Worstbuy store(they call best buy)

i took my truck(2010 F150) to worstbuy store for a amp/sub install they did the worst install posible. when i complained I was told that i did not pay for good install i paid for a sh***ty install. they did not return the left over equipment. they installed the sub in a "fire to be happen way". they did not test the system. they charged $ 400.00 and my system is not working properly, the driver door has a rattling noise, one speaker has no sound after 2 wks install. i contact corporate office just to be told that they are sorry... but not regrets or way to fix the problem other than take it back to the store... ever again i am going to step in any worstbuy store in the world. geek guys are only that clowns that rip your pocket with the ilusion they will fix your problem. it happen at Spring Hill FL store. Make your live easier never take your car to a worstbuy store...

I definitely not going to deny that they overcharge for their car surface and most of the employees who work in the car install are ***. At my store we just happened to get lucky and get a guy who has been working on car electronics his whole life.

I just tell all my bodies it is way cheaper to go down the road to a local guy who installs for half the cost.

To have 4 speakers, new car deck, 2 twelve inch subs, a capacitor, a 4 way channeler and a 1000watt amp installed they wanted to charge me near $800. I was able to find an amazing installer who actually also taught me how to install everything as he went along for an even $200 something best buy could never even come close to matching.

Loss

More involved with each other than customer | Best Buy review from Cheyenne, Wyoming

I went into the Loveland, Colorado store in the Centerra Shopping Center to exchange my Blu-ray player, but was unable to get any real assistance. A female began assisting me and after a few minutes she called in her manager. This manager approached in a very intimating manner and placed himself in front of her. I am thinking "okay, this is weird" and after explaining the issue that I was having with the DVD player he directed someone on his ear piece to assist me and left with this female employee. Needless to say, no one ever showed up in the electronic department to assist so I headed to the desk where I found them snuggling and all involved with each other, while I am trying to correct this simple issue of an item exchange. So much for being a PREMIER SILVER MEMBER. I am left to believe that the fact that I inquired the manager's girlfriend to assist a customer in his time of need meant that I was banned from any assistance. Took my service to FORT COLLINS, COLORADO.
rational t

From the tone and remarks your stating in your story one must wonder how you acted to the employees in the store. Since the manager came over and stood in front of the employee I am assuming then that they were called because you might have been a bit of a handful.

I highly doubt that they were behind a desk snuggling...

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy

Stopped in Best Buy in Mankato, MN to purchase a Nikon D90. The sales person working with me couldn't get logged into the computer. Promised to call me back in the afternoon before I left town. After 6-hours and return trip back to the store, someone else took the time to located a camera at another store. It seems the staff wasn't interested in selling me a $2,000 packaged deal. I received an email a few days later saying the camera was ready for pickup. I made a special trip only to be told they have to trick their computer system into thinking it was at the store. They were sorry that no one told me I would be receiving a bogus email from the company. They would not offer a small discount on camera accessories, I was told if I wanted to file a complaint against the store it wouldn't go anywhere. A manager agreed with my comments that I was "*** out of luck" and needed to buck up and shut up and pick the camera up after they call me. If they weren't the only rodeo in town where I could purchase a Nikon D90 I would not be buying from them.
Service
Best Buy Deal
We decided to upgrade our Sprint cell phones thru Best Buy because they offered a much better price than Sprint. They talked to us about their wonderful "Black Tie Protection Plan" that they offer at $10.00 per phone per month. It sounded great as we were promised...

Just purchased a Best Buy extended 3 year warranty for over $300. On my $800 laptop purchased in 2010 and a couple months later I have a blue screen on my laptop.

I had a similiar issuea year earlier and the fan was replaced a the computer was restored. This time I stood a the counter for 45 minutes while the very rude salesperson looked for Tech Support coverage which, as it turns out, I did not have. The year prior I had both a hardware issue and a software issue and they fixed both under warranty without mention of having to have a tech support warranty. Now their telling me I needed to have tech support warranty coverage for them to fix it.

