Filter by rating :
filters

Worst than used car salesmen | Best Buy review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Horrible service on the 888 national number, at store the sales employees, customer service are horrible. they will do whatever it takes to avoid accepting a return and to sell you an extended warranty, tv set-up (for $ 550.00). called about getting someone to the house on warranty, no call back. never deal with best buy. the salespeople at the store spoke very badly about the sales reps. on the 888 number. they had every excuse in the book. i felt as if i was being lied to and manipulated into a larger purchase due to their inability to find the tv that i ordered and paid for. Never deal with best buy.

Sold used TV as new | Best Buy review from Milton, Massachusetts

I bought a $200 Insigna TV from Best Buy recently. The TV was sold AS NEW. Upon opening the box, I noticed that 1) the batteries were in the remote already, 2) some of the wires and such appeared to have been previously opened (on of the boxes that had the wires was ripped open) 3) the plastic protective strip was somewhat removed, 4) the power connection in the back was loose, and caused the TV to shut off randomly, and 5) the welcome screen that shows up on that type of TV didn't show up (and the manual stated that it would show up when the TV was turned on for the first time). I brought it back the next day and returned the TV. However, no one believed that it wasn't a new TV. I called the hotline, and after they spoke to the Dedham branch manager, they told me that it was impossible that I was sold a used tv as new. The person I spoke to stated that because there wasn't a scratch on the tv, it was new. They basically called me a liar.

Ummm take it back?

duh, take it back...stu,

View more comments (1)
Review

Best Buy Worc. Ma (horrible experience)

Short version... We went down on a saturday to buy a tv for $999 and they were out of it. The salesman was nice and located one at another store for us and told us to check back on wednesday. (Time in store 45min but was ok)Called on wedneday and can't get anyone to answer the phone for 26 minutes. The phone just kept ringing on my cell and work phone. I end up calling there 800# and they took 11 min to get someone in the store. Talked to 2 employees, nobody knows anything so I get a manager and it is there with my name on it. (1hr 26mins total on phone)************************This is my favorite part***************************I call up on my way down that night after work to have it ready at customer service for when I get there and again I am told it isn't there. I get there and tell the woman that the day manager found it in receiving with my name on it. She comes back after 20 min to again tell me it is not there. I then ask for a manager and they look all around to finally find it behind customer service the whole time. (20 more mins) They ring it up and it is not on sale anymore and now $1399. Still dealing with the manager she explains that there is nothing she can do, 25 minutes of agrueing and she then says she will meet me 1/2 way. I am sooo pissed at this point i said "PLEASE GO GET ANOTHER MANAGER HIGHER THAN YOU, CAUSE I DON'T THINK YOU GET PAID ENOUGH SEE THE *** SHOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE." The "store manager" comes up and 20 mins of argueing she is finally going to give it to me for $999.( total time in store was 1hr 40 min)(sorry if it doesn't add up that way)Rude thing that were said to me were as follows:1- There is nothing I can do (20 min later there was)2- How do I know this tv is for you (It had a tranfer sticker on it from where I said it was coming from)3- I should learn to be more polite on the phone (I was the first hour on it)4- Why don't you have a rain check (Why didn't your employee give me one)so many rude remarks it pains me to think of it again....***************************Free Pointers***********************************1- Take care of you customers the right way, the first time.2- Show a sense of urgency when you know i have been there for a while to get me out. (move at a better pace than slow and stop)3- Managers should not *** to find another one for 15 minutes.The whole experience was like i was bothering them to take my $1250 (xtra 250 was because I bought the extended warranty)
Meldon R

Well it sounds like you got to be a *** to the management so that probably evened things out and relieved your frustration. Can't wait to hear back from you in a year or two about your experience with the extended warranty.

Best Buy Manager

You suck and lie | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

I had to buy a HD receiver at bestbuy in mentor oh paid 106.24 for it so I had my service turned off they wanted the receiver back this not right I HAVE FOUND THE RECEIPT FROM BESTBUY they said I got the receiver from them they LIED !!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT I want my 106.24 want I paid for it I have the receipt you suck and lie IF YOU HAVE ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WILL GIVE ME MY 106.24 AGAIN SHAM SHAM ON YOU HOW CAN DO CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE THIS WELL I SAID WHAT I WANTED

Directv?

If so it was them not Best Buy who wanted THEIR equipment back.When you get a new receiver and activate it is considered leased(purchasing outright would be $300) for that $100 you get a leased receiver and placed under another 2 yr "agreement" with a cancellation fee prorated at $20 per month of "agreement" not fullfilled.When you disconnect all "leased" equipment must be returned or a "non equipment return fee" is tacked on as well.The only advantage of getting equipment locally instead of through dtv is a shipping savings...thats it!

