Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Never buy online/phone with Bestbuy.com. They have horrible service for delivery and customer care. I had a very bad experience with them and just want to let all know as they can be careful before ordering something. I ordered a Refrigerator from Bestbuy.com over...
#205232

This scenario is a warning to people buying appliances from Best Buy. This kind of thing happens ALL OF THE TIME!

The store makes promises that it can't always fulfill because they will do anything to make the sale and then blame the warehouse when things don't go right. Also, things get oversold and it always leads to customer disappoints. I.E.

3 different stores see that 1 fridge is coming into the warehouse and they all make the same purchase, 2 customers are S.O.L. and it doesn't matter

Review
#200372 Review #200372 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Best Buy review in Washington, District Of Columbia: 4 months and no refund on appliance

I purchased a $1200 washer dryer 4 months ago but had to return on delivery unfortunately because it did not fit up our staircase. Four months later, they acknowledge the item was returned but cannot figure out why I haven't been refunded. They blame everyone including the 3rd party manufacturer who delivered it, and their division called Best Buy Direct, who is supposed to handle the refunds. I have contacted them numerous times and they keep saying it is a high priority and they will follow up, but never do. I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company. They managed to convince my credit card company that they would refund me, so the credit card company sent me a letter saying a refund was promised and that they no longer considered the transaction in dispute. Unbelievable - it is outright highway robbery by a Fortune 500 company!! I am ready to file suit. I have never done this. Any advice?
#195328

I sued Best Buy, but because of a national corporation, that requiers that you go thru the secretary of state in your state to get the proper information for small claims court. Yes nd I won with their corporate $$$$ attorney.

Review
#200319 Review #200319 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Miami, Florida: Free TV with room 3 wk. delivery

Bought new living room set with free tv. Wife in Texas, me in Florida. Called to schedule delivery of furniture, was then told the tv comes from Best Buy and would take 10 to 14 days to deliver, when we called to complain, we were told we should have read the fine print.Had to cancel Direct TV installation, because we had no tv. They told us we could cancel our order, but wife needed her furniture. Called back to see if something could be done, told us it would take 3 wks., was coming from Best Buy warehouse in Missouri. Two more CEO's that'll get a big bonus for incompetence, any one ever hear of efficiency. Told wife not to call again, figured that it would take even longer. Never will deal with these buffoons again !
Review
#200257 Review #200257 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy - Takes money but accepts no responsibility

When my husband and I bought our laptops from Best Buy, the sales representative persuaded us to buy Trend Micro Antivirus software. The come-on was that the first six months were free. Towards the end of August, we started getting notices that the software was expiring and that we needed to call Best Buy to renew it. The Best Buy representative said that they had our credit card number on file (I was not happy to hear this) and that the software would automatically be renewed on August 31. The charge was posted to our credit card in early September. Almost one month and many calls later to both Best Buy and Trend Micro, we continue to receive from Trend Micro the statement "unable to authorize payment." Best Buy acknowleges that they have received payment, but each person to whom I have spoken claims not to be responsible and will not do anything to resolve the problem. I have only four days left before the grace period expires so I am going to have to buy new software to replace the software I have already purchased.

cancel the charge and go get avast.

it's free and outclasses trend micro in almost every way.

#205238

You need to read the fine print on things. Everything that is "free" nowadays requires a credit card. You wouldn't have been able to get that 6 months free if you didn't swipe your credit card so you can be unhappy all you want for willingly giving them something.

View more comments (1)
Review
#200219 Review #200219 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Sales Representative

Best Buy review in Laramie, Wyoming: Liar, Liar on Dyson vacuum cleaner

Bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner as was told that if I ever had a problem with it that they would give a replacement. One of the tubes busted so I drove the sixty miles to take it in. They said that they could not give me a replacement and they would send it in. They assured me that it would be back in a week. I explained what the saleman had said about a replacement because my wife has a daycare in the home and vaccuumed every day. They said they could do nothing and to come back in a week when it would be back. I called for three weeks and each week they said it would be in soon. I called on a Wednesday and they promised me that the vaccuum would be in by Saturday and that I could come and pick it up. I drove the sixty miles to pick it up and when I arrived they said it had no come in as promised. I explained that I had to have a vaccuum cleaner and they again told me they could do nothing. I then requested that when it came in, they could deliver it to my home which was sixty miles away. They told me that they did not deliver. I told them that they would this time as I was not coming back in the store again. It ended up with my son in law picking it up and when we went to see the grandchildren, I picked it up then. I have never and will never set foot in that store again and I have told my story to as many people as will listen.

Darken, go home to your own country.

What really helps me is to not try to deal with such an unprofessional place and I immediately take it to the corporate level and/or to the BBB and state Consumer Protection Agency; you could also try going through the company that made the product. It sounds like you had a terrible experience that no one should have to experience! It also sounds like poor management and an awful manager in this store.

