You suck and lie | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

I had to buy a HD receiver at bestbuy in mentor oh paid 106.24 for it so I had my service turned off they wanted the receiver back this not right I HAVE FOUND THE RECEIPT FROM BESTBUY they said I got the receiver from them they LIED !!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT I want my 106.24 want I paid for it I have the receipt you suck and lie IF YOU HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WILL GIVE ME MY 106.24 AGAIN SHAM SHAM ON YOU HOW CAN DO CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE THIS WELL I SAID WHAT I WANTED

Directv?

If so it was them not Best Buy who wanted THEIR equipment back.When you get a new receiver and activate it is considered leased(purchasing outright would be $300) for that $100 you get a leased receiver and placed under another 2 yr "agreement" with a cancellation fee prorated at $20 per month of "agreement" not fullfilled.When you disconnect all "leased" equipment must be returned or a "non equipment return fee" is tacked on as well.The only advantage of getting equipment locally instead of through dtv is a shipping savings...thats it!

Meldon R

Ummm so are you sure you didn't put down a deposit of some sort and were then billed monthly through someone like DirecTV?

LOL I've purchased several things from Best Buy and not once have they called me and said they want any of them back.

contact the better buisness in your area write and file a complaint. this usually gets teir attention. You have to do the work or they will keep your money.

Best Buy - full of lies - mobile

Chris "Money Bags" Munn at Best Buy #302 will promise anything to get new mobile contract under his belt. It is sad that he is the team Leader/Supervisor, considering another disappointed customer of his arrived during my transaction to return the pack of lies he sold her and his response was "I don't care". A long story short, my recent/last Best Buy experience was a nightmare that wasted much of my own time and energy to reverse fees (not all) that I was promised were covered. Luckily switched back to at&t (who matched the low rate plan and waived all fees - including original disconnect, over the phone with me) within 30 days. Now stuck paying bogus Restocking fee and others just to end the nightmare!
Meldon R

First time I've ever heard somebody say they were "lucky" to be with AT&T.

Review
#172020 Review #172020 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
A warning to anyone buying anything from Magnolia Audio Video. I made a purchase at a Magnolia store-within-a-store inside a far-away Best Buy and was assured I'd be allowed to return what I purchased. Liars!! I tried to return the item (an HDMI cable overpriced by...

What's up dude. Best Buy Magnolia Brand is a different entity than Best Buy Stores.

They sell all the higher end audio and video components etc that Best Buy does not carry. So it's fairly obvious that Best Buy could not and will not take that return for a refund. You should have realized this or at least emphasized this when asking about return policies. I never had a Best Buy sales person volunteer that info to me unless I asked.

Make the sale and hope they never hear from your again. Honestly, you should be annoyed and pissed at yourself for overlooking this, especially when the sales person did say you could absolutely return the item to the store (Magnolia)correct!

Sometimes we just don't pay enough attention and have to chalk it up to experience. It Is What It Is!!

View more comments

No honor in the spoken word | Best Buy review from Arlington, Texas

After several weeks of researching computers in my area of Texas, checking on the internet, going into several stores (3 different times to BEST BUY) I decided to buy a computer through the Best Buy store in Burleson, Texas (Store # ). I had decided on an ASUS CG5275. I asked the salesperson, if it might be on sale soon and he stated you have 30 days after purchase to bring it back in for a rebate if the price is lowered or lower at a different store. So, trusting his word, I purchased it. 17 days later it shows up ON SALE. I went into the store today asking for my rebate and the General Manager Misty Reitz tells me that the store policy is printed on the back of the receipt. They refused to honor the spoken word. I asked to confront the sales person or for her to do so, she was vague, only after insisting she got us on the phone with corporate to said the same thing, it's printed on the back of the receipt. NEVER NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY, now known as WORSTBUY. An honorable old Texan (70 to be exact)

Exactly! I work in retail and if I gave out money to every person that came up to me and said " your employee told me this item was this price" I would be out of business! Unfortunly, most CUSTOMERS can't be trusted with THEIR spoken word honor!

Meldon R

Hate to be another one bringing bad news, but most stores only price match within the return period. With a computer that's 14 days. If you were in charge of that Best Buy, would you give money back to every person that walked in and said "so-and-so in computers told me I had 30 days!"

I'm a first timer at having remodeling done. I'm speaking of a bathroom remodel.

I hired a expert at ADA remodels expecting him to put EVERYTHING we could use in this room in it.When it was all said and done, everything but the sink was replaced. He said I sent you a copy of the est.

and if something was missing it's your fault for not saying something.Like I'm not to trust peoples word. If it's not in writing it's not going to happen.

