Filter by rating :
filters

Advertised 6 gb dell, in fact sold me 4gb..bait and switch | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

Made the mistake of shopping Best Buys advertised price after extensive research and price comparison both online at at several local office supply stores. Best Buy advertised a 6GB Dell desktop with 750 GB hard drive bundle package too good to pass up. Stopped at best Buy the evening of sale, and was told they did not have the tower, though the model was on shelf, identical model number a specs, at a much higher price. Manager told us they would pick one up at another Best Buy if we paid in advance and could wait a couple of days, No problem. Paid in full. The girl that rang us up, kept ringing and then deleting items in bundle, said that's the way it is done. A second manager looked at receipt, asked register girl to re-ring correctly, she had a tantrum and refused, they then both agreed it was correct, we paid and left, exhausted after a long work day then computer shopping. A couple of days later, picked up computer bundle,everything extra we had bought installed nicely, but were stopped at door, threatened with police because alarm rang, big scene, fortunately manager was there that knew we paid (receipt was in our hands!) and that ended. I never went over computer carefully enough as I should, in fac, kept computer home in package until after New Year's when we brought computer to work. Everything was in package, up and running, was happy until I just now checked my system and find I in fact got the wrong model, a 4 GB 64 bit system. Receipt matches model I do have. What can I do? called Customer Service (800 #) and was told by supervisor "Jessie" "that's just too bad". ??? I honestly do not know what the difference in GB is truly worth, but do know I did not get what I paid for, and want to be compensated if nothing more than a gift certificate to Best Buy. I would like to shop there in the future, but wil not if this bait and switch in not corrected. What can be done, if anything. I will check my receipts against model # / specs more carefully in future. Mybad, I was too trusting.

Dude, it started as a mistake but you never corrected it. When you paid the cash they gave you a receipt. You clearly didn't look at it because it's made out for the 4GB model (according to your statement). That receipt is should have been treated as cash. You needed to ensure it was correct. Would you accept a $100 bill that has Mickey Mouse's picture instead of Franklin? Of course not, but that's essentially what you did here.

To make matters worse you didn't inspect the merchandise. This was your second opportunity to see and correct the mistake but you ignored it again.

Now the only thing preventing you from returning it is the extended time it took for you to finally look at those things. What were you thinking?

They did you wrong: They sold you the wrong product. HOWEVER, you had the opportunity to correct it but never did. You had 15 days or whatever, but you let that elapse. Now the deal is done and that's the computer you bought. No bait and switch at all. In fact, FAIR DEAL.

No IQ he has to prove malice in order to claim bait and switch. He has to prove that he was singled out in a criminal act.

Something he failed to do.

How about you look in to what a crininal act is. The fact that he was allowed to uy a computer proves to me a crininal act.

So YOUmade a human mistake by not checking what you bought but just because someone at best buy ( a HUMAN ) made a mistake and gave you the wrong item it's called bait and switch.

Oh you are such the saint arn't you?

Hard economic times? Is that your excuse for your own stupidy? Get a new one. you spent a bunch of money on an article and faild to check it. Your fault. Not the stores or anyone elses but yours.

What is wrong with a little personal responsibility? If that still existed in our country today we wouldn't have this "economic" problem. But it's all Bush's fault and the Bank's fault. Ya OK.

When you grow up and act like an adult let me know. Untill then I am tired of your lazy ignorant childish ***

so basically, because I was trusting and, not lazy, more like exhausted working 7 days a week and giving my customers a hand up in these hard economic times, it justifies Best Buy's unscrupulous business practices. I pity you if that is the realty that you live in.

I thankfully would never treat my customers this way, and in fact, have lost money at times making things right when I have made an honest ,human mistake.

You stated yourself that you didn't go over the pc carefully or soon enough. So what the *** do you want??

Had you have been more responsible you would have checked the hardware ASAP and had there been a problem it could have been taken care of.

Yer own fault. Next time don't be so lazy and slow.

View more comments (5)
Review

Best Buy deals in bad faith

I purchased a "new" HP laptop as a present which was "serviced" by Geek Squad before purchase. When we opened the box there were hand written CDs and no factory disks in the box. This was quite conserning and made me think this was a used or returned item. After having the laptop less than a week, we noticed a small crack in the corner of the screen. My daughter returned to the store where he manager was rude an accused her of causing the damage. I called later and he refused to speak to me. I called the general manager who was "too busy" to speak to me and never returned my call. The online customer service states that it is up to the store to decided if it should be replaced.
cgorman3

Had a similiar experience with a tv. Managers must be trained to be rude and not take anything back. Best Buy is a scam.

