have the tv to pick up. we arrive and they say no tv, that they were sorry. we ask why no answer of phone. they say to busy..chloe sale girl talks us in buying another tv more money..we do it, and bring it home..best buy charged us for two tv"s..on we got and the one we tried online that they never had..sold out..please help..now we try customer service that never answers!!! a fraud for sure!

First, it would be a lot easier to read and understand your problem if you used proper grammar. Wow, that was difficult to get through.

You have a legitimate concern.

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY and tell them the story. However, you were *** to buy another TV until you got the first one or got your money back. You can't really complain about someone "talking you into buying another TV." That was your choice. This whole situation is not a fraud attempt by Best Buy.

It seems like just a misunderstanding and a lot of computer errors. Call that number and it will get straightened out.

Black Friday 2009 | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

RE: Black Friday at your I-70 And Tower Rd CO (Store 1134) 3511 N Salida CT Aurora, CO 80011 I just wanted to notify anyone in upper management in regards to how the Black Friday event was held at your Aurora, Colorado location. After bearing below freezing temperatures for 8 hours, with no Best Buy staff coming out to greet their consumers, we finally got word at about 330am that Best Buy staff would be coming out to handout tickets. My fiancé and I already knew wjat we were there for: $179 netbook (Compaq, which was in the ad OR HP, which was on TV). After passing up desktop pc and home theater tickets, staff member announced, "$179 netbook" we happily obliged and each received a ticket. We waited another hour and a half in the blistering cold for the 5 am opening. Upon entering the store, we were told that there is a claim ticket line. After waiting another hour in the claim ticket line, it was to our dissappointment that we were not able to do any further shopping. Furthermore, the cashier informed us that the tickets we had were for the $229 Compaq laptops. I brought this matter to the store manager in charge at that time (I think his name is Eric), and he offered no apology and did not care about the inconvenience this has caused us. We left empty handed and dissappointed. This was a very poor display of customer service and jeopardizes my loyalty as a consumer. I was not offered any other options but to come back at 9am with no regards to our 8 hour wait in the cold.
Everett

I apologize for our crew not being friendly, could have been the stress of the day, sorry again. Did it not say on the ticket which computer it was for????

I find that strange. On the side, may I say, I think I know the netbook you were looking at and frankly...it's slow and has had some issues. Perhaps it was meant to be in order to save you the headache of getting a bad apple?

I know it's not much consolation but I like to think we try very hard and make every effort. I'm sorry that a few employees give the rest a bad name.

Service
Best Buy Cashier
I tried reaching their customer service # 1888BESTBUY three times over a three day period and was put on hold each time for over 30 minutes. I was directed by Best Buy to call their number because AFTER ordering a product online and paying for the product I was...

:? on hold 20 minutes still waiting hopefully i get helped if not then ill have to deliver the package i get to the person trying to change a shipping address

View more comments