Filter by rating :
filters

Best Buy Suck? Tell their top investors!

Best Buys return policy is devised to milk customers out of their money. If you have experienced this - call your state attorney general's office. After a multitude of these complaints - they WILL look into it and probably slap them with a lawsuit. That will be VERY expensive - just in the public relations nightmare alone. Second - start contacting their top shareholders. This hits them where it hurts - the corporate executive management's pocketbook. Once shareholders determine that Best Buy can't manage customer retention, (ie; they have to spend more on marketing to get new customers through the door because they can't manage to develop customer loyalty), investors will start selling their stock. Given the that their executive bonuses are either granted in or based on stock prices - this should sufficiently motivate them to reconsider their fraudulent practices. Top shareholders are easy to find as they are public record with any publicly traded company. Find the investment group / fund manager and write / email / fax. Copy Best Buy's CEO. You should get pretty quick reults with this method. THe more people that do this - the more luck you will have.
murffy

Well, if anyone has checked Best Buy's stock price lately, it's obvious that I was proven right. Shortly after my original post - multiple media reports were released regarding Best Buy's woes -and their stock price fell-significantly.

I guess the critics of my original post will have to eat their words... but it was obvious that most were probably Best Buy managers / corporate employees anyway.

#219680

You really think your pathetic little post is going to change anything? The state attorney will not do anything.

Why? Because they don't care. And you won't get there stock hurting by contacting shareholders. As long as BBY continues to make money, they won't go anywhere.

Who cares if they suck.

THEY MAKE MONEY. And that's all the shareholders care about.

#219445

Our return policies are so strict because we have lazy DB stealing and devising plans to return damaged or fake items. This cost us millions every year.

So i'm sure the return policies aren't made to milk you out of your money. Next time you see someone getting ready to steal, tell them to stop making things harder for the rest of us who work hard for what we have.

The only thing senior leadership cares about is the bottom line. They don't care about retaining quality employees who perform well to help them maintain the bottom line.

They usually have some uneducated GM running the stores who only care about the next BMW they are going to buy and brag about. Buy from Amazon or a more reputable retailer.

The CEO of Best Buy is always under pressure from the shareholders to increase Best Buy's bottom line. I hate to tell you this, but stricter return policies prevent fraud and increases the bottom line.

Losing a few customers is nothing compared to the money they lose with fraudulent returns.

If you follow their clearly posted policies, you shouldn't have a problem returning something.

My guess is you didn't follow their policies and were denied a return. So now you are acting like an immature, scorned lover who just got dumped.

View more comments (4)
Review
#207445 Review #207445 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager

Complaint aginst BEST BUY in Menifee California

On 11/10/2010 I went into the Best Buy Store in Menifee. I purchased a dishwaher. At the time of purchase I explained to the sales person that I needed to have the item installed. The salesman took my cash set up a delivery dtae and thanked me. Within 2 hours I received a call from the slaes person; he indicated that he forgot to sell me a start up kit and hose for the dishwasher; he told me that I could purchase the item from the installer. The next morning I went back to Best Buy and purchased the kit and confirmed my delivery date of 11/14/2010. Today the delivery persons brought the dishwasher and set it in the middle of my kitchen; I was told that they do not install dishwahers or microwaves. I called Best Buy today and was told that this was my problem and that they would be willing to charge me an additional 129.00 to have it installed. I am a single mother on a limited income and this is my fault. My receipt clearly in bold letters reads "INSTALLATION" and there is a clear charge for there service. Lowes in Menifee price matches. Best Buy does not work with the costumer and NO store manager is available. A total rip. Now I have a dishwasher, installation kit and a headache in the center of my kitchen Thank You Best Buy
Review
#207184 Review #207184 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
This was the worst shopping experience ever! Keep away from this store, for your own good. I am not new to shopping at BestBuy, I have made purchases in there totaling well into thousands, yet this day I have to say is the last day I will go to the store and make a...

Ummm, arthd55, their return policy is 30 days. Why would they give your money back?

You had it for 7 months, time to deal with the manufacture for repairs.

Trained to belittle you, maybe. Retailers are tired of people trying to get things for free just cuz you cried.

This Guy is correct! Customers stopped being right a long time ago.

