BEST BUY ....I AM PISSED OFF!

I just went back to use the BLACK TIE warranty service and was harassed for 60 minutes while they told me i must have misunderstood their policy (although they have been charging me 9.95 for the last 10 months. The plan was expressed that if the BLACK TIE protection plan allows a person to bring their phone back to best (rip off) BUY and if they can no fix it ...they will replace it (PALM PIXI).....the part they left out (the flippin idiots) was that they have to send it off and we could be without it for 3-6 weeks. This was the mount Juliet ,TN store and the department manager Holly Black was one of the most Sarcastic kid i ever met. The other person Mark (the person making the sale but leaving me without "the whole truth" kept us waiting for over 1 hour while he set up the "loaner phone" and literally joked and laughed with another employee the entire time. Best Buy....not only do you have a problem with your warranty/protection plans (should be called black hole protection...not black tie)...but your associates need a whole lot of training. So I am going to take my storey to the next share holder meeting (yes I own stock) and speak to all who attend the share holder meeting. Sincerely ABSOLUTLEY PO'd.

O yea, it's a team of undercover best buy employees posting on your complaints to make you look ***. Paraniod much? Whether those other comments were you or not, that last one made you sound like an ***

To all reading this. I (Rtaylor807) only wrote the initial complaint on 99/21/10......all the other post i.e 6 & 7 are not mine.

They are probably Best Buy corporate reputation defenders trying to make those writing legitimate complaints look like fools. Oh well....I guess my trips to best buy will yield more results as i take my time to tell all about my experiences.....should have plenty of listeners with the holiday traffic.

#205243

LOL you sound like a *** who wouldn't read about what you are paying for.

"Stalkholders"? Is Best Buy a corn based company?

#196935

"allows a person to bring their phone back to best (rip off) BUY and if they can not fix it ...they will replace it."

Did you think they repair phones in the back and would say "hey we fixed it"? No duh they have to send it out, and if they can't fix you get a new one.

Everyone wants stuff for free these days.

#195293

Yeah dude, you need to not be a blind *** and just R-E-A-D! Why are you paying for a warranty that you don't understand? You, along with every other *** that likes to sign paperwork or buy warranties without reading, are the easiest to fool.

#194951

Lol, you are the only one acting like a kid. I doubt that the sarcastic person was a kid.

However you act like an eight year old. You spell like an eight year old.

My conclusion you are eight years old. This would explain why you did not understand the policy, because you have the understanding experience of an eight year old.

#194949

Those people at the stalkholder meetings are just as dumb as the people working at BEst Buy, they said I misunderstood the policy. They laughted at me did not take my side.

#194948

Shut up guy behind the plan just shut up and go kill yourself.

Kathy, you ***, why dont you write your own coplaint instead of of posting your complaint in mine. ***.

#194221

Took my lap top in for service, disc drive guide came off, so they had to send it away for about 4 weeks( it really was longer, Holidays and all) when I got it back; the laptop would not boot up. They said it had a virus.

Funny it did not have one when I turned it over to Geeks. Ran virus scan and protection just before they took it over. It was Norton, the one they sold me + plus a second one (AVG). They then kept it for several more

weeks, tried to charge me for the virus they unleashed on my laptop, then when I got it back again the keyboard and mouse would not work.

Finally, some tech slammed one of their diagnostic discs into drive, scrolled around and fixed the problem.

Don't use the service for Best Buy, use a Tech who has proper PC training. :( :( :(

#193785

funny you never took the time to read the plan that you bought.

View more comments (9)
Review
#199475 Review #199475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Sells Inferior Toshiba Laptops

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop from Best Buy and one month later the keys popped off. I had it placed in my rolling computer bag and opened the laptop in a clients office to a mess of keys sitting atop the keyboard. I was able to place the majority back on but several could not be replaced. I contacted Best Buy and was informed that thirty days was up and there was nothing that could be done because the warranty does not cover the keyboard. BEWARE of patronizing Best Buy, they could care less about customer retention, satisfaction, or service.
#205246

It's not Best Buy's fault that Toshiba made a faulty product. You ran the risk of not being covered by BBY when you didn't buy their warranty, so you are stuck with the manufactures warranty. Which is, btw, the people you should be angry with.

