Filter by rating :
filters

Absolutely Ridiculous Customer Service | Best Buy review from Easton, Pennsylvania

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite a505 laptop online and since it wasnt available to pick up at any store near me i decided to drive 70 miles to get that laptop since i wanted to gift that to one of my closest friends who was going overseas next day. As per the online purchase thing i waited for 2 emails( first to confirm inventory and then second email confirming that product is ready for pick up). i drove an hour and half away to get to POTTSTOWN PA store. After waiting over 2 hours in the store and in those 2hours i was continuously told that there staff is looking for my laptop and also they have received the email and acknowledged it. Well u guessed it.... after 2 hours of wait the customer service girl came to me and said that i dont know how u handled to wait for this long if i would be at ur place i would have left by now but anyways u r gonna have to leave now anyways cuz they r telling me to tell u that we dont have it. I got pissed and asked WHO THEY and she said my manager and i said where is he himself. she went on to call a manager for me...... here we go again. 3 guys passed all wearing manager name tag but refused to talk and told the girl to call someone else. finally one SO CALLED MANAGER "CHRIS" came in to talk to me. Talk to me ......what the *** only to tell me that he cant do anything they dont have my laptop and since its an online order jut call 1888bestbuy to cancel my order. I asked him that i want to talk to the GM. he said he was the GM and he already told me what to do and he left. I held my anger back and left that store and called their SO Called CUSTOMER SERVICE..huh....after 3 times explaining my problem to 3 different people the fourth one was kind enough to atleast dont hang up on me and listened to what i wanted to say and went on explaining me that it happens sometimes that store doesnt have inventory. I said really so that means that ur online emails mentioning "checking inventory at store and then ready for pick up is all fake". Like wise he got trapped and didnt had anything to say. I said i need ur corporate number. he said that i can call anywhere i want but its not gonna make any difference and only thing he can do is to offer me a discounted price on a different model. I badly wanted a laptop so i looked on their website and gave him a different model. Found it in a different store and went to pick it up. Wish Would have never done this mistake again Went to pick up at the store only to find out that instead of getting a discounted price i have been overcharged. It was for $599 listed on the website and i was charged $699. don know how and don know why but it was there. called back and cancelled the whole order and came back home pissed to the extent u can imagine. I am really really looking for a way to file a complaint against this company. If anyone out there knows a way or knows any way that i can reach out to their CEO or anyone of same designation pls reach out to me at luvchatts@gmail.com. I would really really appreciate it.
Meldon R

If you're driving 2 hrs each way, you may want to call first. When it's all said and done, what did you want "Chris" to do?

*** you a laptop? He didn't have it, what did you want him to say?

"Chris" didn't email you. Get mad at yourself for not calling and the website people for having a *** inventory system.

I hope Sirrus doesnt work the P.R. for Best Buy.

You suck at it.

What did you resolve with that *** response.1 you admit your company is and was at fault. 2 instead of resolving and making things right for customer , you preach at what he should have done and try to make it the customers problem to deal with in your own known defects.Now the internet world knows how truly sorry your service is by your own admission .Yet you go even further giving the customer more runaround.Fix this..You Idiots.

Everett

I work for Best Buy. I apologize for your situation, I don't know if they're aware of the bugs with the .com thing or not, but believe me I gripe about it to a manager every chance I get.

If our inventory system is off by even 1 (which most of the time it is), then the .com will say YES it's in the store, whether it physically exists or not. But very rarely will you receive a 2nd confirmation E-mail without someone physically finding the laptop, scanning it, putting your name on it with our giant green label and placing it behind the back counter. That's procedure and your E-mail doesn't get sent unless that takes place. My guess is the laptop actually was there since you received the 2nd E-mail, but someone misplaced it.

I agree, you shouldn't have to call and double-check. But driving 70 miles...it wouldn't be a bad idea. Tom is correct. District managers don't give handouts.

Store managers have 99% of the power to award or keep. Regarding the overpricing. I've been battling this since I started. The website usually shows a cheaper price than the in-store.

However, you usually get that price if you order it for shipping to your home. Add shipping and handling and it is cheaper to go to the store. In the future, call (enter a department number, any number, it's hard for 1 phone rep to get all calls, better to be routed to the right source). Ask if it's there and someone can physically see/touch it.

Pay over phone or just ask for a 24-hour hold and pay in the store.

