Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Do NOT have Best Buy put an InvisaShield on your phone

Best Buy, Thousand Oaks CA I bought a brand new Iphone 4 two days ago. I spent hours getting the thing set up just the way I wanted it. Today at lunch I went to Best Buy and purchased an Invisashield screen protector and the person working there said that it was difficult to put on but they would do it for $7.99 and it would be perfect. Ok. I had them do it. 15 minutes later, I get my phone. I press the ON button and it is resetting. It then gives me an error message saying I was trying to put an accessory on it that was not compatible. I look into the dock port an see that the WATER sensor is RED meaning that the internal phone parts have been in contact with water. I know from previous experience that the warranty is VOID if these sensors are RED. Even if a completely unrelated problem occurs and the sensors are RED I'd be SOL. So they basically voided my warranty. I go back to the person and show it to her and she says that it should be OK, only 1 sensor is showing red...the one in the headphone jack is not. I demand to speak with the manager....manager tells me that I must take the phone back to Apple Store where I purchased my phone, it is out of their hands. Firstly, Best Buy is an Apple Retailer. Second, Best Buy ruined my phone...not Apple. Thirdly, my lunch hour is now over and I need to go to work. The final resolution is that APPLE agreed to replace the phone...but even they were aghast that Best Buy would handle things the way they did. I have spent about 4 hours so far driving back and forth from Best Buy, Apple Store and my office....and my new iphone is having syncing issues...so who know how much time this will take. Lesson Learned......DO NOT EVER HAVE BEST BUY DO ANY REPAIR WORK FOR YOU...better yet....DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEIR CR$#$PY EMPLOYEES.

best buy would screw up a cup of coffee and you let them have your phone

Review
#190910 Review #190910 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy & their Warranty/Service Plan bull

My TV stopped working. Purchased 4-20-08 for $1000. They guy there sold me on the ext. Warranty which quote" OUR SERVICE PLAN IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. DONT GO TO FRYS. OURS IS IF IT DOESNT WORK BRING IT IN THIS VERY STORE AND WE WILL SWAP IT OUT FOR A WORKING TV AT THE SAME PRICE. " So I called the Duluth Store was told bring it in. Brought it in. They Laughed at me!!! The Services Manager at store 504 told me" well if you leave your tv here we will throw it away." then walked away from me. Whats funny 2 years ago their service plan was different and he said now its different. I dont care since i bought it then not now! The person a head of me in line swapped his plasma he had for over a year right there and then. Never had issues until then he stated. And they helped him out. So i was ready to be helped as well. Luckily I brought a buddy of mine who used to work there and knew what needed to be done. Well they ended up doing nothing at all. I have to wait 3 weeks for someone to look at it... Are you serious I said. The warranty/service plan $ i could of went to a repair man and got it fixed for less and less hassle. Whats really funny is i am a tier 5 customer which is what you look for i guess. still no help. So I thought ok if I was gonna be treated like this I will cancel all my service plans with Bestbuy. I did and walked out with $300 of my money back. I explained to the Services Manager that hey I am the IT person for Remax Greater Atlanta that has over 6500 Real Estate Agents and I was going to tell them to stay away from Besbuy and t got ot Frys for now on. He didnt care. So I decided today I am writing the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Reports, blanket the buyers forums with this warning of fake service plans. So I am out a TV for 3 weeks and really pissed. Our company was doing business with Bestbuy for years but since I am the main systems admin we wont be anymore. You lost a loyal customer and a huge base of consumers all for what? A TV that should of been swapped out and a purchase of a new plan + a new surround sound system. Silly Best Buy.. Train your people cause competition is a snot here in GA.

you can make a legitimate complain to BBB and I hope they would fix it.

I am about to embark on the same thing. I bought a DLP TV before the LCD's came down in price.

It was either that or a Plasma. The salesman even said that it was a smarter choice. They first ordered the part then they repaired it but the part still is defected. Now they are saying they don't make that part anymore and its going to need to be replaced.