#196926

Your best bet is to do this. Call Toshiba and tell them you have a sticky key.

They may ask you if you want to send it in for repair or you send you the keyboard. They may ask you to send the old one back.

I have had Dell and Lenvo send me new keyboard this way many times. If you search on the internet, you should be able to find the best way to get the other keys on if the above doesn't help out.

#193801

maybe you should read your service plan. that would be a great idea. or know that the 30 day return policy is there for almost every company in existance now.

View more comments (2)
Review
#199113 Review #199113 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

BEST BUY THE WORST ELECTRONIC STORE...STILL OPEN!!!

COME ON CONSUMERS, WHY ARE YOU BUYING FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. THEY DON'T ABIDE BY THEIR SALES WHICH IS BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING. THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE NOT FAMILIARIZED WITH THE PRODUCTS OR HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO PROPERTY DEMONSTRATE. LAZY MANAGERS. SO MANY EMPLOYEES THROUGHOUT THE STORE HUDDLE TOGETHER AND CHAT INSTEAD OF WORKING. IF THEY SELL YOU BAD EQUIPMENT, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU A RESTOCKING FEE OF 15% OF RETAIL PRICE EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS DEFAULTED! USE BEST BUY TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES, WATCH A SHOW, AND LOOK AT FLOOR SAMPLES. BUY ON AMAZON.........NO SALES TAX + FREE DELIVERY. WILL SAVE YOU $100'S ON A BIG PURCHASE. IN THIS BAD ECONOMY WHY SUPPORT A COMPANY LIKE THIS!!! LET'S PUT EM OUT OF BUSINESS.
#207673

What a couple of *** i*****! Gillette71 do you an actual account of why Best Buy is the worst electronic store?

Lisa, Does the freezer still posp open? Maybe some duct tape will work, Home Depot is running a special on some it comes with a 45 minute warranty.

#190981

QUIT BUYING! Why are we buying from ANYONE.

Just one example more (Athough I could give you several just from my recent experiences): I bought a brand new refigerator from American TV in Jan of '09. The next day I called and told them the freezer posp open constantly. They sent a technician (who rudely claimed to be a Christian) that replaced the seal that WAS NOT bad. Problem not fixed and they refused to replace or fix the issue.

Today, I still own that refrigerator. Problem not resolved even after complaining to BBB. Funny, was under warranty from Frigedaire also. Two more bad organizations.

I QUIT BUYING ANYTHING I don't truly need and they wonder what's wrong with our economy.

I say we TANK the economy and walk off jobs everywhere at once. If we have to suffer, then let the CEOs suffer more.

Review
#198815 Review #198815 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Lost Oven and Failed to Solve Issue in 4 weeks | Best Buy review from Cleveland, Ohio

In May of 2010, I spent $5,000 on home appliances with Best Buy. The sales process was fair but the follow-up was disaster. Extraodinary customer service is only found when there is an event that requires it. Best Buy is soo silo'd that they don't understand how to help or who owns the opportunity to help a customer. Overall they lost my GE Oven and spent 4 weeks trying to track it. I was caught between there store people, logistics/delivery, and their Corproate customer support. Everyone explained to me how this wasn't their problem or how they didn't have access to the right system to help me but NO one wanted to own it. People including store manager's promised to call me back and never did. The only person that seemed to initailly care was Dave who is a director of logistics and even he eventually stopped returning calls and "gave up" on helping. Even after 4 weeks of waiting I find an alternate source and then they made me come into the store to cancel the order. I have never been treated so poorly by an organization especially one that claims to have extraordinary customer service. They are a joke and I will never do business with them again.

Best Buy sucks *** I now do as much of my business and CompUSA. They have more of a selection of products.