Tom
#197015

if it was a refurbished Item then you were taking a gamble, ah god all you americans are like spoiled children, waa waa waa

#193803

next time read the service plan within the first 30 days that you own a product.

View more comments (3)
Review
#199894 Review #199894 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy/Geek Squad poor customer service

My sister bought her son a $500 ASUS laptop from Best Buy last December. They don't have much money and going against my advice, she did not buy any additional warranty or insurance policy. Long story short, within 6 months, the LCD screen was cracked due to misuse and the computer was no longer usable. Understandably, since they did not buy the accident protection policy, Best Buy was under no obligation to fix the computer for free. My problem is that when she brought it to the Geek Squad section of the local Best Buy store, the computer was sent away for diagnosis and she was ultimately told that it would cost $900 to replace the LCD screen. Recall that the original laptop purchase price 6 months earlier was $500. It didn't make much sense to me that it should cost almost twice as much to replace the LCD as the original new price of the laptop. How would you feel for example if you bought a new car for $20,000 and when you brought it back to the dealer in 6 months to repair something they wanted almost $40,000 to repair it? Fortunately, I had enough technical expertise to diagnose the problem and fix it myself. My cost was $180 for the replacement LCD screen and $10 for shipping. My labor time was 20 to 30 minutes. Therefore, not counting my labor time, I fixed the laptop for $190 (versus Geek squad charge of $900). I believe that any reasonable person would agree with me that Best Buy was attempting to grossly over-charge for this repair. I'm just glad that I was able to help my sister avoid being ripped-off. Another example of customer service at its worst! By the way, I did call the Best Buy corporate customer service department to complain but they didn't seem to understand why I felt that this was bad service.

$900 seems a little extreme, but it is the most expensive part of a laptop.

As a side line I renovate historic buildings. Had a project that was abandoned for several years. Need every window replaced, but still had to keep this historic window frames. I had 7 window companies quote the job, ranged from $150K to $2.1M. A team of 3 people and 6 months and we did it our selfs for less then $3K.

Moral: Self repair is ALWAYS less expensive!!

#205241

They are a major company, with the main goal of making money. So to them, $900 from you is awesome. Next time, don't smash the screen

Tom
#197024

well they are a business first off so they have to make money. second thier parts department is a third party company and charges Best Buy full price for parts.

View more comments (2)
Review
#199877 Review #199877 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
I purchase an LG washer and dryer at Best Buy. After four months, the dryer broke. Wouldn't power up (fancy model with bells and whistles). A machine four months old should not break and should replaced. Although I was on the phone for 5 hours with their Cust....
#205245

It's not Best Buy's fault that LG made a faulty product. They don't have random parts sitting around waiting for products to break. Direct your ignorant rage at LG

Review
#199518 Review #199518 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

BEST BUY ....I AM PISSED OFF!

I just went back to use the BLACK TIE warranty service and was harassed for 60 minutes while they told me i must have misunderstood their policy (although they have been charging me 9.95 for the last 10 months. The plan was expressed that if the BLACK TIE protection plan allows a person to bring their phone back to best (rip off) BUY and if they can no fix it ...they will replace it (PALM PIXI).....the part they left out (the flippin idiots) was that they have to send it off and we could be without it for 3-6 weeks. This was the mount Juliet ,TN store and the department manager Holly Black was one of the most Sarcastic kid i ever met. The other person Mark (the person making the sale but leaving me without "the whole truth" kept us waiting for over 1 hour while he set up the "loaner phone" and literally joked and laughed with another employee the entire time. Best Buy....not only do you have a problem with your warranty/protection plans (should be called black hole protection...not black tie)...but your associates need a whole lot of training. So I am going to take my storey to the next share holder meeting (yes I own stock) and speak to all who attend the share holder meeting. Sincerely ABSOLUTLEY PO'd.

O yea, it's a team of undercover best buy employees posting on your complaints to make you look ***. Paraniod much? Whether those other comments were you or not, that last one made you sound like an ***

To all reading this. I (Rtaylor807) only wrote the initial complaint on 99/21/10......all the other post i.e 6 & 7 are not mine.

They are probably Best Buy corporate reputation defenders trying to make those writing legitimate complaints look like fools. Oh well....I guess my trips to best buy will yield more results as i take my time to tell all about my experiences.....should have plenty of listeners with the holiday traffic.

#205243

LOL you sound like a *** who wouldn't read about what you are paying for.

"Stalkholders"? Is Best Buy a corn based company?

#196935

"allows a person to bring their phone back to best (rip off) BUY and if they can not fix it ...they will replace it."

Did you think they repair phones in the back and would say "hey we fixed it"? No duh they have to send it out, and if they can't fix you get a new one.

Everyone wants stuff for free these days.

#195293

Yeah dude, you need to not be a blind *** and just R-E-A-D! Why are you paying for a warranty that you don't understand? You, along with every other *** that likes to sign paperwork or buy warranties without reading, are the easiest to fool.

