Filter by rating :
filters

On sale out of stock how convenient!!! | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

I was looking at Best Buy's sale flyer that started Christmas eve & it listed a Sirius Stilleto 2 satellite radio for $149.00 in Canada. The site was closed till 6pm & the sale started at 8pm so I checked between 6 & 8pm every few minutes & finally it came up & go figure it showed out of stock as soon as the sale started, they said it was due to very high activity what a pile of ***!!! I wish somebody could investigate this to prove that they never even sold one Stilleto 2 radio from the sale started & then they could be charged with false advertisement!!! Best Buy sucks Big Time!!! You'd think with the amount of money they make in a year they wouldn't need to rip customers off this way!!!

Hmmm my bad choice or words your right Simon I didn't get ripped off, but they never had any online or in the store for the duration of the sale, I asked a sales person & he said they had sold maybe 3 which I even doubt hightly.

As for "This Guy" can you actually read??? I wasn't waiting till the last minute I starting shopping as soon as the product went on sale if your just board or bitter cause the wife didn't put out last night keep your opinions to yourself unless you have something constructive to say.

Last but now least "Inspector Gadget" I'm waiting for my check then I wont have to wait for it to go on sale;)

This G

Maybe if you didn't wait until the last minute to do your shopping, you would have your radio. But naturally, as almost all consumers do nowadays, you decide to blame everyone else for your laziness.

I have done some investigating. I have interviewed every person at Best Buy and your conspiracy theory is correct.

They didn't sell a single one. I have made multiple arrests and charged them with false advertising.

I'm seeking life sentences for every corporate fat cat at Best Buy as well as a fine of a cajillion dollars. Thank you honest citizen for reporting this mob.

Rip customers off? They didn't sell you anything.

You aren't out a dime. I'm not sure how that is a rip off.

The better the deal is, the faster the item will sell. If you would have got one, someone else wouldn't have.

Loss

They will promise you the moon an sell you a turkey | Best Buy review from New Albany, Indiana

Sale man says we have a truck comeing in with 30 laptops the model we wanted so we wait for the truck to show up wasted another day with these scammers wanted to sell me a more expensive computer than what was advertised......sale man says....sorry these is all we have..............dont make a promised an the break it or lie.....went to offfice depot an was treated with respect Stay away from the best buy salesman promise's.............soon they will go out with comp usa to the un employnent line......I HOPE! See it advertised you can bet they only have 2 in stock....waste of time shop else where
This G

You're right, Best Buy makes everything that is in their ads to sell in the store. There's no possible way that Sony could be blamed for a shortage of Sony products or that HP is somehow responsible for the lack of HP units available.

If you don't like Best Buy, don't shop there. I don't know why you fell the need to come online and cry about it.

Just stop going.

No need to act like a scorned wife who just found her husband cheating. Stop shopping there and get on with your life.

View more comments (1)
Loss

NO LAPTOP AFTER 1 MONTH -- HORRIBLE SALES PRACTICES AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT !! | Best Buy review from Newark, Delaware

Ordered HP-Pavilion Laptop/Intel® Core i3/15.6" Display/4GB Memory/500GB HD (SKU: 1379051) on 25th Nov. 2010. While ordering over phone, I was told order will ship in 5-7 business days. One month later when I called on 24th December 2010, customer service rep (Lorenzo, Merchant No.: 88994) told me this product has been discontinued and can no longer provide us with the laptop. I requested an equivalent laptop of same hardware specification and he refused. He agreed that BestBuy never even planned to inform me of this situation and take any effort to correct it. He agreed it is BestBuy's fault but also said BestBuy does not care about fixing this issue. Next, I requested for a supervisor. I was told supervisor will call within 2 hours. But customer rep can't really guarantee if supervisor will really ever call me back. I believe this is not only mis-representation during sale of a product, but it's also dishonest and sneaky. Basically, BestBuy screwed the consumer and does not even care about rectifying it's fault when pointed out blatantly. My Suggestion: DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BESTBUY!!

The same thing happen to me. I emailed them and called.

No response, no phone call from Supervisor. POOR customer service.

They sold me an open box as new | Best Buy review from Los Angeles, California

I purchased a 46'Samsung UNC7000 brand new and in the box. Got it home. No stand. Got it out of the box it had scratches on the bezal & screen. Took it back. The TV manager said it was an issue with Samsung. Do I have idoit written on my face. He offer a &25 gift card and comparable TV. Didn't even offer to search another store or have one delivered. Long time Best Buy consumer. No more! They have have no integrity or customer service. Nothing but allot of lip service. It appears they think they are the only store around. I'll be shopping else where!