Meldon R

Ummm so are you sure you didn't put down a deposit of some sort and were then billed monthly through someone like DirecTV?

LOL I've purchased several things from Best Buy and not once have they called me and said they want any of them back.

contact the better buisness in your area write and file a complaint. this usually gets teir attention. You have to do the work or they will keep your money.

Best Buy - full of lies - mobile

Chris "Money Bags" Munn at Best Buy #302 will promise anything to get new mobile contract under his belt. It is sad that he is the team Leader/Supervisor, considering another disappointed customer of his arrived during my transaction to return the pack of lies he sold her and his response was "I don't care". A long story short, my recent/last Best Buy experience was a nightmare that wasted much of my own time and energy to reverse fees (not all) that I was promised were covered. Luckily switched back to at&t (who matched the low rate plan and waived all fees - including original disconnect, over the phone with me) within 30 days. Now stuck paying bogus Restocking fee and others just to end the nightmare!
Meldon R

First time I've ever heard somebody say they were "lucky" to be with AT&T.

Review
#172020 Review #172020 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
A warning to anyone buying anything from Magnolia Audio Video. I made a purchase at a Magnolia store-within-a-store inside a far-away Best Buy and was assured I'd be allowed to return what I purchased. Liars!! I tried to return the item (an HDMI cable overpriced by...

What's up dude. Best Buy Magnolia Brand is a different entity than Best Buy Stores.

They sell all the higher end audio and video components etc that Best Buy does not carry. So it's fairly obvious that Best Buy could not and will not take that return for a refund. You should have realized this or at least emphasized this when asking about return policies. I never had a Best Buy sales person volunteer that info to me unless I asked.

Make the sale and hope they never hear from your again. Honestly, you should be annoyed and pissed at yourself for overlooking this, especially when the sales person did say you could absolutely return the item to the store (Magnolia)correct!

Sometimes we just don't pay enough attention and have to chalk it up to experience. It Is What It Is!!

View more comments

No honor in the spoken word | Best Buy review from Arlington, Texas

After several weeks of researching computers in my area of Texas, checking on the internet, going into several stores (3 different times to BEST BUY) I decided to buy a computer through the Best Buy store in Burleson, Texas (Store # ). I had decided on an ASUS CG5275. I asked the salesperson, if it might be on sale soon and he stated you have 30 days after purchase to bring it back in for a rebate if the price is lowered or lower at a different store. So, trusting his word, I purchased it. 17 days later it shows up ON SALE. I went into the store today asking for my rebate and the General Manager Misty Reitz tells me that the store policy is printed on the back of the receipt. They refused to honor the spoken word. I asked to confront the sales person or for her to do so, she was vague, only after insisting she got us on the phone with corporate to said the same thing, it's printed on the back of the receipt. NEVER NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY, now known as WORSTBUY. An honorable old Texan (70 to be exact)

Exactly! I work in retail and if I gave out money to every person that came up to me and said " your employee told me this item was this price" I would be out of business! Unfortunly, most CUSTOMERS can't be trusted with THEIR spoken word honor!

Meldon R

Hate to be another one bringing bad news, but most stores only price match within the return period. With a computer that's 14 days. If you were in charge of that Best Buy, would you give money back to every person that walked in and said "so-and-so in computers told me I had 30 days!"

I'm a first timer at having remodeling done. I'm speaking of a bathroom remodel.

I hired a expert at ADA remodels expecting him to put EVERYTHING we could use in this room in it.When it was all said and done, everything but the sink was replaced. He said I sent you a copy of the est.

and if something was missing it's your fault for not saying something.Like I'm not to trust peoples word. If it's not in writing it's not going to happen.

Best Buy Manager

Unqualified delivery personnel | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased appliances from best buy and their so called qualified installation crew installed the purchased products. When they installed the washer they hooked the hot(red) hose to the cold(blue),and the cold to the hot,never properly leveled the units or the pedistals upon installation,and on the dryer never leveled the pedistals,or the unit,crimped the exhaust duct,to the point during use that it cut it,when calling to get item fixed,had to repair it myself,now this was within the 1ST 30 days of purchase. They scratched the unit upon installation and they refused to repair their installation personnel"s damage,so i am stuck with their unqualified installers mistakes .

this comment is in response to the delivery driver comments:

If they are the best that you have; then i would like to know what they are the best at; your delivery drivers,repair technicians,support personel,their managers,are about useless. the managers do not follow thru what they say,installers cant follow simple instructions,repaires cant fix a simple problem,they call their supervisor,who doesnt know a thing.

the manager got that position due to all thwe mistakes he made,it was cheaper for the company to isolate him then have him in the field creating disasters.

would i buy from best buy again,would i seek assistance from the geek squad. the answer is no,and would never recomend either to anyone.

yes they have a fantastic reputation as the company who wreeks havoc in everything they sell and try to repair.

