Best Buy Canada

I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada, Best Buy is the worst store out there for costumer service ,i will start from the beginning , i bought a PlayStation 3 and a Dslr camera over $1500, and the lady was assisting me and forcing me to get a warranty she told me that if you take this warranty if you ps3 breaks down within two(2) years i can take it to best-buy and replace it in the store, but now its been more than 30 days and i went to best-buy i actually tried 3 bestbuys they all gave me head aches and got me so mad, when i went to exchange my ps3 because it broke down they told me no we cannot exchange it because it hasn't been one year yet you have to send it to Sony. I explained that the sales lady who sold me this stuff assisted me in getting the warranty and telling me that i can exchange it anytime but, the *** costumer service and the dumb *** manager didn't even care now my PlayStation ps3 broke down , and i have to send it to Sony. From this day i am never going to Best buy store again worst costumer service in the world also never get the warranty from them it's nothing stick with products warranty , if they hassle you in getting warranty grab what you just bought and smash it in their brainless heads.
This G

I'm sure the sales person did a bad job explaining things, but you sound ridiculous with the way you are trying to explain things. You should always read the fine print when you are purchasing a warranty.

Of course Best Buy is the worst for "costumer service", they don't sell clothes.

And using only 3 periods for your entire rant makes you sound like a dumb canuck. It's no wonder you got so easily fooled

Loss

Bestbuy Order Pick-up service @ store 1463 really sucks!!! | Best Buy review from Saint Paul, Minnesota

I ordered a playstation 3 online from Bestbuy to pick-up at Shakopee store (#1463). Guess what? After I waited for one and half hour at the store, they told me that my order was cancelled. But they could sell the same item if I would pay in store and go to deal with the online order to get my refund later. But I used a gift card combined with my credit card to order this item. I do not want to keep this gift card any more. So Bestbuy asked me to go home deal with Bestbuy online. When I called Bestbuy, they put me on hold for 45 minutes and after 3 representatives, I still did not get an answer how to refund my gift card. Bestbuy did not care value customer time at all. This is the worst experience I have had as a customer in the United States.

"This Guy", you are completly wrong. How would you know how best buy ordering systems work?

For online purchases, only the customer or an online rep. can cancel the order. In-store associates do not have that power. They can;t even call an online rep.

and cancel it. The rep. will ask to speak with the customer, as they have to have authorization from the purchaser.

If the customer did not cancel it, the only other way it would happen, is if the billing information could not be verified. Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

All retailers have the same rules when it comes to gift cards. They have to, because cashing out gift cards is considered money laundrying.

Every gift card or digital cash card (iTunes, Xbox/PS3/Wii points, Farmville points, etc.) says the exact same thing, generally first line. Not redeemable for cash.

Doesn't matter who it comes from.

How ever your paid with your order is how it is refunded. It's not up to the retailer to change your form of payment during a return.

This G

If the item is ordered online for an in-store pick up, then the store is the one that canceled it. Chances are, some brainless part-timer who doesn't care didn't feel like looking for your order.

You should raise a stink in the store with the manager, but don't go in there swearing left and right. They're trained to be d-bags to anyone who starts swearing, which in a way is the right thing to do because if you go around *** in everyone's cheerios you can't really expect them to be your bff.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy Retrun Policy- Nasty Trick

12/14/2010: I bought a $900 lap top at Best Buy yesterday. When I took it out of the box I saw that the bottom panel was warped. I went to go bring it back today. It was determined to be a factory defect. Best Buy kept $100 of my money since there was a "service" performed when the geek squad pre-loaded virus protection on it. When a computer is purchased at Best Buy there is an option to buy it already set-up. This is considered a "non-refundable service" by Best Buy. The right thing to do would be to fully refund my money on a factory defected lap top that was returned within 48 hours. I lost that service when I had to return a factory defected lap top so I deserve a full fund. This is a nasty trick done to the consumer. Also it was a HP 6-3155dx/core 13. Letters will go out.

2 things:

-Did you just return it or did you exchange it?

-Also, if it was already set-up by an agent in their store, then they should have seen the defect in the first place and never should have sold it to you. I would demand a refund for them knowingly selling you faulty goods and refusing to refund your money.

Lied to me | Best Buy review from Livingston, New Jersey

I bought a iphone.At Best Buy. I was sold insurance for it. I accidentally drop it. I was told I would get a new iphone when I bought the insurance. But when you read the stuff I get a used one an have to wait on it. Now the used one has black spots on the screen and the battery doesn't last 3 or 4 hours ( depends on how much you use it ) So I went to the store to do something about it. I was ask to leave before I even opened my mouth. I was told I make them nervous, because I'm a Biker. Well The Chopper I ride is a $ 38,000.oo dollars Chopper. I'm real sure it isn't against the Law to be a Biker. I'm always clean. I never wear anything that has the Name of the Bike group I belong to. I won't even wear anything that say's Harley Davidson on it. The store manager told me when the first phone was broke. They don't want my kind in their store. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW MY KIND . THEY DON'T KNOW ME. I'M A RETIRED UNITED STATES MARINE. I need an apology, the iphone fixed, and if I was to decide to ever shop, in that store again, not to be followed, an treated like a criminal.

