Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy review in Culpeper, Virginia: Terrible customer service in dealing with a t.v. under warranty

My husband and I had purchased a 42 inch Samsung T.V. that was a just over a 1 1/2 years old. The t.v. started going bad and we had paid extra for the extended warranty so they came out. When they came out, the geek squad guy said he would order the part and that he would be back in 2 weeks. The morning he was to have showed up, he called to say that the part no longer existed and that we would get a new t.v. What they don't tell you, is that you then have to shell out another $200 for a new warranty on this t.v. To make matters worse, they lied that the part was no longer made, it actually is made but it cost too much for Best Buy to replace. They told us we were lucky we were getting a new t.v. but we got stiffed out of 2 years of the extended warranty because they did not want to fix the t.v. We exchanged the t.v., did not shell out another $175 dollars for a new warranty and after spending over $7,000 dollars at Best Buy on appliances in the past year, we are cancelling our credit card and will no longer buy from them. We now have HHGregg in our area and will try them. The customer service we encountered was terrible. The 4 year warranty is a scam! Best Buy sucks and they seem to be going the way of Circuit City. I should know, I grew up in Richmond where Circuit City started and had friends that worked there and they started going downhill because of the customer service.

I completely agree! 4 yr warrenty ends 10/2010 and they are trying everything they can to milk not giving us a new replacement on a tv they is now having it's 4th repair...

Stated in the warrenty that they are suppose to but now they go through a review board?? total BS!

Im considering a civial lawsuit againt them.. worst customer service between geek squad and HQ!

Meldon R

Well technically you really can't say they didn't tell you that replacing the TV fulfills their obligation on the warranty since it's printed in the brochure they gave you.

We've been dealing with this same issue since last halloween (yep you know that holiday that was three months ago)42" plasma 3 yrs into 4 yr waranty having power problem.. Wait 2 wks for service call..wait 2 weeks for part...oops!.wrong part sent..wait 2 weeks for part..

OH MY! PART IN NO LONGER available(according to Philips it's still available....Best buy trying to pawn it off on Philips as a lemon.. IT'S not a lemon, it broke just once (not a single completed repair call as per their own language)and Best Buy says it can't( or won't) fix it.

BB

says TV can't be replaced ,says it won't be refunded..This is not Philip's problem it's all Best Buy's.. small claims court here we go..(also seeking lost wages for all those service calls)

View more comments (2)

Best Buy - Bait and Switch on Sprint HTC Hero price

In the cell phone section of the Best Buy site, they have a featured offer - $99 for a Sprint HTC Hero. here is the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mobile-Cell-Phones/Cell-Phones/abcat0801000.c?id=abcat0801000 When I click on the offer, a new page opens that asks for my zip code. When I put it in, the price jumps to $179. What is up with that? I called their customer service. No help at all. instead they start asking whether i am a new customer to Sprint or an existing customer. Yet the price jumped just based on zip code. And to dbl-check that, I tried zip codes in Chicago, Wash Dc and New mexico. Each time the price went to $179. so where do you have to live to get the special offer?

who would want a hero anyway ???????????? :?

I hate Best Buy, and started a facebook group by the same name! Everyone should join as they are by far the worst company around!

GO to facebook and search I hate Best Buy.

The slogan will be Best Buy? Like *** it is!

Sprint don't care one way or the other. They don't allow customer service enough time to resolve your issue on the phone anyway.

They have a bunch of new people that can't resolve your issue due to lack of training.

So getting a new phone only means a new hassle with this Tragic company. GL you will need it!

#119356

you guys are idiots. complaining about Sprint, when it's best buy that pissed you off.

Yeah, I fell for that one too!! It seems like all cell phone stores can only offer the discount with a new two-year contract...to get the $99 price , you have to get a new 2-year committment to the carrier and then they pay for the discount on the phone. Either way, the $99 price IS correct.

"*After instant savings with a NEW 2-year agreement with the participating carrier and activation through Best Buy."

Pretty standard, and certainly not "bait and switch" stuff. :roll

View more comments (5)
Loss

Best Buy review in Baltimore, Maryland: Bought 2 nx110 on sale 1 bad 1 good paid cash no record cannot exchange

after trying to no avail to get help about the baD PRINTER and everyone telling me i need a receipt to exchange the printer that does not work, which i paid cash for and they have no record that i bought the printers they told me in few words that is just to bad, they were on sale for 29.00 and change i bought 2, so after this bad experence i and my family will no longer shop at any best buy,why because yor service stinks and all of the people that work in the hospital with my son shall know about your service and all face book persons blogs where ever i can posty this i will, hopefully it will slow down your sales and maybe you will be a little more thoughful of your customers after all word of mouth is a grest defender for us poor folks a very unhappy excustomer rif4@verizon.net

When you buy from any retail store you get a receipt with the details about returns written ON BACK (sometimes on front) of the receipt. If you do not agree with them, don't buy at the store. Saying, "don't they keep track of their cash sales?" is akin to saying, "when you pay cash, don't you KEEP the receipt?"