I don't have to worry about the staff running the other way when you seek them out for help either. I too have a 42" Insignia and it has thankfully lasted at least almost 4 years. I now get black cloud smears over the left side of my TV shortly after I turn it on. Sometimes it is an annoying grey shaded wide patch almost mid center of my screen.

It seems when the TV is warmed up it suddenly dissappears and everything is fine. I am not even gonna think about any warranty because I know it has expired. I will never buy Insignia again though. Hopefully the next choice I make will be a smarter one.

This was my first ever LCD purchase. You live and you learn I guess.

Best buy sucks!!!!! I made a .10Cent mistake paying of my bill now they are charging me the defered intrest .

I guess they make no mistakes the darned thing is they sent me a bill for .10 cents w/o the intrest the next month and i guess now they got greedy!!! last time i shop there even if i could pay up front bad buisness :( :( :(

best buy sucks the are charging me a defered intrest now for a .!) cent mistake i made paying of my bill

i'll never buy at best buy, would be nice if they tell you about the return policy or have it posted in big letters when u walk in,, i bought a car radio from there, brought it back the next day, told me we have to charge a restocking fee? wtf, i went, put it back on shelf and called my credit card and got all my money back, online is the way i go now, *** with best buy and there policy

#220811

WOW!! Everyone complaining here (except for the lost oven post) is in need of a reality check, you all need to read the contracts you sign, read the return policy before purchase, and stop complaining about nothing! most of you are whining about trivial BS created by your own actions or there lack of.

Best Buy did put Circuit City out of business, they actually bought out some of their locations directly during CC bankruptcy process, 16 stores I believe.

Best Buy also owns the largest electronics retailer in Europe, car phone warehouse, which will eventually turn into Best Buy stores.

Best buy has their challenges, but they are a good company, they are the leader and the largest in their market, they own the largest electronic market share in the North America. BB is also a very young company, they have a remarkable story.

I'll always stick with BEST BUY, 99 out of 100 experiences being good are good odds, one or two screw ups will happen anywhere. I've had problems at BMW, Rolex, and at McDonalds, but I still understand that perfection is just a word and imperfection is a reality in life and so many people being a part of the puzzle. :) :) :)

#219439

I've been at Best Buy for over two years now and I've worked both sales and warehouse. I can't speak for other stores, but my store is constantly driving customer service in to our heads.

And we don't just put random tags and act like they were a big hit and you just missed the last one! we dont have the room for it!

we need space for new product. And yes CC did struggle because of online stores but CC went under because of corprates bad financial decisions as well.

Brought my 1 yr 4 mo laptop into Best Buy. Was told mother board blew and not worth fixing.

Mother board was $500 and didn't know how many hundreds for labor. Advised me to buy a new computer. Looked at computers and wanted to sell me computer with their super duper warranty for five years. Warranty was 2/3 price of computer and when I said it would be more practical just to buy a new computer, I got the usual story about the man whose computer blew after four years and he got a brand new computer.

Total cost was $1,300 and since my computer was just over one year old, I really didn't want to buy a new one. Besides, they really pushed the warranty and I thought the warranty might be for five years, but is Best Buy for five years. Stopped at a little computer fix it store on my way home - $185. for the mother board and $100 for labor.

Picked it up, works fine. Will stay away from Best Buy

I love going to Best Buy - I have'nt bought anything from them in seven or so years due to the REFUND policy of getting an in store credit instead of cash when you try to return certain things. So now days I stop in and hang out around the camera department and when I see someone looking at a higher end camera I point out the INSTORE CREDIT REFUND bs to them and smile as they walk out the door...... : ) Ah I remember telling the store manager he would regret not giving me my money back..

I went through a similar customer service problem with getting credit for an extended warranty on a returned product...talked to people who ended up transferring me until I ended up back on the main menu at square 1. Was even told a few times it was credited when it was not because during the almost 3 months of calls and certified mail forms to get the credit, I spoke to a lot of people and some claimed it was done, but then each monthly credit card statement showed it hadn't.