Just so you know, computers no longer come with "factory disks", thus the pre-made restore cds created by the Geek Squad.

Loss

Laptop Support | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

My daughter purchased HP laptop from Best Buy. She was told that she purchased a "factory warranty". It has been back to Best Buy for repairs 5 times and "sent to the factory" for repairs each time. It is still not working, and HP has no record of her EVER bringing it in for repairs. HP explained to me that Best Buy has a "special" relationship with HP. They send the units to their own "service facilty" and HP never sees the computer. Now, Best Buy wants to rent her a laptop until they can figure out what is wrong with it. Should they not be able to fix it, their "Customer Solutions Manager" Farhad Ahmad, will apply the rental towards another laptop. As the CEO of a manufacturing company, I intend to advise my employee base of their business practices and ask them not to do business with Best Buy. Bob Smith, CEO BB Motor Corp

What was the exact issue with the laptop, Best Buy HP laptops have issues with the batteries not making a good connection and just shutting down randomly. with the DV6 series.

Best thing to do is never purchase the extended warrentee with any store, but just keep the main one that comes default, that special relation is ***, all stores never send into manufacturer, Walmart, sams club, best but, heck even circuit city all sent to their own repair centers.

Problem with Best Buy is their repair people have no actual school or hands on expirience with electronics, so they mess stuff up a lot.

Loss

No trust in employees | Best Buy review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

U R *** EMPLOYEE TRUST YOU HAVE NONE TOOK ME 1 1/2 half hours to get a camcorder they need manager keys another with a matching key come on trust the people that work for you or they will steal from you you know you people are really *** so you make this *** so hard for people to complain agaisnt a frog *** tight company that dont know anything about phila trust me my next purchase for anthing electric will be from best buys andi will tell everyone i know hot to never got to hhgregg cause the wairing sucks and so does the complaint department gUYS YOU NEED TO TRUST YOU EMPLOYEES MORE the waiting for a key is nuts and the manager at the roosevelt store is rude and not just to me but he treats his employees as slaves and he has the keys to everything and they have to track him down on his time service was great from the kid that took care of us to the casheier took ten minites till the manager deceide to open the case took an half hour never again sorry i tried once bad impression back to best buys Ray

I know exactly what you mean... :zzz

Youre an *** and what you say doesnt make any sense!! LOL

Telephone Call to Best Buy Customer Support. What A Load

I bought a new laptop from best buy on-line and set it up. When I tried to connect to my wireless router, no luck. Now mind you, I'm no computer expert, but I've worked with windows for several years now, and I've used my wireless router at home for 3 years and it's a nice N-type router. So I'm thinking, OK, Windows 7 is different, and maybe I'm missing something here, so I'll call Best-Buy Customer Service. Well, the first call I make, the nice gal tells me to install the disk for the router. So now I think, easy enough, I had forgotten the router had a disk. Well, the disk won't run, so I call back for some more input from their staff. To sum up the conversation, in the time this next person spent telling me how hard it would be to connect my new laptop to my router and try to sell me on having a Geek Squad person come to my house and do it, he could have walked me through it on the phone. Instead, I must have listened to a 30 minute line of BS on all the compatibility issues, and you have to do this and that, and it's so hard and it may not even work then, blah, blah. And I ended up doing it myself anyway. So the whole experience with them was a huge waste of time. If I have any more issues with this computer, I'll deal directly with the manufacture.

dear dave, roll one and relax. The place is called; "BEST BUY", correct?

Not "BEST ADVICE" or "BEST PHONE GALS", they are in the business of selling. Selling comps and selling their "Geek...." service, not the advice over the phone for free business.

Also, you could have hung up or politely interrupted after five minutes of going nowhere. Next time just figure it out or pay for the service, but be happy with the deal you got at the store and dont blame them for your incompetence.