View more comments
Review
#207019 Review #207019 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Sales Manager

Bay Shor, NY - BestBuy Buyer beware!! | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

Purchased what a thought was a good deal 320GB hard Drive $60, turns out that there was a 40GB hard drive in the sealed box. Brought it back to bestbuy next day, and was told by Cust. #@%$^#, "MIke B." that I had to call the manufacturer and complain to them. I contacted BestBuy Cust. relations, "Tina" who assured me that she would contact store mangaer and do something about this..just as soon as we were off the phone. Well I week later I contacted them again..and left voice mail.. 3 days later still No call back - No real customer help. I'm currently disputing charge with my credit my card co. I used to spend thousands of dollars in their store as a computer repair man, now I rather drive 30 miles and shop at "MicroCenter".. screw Bestbuy, I hope they end up like "Circuit City".
This G

Funny how you jump to conclusions after I tell you the proper way of going about how to fix your possibly unfortunate situation. Obviously the store isn't going to help you. But your post did make me laugh. Since you claim to work in computer repair, I'm going to assume you run a hammer store. Well I hope Home Depot puts you out of commission! (See how ridiculous it is to jump to conclusions about someone you don't know just because they have a different opinion?) And FYI, I actually WANT Best Buy to go out of business. They have incredibly shady practices which upper management will preach behind closed doors and then deny to your face. This is not one of them. All stores have policies in place to protect their bottom line. This is one of them for Best Buy.

Telling your friends and family about not shopping at that store is not going to hurt them. There always has been and always will be other avenues for people to buy their electronics. Tell me, why is it ridiculous to check the box of something you bought to make sure it is in there? This obviously happens enough to people everywhere that it seems like it would be a pretty good idea.

Here's my favorite part:

"I guess most of you sheeps outthere think is OK, when a big company reaches into your pocket and takes money from your kids mouth?

P.S. I alreay made my next PC/TV purchased at RadioShak and PC Richards... over $1,500"

You complain about food being taken out of their mouths over a $60 hard drive, then you go out and spend another $1500. LOL!

And for calling other people high school drop outs, you spell like a ***.

I hope your next customer tries to rip you off. Then if you don't fall for their ***, I hope they end up on this site complaining about you. See how you like it.

I hope your next customer tries to rip you off. Then when you catch them, I hope they end up on this site complaining about you. See how you like it.

Carma is a ***. I hope your next purchase from bestbuy is a rock in a box. Let's see how you like it.

Maybe they don't return your phone calls because they have given you their answer and they don't want to hear you whine anymore.

How many times do they have to tell you that they will not give you a refund on a product until you bring in the item that was purchased?

They aren't going to give you $60 for your old, used hard drive.

They caught you in your ***. Get over it and move on.

Hahaha, You're an ***. I am a computer repairman, I used to spend 15K to 20K at bestbuy. I run my own business, and have no need to scam besttbuy. I did not want a refund simply an exchange to complete a repair on a laptop. When I say, they took from my kids mouth it is a fact, since I support my family repairing computers. The Only scammers here are the people of Bestbuy, Bay Shore, NY.

you would think, they would at least return my phone calls after I presented my case with Customer Service Relations.

Nothing!!!! that's why I'm here... "Buyer Beware" of bestbuy the true scammers-conartist.

How do you connect buying a hard drive to taking food out of your kid's mouth? Are you saying that since you lost money buying a hard drive your kids don't get to eat?

Maybe you should buy your kid's food before you go to Best Buy.

You should just come clean already. You bought a 320GB hard drive, took it home, put your old *** one in the box, and tried to get a refund. Best Buy caught you in the act and now you're mad and embarrassed.

You were probably planning on using the $60 you conned Best Buy out of to feed your kids and now you can't. Well too bad.

I guess most of you sheeps outthere think is OK, when a big company reaches into your pocket and takes money from your kids mouth? I wll not laydown for this, I will fight, and fight.

I will persue all media avenues to show how *** up bestbuy is. If I can contribute to just .0022% to bestbuy demise, it will make my day.

P.S. I alreay made my next PC/TV purchased at RadioShak and PC Richards... over $1,500.

People!, there are more choices out there don't shop at BestBuy... shop at PC Richards, Staples, NewEgg, RadioShak, Etc.

Whoa there. No one was being rude, he was simply trying to explain the reason behind why you may be having a hard time getting a refund in this situation.

His point is: How does Best Buy know that you didn't change out the hard drive yourself? Should Best Buy take every customer at their word? I work in customer service and customers lie all the time to get their way. Think of how much money a store would lose if these policies were not in place.

You talk about profit margins. Well fraudulent returns cost a store a ton of money. Also remember that the more money a store loses on fradulent returns, the more they raise prices.

Never have a heard such a ridiculous answer, to open the box before you walk out of the store" Clearly you're one of BestBuy’s "Damage Control", rude high school drop-outs working there. You guys think you're too big to care about customer service.

Can't wait for the next big store chain to put you out of business.

I hope everyone who reads this post will boycott “Bestbuy” and passes along to their friends and family. Maybe if they feel it in their profit margin, they will do something about their customer service.

This G

This is an issue to take up with the manufacturer. If something comes sealed in the box, it has nothing to do with what Best Buy did.

A lot of fraudulent returns are done using the same story you are using, so when there are legitimate issues they tend to not believe it. There was one instance where a guy bought a wireless adapter, called from the parking lot to say there was a mix of cheesy potatoes in it. We told him to bring it right back in and we'd switch it out for him but he claimed he was "way too busy to come back right now" and he'd be back later. So the store had to take the loss on the cheesy potatoes wireless adapter.