Use Reward Zone card, earns you points and saves your receipt in our system for returns. Best of luck and sorry about your experience.

Tom's advice of calling customer-dont-care won't get you the CEO or someone of that level. It is just a maze of people who try to annoy you to the point of giving up and going away.

I'm not sure if he is being sincere in his advice or not, but you shouldn't have to call to double check what they are telling you online. Why do we have to do everyone's job for them???

1-888-237-8289, ask for customer care.

Next time just call the store you're going to and pay by cc over the phone. Using the .com really can muddy the process, because of going through the extra steps. :sigh

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Manager
Loss
I originally purchased a Sony Bravia Television model KDL46W5100 on 12/3/09 at the Lancaster, PA Best Buy. The TV came as package with a Playstation 3 and a game and movie The purchase just by itself was a nightmare, I called in to the store earlier that day and was...

Always remember that you have a 30 day return/exchange period at Bestbuy, and it can be handled at any of their stores.

It's also very likely they'll run out of promotional TV like your Sony, because everyone seems to want one. They don't make them in the stores or at the warehouse, and when that happens you have to look for alternative ways to solve a problem like yours. They also just don't store extra boxes and packing material just in case they need to sell a display TV, and to sell a used on as new is illegal.

Maybe the better way would have been to return the whole deal?

BestBuy Store Card | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

They charged me $35 (twice) saying I paid late. I actually paid on time but they said it takes an extra 5 days to clear so technically its late. Then they asked me to pay $109 which I did to bring my account back in good standing, they didn't tell me they were going to take $15 of that as a fee for taking the payment over the phone! They refuse to refund any of the fees. As soon as I get my tax refund check, I'm closing this account. Don't shop bestbuy, they'll ruin your good credit and rip you off.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Its pretty much common knowledge that payments on a credit card will never go through as soon as you make them.

Even if its in person. Next time read all the paperwork and legal jargon next time you apply for any credit card and you won't get ripped off. Credit card companies hope you don't read the fine print. Thats how they make money.

If anything the Best Buy card (HSBC Card) is one of the best ways to build up your credit.

0% financing on most, if not all, purchases, and there are no penalties for paying it off early(god forbid anyone in this country ever do that). The lesson here is READ THE FINE PRINT and stop pointing fingers at your mistakes.

SO what if it says Best Buy all over it?

HSBC is giving the credit to be used only at Best Buy. That is why it says Best Buy all over it. HSBC is not giving you credit to use at any other place.

And Best Buy isn't giving you any credit at all.

Meldon R

Hopefully you'll one day calm down and hear how unreasonable you sound. Best Buy doesn't operate the credit card, they pay somebody else to do that.

Get mad at HSBC. Best Buy didn't charge you anything.

Typical Best Buy Response, Move the blame. It has BEST BUY all over the store card and you can only use it at BEST BUY.

Take some responsibility!!!

I do hold HSBC accountable, but I also hold BESTBUY equally accountable. I will NEVER shop bestbuy again, and I've persuaded many of my friends to avoid bestbuy also.

The "Best Buy store card" is owned by HSBC. Complaints about their billing practices should be directed at them. This is all explained in the paperwork you were provided when you signed up for the account.

Fortunately, there is no penalty for paying off your account early, as there is with some other cards.

View more comments (4)
Review

Best Buy doesn't honor online installation prices

I recently got a holiday gift that requires installation. I looked online and Best Buy was offering installation services for around $100. It looked so convenient - just add the installation to the cart, pay online, then go to the local store to get the work done. Except that when I called to confirm and get an appointment for installation, they informed me the charge would be around $300 - about 3 times the online price. When I complained, Best Buy's corporate office called to inform me they do not honor online pricing on installations. Each store is permitted to determine pricing on the spot, regardless of what prices and services Best Buy has advertised or even pre-sold online. Fair enough, but then isn't it illegal to advertise or sell installation services online? Thank goodness we learned of this policy before we ordered anything large or expensive from them! We declined to have the item installed at Best Buy and we'll never shop Best Buy again.

Discount services on things like a TV installation usually happen at the time of purchase of the product they are intended for; not as a stand alone item. Check the ad again, or provide us a link so we might discuss it further.