Also, to the OP, go to consumeraffairs.com and check out what people have to say about Samsung TV's. It's their most popular complaint. Best Buy did you a favor.

@techiero

I didn't realize Best Buy entered into a contract when they sell a TV. What are the details of this contract? I suppose lifetime warranty and promise that they will always have more in stock just in case the need to replace it. You're a genius.

You don't know squat.

@Simon

Since Best Buy didn't offer Anonymous another 46" Samsung UNC7000 (with the stand, minus the scratches), which is what he/she bought and paid for, I wouldn't say he/she is being unreasonable. It's a little thing called "Breach of contract".

You were offered a $25 gift card and a comparable TV and you are still whining? You are being unreasonable.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Best Buy My ***

I purchased a fridge at Bestbuy and it was schedule for delivery on 12/18. At the time of purchase, they asked for my delivery address. I told them that the address on my reward zone is wrong and provided them with the correct delivery address. Two or three weeks before the delivery, I went to the store again to make sure everything is in order. The night before the delivery date, I received a call for a delivery service company and told me that they were going delivery the fridge to the wrong address from my reward zone. I told them it is the wrong address and asked them to contact best buy to get the correct address. Right away, I went to the best buy store at Katy to inform them the situation. The agent I spoke with is named "Jasse", young white male. He told me everything is in order. I asked him to contact the delivery company to make sure they have the correct address. Again, he said everything is in order and you will have your fridge tomorrow. I called the delivery company on the delivery date. They still have the wrong address and they said Best Buy didn't get back to them and only Best buy can change the address. I called the best buy store. After waiting for half an hour, a lady named "Lily" answered my call and she was trying to help me sort things out. A while later, she said she is getting off work and "Justin" would take over my issue and get back to me. I never heard anything from this "Justin" guy and I didn't receive my fridge either. As things stand now, I don't have my fridge which I paid for and I haven't heard sh$# from best buy. If best buy has a remotedly decent customer service and it is actually monitoring this, somebody needs to get on this right away and somebody needs to get fired. I need to be compensated for the mess they created and the agony they caused. The best buy store I made purchase at is #354 located in Katy.

As I've said before, dealing with Best Buy is

SCAREY! :eek

Sorry this has happened. We have immediatley fired Jasse and Lily.

As for your compensation how does $100,000 sound? Anything else we can do, just let us know.

:grin

Sorry this has happened. We have immediatley fired Jasse and Lily.

I've had items delivered from Best Buy, though I usually try not too.

Every time I have they have given me paperwork showing the delivery, with address, times and what is being delivered. Did you not receive this paperwork?

And why did you have to note that jasse is a 'white' male? That seems odd to me!

Roy

Best Buy's customer service is notoriously

bad.

View more comments (4)
Review

They took my money knowing full well that the TV would never arrive | Best Buy review from Rochester, New York

Ordered (and paid for in full) LG 55 TV on 11/26/2010 with a "fulfillment" date of 12/17/2010. Just for the heck of it I called 12/16/2010 to see when I could pick up TV. After reserving truck and help I was told TV is back ordered with no expected date of arrival. It took me calling them to find out TV was back ordered. Of course my question to them was why didn't anyone call me prior to 12/16/2010, to let me know that I was not getting TV. This company is running a scam!! They get your money (had to pay for TV in full at time of order) and hope that you get a more expensive TV when you find out the TV that was promised is not available and they have the use of your money for FREE for a month or two. This is my last time shopping at bb. I will also share this complaint with the NYS attorney Generals office and as many potential bb customers that I can. STAY AWAY FROM BB!! I will be shopping at Charlotte Appl. from now on. Almost forgot: Kathleen in corporate customer service USELESS! I hope Mr. Dunn gets a copy of this because some serious changes need to be made at bb.

you suck

:cry

Alright, you caught us. This is all a big scam.

Bait and switch in fact. We offer items we have no intention of selling to get you to buy a more expensive TV.

Sorry about that. We are going to revamp our entire business model immediatley because of your complaint.

I had a very similar experience with BB. Paid for TV on 12/13/2010, received an email saying that delivery was confirmed for 12/20.

No TV on 12/20 or communications from BB subsequently -> Very disappointed grandchildren.

Two calls to Customer Service involving much time were completely fruitless but told that I couldn't cancel the order. Am trying to recover my money.

Two calls to Customer Service involving much time were completely fruitless. Am trying to recover my money.

