Filter by rating :
filters

Im past pissed | Best Buy review from New York, New York

i purchase debt cancellation plan in 2006 was told that if at any point was not able to pay bill they will cover payments for me, i called to cancel several times since my spouse lost job and i became only provider was told each time that if at any point was not able to pay they will cover payments so finally decided to activate since now my paycheck is now reduce because my employer making me pay for most of medical benefits my husband still not working they said i don't qualify, they purposely mislead customers. My name is Jiovana and Im beyond pissed at this time how can they get away with this I have paid hundreds of dollars for this coverage, what can i do....... email addr is wardfoster@hotmail.com
#219682

They can get away with it because you were *** enough to believe that if you give them money they will erase your debt if things go south. Well, you were half right.

Oh and by the way, you can't do anything to get them to change there mind.

Best thing you can do is cancel the debt cancellation to avoid further charges, and cut your losses. Learn from the mistake too.

Review
#204116 Review #204116 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy-The Worst Customer Service

My boyfriend and I purchases a computer, printer bundle on October 15Th, 2010. We were told by your representative (0016####-the same rep checked us out.) that our computer came with Home Edition of Windows 2010 and all the equipment to hook the printer to the computer. Much to our surprise our purchase was lacking these two items. Along with general computer problems within the first week of us owning the computer. On October 20Th, 2010 Jimmie C. called the local Best Buy,where we had bought this computer, and was told by a woman that she would call him back. 24 hours later there still was NO call back. On October 21st,2010 Andrea called and spoke briefly with a man in the "Geek Squad" named Jimmy. During this time Jimmy hung up on her. Again on October 21,2010 Jimmie C. called back and spoke to assembly the same Jeremiah M. (Jimmy) again about customer service and the over all problem with the purchase. During this call Jimmy offered a discount on the computer cord that was supposed to be included in the purchase, then changed his mind to giving us the cord. He proceeded to tell us that the sales rep "really meant to say that..." and that they have had this problem before, of sales reps misinforming customers of what they are purchasing. We then discussed about the Windows software, he told us that we needed to come and pay another $150 in-order to have what we were told to already come with our purchase. Along with putting us on hold in the middle of speaking. Jimmy ended our conversation by telling us that our option was to bring it back to be satisfied. Drea
#206161

Yeah computers never come preloaded with a full version of Microsoft Office, Usually just a 15-30 day trial or something. But NEVER a full loaded version. Sorry you misunderstood what you were getting.

But all PC's come loaded with windows operating system of some kind.

I think you really just misunderstood what you were getting. and to get Office would costs about 150.00

#205942

I think there is a misunderstanding here. All the computer DO come with windows home edition, just like they said, or just like you asked.

None of them come with Office, which is what I think you really meant.

That is due to legal restrictions and no retailer can offer those. If you asked if it comes with windows home, and the employee said yes, then everything said was true.

#204104

that is the thing they were supposed to be preloaded that is what i paid for BUT there is nothing

#203793

Can't quite figure out what your problem with the Windows7 Home Edition is. Computers don't come with separate restoration discs anymore.

The software is preloaded on the computer hard drive and you must have blank DVD's handy to burn your own restoration discs when you first switch your computer on. Normally a new computer will prompt you to do this when just unpacked and first switched on.

You can do this at a later stage but now your restoration discs will include all programs you have installed and might take a lot of blank DVD's to complete. Far better to restore the computer as it came from the manufacturer.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203930 Review #203930 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Best Buy Sales Representative

Warranty Scam at Best Buy

I purchased a 2 year extended warranty for an inexpensive ($22) portable radio. When I returned the radio because it was not working properly after 8 months Best Buy offered to replace the item, but sad that would void the warranty. Had they repaired the item the warranty would have continued, but given the price of the item that is impractical. I have never heard of a warranty that "self destructs" if you use it. After much argument, Best Buy agreed to honor the warranty for 1 year, but that is still not the warranty I purchased. I live in California, so reported this to the State Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division. Others who have similar experiences should do likewise.
This G

I love it when ignorant people hear what people have to say and then when they don't like it, they just say "oh you don't understand". Jacob is right, using the warranty as stated fulfills the warranty.

End of story. They give you a pamphlet with all of the info about the warranty for a reason.

If you want your item fixed but still keep your plan, go through the manufacturer. I don't tolerate retailers, I just know the rules after working for the *** hole for over 6 years.

#206163

Yes you purchased the replacement plan and once the item is replaced the contract (replacement plan) is fulfilled and it voids out the replacement plan warranty that you purchased.

it doesn't void the manufacturers warranty, just the replacement plan warranty because its a one time replacement plan that you bought.

There is no fraud.