I was so upset the manager said he would fix the software issue as a "courtesy." A week later I receive a call telling me there was an issue with the fan and it has been repaired so I can come pick it up. I get there today and watch as the salesperson opens it and it starts up and crashes to a blue screen again. After embarrassing myself some more by emotionally reacting to a rude, incompetant and lazy salesperson I got the manager, Jason. After some more waiting he agreed to correct the "software" issue as a "courtesy." I will be grateful when my computer is returned to me working order again but I am fearful of future incidents in the next 3 years.

I really feel cheated and so disappointed in Best Buy for their sneaky sales tactics. I just bought 2 air conditioner units and warranties for both.

I am considering getting my money back for all my Best Buy warranties; I currently have 4. If anyone knows a better warranty company I can use, please let me know.

View more comments

Best Buys Screwed Up And scratched and Gouged my Laptop Top

I bought a lap top from Best Buys. It was about 6 months old at that time. They scratched and gouged the top while working on it. They sent it off to replace the top. When they did they sent it back with a broke latch. So I again had them look at it. They again scratched the top. Now it has a broke latch and a scratched top. So they sent it back. Best Buys from Bowling Green, KY called me to let me know it was in again. Now mind you I have to drive 1 hour and about 1 and 15 mins out of my way to get there. I asked over the phone it it was scratched they said no. So I brought my mom for the drive thinking I was running the store then back out. She is on oxygen but the drive was a good thing to get her out. After I got to the store the same top was still on the computer and still scratched and the latch still sticky. Now they refuse to fix it. They say they don't fix cosmetic problems. I called a Tina, (no one gives me last names) at phone number 612-292-0117 She said she would get it fixed, the next day Best Buys from Bowling Green calls me to tell me my computer is back in. After asking to speak to a manager, named Jody, he said he looked at it and it had no scratches. I drilled him for over 15 minutes he said it had some minor scratches. And they didn't repair those. I bought it new had NO scratches on it. Let a lone gouges on it. They were made by Best Buy, they admitted it on paper and now refuse to fix them.
Review

Best Buy does not care about customers satisfaction

I purchased two Magellan 1440 GPS systems at Bestbuy.com back in November. I have returned the two systems a total of 5 times due to defects in the product. When one of them went out yet again, I called Best Buy to arrange to take the product back into the store and get a credit toward another product. I was told in no uncertain terms this was impossible. I had to deal with the .com department. When I called them for a refund, I was told that even though the product had been returned numerous times, they had a 30 day return policy and therfore I was out of luck unless I wanted to do a no receipt return and take a $40 loss. The fact that they sell this poorly designed product is one thing but they seemed to find it humerous that I was stuck with it. Oh and yes, I did call Magellan and they also have a 30 day return policy for refund. I can however keep returning the product for replacement for another 6 months until my warranty expires. FORGET IT! I will never shop at Best Buy again and advise anyone who considers it to be sure of the return policy and GET IT In WRITING!
rational t

Why do people always assume since they buy two of something they can create their own return / service policy.

I bought some appliances from best buy and explicitly selected the delivery date by clicking a day on the calendar on the bb site that said the appliances were available.

Ten days later, on the day of delivery I called about the expected time frame and was told that the appliances would not be delivered because they did not have them in stock.

I could not believe my ears! Not only will I not have appliances for an undetermined time in my new home, but no one from bb notified me of this debacle. When I called their customer service number, to get some answers and a resolution, the supervisor wes terribly rude, unprofessional and hung up on me.

I am going to contact the C-Level executives from Best Buy and unless they rectify this horrendous situation, I will NEVER shop there again.

I bought a washer and dryer from Best Buy (worst mistake I ever made). First quote was next day delivery.

Delivery was in 2 weeks do to back order. Then when the delivery came the hardware to install was on back order. Installers did not speak English. So they left the boxes in my living room for Easter.

They came back again with the wrong hardware and blamed it on the sales rep for ordering the wrong one.