Review
#212016 Review #212016 is a subjective opinion of poster.

NO iPhone Service | Best Buy review from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

We have a problem with an iphone for which we have the black tie protection. We visited our local Best Buy to resolve the issue. They explained they could not help, and that we needed to contact the Best Buy service center. We did. After speaking with several people, supposedly moving up the chain of command, no one will return a phone call. We were told by this "supervisor" that she would contact the store and call us back within 4 hours...no call back. We called back the next day and spoke with more people who said this supervisor was not there, but that they would leave a message for her to call back by 11:00am that day...no call back. Called BACK that afternoon and spoke with yet more service people. Finally we were told they could not "guarantee" that this supervisor would actually return the call. What?! So this person said she would contact the store via email and ask them to contact us...3 days later, no call back. As if that's not bad enough, we were contacted via automated survey for Best Buy asking about the service of our "resolved" issue! What resolved issue???? So now we have an iphone that doesnt work that is covered under Best Buy's insurance, but we can't get anywhere because no one will do anything at all.
Review
#211998 Review #211998 is a subjective opinion of poster.

BestBuy.com | Best Buy review from Salisbury, Maryland

I am sending this everywhere until someone helps me. I am also posting on all social media sites until I can get this handled. My story: I purchased a TV on BB.com on Black Friday with a scheduled delivery for today, 12/16. I received order & delivery confirmation via email immediately after. I checked my order online this AM & it said status "not available." I called BB.com & talked to Ryan M who told me the delivery would have to be rescheduled. When I asked to speak to a supervisor he said she refused to talk to me (Courtney L). Ryan put me through to consumer relations (Amber) who talked to order support (Ashia) who told me my TV would, in fact, be delivered today before 7 PM. 7 PM came & went so I called BB.com & talked to Shonda who told me that Amber & Ashia were incorrect & my TV was never going to be delivered. Shonda gave me the contact info for the delivery center bc she said that I had to reschedule delivery with them. I called the delivery center & Tabitha told me that she can't even access the order bc it's locked by BB.com. I CAN'T EVEN CANCEL THIS ORDER. I need someone to provide even MEDIOCRE customer service and help me. I've been given misinformation MULTIPLE times, my time has been wasted, my nerves frayed, and I STILL have no resolution. I will keep reposting this until I get some decent customer service.

Please stop. You posting on wesites and social networks is driving us into bankruptcy. Please have mercy.

This is very similar to my experience - paid on 12/13 - received an email "confirming" delivery on 12/20 - no TV on 12/20 or subsequent communication from them. They have my money and I don't have the TV.

My calls to Customer Service were quite fruitless.

I've seen other similar complaints. Surely there is a law against this sort of thing!

View more comments (1)
Review
#211922 Review #211922 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Fired Non Selling Blacktie Employee | Best Buy review from Phoenix, Arizona

Myself being and employee for 10years was giving a final warning for not selling enough Blacktie Protection/and Reward Zones,Icouldn't believe it there they where my Ops Mang,and my Gm Mang,sitting me down and telling me how and what was my problem telling me there are people in my department selling 15 per day,Me being a Black female having these two white men very pissed off,at me because of my none selling there BT on products I told them I offer the BT,only to have them tell me I am selling it wrong telling me that my best wasn't good enough,I explained only to have them ask me to explain how I offer the BT only to have them both tell me Im selling it wrong Ive been selling it for 10 years,I ask them how far to go to sell it,they both looked at each other and looked at me indistress,Im losing my JOB of Ten YEARS because I willnot LIE and PUSH THE BLACKTIE PROTECTION,SHAME on a company I LOVED,SHAME S,V Arizona

F uck these crackers that dont understand s hit outside their silly little world. Thats why my d ick is bigger b itch.

I work there, I sell a lot. I do not lie.

Why?

Because it's actually worth it. Why else would other companies start providing the same type of service (apple care, hp accidental coverage)?

@ J.D.- I absolutely agree with you on this! whites are no longer the majority and in all honesty, these days most whites are color blind when it comes to those that don't try to play the race card. I happen to believe that the only prejudice that really exist these days, the ones without being handed opportunities and such are the white middle class!!!

I have to agree to a degree with gary5737! what does your gender or race have to do with anything????

I hate when anyone does that! most companies want their employees to up sell or cross sell. That's sales! that being said....

have you given any real thought to self evaluation? perhaps they were being truthful when saying that you weren't selling it right! did you think to ask them how what they believe should be said to increase your sales? the very fact that you said they told you that you're selling it wrong insinuates that they questioned what you were saying to customers to try an sell them on the item.