This is common sense. Why would they replace your phone with a new one if you dropped it?

Couldn't you just purposely drop the phone every couple of months and get a new one? Durrr

And yes I read a lot of complaints and I know your kind.

You're the retired veteran of 10 wars with PSTD, epiliptic, cancer patient, single mother with 6 kids and a retail store stole your money. It's a real tearjerker.

@Simon

Simon and you are a useless uneducated ***.

That's sad that happened. They shouldn't have asked you to leave if you wasn't doing anything wrong just because you look different.

Phone repairs there do take forever, so does the ones at other cell stores.

I had my phone go through a repair at Best Buy and my husbands at a T-Mobile store.

About the same amount of time. I didn't have to pay a rental fee at best buy for a loaner phone.

This G

If you want to raise a stink about it, I'd say go to your local news. I'm sure they'd love to hear a story about a major retailer in their local area that is so prejudiced and is profiling their customers.

Another note: the insurance for the phone does state that you would have to wait for a phone.

It's all promises up front but nothing but disappointment on the follow through.

Also, if you wanted your phone fixed instead of replaced, you'd have to shell out $150 for a "rental phone" for the 4-6 weeks your phone is out "getting fixed". I knew about these parameters before I paid for the insurance and got it anyway because I'm a clumsy person and don't want to be completely SOL if I drop my phone.

View more comments (3)

Fry's Please come to Fresno Best Buy sucks

Called for service on Washer & Dryer, the tech came before the 4 hour time window they gave me. I called they kept telling me someone would come. Then to find out 5 hours later the tech canceled my apt. Since I was not there when he arrived. No one could tell me this when I called every hour. I took the day off waiting for the repair man. He even dated the sorry I missed you card as of July and it is December. I cannot get anyone to call me back or come for service. I was told a supervisor would call the following day. No call to date.

You don't want fry's either. They rip you off too with their non-service policy. Never buy from there over 4 years ago and now BB is on that list.

Best buy / false advertisement about online orders

Best buy / false advertisement about online orders
I placed an online order with best buy after about forty minutes i decided to cancel the order i had placed fro a karaoke machine it looked like a boom box and was too small that's how it appeared online. i was told that i could go online an cancel my order, i had to create a login and password on the best buy website so i went to the website and logged in the system and tried to cancel but the system says no orders under this account,therefore i sent an e-mail to customer service, after that i got on the phone to try and speak with someone before the hour was up but had no such luck i was holding on the phone for 26 minutes by that time the hour had passed. one heather answered the phone i told here i need to cancel the order she looked it up and told me that it was too late to cancel the order because i waited more than the hour time frame i told her if they had answered the phone it would have been within the hour, she said she would have to send an e-mail to another departed to cancel the order i said ok this happened on 12/10/2010. on 12/11/2010 christian called me to tell me that they can't cancel the order and that it was processed and ask her where do she see that at because i'm looking at my account online and i don't see any order i was put on hold again, she came back and said i waited longer than the hour i asked her what time is she showing i ordered the item she said she didn't know so i asked her how can you tell me it was pass the hour if you don't know the time i was put on hold again she finally came back and said i placed the order at 12:07 and i called in at 1:08 i told her if you take away the 26 minutes i called in time but she kept saying she was sorry but that didn't help me i needed my money back. she told me that the order would be shipped between December 17-23 so they have my money but want ship my order off from 7-13 days after they charged my debit card but they say the order has been processed not understanding.christian told me i had two choices one to accept the order when it's delivered and send it back or accept the order and take it into the best buy and get my money, i told christian that is not fair to the customers because we have to wait on the phone for a long time she unfortunately because of the holiday the wait time is longer or you admit that the wait time is long but i finally got to talk to someone a minute after the time allowed and there is nothing to be done, she just kept saying I'm sorry.don't fool with them.

i went to best buy on 12/21/2010 to return the item i purchased on 12/10/2010, the online customer service told me to take the item into the store and they would give me my cash back well they didn't. i used my debit card so the money came out of my account as soon as i clicked submit order,now with debit or check after ten days you should get cash back but not at best buy my money want be put back on my card for 3-5 days. i will never again shop in there not even free.

This G

Well you're adorable when you get all internet-angry and sad face. I don't work for Best Buy.

I hate Best Buy. I would LOVE to see anyone put them out of business, seriously. If Walmart weren't such a terrible company, I'd want them to put BBY out of business.

I did have an answer: Be a more responsible shopper next time.

I.E. call your card provider and let them know of a false transaction so you don't get charged

deborah b

to the guy that think he has all the smarts,for sure you work for best buy an is a kisser for the company. i wrote it the way it was told, and if you didn't have an answer it best not to say anything at all, i have a right to return anything that my hard earned money bought if i don't want it.

and by the way best buy employee take your head out your uppity ???????? have a good day or whatever you want to have.