For one thing you don't have a wireless n router probably your first problem because the technology didn't exist 3 years ago

Review

Best buy wouldnt honor price quote by employee

I asked an associate for assistance in purchasing a cable for my portable DVD player. He took me to the area of the cable picked up the once I needed and advised me of the price. When I got to the register and advised her what was quoted. She advised me that she would have to honor that price since as the employee stated. A manager was called to the front and advised that he couldnt honor the price for the cable because of the $25.00 difference even though I was advised incorrectly. He states that anyone could have put the merchandise there. I told the manager that more than one was on the peg. Instead of him offering to go check or a cheaper cable, his only concern was to not give it to me for the price the best buy employee that worked in that department gave and quoted to me. So I left and went to walmart and brought the cable for $4.00. So apparently the cable should have been the 14.99 the employee quoted me and it must have been ringing up incorrectly.
Review

No delivery - bad customer service | Best Buy review from Santa Clara, California

I ordered a refrigerator from bestbuy.com. The web site specified the delivery date. It allowed me to complete the transaction. The expected delivery date came and i did not receive any comfirmation email or phone call. Bestbuy did send me an email asking me to call to arrange hook up assistance (for a fee of course). When I call Bestbuy customer service regarding delivery, they said an email was sent which i never received so they claim it may have been a mistake of sending the wrong email - hookup instead of delivery. The customer service rep said there is nothing can be done and delivery is 3 weeks away. He gave no explanation of the delay but said i can call the warehouse. He was unwilling to help me in anyway. I asked him is there anything he can do for me since we need the refrigerator today and what would he do if he was in my situation... a long pause then he hung up on me. Is this good customer service? Will you buy for a company that does not care about how their customer feels... well, i will not shop at this company again. There are many competitors out there which has better service and products. I called Lowes and they have the same refrigerator ($4 higher in price) and they will deliver it next day to me free of charge. BestBuy (worstbuy) will charge you $70 just on the delivery. So next time you are looking to buy something from Bestbuy - shop elsewhere, it might be cheaper overall and a much more plesant experiences. The end product is the same no matter where you buy. Try online. If you are looking for computers and other electronic... look at bensbargins.net, techbargains.com and dealnews.com - compare the prices online vs. bestbuy.com or bestbuy store. You will find there is some major differences. So buyer beware of company with bad customer service and higher prices. Knowledge is power and bad customer service and bad products = going out of business.

I had similar things happen. I ordered a television. The manager in the store hid behind the TV rack instead of apologizing. When I called customer service, they hung up on me, too.

I already paid for the television, I just wanted to know when it would actually arrive. Nobody wanted to tell me. So, I canceled it on my credit card. My card company can handle them.

I will never shop with them again. Also, I never yelled or anything. I just wanted to know when it would arrive. Nobody knew.

Service
Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy Service Plan - We have been enalizing for over six months to repair TV though I have plan

I bought Samsung TV from Best Buy with full service plan. It has been over six months we have calling for repair and they could not fix it. At the same time they give long dates and not even replacing TV despite several visits. Please covey this message to other consumers. Please don't buy service plan. I bought several plans and this is the first time we have problem with their product and Best Buy is not repairing it Please I need help. Every time we call we get the same answers. We are still suffering from TV. Sajjad