Meldon R

Yeah signatures are required so don't sign if you didn't like what happened.

Everett

Our delivery guys in my store are the best. True pros.

I cannot speak for your crew so here's what I suggest. The driver is required to get a signature from the person present that lets delivery into the house. If you signed that, then you authorized that they did the work that was promised. If not, call the store and ask them to "pull the manifest" from your delivery date and see if there's a signature.

If no signature, then you have a case. Regarding the scratch, they're also required to fill out a paper and have you sign it for damage.

They will first offer to take money off the unit for you to keep it (cheaper and quicker than resetting up delivery) if you truly cannot live with the small scratch, ask the manager to swap it out, if issues persist with that, get your receipt and call 1-888-BEST-BUY. Good luck, and I apologize for the few giving a bad name to the rest of us!

Best Buy Installation

Geek squad | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased a extended warranty with the products that i purchased from best buy, and the appliance technicians are not qualified to work on the products that this store sells. When you go thru the steps to get one repaired and they cant figure it out,and they call their supervisor and explain that they cant figure it out and the supervisor says we"ll just do the solution as no problems and blow off the consumer. I have delt with these people for 15 months and got the same answer we cant figure it out and the mechanical device is too complicated to figure out,it is above the intelligence value of myself and my supervisor. About the consumer i will tell them what they want to hear and when i do the company reports: i put in just exactly what my supervisor tells me and when the consumer does a follow up call, he gets the shaft. Would i recommend these people again or the store they represent: never again.

Hi Grumpy54 –

I’m Coral with Best Buy’s ECC Social Media team. We frequently review blog and forum postings to gain insight and identify opportunities for support.

I have read through your various posts here on this forum and can understand how this has been a frustrating experience with your LG washer and dryer. As you mentioned, we do have a 30 day exchange/return policy on most items and I’m concerned that you were advised you could not return the units within 15 days of purchase. I am also concerned with the damages you state were caused at the time of installation followed up with the 15 months that you state you’ve owned your units and they’re still not working.

I would like to address this situation further for you and would appreciate the opportunity to do so. Could you please email me at Online.Communities@BestBuy.com?

Best Buy® Corporate

Everett

You must be purchasing an LG or Samsung, I'm guessing. Almost all repairmen in the U.S.

complain about how difficult they are to repair and some refuse to work on them. Although, if it's actually the Geek Squad coming to the house, I'm surprised. Our guys are usually pretty darn sharp. If you are unhappy with their service, ask the manager if there is a local repairman who does work on them and feels confident fixing them.

Ask if they can contract him to do the work under warranty. In my area, there's no repair reps, not even Geek Squad. All appliance work is serviced in this manner. We're lucky one local place has an appliance pro.

This guy could fix a naval submarine no sweat. If they cannot repair the unit, cite the Black Tie Protection.

I believe it states if the unit is unrepairable, a replacement is to be given. Best of luck!

:cry :p :x :( :eek :) :grin ;)

Worthless store | Best Buy review from Miami, Florida

I purchased a lg washer and dryer as a set and since the day it was purchased the headaches,heartaches started,asked them to replace them under the federal law of 30 day return policy,this was 15 days into the purchase and store manager said it was up to corporate office,corporate office said it was up to store manager. It never got done and when trying to get these appliances repaired by the geek squad,they said they were unqualified to work on these products. after 15 months of fighyting/argueing with them and hearing every excuse imaginable we came ,they point blank refused to repair,replace these products. And after they send their repair boys out and figured out that the mechanical item was a lot smarter then the company service techs.

Google...Best Buy corporate governance or Best Buy corporate (or company) profile. Find out corporate phone number and name of CEO, get the fax number. Type up brief but concise letter, addressed to the CEO and fax it over. Get a large note pad and document the time, date etc of what you did.

Perhaps open a file on your computer and keep your work stored there.

Make sure your researched information was correct. Call the CEO's office and speak with his secretary, confirm that your faxed letter was received. State in your letter that you will be:

1. Contacting the Attorney General for fraud (in the state where the corporate office is located)

2. Contacting the local district attorney

to file a consumer complaint.

3. You can always file a claim in Small Claims Court....where you can add costs to the case (days off work, gas, copy costs, etc.)

OR call the regional/area/district manager of the Best Buy store where you made this purchase and light a fire under his butt to get this problem taken care of ASAP.

AFTER the problem has been resolved TO YOUR SATISFACTION....get a gift card from Best Buy to compensate you and your family for all the BS they put you through.

You decide how much $100.00 $150.00 etc.

You can always go local and complaint to a tv station/news channel....they have consumer action hotlines...rather lame though.

Good Luck & BE TOUGH!