The last call was the one where I ended up on main menu after being connected to 4 different people and spending a lot of time on hold. So I just hung up and called my credit card for a charge back, guess I should have done that in the beginning.

I'd never buy an extended warranty from them via the internet because apparently if I bought at the store they would have just done it on the spot. What a huge pain in the a!!

No companies are perfect ,but so many problems stem from customers who pay no attention to deatils when making a purchase ,most are rude and had rather act all self important answering their cell phones or making calls ...then blame the associates for incorrect address info , incorrect contact numbers and even wrong selection ,maybe take some responsibility for yourself sometime....nah that won't happen!

View more comments (19)
Review
#198580 Review #198580 is a subjective opinion of poster.

BEST BUY just lost another customer

On 12/1/09 we purchased a Panasonic 50" Plasma TV (also purchased a costly 4 year warranty plan); six months later TV crashed; Best Buy did not have "Geek Squad" service in our area (23 miles away) and a 2nd party picked up the TV for repair. To date (September 2, 2010) I still do not have my TV back. Over that last few months and after SEVERAL CALLS to various departments of Best Buy I spoke with Charlie and Supervisor Stacy in Customer Relations Dept (53 minutes total wait time) who were although very nice people were of no help at all other than to tell me that they are still trying to work with Panasonic for repair or replacement. Note: Stacy also informed me my Best Buy warranty had to be used in order to replace my TV that I would have to purchase a SEPARATE warranty plan (another $500??)- yeah right!! They just lost me as a customer!!! It should be noted that I've spent many many hours of my own time contacting each party involved instead of receiving the customer service that Best Buy claims to provide.

Do you really think buying the T.V. from ANYWHERE else would have really changed anything?

All retail are the same. Doesn't matter where you buy it from.

Review
#196847 Review #196847 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Computor repair | Best Buy review from Atlanta, Georgia

carried laptop to bestbuy to be fixed, didnt fix what was wrong with it. took it back they couldnt fix it. there answer was to bring it back a third time, let them reboot it. i paid 140.00 for them not to fix it.if i wanted it rebooted i can do it myself. asked for my money back, would not give it back. will take it somewhere else next time.will pay off my bestbuy card and not spent anymore money there.they have good products there,but they need to train there repair tecs better.if they wanted my busness they should work with me instead of treating me as if i dont know anything. roger clements

this is way I would go to a small shop ( I used to manage one). you can speak directly to the tech or the owner.

as for laptops did you know that many large places like this don't take laptops apart and fix them?

they send them out. We were a very small shop but did all of our own repairs.

first off it's COMPUTER.

Then if they suck soooo bad like you say then why were YOU not able to fix it? How can you judge a service as being bad when you can't even say what is wrong with it in the first place?

Please take your computer out in to the street and smash it. You are obviously too *** to own or run one.

Review
#196807 Review #196807 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

1 yr interest free turns into large charges | Best Buy review from Oakley, California

My fiancee bought three large flat screens for his new house on a 1yr no interest best buy account. The month that the balence was due there was a 1800.00 balance still due so in a consolidation loan he included the best buy account as not to accrue the interest charge. The payment went out to best buy and the same day that they recieved the payment they charged the interest. So now the card which should be free of a balance has 1600.00 of interest charges on it and they are refusing to remove it. He told them we will never buy anything from them and we are both canceling the cards. The cop world is a big world and we have both been doing alot of talking to our friends and co-workers. Best buy has made bad press for themselves hope they think it is worth all future investments.

I buy everything this way. Even when minimum payments are not required you can't cut it sooooo close! It's your own stupidity!

Tom
#197017

Um did you guys make the minimum monthly payments at least, or did you wait till the financing ended. you have to make payments like any other credit cards, and if you failed to do so then its your own stupidity

#190010

Did you really wait until right before the balance was due to send off a payment?

If your Fiance knew he was going to be short 1800... he knew this a month or two before the due date. Should have gotten that loan a lot sooner

You know the banks control the credit cards right? The interest is from the bank (Chase or HSBC) that gave you the card, not from Best Buy.