Best Buy Installation

Best Buy warranty means nothing

Bought a Sony 60" projection TV from Best Buy April 2004. With warranty and extras it came to $6800. TV is out for the 5Th time. TV will not last a yr without going out. Was told from their repair people, these TV'S were defected and after the 3rd time, we would get another TV. Best Buy, Sony or the warranty dept. could care less. Our warranty is out this April, so you know what Best Buy is doing. They do not CARE about customer service. I do not recommend anyone buying from BEST BUY. Their warranty means nothing.

I have a 50" HP TV that i got at best Buys. Over the last ten years i have spent alot of money there, but never again.

The TV has been out for 55 days. Three trips with three different parts to fix it didn't do the trick so the service company took nthe TV and sent a part to be rebuild and was to take two days. This was 3 wk and 2 days counting. The warranty department lost the part and the TV can't be replaced without the part being in the TV.

for best buys to replace the set it has to be in tact. Now the part has been found and is not fixed but they are sending it to the service center were the TV is so they can but it back together and return it to me so i can take the Tv TO BEST bUYS to exchange it for another TV The thing is i live 42 miles away from Best Buys and the service center is in the same town down the street from Best Buys. Makes no sence. But i have a feeling it well never get exchanged for i have been told so many lies by every one in every department This is the fourth time they said it would be exchanged so i don't belive it.

I couldn't even start to write the whole story and every lie i've been told. DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM THEM, IT WELL ONLY CAUSE YOU TIME , MONEY, AND MAKE YOU MAD!!!

"Going out" means a lot of things; can you be more specific? If you are talking about the bulbs, then I believe you might be part of a Sony class action group - you might want to check into it.

Best Buy's warranty only covers one bulb replacement, so if this is what your complaint is based upon, you're out of gas. :sigh

As much as I would LOVE to bash Best Buy, I have to call "bullshoot" on these people and their warrenty expectations. The warrenty from the manufactures covers "MANUFACTURERS DEFECT ONLY"- that is, stuff that was built wrong at the factory- it DOES NOT imply working forever!!

ALL electronics will fail eventually...they wear out! The fact that some retailers (Best Buy included) offer supplemental coverage at an additional charge on certain products (for things that aren't covered by the man. warrenty ie. heat, power surge, "wear and tear in normal use",etc..)is mind-boggleing to me- if you can guarantee that you will get X amount of years of use rather than "roll the dice" without it-who in their right mind would turn it down.

In my CC days, we had some issues with the vendors not backing up the warrenty and pissed off a very few customers- in hindsight, it would have been a smarter business decision to just take the hit and take care of the customer, but retailers are NOT a non-profit business! I am FAR from a Best Buy fan, but in this case, I have to side with the retailer- If you CHOOSE to buy a "Chevy Cobalt for $8000, you can't complain when it doesn't perform or last as long as a $40,000 Mercedes!!

View more comments (2)
Review
On christmas eve, I read about this deal that best buy was giving on a Sony 40" LCD + Song BluRay Player + Sony 5.1 Surround Sound System for an amazing price of almost $1,300! I wanted to buy it right away so I called and the stores were closed so I call the 24 hour...

Williamsburg VA Best Buy,

Same thing happen to me yesterday. I called the police and was told to take it to court.

something needs to be done about Best Buy. I've been a loyal customer in the past two months I know I've spent over $3000. I got my iwatch, Harmon Kardon head set, sound bar, another tv, etc... The sales clerk in that store know me.

I can't believe it!

I tried to call head quarters they said the manager in the location has to handle the situation. I'm in the military and don't have the time but I'm going to make the time to go to court $1542 is a lot of money to just let BB have.

Onekeisha@yahoo.com

Review
The Geek Squad is a rip off. They take advantage of anyone with a question. They treat their customers like prey instead of appricating their business. They tried to tell me I made a laptop crash after having it less than 24 hrs. I was sold a laptop as new that...

The battery would be in the laptop if it was a Toshiba or a certain Dell model. I call *** because if the laptop was defective they would replace it. There is more to the story, such as damge orsomething.