WITH a Plasma which is 800 bucks because they said my TV has depreciated.

Forget that. I'm going down there tomorrow skeptical of getting anything done but I won't leave until I do.

Something has to be done.

I faced the same issue today at Best Buy - I HATE that place!!!

WHat I was told when I bought the TV was the same: "OUR SERVICE PLAN IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. OURS IS IF IT DOESNT WORK BRING IT IN THIS VERY STORE AND WE WILL SWAP IT OUT FOR A WORKING TV AT THE SAME PRICE"

Today, the guy is trying to give me a $675 TV in exchange for a $1800+ TV I have bought with full 4 year extended warranty!!! They are cheats - and the manager says, this is your only choice because the tech that came home to repair cannot get the parts!!! What type of a choice is this - I need help, any suggestions. This does NOT end here!!! I refused to accept a lower value TV in exchange for what I purchased!!!

@AK

take them to court *** bestbuy i used to like them now i hate them so much fry's is a lot better

View more comments (3)
Review
#190888 Review #190888 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Best Buy sides with their employee over the customer

One year ago I bought an Acer Laptop from Best Buy. It did not surprise me that it began to malfunction after only 12 months however I returned it to Best Buy's Geek Squad at the Bucktown Store in Chicago. The gentleman assured me that if I paid them $200, they would fix my machine. Having handed over the money, 4 hours later I received a phone call from them saying "We are going to need to ship this to our service center. This will take a minimum of three weeks. I specifically asked if this was going to cost me any more than the $200 I had just paid. I was told: "No Ma'am. It will not." Today I received a phone call from that store. A rude and abrasive geek Squad representative informed me that they wanted another $148 to fix my computer bringing the total actual cost of repairs to $348. "Why did you lie to me and tell me it was only going to cost $200?" I asked. "We miscommunicated." was the blunt response. I immediately declined the repairs and called their Customer Complaints Department. I wanted my computer repaired for the amount I was told I would have to pay: $200. The Consumer Complaints Dewaprtment investigated further and discussed it with the Bucktown store. Their Geek Squad employee denied everything and the store sided with him over me, as did the Customer Complaints Department who basically ushered me off the phone as quickly as possible saying "There is nothing we can do." I was lied to by a representative of Best Buy. They lie to their customers and, in a situation where they are called out on it, store, and apparantly corporate policy is to side with the employee. Any ideas of the Customer coming first or being right is clearly negated when the size of the organization is such that the needs of one of their clients is inconsequential enough to make little difference to their bottom line. This does not stop here though. I will make it my personal mission to disseminate as much information through media sources about Best Buy's shameful, lackadaisical and down right dishonest business practices. I will do whatever it takes to hurt them back.

Best Buy just uses pirated software to "fix" your computers anyway

No Dennis. I work for an insurance company managing the IT department. I don't even go to best buy. No need. But since you hit on it you seem paranoid. What are you trying to hide?

Why don't you answer my questions? I might be able to help. But noooooo you just sit there in your underwear looking at p0rn.

Happy spanking!

To muich what do you do work at best buy you are blaming this guy for things that you would do or did that is what anti viruses are for

Not being a smart *** to you i live in river grove ill you heard you get what you pay for i bought a sony vaio they wanted 648.99 office max had it for 569.99 best buy match there price. as far as letting them fix it i would of sen.t it back to acer. best buy is not to smart when it comes to fixing some thing they best buy proably sent it back to acer good luck

What was wrong with the computer? What did you do to break it? What were you doing with it broke?

I'm wiling to bet you were surfing p0rn and got a few viruses and never updated anything.

Your fault the computer was broke. You should never be allowed to buy another PC or laptop ever again.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy Has The Worst Service In History

I had received a Nikon CoolPix Camera as a gift 2 years ago, I have used it maybe 6 times and it broke, so best buy sent it on to get repaired. Now 3 months later, it broke again. Now I want a new one, well that didn't happen because the scam protection plan was not bought and now they want $50.00 to send it in to get fixed! Why should I have to pay? This is all a scam to get you to buy their protection plan! So now I am stuck with a paper weight camera and I was kicked out of best buy for good! Best Buy can rot in ***!

