Best Buy does not care about customers satisfaction

I purchased two Magellan 1440 GPS systems at Bestbuy.com back in November. I have returned the two systems a total of 5 times due to defects in the product. When one of them went out yet again, I called Best Buy to arrange to take the product back into the store and get a credit toward another product. I was told in no uncertain terms this was impossible. I had to deal with the .com department. When I called them for a refund, I was told that even though the product had been returned numerous times, they had a 30 day return policy and therfore I was out of luck unless I wanted to do a no receipt return and take a $40 loss. The fact that they sell this poorly designed product is one thing but they seemed to find it humerous that I was stuck with it. Oh and yes, I did call Magellan and they also have a 30 day return policy for refund. I can however keep returning the product for replacement for another 6 months until my warranty expires. FORGET IT! I will never shop at Best Buy again and advise anyone who considers it to be sure of the return policy and GET IT In WRITING!
rational t

Why do people always assume since they buy two of something they can create their own return / service policy.

I bought some appliances from best buy and explicitly selected the delivery date by clicking a day on the calendar on the bb site that said the appliances were available.

Ten days later, on the day of delivery I called about the expected time frame and was told that the appliances would not be delivered because they did not have them in stock.

I could not believe my ears! Not only will I not have appliances for an undetermined time in my new home, but no one from bb notified me of this debacle. When I called their customer service number, to get some answers and a resolution, the supervisor wes terribly rude, unprofessional and hung up on me.

I am going to contact the C-Level executives from Best Buy and unless they rectify this horrendous situation, I will NEVER shop there again.

I bought a washer and dryer from Best Buy (worst mistake I ever made). First quote was next day delivery.

Delivery was in 2 weeks do to back order. Then when the delivery came the hardware to install was on back order. Installers did not speak English. So they left the boxes in my living room for Easter.

They came back again with the wrong hardware and blamed it on the sales rep for ordering the wrong one.

Now they left the install up to me I went to Lowes and got the right hardware first time.

Never again will I buy appliances from Best Buy. This was the worst buy ever.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Terrible customer service & return policy | Best Buy review from Saint Louis, Missouri

Ordered online a remote car starter for a family member. Called last week to schedule install (basic install included with purchase) and was told it would be an additional $210 for a $209 item. Took item back to store for return and told it was beyond the 30 day return policy and they could not do anything, but I could call customer service. Sat in the parking lot for 40 minutes talking to 5 different agents (the first agent hung-up on me when I insisted on talking to a supervisor). They all said they could not do anything for me. Finally talked to a supervisor and she said she would talk to the store manager to see if there was anything he could do. I was put on hold and she came back and said that the manager would give me a store credit. It was better than nothing so I went back inside and returned the item. What a frustrating and time wasting event. The manager could have offered the credit in the first place. If you have issues with Best Buy stay diligent and insist on an equitable solution!

Best buy lies

I called a store as soon as they opened this morning, and was told that Best buy would hold a product for me for one hour. I was in the store ten minutes later. After going back and forth with customer service and the eletronics deparment. I was asked if I was going to purchase the insurance plan, I stated no that I was not going to at this time. Knowing that in the past purchase's with this store I had 14days to decide if I did infact which to add the insurance. All of a sudden they are out of the product I was in the store for. Worst part is leaving work to go to the store only to be told the guy standing next to me was getting the product I had called in about. Apparently it pays to not just buy the product but all the extra's as well to insure you get what you came for.

they lied and said my home was dirty in fact it wasent it was cleaned before they came and the floors were mopped (wood floors) because of that they are not coming back to fix it

Diane

Don't buy from Best Buy (BB). They threw out the investigator from Consumer Affairs on my complaint.

They lied to me about what was wrong with my computer.

Investigator called BB corporate and got me a new laptop and $500 gift certifice for BB. Won't ever do business with them again.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy

Paid my bill on time as i have for years. sent in my payment for March 2010. for $25 Opps. I should have sent in $26. Best buy charged me $39 for a late payment. Wow seems to be a little much. The payment was not late i just shorted the payment by a dollar. The company i work for charges $6 for a late fee. But $39.00 and it was not late, Ok charge me $10. Teach me a lesson yes they did. I bet not shopping at best buy any longer. I will save my $39 dollar back in no time... Thanks Best Buy.

Best Buy did not charge you anything, HSBC, the credit card company charged you. i hate how people blame best buy when they have nothing to do with billing.

And it's a credit card, you don't send in the minimum amount due, you have to pay. If you don't understand those terms, don't have a credit card.

Well here is a news flash for you IHI people,,humans program those machines. My machine or program in my billing system, Will not give someone a late fee if they send 90% of there payment.

If there non-payment part of there bill reaches 50% of the bill to be paid they will receive a$6.00 late bill. $6.00 not $39.00. You knows i should raise my late payment up to $39.00 and i to can buy a house in Europe also. Maybe a new Rolls-royce Phantom.

Or maybe i will just keep it low cause i control what i want to charge. So please don't defend this problem with "It's just a dumb machine. Machines are only as dumb as the people that use them.