#205943

It totally depends on the manufacturers coverage. If it failed within the manufacturers coverage period, and it was something the manufacturer would have covered, then the extended plan should continue.

However, if it falls outside of either of those two categories (because Best Buy covers things the manufacturer won't, like power surges, or normal wear and tear) the plan is considered fulfilled and a new plan must be purchased on the new product. I unfortunately have lots of experience with these plans, but they almost always pay off.

#205767

"This Guy" doesn't understand-- Best Buy chooses whether to repair or replace, not me. The price of the warranty is not the issue, but rather whether Best Buy honored the deal they themselves set.

As a consumer I can either buy the warranty or not, but I don't tolerate a retailer who attempts to change the terms after the fact. Neither should you.

#205265

If you find that repairing the item to keep the warranty was impractical, then maybe you shouldn't have paid for a warranty on something that cost $22 IMO. Given the cost of the product, I'm going to assume you spent about $8 (around 35% of the price on the product) to have it "covered." That is the craziest thing about this post.

View more comments (4)
Review
#203792 Review #203792 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Geek squad | Best Buy review from Bellevue, Washington

I purchase a very expensive lap top computer from best buy for my Daughter first year of Collage the was "very dependable" 2 months after the purchase (2 weeks into her schooling) the computer cramped out. My Daughter took it to the geeks at best buy. Two weeks We'll have if back they said. Four weeks later we get a call the computer is repaired. Today my daughter went in to get the computer and it was not working at all. Now it will be two more weeks they say, in the mean time she has no computer for School. I confronted the store manager and advised that maybe the right thing to do would be replace her computer with a new one since it was nothing we had done to the computer. Oh no you didn't buy the replacement plan. I am sorry if I spent $1500.00 on a computer I think I should get a replacment after two months if it craps out and they can't repair it in a timely manner. Best Buy take care of your customers , do the right thing for once. I don't know why I went back to them, I've had other simular issues with them in the past. I am looking for a good local store owner with a good rep next time I buy any electronics.

If you purchased a laptop at any other retailer, you'd be paying for shipping and insurance back to the manufacture yourself. If they don't fix it, then you'd have to pay to send it back.

Best Buy/Geek Squad is not perfect by any means, no retailer is (I know working for one).

At least Best Buy can help with manufactures warranties, and other retailers can not.

I work in retail, but purchase a lot from Best Buy. Basically you get what you put into it. You're mean to an employee they will be mean back. You want them to fix something you did to your product, they won't do it for free.

Retailers are just that Retail sales floors, they are not responsible for the product .. the manufacture is.

This G

I'm going to assume you haven't done any work with the P&L since you're wrong about the hours. Regardless, there are a lot of agents who take the time to do the work correctly and they get overlooked which is unfortunate.

Most of the time, you just hear about these kinds of stories. I saw this kind of stuff first hand for years and have had to help many customers who were irate after such instances.

So unfortunately, what I said was true. Maybe not of your specific store (if so, nice job taking care of people they will always appreciate you) but it does happen way too often.

#205944

After working for the Geek Squad for almost 5 years, pretty much everything "this guy" said was untrue. The geek squads hours are not based even the tiniest bit on "productivity", so whether we take in units, or turn them around fast or slow, it won't affect anything regarding hours at all.

However, four weeks does seem a little long for the typical laptop repair, and unfortunately, occasionally laptops do come back from service still not working. it is rare, but it can happen. I do agree to check out every unit before you sign for it, in fact, where I work we do it with the customer in front of them when they come in to pick it up. However, there is very little that Best Buy can do because they didn't make the computer, and manufacturers have been clamping down lately on exception returns.

Trust they will fix it and fix it right, and if you still feel you need to shop elsewhere in the future, take your dollars elsewhere and test the waters.

It is a free market, and consumer electronics is becoming a rough field to be in. Trust me, i know

#205266

When they send the laptop out to get fixed, they are trusting that it is getting fixed. A responsible Geek Squad agent would test the laptop when it returns to ensure that the unit is fixed.

Sounds like you got one of the MANY irresponsible agents who are just worried about turnaround time. Their hours are based on productivity. So, they will send out poorly fixed, or still broken, items so it looks good in the system that they got it in and out of the store quickly.

ALWAYS test the stuff in the store before you sign for it saying they have repaired it. Sorry you got screwed.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203532 Review #203532 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best buy is a joke havent bought a thing there in a year!