Name one company that's going to pay for the repairs on a camera out of warranty. Exactly.

Not one. Quit crying and being cheap, and buy a better camera. Either pay them to fix it if it breaks, or don't and shell out the money for a new one when it breaks.

No company is going to fix it for free. Get over yourself.

michael9346

Obviously the person defending best buy, must work for them as I bought a Toshiba PC 2 years ago and brought it back the NEXT day and after there geeks did not fix it they charged me a 10% restocking fee. I assume that meant they were going to re-sell this defective product to another innocent consumer. Have not returned to Best (worst) Buy in 2 years.

seriously? that is why the offer the service plan for after the manufacturer warranty runs out.

they sent it out the first time because it was under manufacturer warranty. best buy did you a FAVOR by sending it out for you.

otherwise, you would of had to pay shipping and handling and wait god knows how long to get it back. do yourself a favor and purchase the protection plan next time and stop being an ***.

Actually I have owned the camera for less than a year, when I checked the receipt I noticed I've only had it for 10 months and Best Buy will not do a thing to fix.

What kind of an *** are you? You have a 2 year old camera that comes with a 1 year warranty.

You want them to give you a new one because it broke a year after the warranty ran out.

That's why they SELL extended warranties. If you decided not to buy the extended warranty don't complain when they won't repair your camera a year after the warranty expired.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy

My problem is not with the Geek squad, although they did not call me to set up the appointment like I was told they would do. I had to call them and they did not have record of me having an appointment. But I don't blame them. I blame the so-called manager who said she set it up. I had to call her twice also just to get that information. My frustration is with the store Best Buy. We are without a dryer for over 30 days (brand new, never used, installed, defective and needs to be replaced) It of course is on back order and I won't get it for a month and nobody at the store seems to really care. Who is going to pay for my laundromat bills or dry cleaning while I wait and my wasted time??? I was told the incorrect info from day one and had to go back in to purchase a vent kit. I don't live in Emeryville, so this was not convenient and not what I was told by the salesman. There is one salesman that never says goodbye or thank you or anything when I call. He just hangs up. Everyone there I have been in contact with is very unprofessional. The Geek Squad operator and the front desk girl who did the original purchase are the only two who have a possible future in customer service. I have NEVER been more frustrated after spending so much money, and as a new home owner who has a lot more to buy....NONE of it will be bought at Best "Worst" Buy.
Loss

Best Buy in Morganton, North Carolina - Customer ser. rep defensive, rude, no remorse

I purchased 2 items. 1st clerk failed to apply part of purchase to the credit amt on my card/accept my check for the remainder. At ser. cust. desk, told McBee would need to cancel clerks transaction, asking me to step aside. McBee proceeded to help another cust, next stopped in aisle with another employee, then to the clerks station, then vanished. When I told the cust ser rep what I observed, she said she could have sent me to another desk and he had to finish working with the cust he was working with 1st, then said oh you are the "receipt." I then got defensive and said "Yes, I am." No apology, demanded she needed my merchandise, to enter my SS#. She was very bold in her tone. When asking who was her mgr., she said McBee and I could talk to him. I did and am not satisfied he followed through with any disciplinary action. I had to ask for the cancellation transaction copy to ensure my acct. was properly credited with the 1st receipt. I told him he would be lucky if I came back. I am still not sure I am going to keep the GPS map software update. I cant bring myself to opening it, considering travelling back 25 miles to the store to return. I plan to shop at Staples or Wal-Mart for future needs. I purchased my laptop last yr from you and GPS 2 yrs. ago. My son has purchased numerous games.