You can't just cancel your credit cards and think your not going to pay for the things you bought. Maybe if you would have paid for it on time and read the terms and conditions you wouldn't be in this situation.

And do you really think you are going to really going to hurt their business with bad press and word of mouth? Your absolutely retarded.

View more comments (3)
Review
#196677 Review #196677 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Best Buy sells USED merchandise and CLAIMS it to be NEW!

We purchased a washer from Best Buy on 8/28/10. While speaking with the salesman he informed us he had the same model we were looking at for $50 cheaper out of box. The washer has a small ding on the back so we decided to take it. While ringing us up i made a point to ask the sales man Steve (myrtle Beach location) if the washer was used. His exact words were "No Ma'm, Best Buy doest resell returned merchandise. Once the washer was installed i ran a load of water through and discovered fabric softener residue on the agitaor and the dispenser as well as the sides of the washer. It was clearly used! We called customer service who kept transferring us to other associates. After 20 minutes of being on hold a sales person got on the phone and told us there is nothing they can do but send us a new washer and charge us full price. I was furious. We purchased what we thought was a brand new washer and they bring us a used one. I dont see why we should have to pay full price. They are returning merchandise and selling it full price. The day we purchased the washer there was a woman and her son in the store complaining that they had purchased a game early that same day and when they were home and opened it, they found a bootleg copy of the game inside that their game device wouldnt read. I heard the sales associate say the same thing to them as Steven said to us..Ma'm, best buy doesnt resell used merchandise" Best Buy is Fraud and they have horrible customer service.

The sales associate should not have told you it was new, but if you got 50 dollars off on the washer, and they told you it was out of box and dented, you should know you're getting a discount because it isn't new. It was obviously still in working order, as they inspect all returned merchandise (or are supposed to) before reselling.

They gave you the discount because it was open.

Your ignorance is no reason to complain. They may put a huge markup on accessories, and not perfect customer service, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it fraud.

I just installed a "new" Tivo, purchased from Best Buy for full price, to my television and was surprised to see over three month's worth of programming recorded by a previous owner. NO WHERE did Best Buy indicate that this was "Used", "Returned", "Refurbished" or in any other manner not spanking new.

The information on the previous owner, contained on the device, indicates that they live within the area of the Best Buy store I visited. So it seems unlikely that this was returned to Tivo, and just happened to be shipped back to the same part of the country.

This is my second encounter with Best Buy's fraudulent practices. After all of the work of cabling, configuring, etc, I am not very excited about returning the device.

Why shouldn't you have to pay full price for a new machine? You would have paid full price in the first place. "Open box" typically means it's been returned, and although the salesman shouldn't have told you otherwise, they are willing to let you return it and buy a new machine *as you would have done in the first place.* Just return the machine and get on with it--life is too short to complain about getting what we wanted in the first place.

View more comments (2)
Review
#196540 Review #196540 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bad customer service | Best Buy review from Berkeley, California