While your claim is not nearly as outlandish, these things happen ALL OF THE TIME.

Best way to make sure it doesn't happen? Open it in the store.

View more comments (10)
Review
#206785 Review #206785 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy customer service

I ordered a TV stand from Best Buy online and have not been able to get an answer on when it will be delivered. The say it is in the warehouse and someone will call me in 3-5 days to schedule the delivery. This was on the 20th of last month. I can't get them to give me a number to call to see what is going on and all they can do is send an email. I filed a dispute on my credit card. ordered from Best Buy sku 9876387 I spoke with Erwin on 10/29/10 Matt at the local store before that., Jimmy who told me a warehous transfer occured on 10/21/10. I spoke to Kalin and Tori on 11/3/10(a supervisor) and sent an email to Shari Ballard (vp of sales) on 11/5/10 all to no avail. I spoke
This G

Unfortunately, people at the store will make promises based off of the idea of how processes are supposed to go and sometimes, things get double sold or incorrectly shipped. It's a known problem but they refuse to finally fix it.

If you haven't already, file a complaint with 1-888-BESTBUY. It's not much, but you already filed a dispute on your card, nicely done.

Review
#206225 Review #206225 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Customer service sucks | Best Buy review from Kingfisher, Oklahoma

I purchased a sansung 52 inch tv from best buy. it went out and when i called best buy they have no record of my extended warranty. They cant even fix my tv because they dont have a tv repairman in the geek squad in my area. DO NOT BUY FROM best but .they SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK THEY SUCK
This G

If you have your receipt, you have all of the proof you need

Review
#206130 Review #206130 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I got an adefective laptop from BEST BUY, but I have to pay 15%more to exchange!

I just bought a laptop from Bestbuy in Irvine (Samsung QX 410) and the next day when I boot the laptop, it froze. It didn't completely freeze; it loaded the desktop, and the cursor was still moving, but the cursor would be busy whenever I placed it over the taskbar. I'm pretty sure that this is explorer.exe that...'s not responding, but i don't know whether to blame the harddrive the bios or just the OS, but either way, this is undeniably not our fault. This happened 3-4 times later, and not just when we booted but when surfing the web too. Yet the problem is, we went to the store to replace this laptop, yet they wanted us to prove it, which was impossible because the problem occured sporadically, AND they wanted us to pay 15% again for it. I don't understand why that...'s necessary, as we paid for a plan, paid for warranty, not to mention that the total cost was over a thousand dollars. I'm not attacking your service, but think about it: We paid for the utmost quality, yet we got a faulty laptop and we're paying again? 15%? I had a lot of respect for this store, but this is just ridiculous. I want a solution where I don't have to pay any money because of something that wasn't my fault.

Most likely a rouge malware virus, reinstall your OS and stop surfing the ***!

"i don't know whether to blame the harddrive the bios or just the OS, but either way, this is undeniably not our fault." You sound like you know squat about computers. So how do you know it's not your fault? If you are such an expert on computers then you should know exactly what the problem is. You couldn't reproduce the defect in front of an employee. I would assume you were lying too.

You probably bought a computer that you decided you didn't want/need anymore, made up some phoney BS story about the taskbar (that you couldn't reproduce in front of an employee), and demanded to be refunded.

The computer is now used. Worse than that, it was used by someone who has no clue about how to use a computer. You're mad because Best Buy wants you to absorb the cost of selling that item at a used price. Tough nuggets. The laptop is not defective, I think Best Buy got a defective customer.

This G

The reason they need you to prove that it is messing up is because every day people come in with some outlandish stories about things trying to cheat the system so it sows down the process for people with actual issues. The 15% is a restocking fee, a process used to make a ton of money over the fiscal year. They charge you 15% to take it back because they have to resell it at a 10% discount because it is an open item.

View more comments (2)
Review
#205804 Review #205804 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best buy cheated me on a laptop warranty