3 month old computer/best buy is a joke

purchased a computer in September, by December the motherboard and hard drive were fryed. Best buy said they would send it to HP to have it taken care of. A month later, we finally got the computer back. Heres where it gets interesting, first we paid for them to back up the computer and we needed that by the next day, they said no problem, well we did not get it for almost a week. then when e got the computer back the *** tried to say we owed money, i said for what, he tried to say they reprogrammed the computer however i knew they didn't because my husband had told them not to. the *** check and they did no work. so then i asked the guy if my original programs were on the computer the ones it was sold with, he said "NO" its empty. I started getting very anrgy, he said well you did not but there service package, I told him the computer should come back the way it was purchased, he got very rude and said contact HP. By this time I was pissed, I tolded him there practices are not right and they don't stand behind products they sell, he got even ruder, at the end of the whole thing, he had the nerve to say his exact words " SIGN THIS PAPER SO I CAN GIVE YOU BACK MY COMPUTER" indicating it was his, I went off on him, i hope this company goes under i will make a point to advise people to stay away from best buy, there a joke

Looks like Best Buy has the Geek Squad answering back to the comments.Its already known Best Buy has *** customer service and social rejects for the Geek Squad. bottom line another customer bites the dust.

If you hear people yelling every time you go to Best Buy, it's probably not a good sign for us to be shopping there. I doubt someone expects instant repairs ---maybe quality repairs but not instant.

Yet again, *** tool blames ALL their problems on the people trying to fix them! I'll bet she SCREAMED for a brand new computer cuz' she spilled something on this one.

Every time I go to Best Buy there is somebody YELLING because they have to wait for somebody to fix the computer that they broke! Yeah, I saw the big sign outside offering "INSTANT COMPUTER REPAIRS" (Not!!!)

You seem to have that malfuntion tommie.

Just another *** wanting something for nothing.

Is that also YOUR malfunction, MAC? :x

"Jokes on you"? Sounds like a "best buy attitude".

Don't you think you should have paid someone to do your thinking for you BEFORE you fried your computer?

Joke's on you. :roll

View more comments (6)
Review

Best Buy Sells Faulty Computers!

This is the third and last computer I will ever buy from Best Buy! The first one crashed in 6 mos Best Buy could never seem to fix it. The second the mother board fried took them 4 mos and 3 times of sending it back to fix it paid for back up protection for pictures they forgot then charged me anyway for the back up. 3rd and last I had no choice to buy #2 froze and crashed got #3 had it 3 wks had to send it back they had it 6mos got it back it crashed that same night! In the 3 years I've owned it I have had it for 6 mos working properly. They dont honor Lemon Laws Ever!

does best buy make the laptops themselves? no.

who does? the manufacturer.

who should you be angry at? the manufacturer.

I worked at BBY in a separate service center. It's expensive to run a service center and BBY was constantly looking for a less expensive M.O.

The fact is that customer service will always suffer with the monster-regional service plans. We used to call every customer and follow all the parts orders, expediting them if the part was on order over 48 hours, but this did not result in cost savings. My belief was we were doing the right thing by keeping the customers informed and advised, but let's face facts: that wasn't getting the units proccessed quickly or cheaply enough for their business model. Also we had been techs for a minimum of ten years, so we were well paid, but there's more expense.

That's why we all got "promoted to customer" and replaced by teenagers.

All businesses want it cheaper and quicker. And yes, some customers will get screwed in the proccess.

All I can say is, that it's too bad Best Buy can't refuse to sell computers to people who breathe through their mouths, don't wear seatbelts, and smoke a pack a day while pregnant.

Yet more examples of inept people spending loads of money of things they have no understanding of, using terms they don't fully understand and thinking they are soooo right.

@gsdpero "Fried" your wireless?? How is that done exactly?

How do you "fry" a motherboard? I really need to know as I have been working IT for going on 12 years and have never had anything remotly like that happen to any computer I have installed, admined or supported.

Why does anyone pay for backing up their files? I just don't understand it. Buy a thumb drive or an external HDD and copy them there. Simple and easy.

As for crashing? What were you doing before a "crash" What OS, hardware specs, open and running services, extra hardware connected, ect? Answer those questions and I can help.

Another thought on Mom_of_4's geek squad complaint: Can it really be that the geek squad is that inept in something that they are touted at be so proficient in? Like Arsenio Hall used to say, "That's one of those things that make you go: Hmmmmmm?"

I had a similiar experience with BB, except they fried my wireless while doing some routine maint. that I was paying for.

It took several months and alot of hassle to get them to make it right. I believe, based on watching other consumer issues at the geek squad desk, that BB paints unsuspecting customers into a corner in order to tug at their purse strings.

I said then: "I'll never do business with them again," and I haven't and won't. Another to big for their britches big box company.

