Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy review in Newark, New Jersey: Sold defective item and worst customer service

I bought a refrigerator online and it was defective since I plugged in. Called Best Buy customer services explained the weird loud noise the refrigerator was making every 20 minutes or so and they said someone would contact me within 5-7 business days. On the 5th business day someone named Samantha (Best Buy .com supervisor) sent me an email saying they cannot process an exchange due to the model no longer being available in my area and giving me 2 options. 1) keep the refrigerator and get a 10% damage/defective discount or 2) schedule a pick up of the item and receive a full refund. I replied to her email saying none of the two options were to my satisfaction because I was not interested in any discount but a new working refrigerator and in order for me to buy a refrigerator from a store other than Best Buy I would need the refund on my card, which means I would have no place to keep my food fresh for who knows how many days so I asked for a similar refrigerator from a different brand. Samantha did not reply to my email nor to a second email so after 7 days I decided to call customer service. I was astonished to find out that they did not have records of my emails under my case number. To them, it looked like I never replied to Samantha's email and they were still waiting for my decision. The person I talked to could not offer me another refrigerator just the same two options their supervisor had given me. I asked for Samantha or some one with the authority to make such a decision to call me back but I'm still waiting... I have not seen such a poor customer service and little willingness to satisfy customers. I think they new this item was defective because they didn't even bother to send a technician to look at it and thought I would be happy with a 10% discount.
Review
#201899 Review #201899 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Parts Dept.

I own a Sony 42" projection TV, that had a lamp burn out. When I contacted Best Buy, where I purchased the TV, they informed me my extended warranty had expired.(just my luck!). I was then transferred to the Parts Department to order a new part, which I could install myself. I spoke to the rep who ordered the part, and the transaction was completed. I was then told I would receive the part on Tuesday the 12th. I asked if it could be shipped any faster & I was told yes, for an additional fee, & was promised it would be delivered "tomorrow the 8th". When the part didn't arrive today, I called to have my order tracked and was told they couldn't find my order!! After speaking with 2 reps, they finally found my order, and while waiting for this information I discovered by going online with my bank I had been charged twice!! So, now I'm out $400.00, with no part in sight!! I was promised I would be refunded one of the charges, but it will take a whopping 72 hours to see the credit back on my account! I was also told my order would not arrive until Tuesday, because Monday is a %#&$$ Holiday!! So not only was I given a promise for delivery that they could not keep, but they billed me twice for a part that is nowhere in sight! I have purchased 4 TV's + numerous other electronic equipmentfrom Best Buy over the years, this is the last time I will ever shop at this store. Customer Service is the worst I've ever experienced! It's a big steaming pile of caca!!
Review
#201849 Review #201849 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Buying online from Best Buy

I will never again buy online from best Buy. They charge your card right away and then you won't see your items for some time. Plus they will lie on the phone when you call. I paid for the fastest shipping but 4 days later I had nothing and am still waiting. They tell me that the item has shipped but I have received no tracking #. When I called I as told that they mistakenly put it for ground shipping. Then they said it was fixed. The nest day I heard nothing and then nothing again the next day.
#198675

I will NEVER purchase from Best Buy again. I ordered a Samsung TV online that was delivered late, then was broken when I opened it.

It took the customer service reps about an hour before making a decision on what to do. HMMM Maybe send a replacement out ASAP to keep your customer happy?

Instead I had to go to a local best buy store, purchase it AGAIN, its been 2 weeks and i am still waiting for my credit from the original TV. I'm currently on hold for 20 minutes...estimated wait time 2 minutes

Review
#201402 Review #201402 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Plainsboro, New Jersey: What Customer Service?

Lazy as the day is long, that should be their motto. I went to buy a camera and accessories. I waited for a half hour, and no one from Best Buy came to me and asked me if I needed assistance. I got tired of waiting, so I went down the road to PC Richards. Within 2 minutes (I timed it), a sales person there came to me. I saw the same camera and mentioned that I was just at Best Buy and they had a lower price. The sales person at PC Richards went online and was more than happy to match it. I see no reason why I should not follow the same process for everything I buy.
This G
#205231

To be fair, most of the time I've seen employees standing around BSing instead of helping people. So it's half and half

#198693

I agree with Drakan. Quit being lazy and approach a sales rep.