Best Buy Manager

Unqualified delivery personnel | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased appliances from best buy and their so called qualified installation crew installed the purchased products. When they installed the washer they hooked the hot(red) hose to the cold(blue),and the cold to the hot,never properly leveled the units or the pedistals upon installation,and on the dryer never leveled the pedistals,or the unit,crimped the exhaust duct,to the point during use that it cut it,when calling to get item fixed,had to repair it myself,now this was within the 1ST 30 days of purchase. They scratched the unit upon installation and they refused to repair their installation personnel"s damage,so i am stuck with their unqualified installers mistakes .

this comment is in response to the delivery driver comments:

If they are the best that you have; then i would like to know what they are the best at; your delivery drivers,repair technicians,support personel,their managers,are about useless. the managers do not follow thru what they say,installers cant follow simple instructions,repaires cant fix a simple problem,they call their supervisor,who doesnt know a thing.

the manager got that position due to all thwe mistakes he made,it was cheaper for the company to isolate him then have him in the field creating disasters.

would i buy from best buy again,would i seek assistance from the geek squad. the answer is no,and would never recomend either to anyone.

yes they have a fantastic reputation as the company who wreeks havoc in everything they sell and try to repair.

Meldon R

Yeah signatures are required so don't sign if you didn't like what happened.

Everett

Our delivery guys in my store are the best. True pros.

I cannot speak for your crew so here's what I suggest. The driver is required to get a signature from the person present that lets delivery into the house. If you signed that, then you authorized that they did the work that was promised. If not, call the store and ask them to "pull the manifest" from your delivery date and see if there's a signature.

If no signature, then you have a case. Regarding the scratch, they're also required to fill out a paper and have you sign it for damage.

They will first offer to take money off the unit for you to keep it (cheaper and quicker than resetting up delivery) if you truly cannot live with the small scratch, ask the manager to swap it out, if issues persist with that, get your receipt and call 1-888-BEST-BUY. Good luck, and I apologize for the few giving a bad name to the rest of us!

Best Buy Installation

Geek squad | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased a extended warranty with the products that i purchased from best buy, and the appliance technicians are not qualified to work on the products that this store sells. When you go thru the steps to get one repaired and they cant figure it out,and they call their supervisor and explain that they cant figure it out and the supervisor says we"ll just do the solution as no problems and blow off the consumer. I have delt with these people for 15 months and got the same answer we cant figure it out and the mechanical device is too complicated to figure out,it is above the intelligence value of myself and my supervisor. About the consumer i will tell them what they want to hear and when i do the company reports: i put in just exactly what my supervisor tells me and when the consumer does a follow up call, he gets the shaft. Would i recommend these people again or the store they represent: never again.

Hi Grumpy54 –

I’m Coral with Best Buy’s ECC Social Media team. We frequently review blog and forum postings to gain insight and identify opportunities for support.

I have read through your various posts here on this forum and can understand how this has been a frustrating experience with your LG washer and dryer. As you mentioned, we do have a 30 day exchange/return policy on most items and I’m concerned that you were advised you could not return the units within 15 days of purchase. I am also concerned with the damages you state were caused at the time of installation followed up with the 15 months that you state you’ve owned your units and they’re still not working.

I would like to address this situation further for you and would appreciate the opportunity to do so. Could you please email me at Online.Communities@BestBuy.com?

Best Buy® Corporate

Everett

You must be purchasing an LG or Samsung, I'm guessing. Almost all repairmen in the U.S.

complain about how difficult they are to repair and some refuse to work on them. Although, if it's actually the Geek Squad coming to the house, I'm surprised. Our guys are usually pretty darn sharp. If you are unhappy with their service, ask the manager if there is a local repairman who does work on them and feels confident fixing them.

Ask if they can contract him to do the work under warranty. In my area, there's no repair reps, not even Geek Squad. All appliance work is serviced in this manner. We're lucky one local place has an appliance pro.

This guy could fix a naval submarine no sweat. If they cannot repair the unit, cite the Black Tie Protection.

I believe it states if the unit is unrepairable, a replacement is to be given. Best of luck!

:cry :p :x :( :eek :) :grin ;)

Worthless store | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased a lg washer and dryer as a set and since the day it was purchased the headaches,heartaches started,asked them to replace them under the federal law of 30 day return policy,this was 15 days into the purchase and store manager said it was up to corporate office,corporate office said it was up to store manager. It never got done and when trying to get these appliances repaired by the geek squad,they said they were unqualified to work on these products. after 15 months of fighyting/argueing with them and hearing every excuse imaginable we came ,they point blank refused to repair,replace these products. And after they send their repair boys out and figured out that the mechanical item was a lot smarter then the company service techs.