best buy would screw up a cup of coffee

Best Buy and Good Customer Service Are Mututally Exclusive

Day 1: My wife and 3.5 year old and 8 month old sons visit the Best Buy in Florence, Kentucky to buy a new CD deck for our car. We get there about an hour before closing. We look at the decks and ask some questions. Sales Kid #1 tells us that JVC, Kenwood, and Alpine decks don't play music through their onboard USB ports. He departs scene. Sales Kid #2 comes by and we ask a few more questions. He volunteers that only Alpine decks don't play music through the USB ports. We ask him why the discrepancy between him and the other Kid...he states they were talking and he corrected the other kid. Okay, fair enough...that can happen. We decide on a deck and ask Sales Kid #1 (he's back) what we should do to move forward. He tells us that the installation shop is closed for the day so we should come back tomorrow. He tells me I should go directly to the installation shop in the morning. I ask him if we should purchase everything tonight and he says no with a a look in his eyes that says, "No, because I want to go home as soon as possible." Day 2: Myself and my two sons arrive at the installation shop at 10:20 AM, 20 minutes after Sales Kid #1 told us they would be open. "Customer Entrance" is locked and I have to bang, like closed fist "STELLLLLA" BANG, on the door for 30 seconds before I hear life within. Kinda weird if they opened 20 minutes earlier. The door opens and Installation Tech #1 lets us in. I explain to him that we're here to get a deck installed and he asks where is it. I tell him we have to purchase it and the associated gear at Best Buy and that Sales Kid #1 said this could be done at the Installation Shop. Not so, I find out from Tech #1. He says I have to go to the Car Stereo section in the main store to do that. Okay, I can do that. At this point, I'm just a little irked. So, in the Installation Waiting Area I see the door to the main store and try the *** Locked...so I ask the tech to unlock it. He can't, he doesn't have a key...says I should walk around the store and go in the front entrance. 10 seconds of awkward silence ensues..."Really?", I ask finally. "With the 8 month old in the baby carrier and my 3.5 year old in tow?" Tech #1 mumbles something about calling "the Guy" with the key to get it opened...yeah, one "Guy" has a key...and he grabs the phone. We sit down in the skeezy Waiting Area for about 5-10 minutes before "the Guy" shows up. Turns out "the Guy" is the head Geeksquad bubba. Anyway, Tech #1, myself, and kids walk to the car stereo section. Sales Kid #3 (a new one!) pulls Tech #1 from us and directs him to a Ghetto-fabulous Wannabe rich kid with the oldest dad I've ever seen who wants Daddy to pay for a whole boomin' system before the geezer's ticker explodes. With dollar signs in his eyes, Tech #1 splits off, leaving me to stare daggers at Sales Kid #3 when he asks "How can I help you?". I explain my experience so far to him so he gets that I'm hanging by a very thin thread at this point and also to let him know that my car is getting worked on before Vanilla Ice's car. At this point, things start getting back on track (gotta give credit where credit is due)...I tell Sales Kid #3 what I want, I make the transaction for the head unit and the required accessories, and he tells me to bring the head unit and the receipt to the Installation Shop for Tech #1 to work on it. Wait, I think, Tech #1 is making the sale of the year to Vanilla and the door's locked so I couldn't even relax in the skeezy waiting area with my kids and catch a disease. Never fear, says Sales Kid #3, Tech #1 will be right over there in five minutes. So we go....***, *** me. 20 minutes of annoying Best Buy video clips later, here comes Tech #1 and "the Guy" (credit to Tech #1 for remembering to bring "the Guy"!). We go back to the shop. Before talking to Tech #1, I tell "the Guy" that we plan on going back into the main store so please do not go anywhere until my busines with Tech #1 is complete (Momma didn't raise no dummy...I ain't gettin' locked back there again!). He gives me the ol' north south headshake. GREAT! Things are looking up! I look up from checking on my kids to talk to Tech #1 and he's deep in the shop getting items for "the Guy"...nothing to do with me but I guess they just assumed I would realize that as neither one paid me the slightest bit of attention or gave me a courtesy "We've got more important customers than you." After a couple of minutes, Tech #1 arises from the bowels of the shop, hands over the goods to "the Guy", and finally takes the time to deal with my annoying self. I hand over the head unit and the receipt, and Tech #1 asks me where's the adapter kit and wiring harness? Huh? I brought what Sales Kid #3 gave me. But wait, there's more! Sales Kid #3 selected the wrong adapter kit and harness anyway! Tech #1 comes to the rescue, telling me he's got the right gear I need in the shop and we'll figure out the receipt after the install is done. "Will that change the price?" I ask my hero Tech. "We'll figure