#194951

Lol, you are the only one acting like a kid. I doubt that the sarcastic person was a kid.

However you act like an eight year old. You spell like an eight year old.

My conclusion you are eight years old. This would explain why you did not understand the policy, because you have the understanding experience of an eight year old.

#194949

Those people at the stalkholder meetings are just as dumb as the people working at BEst Buy, they said I misunderstood the policy. They laughted at me did not take my side.

#194948

Shut up guy behind the plan just shut up and go kill yourself.

Kathy, you ***, why dont you write your own coplaint instead of of posting your complaint in mine. ***.

#194221

Took my lap top in for service, disc drive guide came off, so they had to send it away for about 4 weeks( it really was longer, Holidays and all) when I got it back; the laptop would not boot up. They said it had a virus.

Funny it did not have one when I turned it over to Geeks. Ran virus scan and protection just before they took it over. It was Norton, the one they sold me + plus a second one (AVG). They then kept it for several more

weeks, tried to charge me for the virus they unleashed on my laptop, then when I got it back again the keyboard and mouse would not work.

Finally, some tech slammed one of their diagnostic discs into drive, scrolled around and fixed the problem.

Don't use the service for Best Buy, use a Tech who has proper PC training. :( :( :(

#193785

funny you never took the time to read the plan that you bought.

View more comments (9)
Review
#199475 Review #199475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Sells Inferior Toshiba Laptops

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop from Best Buy and one month later the keys popped off. I had it placed in my rolling computer bag and opened the laptop in a clients office to a mess of keys sitting atop the keyboard. I was able to place the majority back on but several could not be replaced. I contacted Best Buy and was informed that thirty days was up and there was nothing that could be done because the warranty does not cover the keyboard. BEWARE of patronizing Best Buy, they could care less about customer retention, satisfaction, or service.
#205246

It's not Best Buy's fault that Toshiba made a faulty product. You ran the risk of not being covered by BBY when you didn't buy their warranty, so you are stuck with the manufactures warranty. Which is, btw, the people you should be angry with.

#196926

Your best bet is to do this. Call Toshiba and tell them you have a sticky key.

They may ask you if you want to send it in for repair or you send you the keyboard. They may ask you to send the old one back.

I have had Dell and Lenvo send me new keyboard this way many times. If you search on the internet, you should be able to find the best way to get the other keys on if the above doesn't help out.

#193801

maybe you should read your service plan. that would be a great idea. or know that the 30 day return policy is there for almost every company in existance now.

View more comments (2)
Review
#199113 Review #199113 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

BEST BUY THE WORST ELECTRONIC STORE...STILL OPEN!!!

COME ON CONSUMERS, WHY ARE YOU BUYING FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. THEY DON'T ABIDE BY THEIR SALES WHICH IS BAIT AND SWITCH ADVERTISING. THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE NOT FAMILIARIZED WITH THE PRODUCTS OR HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO PROPERTY DEMONSTRATE. LAZY MANAGERS. SO MANY EMPLOYEES THROUGHOUT THE STORE HUDDLE TOGETHER AND CHAT INSTEAD OF WORKING. IF THEY SELL YOU BAD EQUIPMENT, THEY WILL CHARGE YOU A RESTOCKING FEE OF 15% OF RETAIL PRICE EVEN IF THE PRODUCT IS DEFAULTED! USE BEST BUY TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES, WATCH A SHOW, AND LOOK AT FLOOR SAMPLES. BUY ON AMAZON.........NO SALES TAX + FREE DELIVERY. WILL SAVE YOU $100'S ON A BIG PURCHASE. IN THIS BAD ECONOMY WHY SUPPORT A COMPANY LIKE THIS!!! LET'S PUT EM OUT OF BUSINESS.
#207673

What a couple of *** i*****! Gillette71 do you an actual account of why Best Buy is the worst electronic store?

Lisa, Does the freezer still posp open? Maybe some duct tape will work, Home Depot is running a special on some it comes with a 45 minute warranty.

#190981

QUIT BUYING! Why are we buying from ANYONE.

Just one example more (Athough I could give you several just from my recent experiences): I bought a brand new refigerator from American TV in Jan of '09. The next day I called and told them the freezer posp open constantly. They sent a technician (who rudely claimed to be a Christian) that replaced the seal that WAS NOT bad. Problem not fixed and they refused to replace or fix the issue.

Today, I still own that refrigerator. Problem not resolved even after complaining to BBB. Funny, was under warranty from Frigedaire also. Two more bad organizations.

I QUIT BUYING ANYTHING I don't truly need and they wonder what's wrong with our economy.

I say we TANK the economy and walk off jobs everywhere at once. If we have to suffer, then let the CEOs suffer more.

View more comments (1)
Review
#198815 Review #198815 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Customer Care