And yes i dislike incompetence as well. However will not let a large company push me around without a fight because a dumb machine.

rational t

Sadly the machines that automatically bill you for your late fee do not have an emotion meter to know what a nice guy you are to not charge you so much. Ill call corporate and see what I can do.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy and Acer got me good

Best Buy has got me PISSED !!! I purchased an Acer laptop from them online and was told (and they heavely advertised this) that I would get a free upgrade to Windows 7... Ive contacted them and right off the bat I started to get the runaround... I was told to contact Acer for the upgrade... I contacted Acer and was told they are having a problem with Microsoft and they no will no longer be giving the upgrade... I got back with Best Buy and was basicly told "OH Well" Not our problem... The whole situation sucks and I bet I'm not the only one with this problem... Jon in Ohio
Review

22 days - still waiting for service and truth | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

22 days today and I'm still waiting for my 50" Samsung TV to be repaired. The worst service I have ever received. If I don't call to check on status, I receive no information unless it's after the fact. Now I'm told parts are on back order - have to wait until 4/2 and then may not receive. Have been lied to by everyone but Irene (she is great). Rude, unprofessional service - fix my TV or give me a new one. Retrain or train your people to have customer service skills and not just say - "Oh My" or "I'm sorry but". Follow-up with the customer when parts are delayed and date of service changed. Call customer prior to day of repair call to let them know their appointment has been cancelled. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Irene is the only good thing about your service and company.

I've been waiting now for the same number of days (22) and my 50" LG TV is still not repaired. I spoken to everyone including some Premier Silver Customer Service people (who have no authority to do anything but say "I'm sorry").

Don't believe even Irene - I was told they'd fix it this week or give me a new TV - sure, that's gonna happen. Shope elsewhere - like online!

Samsung not Best Buy partner

52 inch Samsung LCD breaks. I call Geek Squad because I bought policy. Guy shows up and cant *** wall by himself. Reschedules and two guys show up. No ladder, I have to loan a ladder. Comes back 3rd time with power board still no fix. I complained to Samsung, they say warranty is void because Best Buy worked on it. Found out I had a year in house with Samsung, why did I get pressured to buy Geek Squad policy? Best Buy tells me to be patient as after 3 repairs I can exchange it and it doesn't have to be a Samsung. These two giants do not partner and in my opinion could care less about the consumer. I still do not have the Samsung repaired. Buyer beware !!!!!!! I am still waiting on an answer, I have to live by their rules when they don't!!!!!!!!

I bought a Samsung 52" LCD TV which cost about $3000 at the time . It lasted about a year and 4 months which of course was after warranty had expired.

I thought Samsung was top of the line, but now will never buy another Samsung product. I'm shopping for a new TV tomorrow.

Loss

BEST BUY VERY DISHONEST, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Best Buy are dishonest and play games. On Monday 03/22/2010 I went to look at washer and dryer.I saw the Samsung WF218ANW model washer and Samsung DV218AEW dryer on sale at $599 each reduced from $799 each. I asked the salesman when will this sale end he told me on Saturday. I returned on Wednesday 03/24/2010 to purchase both washer and dryer.The price was back at $799 each.I asked for the manager.When he arrived he said "PRICES ARE ALWAYS CHANGING".I telephoned customer service basically they didn't care they said "Nothing we can do". I've purchased a Samsung 50'plasma tv and 55'Lcd just five months ago from Best Buy that will be the last purchase "I'LL EVER MAKE FROM THEM"

Never again! | Best Buy review from Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have never had such horrible customer service in my life. My sister and I purchased a washer/dryer from Best Buy. The system that they used to place our order was down at the time and we were assured that as soon as the system came up our orders would be completed. So after paying for our order we left the store thinking all was well. Issue #1 - I never heard from Best Buy everything I knew of my washer/dryer order was provided to me by my sister. If she didn't place an order I would have had no clue what was going on with my order.(BB answer - I don't know why no one has called you) Issue #2- They were going to deliver her washer/dryer to an address she hasn't lived at in over ten years. (BB answer - I don't know how that happened). Issue #3 - for 2 1/2 days no one in BB could find our order. (BB Answer - I don't know how that happened). Issue #4 - Executive relations tells me there is no form of compensation for my frustration because he felt that my sister and I were providing "conflicting information".(Basically we are liars.) I will never buy anything else from this place and I hope no one else does either. They have the WORST customer service ever!

Wrong dishwasher but pay twice. | Best Buy review from Silver Spring, Maryland

My went took a printout of a dishwasher to Best Buy in Bel Air Maryland so she could see it before placing an order. She liked it and let an associate place the order. Nearly a month later when it came to the store I picked it up, brought it home and installed it. By then my wife was recovering from surgery. Several days later when she hobbled out of the bedroom she told me it was the wrong one. The associate had ordered from a terminal out of sight when he returned to her didn't copy the stock number on the printout. Narturally this was a cheaper one. She called the store and couldn't get the problem resolved so she called corporate customer relations and wound up with a 3 way conversation with a store associate and customer representative agreeing to let us keep the dishwasher that I installed until the correct one came in. When I went to place the correct order the next day the return counter insisted that I pay a second time even though the mistake was Best Buy's. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he left for the day. I asked for the district manager's number and was given a bogus number. After about a total of 10 hours in store and on the phone to corporate customer service we finally got it returned without a resocking fee. After I was denied a second time to speak to the store manager I left my phone number. It's been over 2 weeks and still no call. Best Buy employees just don't care because there is no recouse. Even the company customer service indicated the it's the manager and district manager's choice to talk to you. You have no right to speak with anyone of authority.