First best buy "repaired" my computer or so they say... i had problems and it over heated ... and finally quit.. best buy had my computer over 4 months in geek squad headquarters.. do you think they would have there *** together to call me.. let me know whats going on.. .NO... do you think that they would understand i need my computer.. after all i did have a service plan... well after months of battleing with them ..they finally offered me a computer compatable with my computer... GOOD news they gave me a piece of ***.... ASUS every heard of them no me either... its slow it is cheap and not compareable to my hp... i was so disgusted.. I have refused to shop with best buy.. my family refuses for the hassle they put me through.. however.. to them oh well but to me and others shaddy business. .. dont offer something and treat a consumer badly... i spend good money on computers i paid 1200 for my hp new and they gave me a 400 computer in exchange saying thats compareable.. .sure some spects were not the good ones... thats for sure..

Roger, (LOL) Do you work for the Geek Squad? If not, you would be a natural!

You are a sarcastic p*ick and if I were a big black lady I would throw hot fried chicken and biscuits at your weaselly big (small-minded) head. :grin

#205268

ASUS isn't that bad of a brand. When you get a cheap computer in any brand, it's going to suck. Know the specs (not spects) of what you currently have before they offer you a comparable exchange to ensure you don't get hosed.

View more comments (1)
Review
#203386 Review #203386 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Best Buy/Pleasant Hills, PA

I recently bought a dvd drive from Best Buy, and paid a hefty sum for it. When I got home and opened the box (which was sealed) I found an ancient cd drive. I immediately returned to Best Buy with my receipt and guess what? After arguing with the salesperson at the return desk and demanding to see a manager, it was determined by them that I switched out the product with an old cd drive in order to scam Best Buy out of money. Well, go figure. I am SO pissed! With this current situation, I have no idea what to do or even what my rights are!

Sounds to me like you bought a new DVD drive and thought you could pull a fast one by putting your old one in there and trying to get a refund. Nice try.

Bestbuysucks also tried this scam and was unsuccessful. His kids cannot eat because he was counting on the money he was trying to *** Best Buy out of.

Don't get mad at Best Buy for not falling for your *** job. Try being an honest citizen.

Bestbuysucks

The same thing happened to me with a sealed Laptop Hardrive. Got the same treatment at BayShore, NY Bestbuy.

After getting no call back from BestBuy customer relations "Tina". I decided to report to my credit card co. and attempt a chargeback. I'll let you know the outcome in 30 days.

Meanwhile, please post as many complaints on line as your free time allows. I promise I will do the same. Thanks to Google search technology I'm confident that Bestbuy will feel it in their pockets sooner or later. Please pass the word along..

"Don't buy at Bestbuy..." there are many options online.. Newegg.com, Microcenter.com, Even Costco.

#205270

Yeah unfortunately there have been times where enough customers HAVE switched stuff out and claimed what you are claiming that Best Buy will almost never do the exchange and will direct you to the manufacturer because if it came that way from the manufacturer, they should have to take care of it.

View more comments (2)
Review
#202917 Review #202917 is a subjective opinion of poster.
10/15/2010 Best Buy Corporate Customer Care RE: Gurnee, IL Store #849 / Exchange & Return policy To Whom It May Concern: On 10/8/2010, my husband purchased an Apple iPad and various accessories for me as a birthday gift. After opening it and trying it out & I didn't...

Not to be rude but who in their right mind thinks they can buy an item use it and return it without a restocking fee. It is a used item.

They can't sell it at the regular price any more so how can you return it at the regular price. Well at some places you can return an item if it is used. My dad bougt a DVD recorder. I used it a couple times.

It turned out he wanted one with a VCR also. We put everything back and taped it up and returned it. They didn't even check the inside.

We could have returned anything. That was around the same size or weight.

View more comments
Review
#202800 Review #202800 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Deal Tree gives no money, misrepresents items received; Rip-Off!

I recently switched my cell service to Verizon from AT&T through Best Buy. While in the store, the sales people admired my AT&T Sony Ericsson Walkman phone and suggested I trade it in through their Trade-In program. During the process of switching plans, the salesman tested my old phone, transferred contacts and photo's, etc. Twice during this process, I received calls on the Sony phone. The next morning, I looked up the information as to how to receive a gift card from Best Buy by trading in the old phone. The online form asked for the make of the phone and model. Walkman was stamped on the side of the phone, though the manual had a number model on the cover; they were essentially the same phone. It asked if the phone was working; yes, as I had used it in the store the day before, did I have the power cords and finally, was there any water damage (no). The only flaw in the phone was the center navigation button was missing the tiny plastic cover; something the store even took note of but said made no difference as the button was functional. I printed out the quote for $22.00 for trading in the phone and shipped it out. A week later I received a reply telling me that they were giving me nothing for the phone and if I wanted it back, I had to pay THEM return postage and Shipping and handling charges that may exceed $48.00!!! They claim the phone was misrepresented by a wrong model number. As I said, Walkman was stamped directly on the phone and that it didn't work. I wrote back telling them YES it did work and who were they kidding. There reply was now that it WAS SEVERELY DAMAGED and I still wouldn't receive any credit for it and then rubbed my nose in the fact that they would charge me money to return it. DO NOT TRADE IN anything to these people. The whole program is a scam so they can resell or refurbish products at a 100% profit. They are liars and cheats!!! I have no problem with the stores; they are upfront and honest but you are sending your items to faceless *** men and have no retribution. Let this posting be your warning and PLEASE, PASS IT ON.
Review
#202784 Review #202784 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Runs a *** Job