Best Buy is not a Good Buy

I bought a Dishwasher, Washer, Dryer, Electric Range, Microwave, and Refrigerator from Best Buy.com fror my new house. I got on the Best Buy web site and at the same time went through the order with a Best Buy.com lady on the phone so I could get instant feedback on availability. The lady was very helpful. One bad thing was that she did make a mistake in the spelling of my name that came back to haunt me. I said my last name was G O R [M as in Max] LEY I purposely said "as in Max" because M and N sound alike. A week before the delivery, I called to check on the order. The lady I talked to had a tough time finding my order. This resulted in a time consuming delay. She tried looking for the order by credit card number and telephone number and finally found the order under G O R N (N as in NED) L E Y. She said she would correct the mistake. The order was delivered (a month later) but the stove was not in the order. I needed all the appliances installed for a mortgage appraisal on the new house the appliances were being put in. If I had been told in advance that the stove was on back order, I would have switched the order to an available stove. BUT NO… Best Buy On Line never told me. The delivery guys (who were very nice and apologetic) told me I had to go to the store and pick out a replacement. They said they could deliver it the next day, Sunday. Now – here I was - I have emphysema and wanted to avoid driving 25 miles to the store - That's why I ordered on line. BUT now I had to go to the store. I got to the store and the girl at the order desk had no record of my order. I said check under G O R N LEY but she said was nothing under G o r n l e y. That turned out to be her mistake because it WAS listed under G O R N L E Y) I tried going on line using a Best But MAC demo in Best Buy's PC department but no luck. So I had to phone Best Buy on line. They could not find the order. The lady tried by credit card number and telephone number and finally found the order under G O R N L E Y. More wasted time about a half hour….. All of this was time consuming and the oxygen in my assistive breathing tank was running low. Then I had to go onto the floor of the store and pick out another stove. The sales guy was sympathetic and said he would try to get me a better stove for the same price. Then I had to wait for approval by someone. Then he wrote up the order and added a delivery charge of $38 and an additional next day delivery charge of $30. I said it wasn't my fault that I was not notified that the first delivery did not include the stove. He said he would have to ask a manager to subtract the charge. This was a different manager, Dan, who did not know I was getting a better stove for the same price. So this manager subtracted the delivery from the FULL list price of the stove (the price without the courtesy discount). There went my courtesy discount. I was paying full price again. By this time I had turned down my oxygen on the supply gauge to stretch the supply. I had wasted an hour driving and two hours at the store. I was very uncomfortable, disgusted and upset. As I checked out of the store (Orange, CT, Post Rd) I saw the manager, Dan, whom I had dealt with. I said," I am not happy with my Best Buy experience." Dan did not say, "Sorry." Dan did not say, "What is the problem?" Dan did not say, "How can I make it right?" As I stood there incredulous, Dan said, "OK." I said, "So I say I am not happy with my Best Buy experience and you say "OK." You say it's OK that I am not happy with my Best Buy experience." He said, " I didn't say that." I said, "In effect, that is what you are saying." He just turned and walked away. I really thought Best Buy or any major store was supposed to be better than that. It saddened me greatly for the whole weekend especially since Sunday, the next day at 9 AM I had to return to the house for the second delivery. The two delivery man and all the rest of the people I dealt with were apologetic and sympathetic. NOT DAN. One man can ruin it for everybody. All the people tried to help me and Dan negated all their goodness. I called Best Buy Corporate Headquarters and asked for the President knowing I would not take to him/her but get his office. I got a secretary in the President's office,, She listened and apologized and said she would have someone from the store call. A few days latter the manager (Raymond) of the local Connecticut store phoned and left a message. I called back the store number a few times and got not answer. The next day a man answered and I left a message. No one called back. A few days later I called again. A lady answered and I left a message. No one called back. Eventually I moved into the new house. Everything worked but the washing machine. It clanked and vibrated so badly, it walked across the floor. I had to phone the manufacture for warranty service and take a day off from work to meet the repair man. The service technician found that the Best Buy installation guys left two packing braces in the washer that caused the problem. I would have been charged $65 for the service call because I was supposed to check the washer for such problems before calling service. Fortunately the service guy found one other minor problem and listed that problem on the repair ticket so the manufacture would pay for the warranty service. So my Best Buy experience almost cost me another $65! So if you need appliances, call Home Depot or Lowe's or Sears or anyplace because it is likely Best Buy will cost you more in the final analysis and will not even apologize for mistakes.

Best Buy Cannot Be This Incompetent

I purchased a new printer from Best Buy for a relative. The item was not in stock. I was assured it would be in the store in a couple of days. I called the store on 2 occasions and was told the item was on order. I got tired of waiting and called the store to ask for my money back. I was told a credit would be issued and on my card, It did not come. I contacted the store after waiting 2 weeks for the credit. I was told the item had been picked up and had been signed for. I explained to them I did not get the item. The store also informed me they had called me to tell me the item was in and that I had said I would be there on a Saturday to pick it up. I am uncertain who they contacted but it was not me! I was then told to come to the store by Consumer Relations at Best Buy Corporate and bring a signed ID. I did that. The signature on the pickup obviously was not mine. Did they give me a refund or the printer I purchased? NO. I was told they had to contact Consumer Relations to be instructed on "what to do". Instructed on "what to do"? Give me the item or my money back! I have spent multiple hours on this now as well as phone time being "on hold". If a consumer purchases an item and the is not delivered and/or the money is not returned this constitutes fraud. I am not sure what transpired on their end, but my end is clear. I did not sign for the pickup, I do not have the printer and they cannot seem to resolve the issue. There are far too many options when buying electronics to put up with this nonsense. I will NOT be purchasing anything from Best Buy again. I will relate this story to everyone I can think of and I will be contacting the BBB.

My guess is this person purposely made a different signature so it would not match, that way they get the item for free.