This letter is to complain about service and a product we recently received from your Company, Best Buy at the Pinole, CA location on August 24, 2010. We went into exchange a camera that had stopped working 37 days after we had purchased it. The first Assistant Managers (Earl) did not even want to listen to my concern, he simply stated your return police and that was it. All we want to do was exchange the camera. We asked for a corporate phone number and a District Manager name and number. We were given the 1-800 numbers but only the first name of the DM and no information on how to contact him. After spending an hour or more on the phone with customer service they finally sent another Assistant Manager (Joe) over to talk with us. And I could just read it on his face that he was going to tell us the same thing and state the same policy. He did listen to our concern about the product. But stated he was not going to do anything other than what the policy stated. At some point in the conversation Joe had the nerve to ask me if I had called Canon (The manufacture). I replied; I didn't buy it from Canon, I purchased it from Best Buy; whom I thought was a repeatable Company. However both ASM stated that they would send the camera in for repairs. We didn't feel that was fair, the camera stopped working 33 days after it was purchased, and had only been used 3-4 times. When we returned home we goggled the information that we had asked for. We found and called a district office in South Cal who gave us the phone number of the District office in Pleasant Hill, CA. I spoke with the DM Assistant Michelle who told me that she would have John North (DM) call me; with he did not. The next day, Michelle called me back and stated the same policy. The only different was that the store would supply us with an out of box camera to use while the camera we have purchased was being repaired. Just a note she also asked if I had contacted Canon the manufacture, I told her the same as I told Joe. When I took the camera back into the store Richard the store Manger told me that I would have to purchase the loaner camera. At this point needless to say, I was quite frustrated and fed up with the lack of customer service I had received from your Company. So with no other opinion I let them send the camera in for repair. On July 13, 2010 I purchased a Canon Powershot SX120IS Camera for $229.99. We took the camera on a family vacation on August 19, 2010 and after using it for one day it stopped working on the 20th, 33 days after I had purchased it. When powered on an error message appears on the screen and then powers off. Yes on your receipt it states no refund or exchange after 14 days. But what product stops working in 14 days? We were not asking for a refund, we only wanted to exchange the camera for the same item. We expected a much higher level of service from your company, and we are quite disappointed with the level of customer service we had received in your store and from a district level. We now feel that we cannot trust your company any more due to the inability to take responsibility for the products that you sell that may be defective. When the camera is returned to us we would like to be able to take it in for a full refund. Because of lack of customer service from a store level and the district level we feel as if the only thing your company cares about is getting the customers money, and then the *** with them if some things goes wrong with the product. We will be informing our friends and family about this experience. And we strongly have doubts about ever shopping with your Company again. The dollar is the only thing your company cares about, not the customer!!

Actually, the return period is 14 days.

#320165

Really? Contacting the manufacturer is Best Buy's responsibility? That's naive and childish at best. Did Best Buy put together that camera? Did Best Buy test the camera? Did Best Buy even package the camera? No. They are simply selling a product that someone else made. The great thing about retail stores like that is that you can buy several different things from several different companies at one place. That's what a retail department store is.

Before you make an electronic purchase you should always do your research on the product you are about to purchase. You've proven you can use the internet to throw another temper tantrum about mean old Best Buy and how they wronged you, so use those same skills and research products, warranties, and return policies.

I know for a fact that Best Buy offers services that cover most products beyond the manufacturer warranty (usually 1 year) and against things like accidents, but you probably didn't want to pay the extra charge that was involved to insure you'd have a working product beyond the standard time frame.

Not their fault you didn't do your homework, protect your investment or that you don't want to do the leg work of contacting the company who is solely responsible for the product you purchased.

I just wanted to voice a little bit of my opinion here. As the name states, I work in the customer service department at a best buy. For once I wish the customer with an issue wouldn't take it out on us, we understand you are angry and upset however, we are just following policy. Possibly losing my job to give you what you want, is never going to happen. Yes products stop working days or weeks after you buy them. They are electronics, technology, it is possible to just malfunction. Best Buy know this! That is why we offer coverage outside the thirty or fourteen day return policy! Yes, it could be brand new technology that just hit the racks, but hey everything has its glitches.

Next, I do not know what best buys you have visited, but most of the "kids" in the store I work in knows there stuff pretty dang well. Yes, I have plenty of times where I'm told "I was sold the wrong item." but hello we are all human here, we make mistakes.

Lastly, when you come to the customer service counter throwing a fit and cussing us out, do you really think we want to cut you a break, go above and beyond the return policy and act super nice to you? My job or not, I most certainly do not deserve that attitude nor is it apprechiated, and yes I will do everything I possibly can to make sure you do not get what you want. Due to the fact that your acting like a child and can not control yourself, mostly due to own customer faultiness with product.

Act like an adult, you shall be treated like one. Be nice, and I will go the extra mile give you the most I can for the situation at hand. We like to be treated as people. And hey if you think your cool and can *** an attitude at me, expect one right back.