I am another helpless victim of the ASUS/ Nvidia 8600 graphics card failure that is still going around. I purchased my laptop an ASUS G1-s from best buy and purchased their 3 year " black tie" extended warranty. 2 years and a few months later, i get lines on the screen , and then no screen at all. After the kid at the uptown saltlake city store told me it was the screen and harddrive( which didnt make sense) he sent it back to the service center. A week and a half later i get a call to come pick it up. I go in to pick it up and the kid at the counter hands me the laptop . i ask- hey great, is the OS loaded and everything is OK, right? the kid replys- Oh sorry we dont reload the OS here. I reply- what?!! he says sorry sir, we dont reload the OS. My next comment is- I payed for the black tie warranty. he says- sorry we dont do that, but your laptop is good to go! he then walks away to help someone else! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? well, I take it home thinking i can reload the recovery disks, and what do you know IT WONT EVEN BOOT UP!- I then take it to the best buy in american fork and the kid in their apologises profusely, offers to reload the OS and to figure out whats going on. - NOW that is more like it. Later he calls me up- Sir, the graphics card has burnt out, and we are sending it to the service center. And here we go, I start looking things up and low and behold, ALL OVER THE INTERNET- is the hue and outcry over Nvidias defective GPUs ( 8600 series) that has failed in my laptop. I collect a ton of evidence and take to the best buy- I WAS BRUSHED OFF- the manager smiles at me " im sorry sir but the terms of warranty dictate replacing it with what it came with" . So what it comes down to is that best buy will ONLY replace the motherboard/ GPU with the SAME motherboard/GPU that is A KNOWN DEFECT issue. Since when is it OK to replace a defective part WITH a defective part? Their management, consumer relations department, even geek squad has all denied ANY responsibility ( of course ) , so it looks like I will NEVER buy ANYTHING at Best Buy, not to mentioni will never touch an ASUS product, IS this what they call " STANDING BEHIND THIER PRODUCT"???? I know that I dont have the money to legaly battle the "giant" so well see what a lawyer says about small claims court, either way they lost a customer- buyer beware-

Laptop computers do not have the ability to be upgraded in the motherboard/GPU department. They all have a model specific Graphics card, which is permanently attached to the motherboard, which is custom built for that model laptop.

Your Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Plan states that it will be repaired up to three times, with the fourth service getting you a replacement of comparable technology. My suggestion-let it die a couple more times, get it repaired (at no cost to you) and then when it goes out the fourth time, GET A NEW LAPTOP.

Dell/HP had the same issue. It was all 8600 GPUs.

They only had a certain amount of hot cold cycles before they went out. The replacement motherboards that they issued "fixed" the issue.

I assume ASUS did the same. You are a lucky one that actually purchased a service plan.

View more comments (1)
Review
#205207 Review #205207 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Worst customer service | Best Buy review from West Bloomfield Township, Michigan

The worst customer service of my life. These guys apologize and then with their last words through back an insult and denial of responsibility. Its like some kind of farce to them. on top of that when you get to a point where you no longer can trust them and decide you don't want to do business with them they *** as best they can. The worst customer service of my life. These guys apologize and then with their last words through back an insult and denial of responsibility. Its like some kind of farce to them. on top of that when you get to a point where you no longer can trust them and decide you don't want to do business with them they *** as best they can. Today I purchased three laptops for around $3,800 dollars and never let the store with them never touched them and they refused to refund $800 of the buy for a restocking

Ok, heres the whole story. I bought 3 laptops, one for each of my cousins that live with me.

When I got back to my trailer, I couldn't figure out how to get them to play my Larry the Cable Guy VHS tape. Turns out that computers need electricity to run, so I had no use for them.

When I took them back to Best Buy, they wanted a restocking fee because I opened the box and they said they couldn't sell them as new anymore. I feel like a real tool.

You were probably trying to commit return fraud and got caught red-handed. Good for Best Buy.

Seems fishy that someone would make a $3800 purchase and then need to return them all unopened.

Why did you buy them in the first place?

I'm glad Best Buy caught you and refused to be a victim of your *** job.

If you acted like an immature troll (like you are now) when you were in the store, it's no wonder they did nothing to help you. I wouldn't either.

#207689

Shut up. I dont have to be specifice.

I was right they were wrong. Also Lamer this is my letter you want your own letter for your "diughter then write your own.

#207665

We are now on our 9th trip back to Best Buy to get my diuagters lap top fixed. I have called customer service, no luck, went on line with customer service and they just quit answering me back, talked to the store manager and the asst manager who said all this would not have happened if I had bought the extened warraty..but since the lap top is only 10 months old they can't will not do anything...first it was a virus $130, then the mother board, then the hard drive, then another hard drive, then something else then optic reader and to top it off they make you buy a replacement to use until the other one comes back..if it ever will...end of the day they do not care about the custoerm unless they at the check out counter.

#205945

Can you provide any specifics? A story?

View more comments (5)
Review
#204999 Review #204999 is a subjective opinion of poster.
On 10-18-10 I ordered the GE Gas Range online. On 10-22-10 I was told it would be delayed another 10 - 14 days. I cancelled the order (Case # 78028911) and was told the charge against my AmEx would be lifted in 48 hours. On 10-25-10 I called to confirm since my card...
#205278

They dropped the ball so much on this. My advice for the future, any time you are returning something, do it in person and get a paper print out of the valid cancellation and in 48 hours (or however long they say it will take) if it is not posted back to your card, immediately call your credit card company and notify them that it is a false charge due to valid cancellation.

Review
#204652 Review #204652 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Shipping Service