This G

From the way you write, you sound like a 12 year old, which would make the scenario realistic because only a 12 year old would screw this up and blame someone else for it. If you didn't want it, you shouldn't have ordered it.

You waited too long to cancel it and you got stuck with it. Be a more responsible shopper next time.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best buy not honoring sale price reduction..

purchased 3 computers for christmas gifts 2 wks ago fr best buy. item went on sale for $50 less. now mind you, i was told by 2 different employees if the item went on sale, i can bring receipt back. so i did today, they would not do it for computers. its a corporate policy. even though they are still in boxes & for gifts. they said it does not apply to computers or phones cuz it mite be outdated or not have any in stock. you only have 14 days after purchase for these items to get $ back. bad policy

Bait and switch tatics at Worst Buy. I attempted to buy a backup hardrive for my computer.

Sale tag said $99.99 was charged $169.99 at register, acutal price off sale was supposed to be $159.99. I had to go to customer service to return when I told rep the price tag said $99 she said she did not work the floor and it was not her problem. I said give me a refund then, she suddely found our I could have item for on-line price of $129.99 I said no not interested just give me the refund since I appear to be doing your job as the sale tags should be removed (new policy from manager is they won't honor tag even if they are supposed to be removed) asked to speak with manager the nutless wonder could not be found.

It took me 35 minutes to get a refund and only 5 minutes to buy the *** item. I had a better item overnighted for less money from Tigerdirect so skip Worst buy

This G

First line of their price match policy reads "If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price." Computers have a 14 day return policy. They did this by the books.

If you bought the computers after thanksgiving, their holiday returns policy is in effect so you can return the computers at the price you paid, even after 14 days, and re-buy them at the same store another day or a different store. Beat them at their own game

View more comments (2)
Review
I quit my job at best buy about three months ago. I worked there for almost exactly a year, and it is by FAR the worst job I have ever had. I am continually amazed at how much better my current job is. I picked up the job right after I graduated college until I...

I am an employee and this story is true for me 2,

View more comments

Best Buy poor customer service

Beware of possible unnecessary up-charges from Best Buy!! It is my impression that Best Buy puts add-ons on their products to pad the bottom line. Last week I found what I thought was a good deal on a computer in Best Buy's Mobile, AL store. Upon going to the check out counter, I noticed there were additional charges of $119.98, which was a 28% premium over the price of the laptop purchased. They stated that there was a $99.99 charge for the Geek Squad (GS)to set up the computer, $19.99 for a CD for 6-month subscription to the GS Ask an Agent and $0.99 for an anti-virus software CD. I told them that I wanted a computer with these 3 items, which they did. After checking out, I looked in the bag and noticed that the 2 CDs were in the bag and that I was charged for each. I had to go to Customer (No) Service and wait for 20 minutes to be taken care of. They credited my card for both charges, but forgot to credit the sales tax of 10%. When I got home, I e-mailed Best Buy about the experience. I have not received a reply or any type of communication from Best Buy. These experiences are never forgotten!! I will never purchase anything else from Best Buy for the rest of my life. They don't realize the value of customer service and that consumers do have choices.

the 19.00 ask an agent is free because the 19 dollars is subtracted from the price of the computer..this is the same for the antivirus ($.99) i dont know how many times i have to explain this people..yeah it does look like your getting charged..but look up at the freaking computer price and see that it has a * next to it and has been packaged and discounted 19.00 cheaper.

Best Buy Colma, Store Manager Mr. Richard

I went to Best Buy in Colma on the 1st of December and bought a Sony laptop. I spend 825.00 on that and when I took it home, the packing was missing the laptop battery. I thought that was a bit unusual and took it back to the store. This is what happened??? I went back to the same store and requested to talk to a manager. I explained him what happened and he tells me that he can not do anything about that. I was shocked, spended $825.00 buying this laptop and I can not even use it. The manager's name was Richard and I don't think he belongs there. I am a rewards member with Best buy and shop with them for years. If I had to buy something, the only place I went to was best buying but not anymore! After what I went through. The frustrating part was the way the manager talked to me. I request him if I could talk to someone higher then him. Mr. Richard tells me that he is the only one but that is not right, there should be someone higher then him. I felt that I was not treated right and this smart Manager tells me to call 911 if I needed help. A store manager tells me that. Few words about this 911 number is for emergence only and if a store manager does not know that then he is a danger to his co workers as well as his customers. I don't know how best buy picks this managers but I think that they need to work on that. I will never go back to best buy and I am sure that I will tell everyone what service I got at the Best Buy store in Colma, CA

So at what level would you be satisfied with the word NO? His boss?

His bosses boss? The CEO?

The President of the United States?

It sucks that this happened to you, but when a manager tells you no, you need to move on. His boss probably doesn't deal with customers and even if he did, he isn't going to side with you over his manager.

2 things:

-Sounds like that manager was a *** so that's the normal kind of manager at best buy

-Was the laptop factory sealed or was it opened and re-sealed when you bought it? Factory sealed laptop would mean you would have to talk to Sony about it.

View more comments (1)