Meldon R

Well, from the 3rd DUH, you're lucky you got your money back. Most mildly intelligent people would realize that stores give you a receipt to prove you bought something.

It may shock you to learn that most stores won't just take your word for it. This isn't the old country store on Little House on the Prairie.

keep your receipts until you are sure you are satisfied with the product.

a receipt is not just for looks....

well duh best buy contacted me and guess what DUH they sent me my money back from company headquarters, DUH I guess when you speak with the right people good things happen, and DUH who has the last laugh now, a happy customer...

duh...they don't ask you that for a cash sale, or any other. They'll ask you if you're in RewardZone, and if not would you like to join.

If you're an RZ member, you get points on your purchases everytime they scan your card, plus is records all your transactions.

If you use your RZ card and pay cash they can reprint your receipt.

In the end, it's up to you to keep track of receipts, not the retailer. :roll

Um... they dont make receipts for you to wipe your *** with...

They are printed for a reason.

duh when you pay in cash they ask name,address,ph number for there records, i guess that they do not keep records of what they sell for cash, and any good store would at least give you another item for fair exchange, tell me DUH who keeps receipts for 2 months, maybe you because you do not trust anyone including yourself,so keep your bs to yourself, i thought you would at least be a little thoughtful in this matter8i guess your name DUIH really suits you

Why would you expect Best Buy to return something that they dont have reciepts for??? It is the responsiblity of the customer to hold the reciept.

if you dont have one it is not the responsibility of the company to maintain your records. You paid cash!

how do you expect them to track cash!! duh!

View more comments (7)

Best Buy review in Easton, Pennsylvania: Absolutely Ridiculous Customer Service

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite a505 laptop online and since it wasnt available to pick up at any store near me i decided to drive 70 miles to get that laptop since i wanted to gift that to one of my closest friends who was going overseas next day. As per the online purchase thing i waited for 2 emails( first to confirm inventory and then second email confirming that product is ready for pick up). i drove an hour and half away to get to POTTSTOWN PA store. After waiting over 2 hours in the store and in those 2hours i was continuously told that there staff is looking for my laptop and also they have received the email and acknowledged it. Well u guessed it.... after 2 hours of wait the customer service girl came to me and said that i dont know how u handled to wait for this long if i would be at ur place i would have left by now but anyways u r gonna have to leave now anyways cuz they r telling me to tell u that we dont have it. I got pissed and asked WHO THEY and she said my manager and i said where is he himself. she went on to call a manager for me...... here we go again. 3 guys passed all wearing manager name tag but refused to talk and told the girl to call someone else. finally one SO CALLED MANAGER "CHRIS" came in to talk to me. Talk to me ......what the *** only to tell me that he cant do anything they dont have my laptop and since its an online order jut call 1888bestbuy to cancel my order. I asked him that i want to talk to the GM. he said he was the GM and he already told me what to do and he left. I held my anger back and left that store and called their SO Called CUSTOMER SERVICE..huh....after 3 times explaining my problem to 3 different people the fourth one was kind enough to atleast dont hang up on me and listened to what i wanted to say and went on explaining me that it happens sometimes that store doesnt have inventory. I said really so that means that ur online emails mentioning "checking inventory at store and then ready for pick up is all fake". Like wise he got trapped and didnt had anything to say. I said i need ur corporate number. he said that i can call anywhere i want but its not gonna make any difference and only thing he can do is to offer me a discounted price on a different model. I badly wanted a laptop so i looked on their website and gave him a different model. Found it in a different store and went to pick it up. Wish Would have never done this mistake again Went to pick up at the store only to find out that instead of getting a discounted price i have been overcharged. It was for $599 listed on the website and i was charged $699. don know how and don know why but it was there. called back and cancelled the whole order and came back home pissed to the extent u can imagine. I am really really looking for a way to file a complaint against this company. If anyone out there knows a way or knows any way that i can reach out to their CEO or anyone of same designation pls reach out to me at luvchatts@gmail.com. I would really really appreciate it.
Meldon R

If you're driving 2 hrs each way, you may want to call first. When it's all said and done, what did you want "Chris" to do?

*** you a laptop? He didn't have it, what did you want him to say?

"Chris" didn't email you. Get mad at yourself for not calling and the website people for having a *** inventory system.

I hope Sirrus doesnt work the P.R. for Best Buy.

You suck at it.

What did you resolve with that *** response.1 you admit your company is and was at fault. 2 instead of resolving and making things right for customer , you preach at what he should have done and try to make it the customers problem to deal with in your own known defects.Now the internet world knows how truly sorry your service is by your own admission .Yet you go even further giving the customer more runaround.Fix this..You Idiots.