Why would you not consider that perhaps there is a way to do it that would increase your number of sales? Being in sales myself, If someone has better numbers than mine, I like to ask them what it is they are doing or saying and perhaps their approach! maybe you should consider trying what someone is doing that's working well rather than choose to believe the problem has to be something else!

most certainly race and gender!!!! :roll

Work on delivering a GOOD and Professional customer service. Others should be fired as well.

All this aside why are so many folks here being silly and racist.

Dumb N¡gger. Using the race card.

You're pathetic. Go to school and do something with you life, crack baby.

By not selling them, your actually providing outstanding customer service - now BBY has one less honest person who will not lie, cheat and deceive her customers. You're better off adnd will have a wonderful career going forward.

its probably cause ur black and a b itch grow up and be responible *** negro

I think if you DO YOUR JOB!!!! You have no reason to be let go.....

People using the race card/or man/woman card are just pathetic!!!

Do your JOB DO IT WELL,and there would be no problems period!! :p

I think if you DO YOUR JOB!!!! You have no reason to be let go.....

People using the race card/or man/woman card are just pathetic!!!

Do your JOB DO IT WELL,and there would be no problems period!! :p

So i love how people on her complain and complain about race and gender, well guess what considering white is now the minority i want to complain *** and stop complaining that your black if you dont like it pull a Michael Jackson, you blacks have it better than most white people anymore so stop your complaining and do your job. oh and yeah i used to work at bby and loved every minute.

BBY makes a lot from the black tie plan.. and ya your to bring it a few times as you sell their other ***..I do work for BBY I'm not one to force things on guest.. but I do let them the the plan covers every thin in the box

smedrik

This has nothing to do with your gender or color and everything to do with being an under-performing employee.

No matter where you work on the floor of best buy your job and objective are sales. If you are not making sales you are not an asset to the company.

It is pretty cut and dry. You were not making the required sales, the company ceased your employment so they can being on somebody who will make quota.

Again the race card,and gender, probablly muslum, and here illegially.....just saying

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :roll :roll :roll

Even members of the Geek Squad at Best Buy aren't immune to the sales requirements they impose. I'm required to have at least 1 black tie protection plan attached with every 10 or so computers that reach my counter and I don't find it to be a chore; it's part of my job.

The BTP in and of itself is not a worthless investment.Best Buy will service the product well out of the manufacturers warranty if the issue is covered under the BTP. Given that fact that its part of my job to at least offer that extended service plan and that it can save a few bucks in the long term I feel that customers should at least know that it exists.

I don't push it too hard with every purchase because customers don't like sales pitches crammed down their throats but I do let them know about it in a respectful way. I don't deceive my customers in that I don't sell them information about the protection plan that isn't true and as such I strongly encourage any customers that purchase the plan to read their included protection plan handbook as well as the online resources available.

It may be a sales position however when hired you are not required to hit X quota of sales of BTP per day/month/year; you are hired to simply promote it. If she is actually fired unemployment will be easy as wrongful termination. [I am going on 3 years hating it more every second]; our store is trying to do the same thing with credit applications, however in a similar fashion by saying if you can't get any each month you are worthless & will be terminated.

Never goin' back to Worst Buy.

Best Buy idiots do not have a clue. Buy from a local store - pay a little more someone that knows what they are doing!!!

You were not fired because of your color nor were you fired because of your gender. I worked for Best Buy before and i know that selling is your job.

That's it. You sell what and how they tell you. If you are not performing then you are let go. If you do your job and sell you have nothing to worry about.

Best Buy does not care what color you are. They let you go no matter what race you are if you are not performing. The business is to make money. As someone said before, take responsibility for yourself.

Don't try to blame someone else for your short comings. It's not hard to sell Black Tie plans, they sell themselves if your tell them about it.

If you don't, then they don't buy. Hence you getting let go.

After reading through these comments, I do have some concerns: #1 This woman was being reprimanded by 2 men - regardless of color, I'd be intimidated! #2 As long as she has been demonstrated the proceedure to offer the plan, and has been given specific feedback as to how she is not complying with the proceedure, they have a valid point.

All a sales rep can do is offer - if people don't buy it, how can the rep be terminated for that? #3 Sh'd been there for ten years, and NOW was somehow not doing what they wanted with these programs? To be honest, I don't think I've EVER been offered the black-tie program when shopping at Best Buy...

I think these people were indeed looking for a reason to get rid of her. Sadly, all she's seeing/been told was that it's about these 2 programs.