that out after the install." Umm, okayyyyyyy (confidence level that I'm not being retail-ly raped going down steadily). Anyway, time to go back to the main store for approximately two hours...but what's THIS!?!? "The Guy" has left us high and dry! We're locked in the Install Area! Tech #1 calls up to the Geek Squad area and informs us that "the Guy" had a customer call he had to take care of. He'll be back in 10 minutes or so (in Best Buy time...that's actually 20-25 minutes in the real world). Older son and I proceed to pound on door to main store for 5 minutes (real world time)unti Tech #1 gets really annoyed and says we'd probably be better off just walking around the store to the front. I drop the obligatory "Really?" after an awkward 10 seconds of silence staring at him. He actually thought it wasn't rhetorical and answered me..."Yep". I do believe this is where my filter failed and I blurted out "This is such f-ckin' bullsh-t" (sorry, boys). So off we go on our outdoor adventure...felt a little bit like the Fellowship of the Ring, my lil' Polish Hobbits in tow. One twisted ankle later, we make it to the front. Lo and behold, there's "the Guy" collecting shopping carts! Calming myself, I ask him what part of "Wait for us" didn' the understand? "I had a customer call" he says...no remorse, no, "Yeah, about that, I'm really sorry...". Just "I had a customer call". Sidenote: later in the day, I looked up the definition of the word "customer" and got the following: Entity (check...I fit the bill) that receives or consumes products (goods or services) (check) and has the ability to choose between different products and suppliers (oh *** YES, I fit the bill and will be EXERCISING that ability). Apparently, Best Buy defines "customer" differently. If someone knows what their definition is, drop me a line. Anyway, back to the action...to avoid my sons hearing more words that will get me in deep *** with my wife, I leave "the Guy" with a resigned headshake and enter the main store. After an hour of watching my 3.5 year old hopelessly but happily drive Sonic in circles on Sega Sonic Racing on the 360 and lunch, the car is ready. We walk into the main store and I see "the Guy" walking into the break room and follow as fast as my lil' Polish hobbits will let me. I knock on the door and get nothing. I sic my 3.5 year old on the job and he gets results (God luv'em)...after a straight minute of 3.5 year old beserker behavior on that door. Sales Kid #4 (a new one) asks me how he can help me...I see "the Guy" sittin' at a table getting ready to eat lunch. He doesn't acknowledge me. I tell Sales Kid #4 that "the Guy" behind him is my ticket back into Car Stereo Land and I ain't leavin' the spot without'em. Sales Kid #4 asks me to wait a minute and closes the door on us. After a minute (actual real world time for a change!), he opens the door and tells me that there's another "Guy" with the key now! Two "Guys"??? Based on their inability to see the goodness inherent in giving the key to employees to escort "customers" between the main store and the Installation Shop, I thought there were some far reaching ramifications to sharing the key...like Ghostbusters' "dog and cats living together, don't cross the streams" *** Apparently not. So "the NEW Guy" escorts me back to the Installation Shop, where I tell him I want to talk to him after I finish my business with Tech #2 (apparently, Tech #1 got winded after a grueling 4 hour workday). He acqiuesces and I conclude my business picking up the car. By the way, Tech #2 told me she "took care of" the discrepancy in the needed accessories on the receipt. Of course, the total cost doesn't change; never, NEVER that. So, business completed, I go through my experience in mindnumbing detail to "the NEW Guy" (if I had to experience it personally, someone is going to get at least a little taste). He's actually apologetic and takes the time to explain to me that the locked doors aren't just a one time screw up on this particular day, they're INTENTIONAL! No, really! People were stealing laptops out the Installation Shop customer entrance so, instead of installing sensors, he says CORPORATE decided that the locked doors without any signs informing customers of the situation was the smartest way to go. So I tell him I'll do him a favor and write such a scathing review that maybe Corporate will install some merchandise sensors. So here I am...to Best Buy's credit, the job they did looks to be clean and professional and they finished 30 minutes earlier than they told me they would. To Best Buy's detriment, I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD KNOW GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IF IT BIT THEM ON THE ***, EVEN IF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD THEM WHO IT WAS AFTER THEY BIT'EM ON THE ***. ***, they don't seem to be acquainted with common freakn' courtesy either. Share this review, please! I hope it gets some stiff shirts sweatin' in Minneapolis and actually causes them to undertake meaningful improvements to their customer service (or lack thereof).