Everett

I work for Best Buy. I apologize for your situation, I don't know if they're aware of the bugs with the .com thing or not, but believe me I gripe about it to a manager every chance I get.

If our inventory system is off by even 1 (which most of the time it is), then the .com will say YES it's in the store, whether it physically exists or not. But very rarely will you receive a 2nd confirmation E-mail without someone physically finding the laptop, scanning it, putting your name on it with our giant green label and placing it behind the back counter. That's procedure and your E-mail doesn't get sent unless that takes place. My guess is the laptop actually was there since you received the 2nd E-mail, but someone misplaced it.

I agree, you shouldn't have to call and double-check. But driving 70 miles...it wouldn't be a bad idea. Tom is correct. District managers don't give handouts.

Store managers have 99% of the power to award or keep. Regarding the overpricing. I've been battling this since I started. The website usually shows a cheaper price than the in-store.

However, you usually get that price if you order it for shipping to your home. Add shipping and handling and it is cheaper to go to the store. In the future, call (enter a department number, any number, it's hard for 1 phone rep to get all calls, better to be routed to the right source). Ask if it's there and someone can physically see/touch it.

Pay over phone or just ask for a 24-hour hold and pay in the store.

Use Reward Zone card, earns you points and saves your receipt in our system for returns. Best of luck and sorry about your experience.

Tom's advice of calling customer-dont-care won't get you the CEO or someone of that level. It is just a maze of people who try to annoy you to the point of giving up and going away.

I'm not sure if he is being sincere in his advice or not, but you shouldn't have to call to double check what they are telling you online. Why do we have to do everyone's job for them???

1-888-237-8289, ask for customer care.

Next time just call the store you're going to and pay by cc over the phone. Using the .com really can muddy the process, because of going through the extra steps. :sigh

View more comments (4)
Service
Best Buy Manager
Loss
I originally purchased a Sony Bravia Television model KDL46W5100 on 12/3/09 at the Lancaster, PA Best Buy. The TV came as package with a Playstation 3 and a game and movie The purchase just by itself was a nightmare, I called in to the store earlier that day and was...

Always remember that you have a 30 day return/exchange period at Bestbuy, and it can be handled at any of their stores.

It's also very likely they'll run out of promotional TV like your Sony, because everyone seems to want one. They don't make them in the stores or at the warehouse, and when that happens you have to look for alternative ways to solve a problem like yours. They also just don't store extra boxes and packing material just in case they need to sell a display TV, and to sell a used on as new is illegal.

Maybe the better way would have been to return the whole deal?

Best Buy review in Dallas, Texas: BestBuy Store Card

They charged me $35 (twice) saying I paid late. I actually paid on time but they said it takes an extra 5 days to clear so technically its late. Then they asked me to pay $109 which I did to bring my account back in good standing, they didn't tell me they were going to take $15 of that as a fee for taking the payment over the phone! They refuse to refund any of the fees. As soon as I get my tax refund check, I'm closing this account. Don't shop bestbuy, they'll ruin your good credit and rip you off.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Its pretty much common knowledge that payments on a credit card will never go through as soon as you make them.

Even if its in person. Next time read all the paperwork and legal jargon next time you apply for any credit card and you won't get ripped off. Credit card companies hope you don't read the fine print. Thats how they make money.

If anything the Best Buy card (HSBC Card) is one of the best ways to build up your credit.

0% financing on most, if not all, purchases, and there are no penalties for paying it off early(god forbid anyone in this country ever do that). The lesson here is READ THE FINE PRINT and stop pointing fingers at your mistakes.

SO what if it says Best Buy all over it?

HSBC is giving the credit to be used only at Best Buy. That is why it says Best Buy all over it. HSBC is not giving you credit to use at any other place.

And Best Buy isn't giving you any credit at all.

Meldon R

Hopefully you'll one day calm down and hear how unreasonable you sound. Best Buy doesn't operate the credit card, they pay somebody else to do that.

Get mad at HSBC. Best Buy didn't charge you anything.

Typical Best Buy Response, Move the blame. It has BEST BUY all over the store card and you can only use it at BEST BUY.

Take some responsibility!!!

I do hold HSBC accountable, but I also hold BESTBUY equally accountable. I will NEVER shop bestbuy again, and I've persuaded many of my friends to avoid bestbuy also.

The "Best Buy store card" is owned by HSBC. Complaints about their billing practices should be directed at them. This is all explained in the paperwork you were provided when you signed up for the account.

Fortunately, there is no penalty for paying off your account early, as there is with some other cards.