Google...Best Buy corporate governance or Best Buy corporate (or company) profile. Find out corporate phone number and name of CEO, get the fax number. Type up brief but concise letter, addressed to the CEO and fax it over. Get a large note pad and document the time, date etc of what you did.

Perhaps open a file on your computer and keep your work stored there.

Make sure your researched information was correct. Call the CEO's office and speak with his secretary, confirm that your faxed letter was received. State in your letter that you will be:

1. Contacting the Attorney General for fraud (in the state where the corporate office is located)

2. Contacting the local district attorney

to file a consumer complaint.

3. You can always file a claim in Small Claims Court....where you can add costs to the case (days off work, gas, copy costs, etc.)

OR call the regional/area/district manager of the Best Buy store where you made this purchase and light a fire under his butt to get this problem taken care of ASAP.

AFTER the problem has been resolved TO YOUR SATISFACTION....get a gift card from Best Buy to compensate you and your family for all the BS they put you through.

You decide how much $100.00 $150.00 etc.

You can always go local and complaint to a tv station/news channel....they have consumer action hotlines...rather lame though.

Good Luck & BE TOUGH!

Best Buy Shafts Customers and Employees

First, I'd like to go on record to say that I am not a disgruntled employee. I worked for Best Buy part time here in Colorado Springs for extra Christmas money and a discount on some items while serving my beloved United States Air Force as a Captain. I purchased a 52" Sony XBR5 in the early part of 2007 and after a little more than two years of service the LCD screen began to delaminate causing green streaks throughout the Television. Fortunately, I purchased the coveted PSP! Wrong, I took all the steps of the process that they tell the customers and employees to take. We called the customer service line, had the technician come out, and then took our RA number to the Best Buy on Powers and Cinema Pointe where the nightmare began! The Operations Manager (Little miserable munchkin woman you cannot miss) made me wait for 45 minutes while she was on the phone. Next, when she finally "helped" me, she was extremely sarcastic, rude, snippy, and acted as if I were crazy to expect a proper replacement for my $4,000 television! She had the audacity to offer me a $1,600 television and was rude because I refused. She then began questioning me as to why I couldn't remember when I purchased the television and why my wife's credit card was used? When that is our Best Buy membership rewards Master Card?!?! Why wouldn't it be used? I advise anyone reading this to stay clear of store 212 in Colorado Springs on Powers and Cinema Pointe! The operations manager should be fired for her unprofessional conduct and lack of respect for customers and former employees! I will never buy from this Best Buy store again and am strongly contemplating never purchasing a PSP or PRP from any Best Buy ever again for that matter! PLEASE BEWARE OF THE LOSS THEY WILL TRY AND FORCE YOU TO TAKE IF YOU EVER PURCHASE A PSP OR PRP AND NEED TO UTILIZE YOUR SO CALLED "WARRANTY!" In all of my civilian life, and as a member of the US armed services, I have never been treated with the amount of disrespect and rudeness that the operations manager in Colorado Springs, Store 212 on powers, had treated me with. I urge Veterans and Active Duty Military to take your hard earned military pay to the north store if you must purchase anything from Best Buy!
rational t

Electronics depreciate in value over time much like most everything in life. Since you worked for the company I assume that you know this.

Obviously after reading your complaint it is apparent that you do not. Semper Fi.

Everett

I apologize for your experience AirForce, but as an employee, I must ask a question to respond. Which plan did you have on the TV?

They changed the PSP's a while back and they are no longer "replacement" plans, they're "service" plans. The process that should have occurred was to call the 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD, they give you an RA. Depending on the plan, you either take the TV to the store or they come to the house. Regardless, the TV is inspected/tested.

If deemed repairable, the TV is sent to service/repaired in-store. If the TV cannot be repaired, they provide a replacement - same TV or if that model is no longer available they provide a TV with the same tech specs, not the same price, the same specs. I am surprised they could not locate the receipt. ALL employee receipts are recorded and the store "keyholder" could easily look that up with your employee number.

Plus, 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD would have all your personal information on electronic file since you bought a PSP. They are NOT required to give you a $4,000 TV for a $4,000 TV, only to replace what you had. If yours is 60" Plasma, 1080p with every bell and whistle under the sun and it's only $1,600, then you get the $1,600. Not trying to bash you or anything, just trying to educate about the PSP they offer.