Now they left the install up to me I went to Lowes and got the right hardware first time.

Never again will I buy appliances from Best Buy. This was the worst buy ever.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Terrible customer service & return policy | Best Buy review from Saint Louis, Missouri

Ordered online a remote car starter for a family member. Called last week to schedule install (basic install included with purchase) and was told it would be an additional $210 for a $209 item. Took item back to store for return and told it was beyond the 30 day return policy and they could not do anything, but I could call customer service. Sat in the parking lot for 40 minutes talking to 5 different agents (the first agent hung-up on me when I insisted on talking to a supervisor). They all said they could not do anything for me. Finally talked to a supervisor and she said she would talk to the store manager to see if there was anything he could do. I was put on hold and she came back and said that the manager would give me a store credit. It was better than nothing so I went back inside and returned the item. What a frustrating and time wasting event. The manager could have offered the credit in the first place. If you have issues with Best Buy stay diligent and insist on an equitable solution!

Best buy lies

I called a store as soon as they opened this morning, and was told that Best buy would hold a product for me for one hour. I was in the store ten minutes later. After going back and forth with customer service and the eletronics deparment. I was asked if I was going to purchase the insurance plan, I stated no that I was not going to at this time. Knowing that in the past purchase's with this store I had 14days to decide if I did infact which to add the insurance. All of a sudden they are out of the product I was in the store for. Worst part is leaving work to go to the store only to be told the guy standing next to me was getting the product I had called in about. Apparently it pays to not just buy the product but all the extra's as well to insure you get what you came for.

they lied and said my home was dirty in fact it wasent it was cleaned before they came and the floors were mopped (wood floors) because of that they are not coming back to fix it

Diane

Don't buy from Best Buy (BB). They threw out the investigator from Consumer Affairs on my complaint.

They lied to me about what was wrong with my computer.

Investigator called BB corporate and got me a new laptop and $500 gift certifice for BB. Won't ever do business with them again.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy

Paid my bill on time as i have for years. sent in my payment for March 2010. for $25 Opps. I should have sent in $26. Best buy charged me $39 for a late payment. Wow seems to be a little much. The payment was not late i just shorted the payment by a dollar. The company i work for charges $6 for a late fee. But $39.00 and it was not late, Ok charge me $10. Teach me a lesson yes they did. I bet not shopping at best buy any longer. I will save my $39 dollar back in no time... Thanks Best Buy.

Best Buy did not charge you anything, HSBC, the credit card company charged you. i hate how people blame best buy when they have nothing to do with billing.

And it's a credit card, you don't send in the minimum amount due, you have to pay. If you don't understand those terms, don't have a credit card.

Well here is a news flash for you IHI people,,humans program those machines. My machine or program in my billing system, Will not give someone a late fee if they send 90% of there payment.

If there non-payment part of there bill reaches 50% of the bill to be paid they will receive a$6.00 late bill. $6.00 not $39.00. You knows i should raise my late payment up to $39.00 and i to can buy a house in Europe also. Maybe a new Rolls-royce Phantom.

Or maybe i will just keep it low cause i control what i want to charge. So please don't defend this problem with "It's just a dumb machine. Machines are only as dumb as the people that use them.

And yes i dislike incompetence as well. However will not let a large company push me around without a fight because a dumb machine.

rational t

Sadly the machines that automatically bill you for your late fee do not have an emotion meter to know what a nice guy you are to not charge you so much. Ill call corporate and see what I can do.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy and Acer got me good

Best Buy has got me PISSED !!! I purchased an Acer laptop from them online and was told (and they heavely advertised this) that I would get a free upgrade to Windows 7... Ive contacted them and right off the bat I started to get the runaround... I was told to contact Acer for the upgrade... I contacted Acer and was told they are having a problem with Microsoft and they no will no longer be giving the upgrade... I got back with Best Buy and was basicly told "OH Well" Not our problem... The whole situation sucks and I bet I'm not the only one with this problem... Jon in Ohio