View more comments (4)
Review

Best Buy doesn't honor online installation prices

I recently got a holiday gift that requires installation. I looked online and Best Buy was offering installation services for around $100. It looked so convenient - just add the installation to the cart, pay online, then go to the local store to get the work done. Except that when I called to confirm and get an appointment for installation, they informed me the charge would be around $300 - about 3 times the online price. When I complained, Best Buy's corporate office called to inform me they do not honor online pricing on installations. Each store is permitted to determine pricing on the spot, regardless of what prices and services Best Buy has advertised or even pre-sold online. Fair enough, but then isn't it illegal to advertise or sell installation services online? Thank goodness we learned of this policy before we ordered anything large or expensive from them! We declined to have the item installed at Best Buy and we'll never shop Best Buy again.

Discount services on things like a TV installation usually happen at the time of purchase of the product they are intended for; not as a stand alone item. Check the ad again, or provide us a link so we might discuss it further.

Service
Best Buy Installation

Best Buy warranty means nothing

Bought a Sony 60" projection TV from Best Buy April 2004. With warranty and extras it came to $6800. TV is out for the 5Th time. TV will not last a yr without going out. Was told from their repair people, these TV'S were defected and after the 3rd time, we would get another TV. Best Buy, Sony or the warranty dept. could care less. Our warranty is out this April, so you know what Best Buy is doing. They do not CARE about customer service. I do not recommend anyone buying from BEST BUY. Their warranty means nothing.

I have a 50" HP TV that i got at best Buys. Over the last ten years i have spent alot of money there, but never again.

The TV has been out for 55 days. Three trips with three different parts to fix it didn't do the trick so the service company took nthe TV and sent a part to be rebuild and was to take two days. This was 3 wk and 2 days counting. The warranty department lost the part and the TV can't be replaced without the part being in the TV.

for best buys to replace the set it has to be in tact. Now the part has been found and is not fixed but they are sending it to the service center were the TV is so they can but it back together and return it to me so i can take the Tv TO BEST bUYS to exchange it for another TV The thing is i live 42 miles away from Best Buys and the service center is in the same town down the street from Best Buys. Makes no sence. But i have a feeling it well never get exchanged for i have been told so many lies by every one in every department This is the fourth time they said it would be exchanged so i don't belive it.

I couldn't even start to write the whole story and every lie i've been told. DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM THEM, IT WELL ONLY CAUSE YOU TIME , MONEY, AND MAKE YOU MAD!!!

"Going out" means a lot of things; can you be more specific? If you are talking about the bulbs, then I believe you might be part of a Sony class action group - you might want to check into it.

Best Buy's warranty only covers one bulb replacement, so if this is what your complaint is based upon, you're out of gas. :sigh

As much as I would LOVE to bash Best Buy, I have to call "bullshoot" on these people and their warrenty expectations. The warrenty from the manufactures covers "MANUFACTURERS DEFECT ONLY"- that is, stuff that was built wrong at the factory- it DOES NOT imply working forever!!

ALL electronics will fail eventually...they wear out! The fact that some retailers (Best Buy included) offer supplemental coverage at an additional charge on certain products (for things that aren't covered by the man. warrenty ie. heat, power surge, "wear and tear in normal use",etc..)is mind-boggleing to me- if you can guarantee that you will get X amount of years of use rather than "roll the dice" without it-who in their right mind would turn it down.

In my CC days, we had some issues with the vendors not backing up the warrenty and pissed off a very few customers- in hindsight, it would have been a smarter business decision to just take the hit and take care of the customer, but retailers are NOT a non-profit business! I am FAR from a Best Buy fan, but in this case, I have to side with the retailer- If you CHOOSE to buy a "Chevy Cobalt for $8000, you can't complain when it doesn't perform or last as long as a $40,000 Mercedes!!

View more comments (2)
Review
On christmas eve, I read about this deal that best buy was giving on a Sony 40" LCD + Song BluRay Player + Sony 5.1 Surround Sound System for an amazing price of almost $1,300! I wanted to buy it right away so I called and the stores were closed so I call the 24 hour...

Williamsburg VA Best Buy,

Same thing happen to me yesterday. I called the police and was told to take it to court.

something needs to be done about Best Buy. I've been a loyal customer in the past two months I know I've spent over $3000. I got my iwatch, Harmon Kardon head set, sound bar, another tv, etc... The sales clerk in that store know me.

I can't believe it!

I tried to call head quarters they said the manager in the location has to handle the situation. I'm in the military and don't have the time but I'm going to make the time to go to court $1542 is a lot of money to just let BB have.

Onekeisha@yahoo.com

Review
The Geek Squad is a rip off. They take advantage of anyone with a question. They treat their customers like prey instead of appricating their business. They tried to tell me I made a laptop crash after having it less than 24 hrs. I was sold a laptop as new that...

The battery would be in the laptop if it was a Toshiba or a certain Dell model. I call *** because if the laptop was defective they would replace it. There is more to the story, such as damge orsomething.