Best Buy's customer service is not the only thing that's a joke now. I bought a pair of skullcandy headphones from them and purchased a replacement warranty for them. Three months later, one of the buds falls off. So I go into Best Buy to replace these headphones and the customer service rep sends me off to grab a new pair. While I was gone, his supervisor had come up from where he was lurking and informed the rep that they weren't touching the replacement on the buds because clearly, since the other bud was still intact, there was no way it could have possibly fallen off on a defect. Seriously? If I had purchased these buds through Skullcandy, the manufacturer themselves would have still given me 50% off if they didn't think the buds were defective. I have electronics purchases upwards of $2,000 planned out, but it's nice to know that a $30 pair of headphones was totally worth the rest of my money.
This G

Well this is adorable. It seems a troll took up both names at some point and created an argument that is quite funny to a point.

I only posted the first time, the other times were by someone else.

Troll 1, You 0. Well played.

As I remember it, I gave you my opinion of this situation. I didn't call you names or insult your intelligence. You're response was "Get a life". So, don't get all high and mighty and act like you didn't provoke all of this.

"A typo while calling you boring and annoying doesn't prove this point you're trying to make where you seem to think I'm a ***." - Read that sentence over again. I don't think you're a ***. I know you are.

You need to take and English class and take better of your things. Best Buy doesn't refund items that are broke due to abuse or negligence. Learn from it, get over it, and move on.

Trying to berate me isn't working because I graduated high school and you're acting like a 14 year old.

This is really pathetic. Move on already, please.

I assume you are trailer park because I'm a pathetic *** (pot, meet kettle) who has nothing better to do than blah blah blah... It doesn't work? What doesn't work? How is it supposed to work? What does that even mean?

I'm boring any annoying?....ok then

I understand now. You're 9 years old. Ok, well when you get to 10th grade English class you should learn how to put together a sentence.

Also, by that time you should be mature enough to take care of your things and not try to scam Best Buy.

First off, don't presume I'm trailer trash just because you're some pathetic *** who has nothing better to do than try and rip people apart online. It seriously doesn't work.

Secondly, nice try with posting that under my username.

Go find one of the other billions of people logged onto the internet and pester them. You're officially boring any annoying.

I have also learned that there is a difference between someone not believing my story and being attacked. I guess I'm just a drama queen. Sorry everyone.

All right, so I broke them. I was hungry so I decided to chew on one of the ear buds so I could snack on some ear wax.

They broke and I tried to see if Best Buy would give me a new pair for free. When the manager saw the teeth marks he wouldn't give me a refund.

Thats when I decided to throw a temper tantrum.

I just feel like a *** over this whole thing. Next time I'm going to take better care of my things.

What kind of loser breaks their things and then tries to *** a store to pay for their negligence? Trailer trash.

Next time take care of your things.

It really doesn't matter if you believe me or not considering there were people present to back me up.

What kind of a loser trolls these sites to find someone to attack anyway?

I did read your story. I just don't believe it. Neither did the manager. That is why you didn't get a refund.

You broke your headphones and decided Best Buy should give you brand new ones free. It's not going to happen.

Like I said, next time take care of your things.

Nice try, the headphone fell off, it didn't break off, and I didn't smash it.

By warranty, the headphones were supposed to be replaced. Their corporate department said the same thing.

Get a life.

So your headphones broke due to your own negligence and the manager noticed this and refused your exchange? Whats the problem?

Next time take care of your things.

View more comments (11)
Review
#202555 Review #202555 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Back in 2007 I had purchased an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop from Best Buy. The salesperson asked me if I wanted the laptop to be "tested" - I accepted. After using the laptop for a while I noticed that the wireless Internet connection would drop sporadically. It wasn't...
#205229

You sir, are correct. When they are offering to test the laptop for you, it is because 9 times out of 10, they are trying to sell you an already opened model.

By them "opening it up and testing it for you," you are getting charged full price for something that you should be getting at a 10% discount. The other 1 out of 10 times is because there have been known issues with that model of laptop and they don't want the hassle of you coming in the next day with a broken computer

Review
#201912 Review #201912 is a subjective opinion of poster.