It's tongue in cheek but no sweat if you don't get it. Regarding the employees, yeah, they could do something...grab a sac/backbone/whatever and tell management that their policy is idiotic.

The old adage, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" holds true even in retail.

Yeah, I did my time in retail working at Waldenbooks in high school. I'd quit before having to try to keep a straight face while telling customers about such a *** policy as I ran into at Best Buy.

While I'm inclined to believe your rant regarding the rudeness of some employees, I gotta agree that you sound like a *** bag.

Wow. You sound like a *** bag yourself.

You insult the regular customer service employees even though they didn't have the key themselves.

They couldn't do anything about it. Let me guess: You've never worked in retail, have you?

View more comments (2)

Best Buy Extended Warranty is a Fraud

I have purchased several extended warranties on various products over the years. I have returned products on three occasions and each time getting Best Buy to honor their obligations under the warranty has been near impossible. Recently I returned a lap top computer that was kept 90 days while the motherboard was located from Sony. Just go it back and the computer will not even turn on. The store manager refused to exchange it and instead wanted to send it back to Sony for further repairs. I would caution anyone shopping at Best Buy - This store perpetrates a fraud on every consumer that gets sucked in to this revenue enhancing trap.

the "extended warranties" are service plans. if you read the fine print they gave you when you purchased them you would know that.

they have to send your junk out to service it, if they can't fix it they then give you a new one. how is this fraud when it's clearly stated in the paper work?

Service
Best Buy Manager

Dont Buy a Phone from Best Buy

My Verizon HTC Ozone data phone that I purchased at Best Buy quit this weekend. I have the full customer service package on the phone. When I returned it to Best Buy, in Fairview Heights,IL., Monday they told me they had to send it off and I would not get it back for 1 to 4 weeks. They did not have a loaner phone to give me. They said they were out of them. So now I am without a data phone and very dissatisfied. I will never buy another phone from Best Buy. When I purchased the phone I was not told if it failed, it would have to be sent off leaving me without a phone.
Review
My son purchased a Toshiba Laptop from Best Buy in Aug 2008. Since then it has had one motherboard, two hard-drives, keyboard, power cord, and pretty much everything on the inside replaced at least once. Well it is back in again for the 5th time and they are now...

Yes, my son does take care of his computer and everything else he owns. When you have had a computer in the store 10 times and they refuse to fix it something needs to be done.

Well BEST Buy had to give my son a new computer, they expected us to pay the difference for the new one and according to our lawyer we didnt have to. AS for the warranty he purchased the extended warranty and that is where Best Buy failed. It is only allowed to be check into the store three times and on the fourth time it is to be replaced. I had to point that out to them too.

They will never get any more of our money for a computer.

We have three laptops only one was bought there. Get alot better service else where.

Apparently you Move On works for Best Buy and is one of the managers who refuses to listen to customers.

View more comments