I'll bet they don't ignore you then.

I'm sick of people bit*hing on the Internet about how *** other people are, when they themselves are just as bad or worse.

Tom
#197012

well doofus, you stood around looking like a tard, Best Buy employees are busy helping people and making sure items are stocked, they have bigger stores than pc richards, next time approach an employee and quit being lazy

View more comments (2)
Review
#200949 Review #200949 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Mercer, Wisconsin: Customer Service is terrible!

We purchased a laptop computer along with their extended warranty. After 6 months the computer had a catastrophic failure. They tried to replace it with a cheaper model because the model we purchased was no longer available. After arguing for an hour we got at least an equal model. 6 months later that computer failed. We took it back to the famous geek squad. After 4 weeks we called in to check the progress. They lost the computer! Two weeks later they called and said the computer was ready to pick up. We picked up the computer and the operating system was wiped clean. We asked to have the operating system reinstalled. The geek squad refused unless we paid an additional $150 for a new copy of windows. We argued for three hours and refused to pay. They told us to go to the manufacturer or get the original disks. So much for their warranty???? Best Buy does not give the original disks with the computers anymore! I will never buy a thing from this store. Their business model stinks! Their Geek Squad is a joke! Their Customer Service is non-existent!
#196932

first off i would have had them fix the 1st computer, why downgrade? To resolve issues that are bad, you have hard drive, motherboard ( most of the stuff is built into it) and the memory.

when you set up a computer for the first time in the directions it tells you to make recovery cds. I think DEll is the only one that will give you CDs now.

#195288

Dave's right. It's not Best Buy's fault that your computer did not come with original recovery discs, it's the manufacturer that doesn't send them out with the computers.

#195259

The first thing you must do after getting a new computer is to burn your own recovery discs. Very few computer manufacturers are giving out recovery discs with their computers anymore.

It's not the policy of Best Buy. If there is no recovery disc shipped with the computer there is software included to do so in the operating system.

The first time you turn the computer on it will tell you to start burning recovery discs. Have blank DVD's on hand to do so.

View more comments (2)
Review
#200513 Review #200513 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Pasadena, California: Return Policy

BEST BUY RETURN POLICY If you purchase something from Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. And you return the item with the receipt, they will give you your money back if you paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic. Well, I purchased a GPS for my car: a Tom Tom XL.S from 'Best Buy'. They have a policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund! So after 4 days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received it, including the receipt. I explained to the lady at the return desk I did not like the way it couldn't find store names. The lady at the refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said no one told me that. I asked how much would that be. She said it goes by the price of the item. It will be $45 for you. I said, all you're going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge me $45 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy. I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here! If I bought a $2000 computer or TV and returned it I would be charged $300 restock fee? She said yes. 15%. I said OK, just give me my money minus the restock fee. She said, since the item is over $200 dollars, she can't give me my money back! Corporate has to and they will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.! I said 'WHAT?' It's my money! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand..Now I have to wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back of your receipt. I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said well, the front! I said so do I. I want to talk to the Manager! So the manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well, sir they shouldhave told you about the policy when you got the item. I said, no one has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee when I bought items from computers to TVs from Best Buy. The only thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program. He said, well, I can give you corporate phone number. I called corporate. The guy said, well, I'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a 45 dollar gift card and you can use it at Best Buy. I told him if I bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on the itemand then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars. You can keep your gift card, I'm never shopping in Best Buy ever again, and if I'd been smart, I would have charged the whole thing on my credit card! Then I would have canceled the transaction. I would have gotten all my money back including your *** fees! He didn't say a word! I informed him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads-up on the store's policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats. So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad experience of shopping at Best Buy It's true! Read it for yourself!!

Best Lie is not losing any money. They are only making a little less profit by their over inflated prices.