View more comments (5)

Best Buy poor customer service

In November 2005 I purchased a 50" LG plasma TV from Best Buy in Dover, DE. (#842). In May 2008 while watching the TV there were three very loud "bangs" and the unit shut down. I called the warranty service and the TV was repaired ( cost of $ 700.00). On 12-27-09 while watching the TV there was a very loud "bang" and the unit again shut down. I called the warranty service and was advised that the extended warranty expired 10-31-09. I was very upset as I had not been afforded the opportunity to renew the warranty for this TV. I explained the situation to the warranty rep, stating the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half and I was not afforded a renewal on the extended warranty. Nothing they could do. The afternoon of 12-27 I went to the Dover DE store and requested to speak to the store manager. I was advised that the assistant manager was there. I asked to speak to him but he refused to come out and speak to me. He sent messages out to me via a store associate. I was told that there was nothing that could be done at the store level and that I would have to contact the corporate office. On Monday 12-28-09 I called the corporate office and after being transferred to the wrong department four times I finally spoke to a gentleman by the name of Tim. Tim advised me that there was nothing that Corporate could do and it would have to be handled at the store level (here comes the runaround). I then called the Dover DE store and spoke to the manager his name is Glenn Stitsworth. I explained everything to Mr. Stitsworth and he asked me exactly what I wanted from him. I explained the story to him and that I have been a loyal customer to Best Buy for many years and have spent many thousands of dollars with the company. Mr. Stitsworth advised me that company loyalty means nothing. Considerations of this nature are not based on loyalty of the amount of money one spends with Best Buy. He did however say that he would see what he could do and he would get back with me. He again asked why I thought Best Buy should help me with matter and I again explained that I paid $ 4000.00 for this television and it had blown up 2 times in a year and one half. I feel that this unit is defective and should be repaired at no expense to me. I also explained that I feel I was not afforded the renewal warranty due to a "payout" being made on this unit. He assured me that that was not the case. It has bee over 10 days and I have not heard from Mr. Stitsworth. I believe Best Buy should stand behind this unit. The overall cost to Best Buy would be in insignificant on the overall scope of things and would go to great lengths in restoring confidence in the company.

Does someone HAVE your TV, or is it just looking pretty sitting on your wall? Also, is it the same part that was replaced (that you didn't pay $700 for) two years ago? Did that repair have any warranty? What you describe sounds pretty unusual for a plasma TV. Have you checked the Internet for bullitens or recalls by the manufacturer?

Because, honestly, I don't see that Best Buy's going to do anything for you at this point. They don't own the warranty, and from what I've been told get nothing on a renewal. I got no call on my TV, refrigerator, dishwasher, range, or other electronics. I don't expect to get one, either. About the only hope you have left, is that the manager might be able to give you a discount on a new one.

The only good part if this, is that you will be able to purchase a 50" plasma with better technology for a lot less than you paid for yours 4 years ago. I've seen them for as low as $700.

Good luck.

Thank you for reading my post. Perhaps I need to clarify a couple of things in my description of events. I was not charged $ 700.00. I stated that I called the Warranty/Service dept and the TV was repaired. It cost $700.00 for the parts and labor which the warranty/service plan covered. ( as I stated further in my post as a "Warranty payout being made".Historicaly, it has been my experience with most all of my extended warrantys/service agreements that as they reach their experation date I am contacted via mail or phone, if not both, inquiring if I wish to extend them.

I believe I am clear as far as the dates are concerned. Unit was purchased in Nov. 2005. First problem was in May 2008, covered under ext warranty/service plan. Second problem with unit 12-27-09. That would equal 1 year and 7 months. The unti failed twice in less time than it took for the original failure.

Perhaps I am not as articulate as many but you have the full story. I am not pulling any fast ones here. And as of this writing I STILL do not have any response from the store. Perhaps I am asking too much.

First of all, explain to me why you were charged $700 for service in May 2008. Secondly, did you bother to read the terms of your agreement?

The time frame of how and when things happens to anything you connect to wall current not withstanding, you had four years to figure out when was a good time to renew a service agreement (not an extended warranty)

Aside from that, you compound the confusion by stating "the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half", when by your own admission it was well over two years before you experienced your first problem...and then PAID FOR IT? Was there some service performed outside the warranty terms?

Something tells me that, once again, we are not getting the whole story here.

View more comments (2)