It is unfortunate that you had issues with you cameras. You will notice in the box with the warranty paperwork it states to contact the manufacturer (Canon) if there are issues with the product.

These policies that Best Buy are enforcing are also agreements between the two corporations in order for them to remain an authorized reseller of their products.

I hope this will help you in the future!! :D

If some of you are BBY employees and you are responding like this, than you are dumb and you dont have good customer service! It takes an aproximate $19 to satisfy a potential lost customer and over $1000 to get one new customer in the store.

It's not worth losing a customer! I'm in school for business management.

Yes, there are policies, but it isn't worth losing the customer over. :zzz :?

1. Was it 37 or 33 make up your mind?

2. Policy is policy it's there and it can't be changed overnight. As stated earlier, all kinds of places have these policies. if you want to fix them write letters to the companies.

3. Best Buy employees do know more than the average person about electronics, good job if you can find your info. Just let those employees know that you know what you want, they might have some insight that others may not have.

So as a closing thought, if you want to wax intellectual about something look into it and know what your talking about please. It's not Best Buy's fault and it's not your fault either. Best Buy just want to help you get it fixed, but there is only so much that Best Buy can do.

Best Buy has a 15 day return policy. After that, any problems are between the customer and the manufacturer.

Best Buy is certainly not alone in this business practice.

Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, etc have the same policy. Outside of their return window, any problems need to go through the manufacturer.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's how it is.

The point is that Best Buy is the seller. If something goes wrong with the product, they should be responsible for contacting the manufacturer and fixing the defective product.

If the buyer had wanted to call Canon directly, they could have purchased the camera directly from Canon and saved any middle-man fees. We pay a higher price for these products by buying from Best Buy, and that additional cost is SUPPOSED to be paying for good service - the problem is that Best Buy is not delivering the service they claim to have.

It is not the customer's responsibility to call the manufacturer, it's Best Buy's, no matter what their policy says. That's basic business rules.

I replied; I didn’t buy it from Canon, I purchased it from Best Buy; whom I thought was a repeatable Company.

I am sure the workers knew you didn't buy the camera from Canon, but Canon is the one who made the camera, so they would be able to assist you further then the place that just sells the cameras... Next time you buy an item that does not work, take it to the people who makes it, not the ones who sells it.

#201542

I just noticed what THIS site is doing - every time there is a complaint about a particlar item; whether it be camera, furniture,etc., they have an advertisement at the bottom for that type of item. That is pretty scuzzy.

Hmmm.... :x

View more comments (18)
Review
#196193 Review #196193 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

BEST BUY in Boca Raton (or anywhere??)

Buyer Beware!! Do not depend upon BEST BUY for follow through on deliveries or any promises in that regard. They are unreliable, disinterested, uninvolved, deceitful. Sales assistants are pleasant enough but hardly professional and basically, ineffectual. You may wait for up to and even more than, 5 days for a promised delivery, each day another missed appointment. Installations are not synchronized with deliveries. More headaches. Warehouses are not aware of what they are housing!!! Who's in charge??????????? Phone calls are unending, upsetting and unfruitful. GO ELSEWHERE or I promise hair-tearing stress and tremendous inconvenience. No complaining to corporate offices. I'll be spending my wait time (5th day) posting as many of these as humanly possible.
#205255

First, citing the business week versus the normal week isn't a clever response.

Second, installations and deliveries don't always sync up, it's a lack of proper communication on a case by case scenario.

The delivery system is the absolute worst because the warehouses(not the warehouse in the back of the store, mind you) are often not smart enough to execute properly. I can tell you from first hand employee experience that a lot of deliveries were screwed up because the warehouse, not the store, made an error.

sorry for your problems sir, but have you noticed 5 days is not exactly 5 days, best buy follows the business day rules M-TR, fridays thru sundays are weekends so your package should of came in the following monday, and other then that whatever you wrote has no sense to life whats so ever. thank you have a nice day

Review
#195833 Review #195833 is a subjective opinion of poster.