You should still be under PSP because there should only have been 4-yr plans in 2007.

Give it a try! Best of luck!

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Bait and Switch LG Units

I bought a LG washer and dryer set the day after Thanksgiving. They were supposed to deliver December 28, 2009. Two days before I get a call from the delivery personnel stating that the store in Grapevine did not send them the dryer and he only had the washer. I called up Best Buy to speak with their manager about the situation. They said they would look into it. Later that day I drop by to speak with the manager personally. He said they were sold out. The best they could do was give me another dryer. I told him that was unacceptable. The other dryer did not match. The point of buying a matching set was to get a MATCHING set. The manager revealed that they had oversold the LG units and they had known this for sometime. They had known this and not told me. If they had I could have looked for another deal during the Christmas holiday. Best Buy purposely withheld this information to force my hand. When I told the manager that, he told me I was lucky that Best Buy was selling the LG units at such a good price and that they were doing me a favor doing so. Fuming I left. I came back on weekday to speak with another manager. And he admitted that they had oversold. And the best they could do was give me a mismatch dryer or I could swap out to another set. When I pointed out that the swap set was way inferior they finally admitted to that effect. I told them what I thought of their customer service and outright dishonest methods and took my money back. I was not going to let them take advantage of me. Boycott Best Buy! They knowingly oversale and will not tell you. Trying to force your hand.
Meldon R

Sounds like they told you they oversold the dryer. Mistakes happen.

Not sure I buy all of your statements about what they knew, though. I'm sure Best Buy became a huge electronics retailer by knowingly overselling tons of items.

Everett

I apologize for your experience, I work at Best Buy. At Christmas time, items fly left and right.

Keeping up with inventory is always an issue because there's no way to tell how many people will purchase. We encountered the same issue in my store. I cannot speak for your said manager, but we oversold ours and we did NOT know that we oversold them. The system used to monitor inventory updates about every 2-4 hours.

So the 5, 6, 7 sets sold at 5am open are not subtracted until much later. Meaning people around 6-6:30am could be buying a set that isn't there and we wouldn't know it until after the fact. In my district however, they did find another set that was a higher price, with better features and agreed to take a loss on it to sell to the people who could not get the one in the ad. Optionally, not mandatory.

Most people took it, the set was better than most front-loaders. I know there are some issues that could be addressed to limit this from happening, but most times, it's simply an ordering error by the warehouse, in our case, they ordered about 300 washers and only 100 dryers...somebody is gonna be disappointed. But again, anytime that has happened, management sends an E-mail offering a substitute, usually a better one, for the same price. Contact 1-888-BEST-BUY with your store and manager's name if you suspect foul play.

Best of luck and leave the door open when that thing isn't running! (Keeps the mildew away)

Similar situation with me. Went to store, saw a sign saying last years model of top of line LG steam w/d was on sale.

Only 2 sets left in store. So I bought one. Delivery was to be in 10 days. Our dryer had blown up so I used a friends for 10 days.

Called on day 9 b/c I had not been contacted, they told me they didn't even know who I was. I had even bought the W/D with a new Best Buy card! Long and short of it, they finally found my 'order' and told me that my set had been resold! And that they would be getting MORE in!

Foolish me I waited another 8 days, then finally told them to shove it! :(

Review

Bestbuy , Lombard - Worst Experience Ever | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

This store has the worst customer service I've seen in 10 years. I bought a laptop that was offered on the website with a package worth $150. They gave it to me without th package saying they can't match the offer and then I came back again to replace it with another laptop since I felt like being deceived and they wanted to charge me a restocking fee for exchange. The manager was very rude. I spent over $4000 over the years on this store but this will be my last time buying from Bestbuy. Please be aware when buying things even within the 14 day period since they'are gonna charge you if you exchange. Very frustrating.
Meldon R

Well when they tell you they won't sell you the package at that price, that's the time to say you don't want the laptop. Don't wait until after you open it and cause yourself to be charged a restocking fee that is 1) on a sticker on the box; 2) on a big sign in the store; 3) on the back of your receipt; 4) on numerous informational pamphlets throughout the store; 5) on their website. It's not like they keep it a secret.

On your receipt it tells you if you decide to bring your laptop back and exchange it without it being defective, you will be charged a 15% restock fee. That information is also posted at the front of the store on a BIG blue wall sign.

Pay attention to your purchases from now on. Don't blame others for your incompetence.

View more comments (1)