Restocking fee is only for open products and most of the time they can't put it back on the shelves so they lose money. And even if they can sell it opened, they discount it, therefore still losing money. It does suck that no one told you, but it is on the back of the receipt, along with all the other return/exchange info.

View more comments (1)
Review
#200506 Review #200506 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Best Buy review in Los Angeles, California: Sold Personal Information / With out permission

Last Friday I logged on to the Best Buy Survey , With the numbered code on the bottom of the reciept. I saw the questions were WAY to personal , and none of this companys GOD *** business . I closed the browser , without clicking the submit button , and signed out . Monday , I had SPAM , and unwanted phone calls , In other words , they took the information I never authorized and sold it anyway . I looked at the privacy statement , And saw you could OPT OUT , I had already done that when I joined the so called Rewards Program . I e-mailed my concerns , and went unanwsered . And calls were put ON HOLD . No responce . My days doing business with this *** company are coming to a close .

Best Lie and all of the other faceless illuminati controlled businesses do sell your your personal info to data collection companies for for marketing data and mailing lists besides furnishing your private info to the NSA. This is why they try to push you into signing up for a Best-Lie credit card and their rewards program or Geek Squad services. Huge profits on all of these may be the real agenda but that is not the only real agenda.

Tom
#197021

Um hate to burst your bubble but Best Buy doesnt sell your personal information, you need to check your computer for spyware because that forwards your private information to companies and that can cause the phone calls.

Like George Carlin once stated, "If you look at how *** the average person is, just imagine half of those people are even dumber. They are starting to take over and the smart people are a dieing breed".

View more comments (1)
Review
#200404 Review #200404 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Never buy online/phone with Bestbuy.com. They have horrible service for delivery and customer care. I had a very bad experience with them and just want to let all know as they can be careful before ordering something. I ordered a Refrigerator from Bestbuy.com over...
This G
#205232

This scenario is a warning to people buying appliances from Best Buy. This kind of thing happens ALL OF THE TIME!

The store makes promises that it can't always fulfill because they will do anything to make the sale and then blame the warehouse when things don't go right. Also, things get oversold and it always leads to customer disappoints. I.E.

3 different stores see that 1 fridge is coming into the warehouse and they all make the same purchase, 2 customers are S.O.L. and it doesn't matter

Review
#200372 Review #200372 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Best Buy review in Washington, District Of Columbia: 4 months and no refund on appliance

I purchased a $1200 washer dryer 4 months ago but had to return on delivery unfortunately because it did not fit up our staircase. Four months later, they acknowledge the item was returned but cannot figure out why I haven't been refunded. They blame everyone including the 3rd party manufacturer who delivered it, and their division called Best Buy Direct, who is supposed to handle the refunds. I have contacted them numerous times and they keep saying it is a high priority and they will follow up, but never do. I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company. They managed to convince my credit card company that they would refund me, so the credit card company sent me a letter saying a refund was promised and that they no longer considered the transaction in dispute. Unbelievable - it is outright highway robbery by a Fortune 500 company!! I am ready to file suit. I have never done this. Any advice?
#195328

I sued Best Buy, but because of a national corporation, that requiers that you go thru the secretary of state in your state to get the proper information for small claims court. Yes nd I won with their corporate $$$$ attorney.

Review
#200319 Review #200319 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Miami, Florida: Free TV with room 3 wk. delivery

Bought new living room set with free tv. Wife in Texas, me in Florida. Called to schedule delivery of furniture, was then told the tv comes from Best Buy and would take 10 to 14 days to deliver, when we called to complain, we were told we should have read the fine print.Had to cancel Direct TV installation, because we had no tv. They told us we could cancel our order, but wife needed her furniture. Called back to see if something could be done, told us it would take 3 wks., was coming from Best Buy warehouse in Missouri. Two more CEO's that'll get a big bonus for incompetence, any one ever hear of efficiency. Told wife not to call again, figured that it would take even longer. Never will deal with these buffoons again !
Review
#200257 Review #200257 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service