Shows whats wrong with this country. She does not do her job and then come on here and cries discrimination.

Bulls*** to all who disagree. I was fired from a company because I wasn't a thief, and sometimes a few minutes late, whereas others were late sometimes an hour or more, yet I did my job too well, for 21 months and never missed a day of work. Later found out, that was because of jealousy, and that I had 2 different professional trades and college background (grad). I am the easiest employee to have working for you, pleasant and cooperative team player, so I understand the young lady's pain somewhat, which fits in the wrongful termination category. Rip-off sales or not, which is a deceitful fraud crime in itself against consumers! IOW - Deceiving the public. Go ahead... call the FTC & hear how they feel about misleading, fraud and deceit. Do it - and hear what they have to say! It's all the same. Would they have fired their wives or husbands or family? Maybe a lazy brother, but not their mother of course! Why not and what's the difference? Oh is it because any and all money (little or lot) is going into the same house because THEIR children have to eat? What about ther sister? No matter what color she is - they could have put her in another dept (10 years, come on). That type of *** is still unlawful to rip people off or deceive them. Get a grip. So I do know about racism, discrimination and unfair, unlawful wrongful termination.

I believe It was racism and discrimination because of an employee not trying to or won't burn consumers. All you racists sound alike. *** all the prejudice employers, no matter what color they may be, and anyone who thinks otherwise. Majority are all crooks. Now back to Best Buy... Forgot and left an infected CD of 10 Trojan Horses in my computers' CD drive, which started up (would run)every time I would re-boot my system. Reason? They forgot to take it out before I left store. I found it later, but of course their name wasn't on the CD for my proof, but the CD wasn't in my PC when I took it there. So to me, job or no job... they suck, some fierce. Don't take your PCs there for repair or you may have more problems!!!

:sigh :sigh

J54

If you are not doing the job you are being paid to do, then the employer can terminate you. Pretty simple and nothing racial about it.

Sales is not for everyone

@oddtodd

Yeah, she is supposed to sell *** to people. Thats what a person in SALES is supposed to do.

If you don't like it, don't work in sales.

You don't think carsalesman don't get heat for not selling useless *** to people? IT'S A SALESPERSON'S JOB.

It's amazing that most of the people that commented on her story criticized her for saying she was discriminated against, instead of her real complaint, which was being forced to sell a product that is of little worth for ALOT of money. If your "job" is to sell worthless *** to people, and jamming it down the throats of people, then maybe you all should go work for Best Buy.

You also know that she was at least warned and probably wrote up twice about this before being fired. Just like my job i have goal on ins that i must meet or I can get fired.

I am a white male, does that mean i was discriminated too? Grow up and take responsibility!!

So you were fired for not doing your job? So what's the problem?

I'm a double minority (female of color), and discrimination happens only if you want it to. A fall back that many use. People who can't stand on their own two feet. It's *** for the weak.

If you are an employee at a retail business you are required to sell their product. For Best Buy that means their services, protection plans, financing and rewards programs. If you're at Sam's club you're required to sell their Plus memberships, knowing that it doesn't really get you anything more then their regular memberships, other then costing you $60 more. And so on down the retailer lines.

If you're going to work their, you do what they want, not what you want.

Being BLACK has NOTHING to do with this!!! This is an employee admitting online that they do not do their job!

How did you last 10 years if skin color was the reason for your termination. Why is it so hard to believe that you were fired for not performing to their expectations, as they warned you would happen if your sales didn't increase. Quit blaming your skin color.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Noone should feel comfortable about being fired, especially after 10 yrs of service, so your reaction is realistic.

Discrimination still happens, even if others can't accept or really aren't aware of its effect. In addition to escalating an appeal to Best Buy's corporate division, you might want to contact your state's Dept.

of Labor to gain more information on lodging a formal complaint; the DOL will help determine and initiate legal action. Good luck.

Wow, the race card is being thrown for what sounds like an employee not doing their job.

How can you fail at Reward Zone? It's free.

Black female; *** male; handicapped individual; psycho veteran - what the *** is wrong with taking responsibility for yourself?! My prejudice is with ALL people that have to use ANYTHING as an excuse for their failures instead of owning up to them.

I've lost jobs for not selling enough, but instead of whining about it I actually found another job.

Good Lord! As if it matters what color you and your supervisors are - there's definitely more to this story than you're telling here.

View more comments (35)

Best Buy Canada

I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada, Best Buy is the worst store out there for costumer service ,i will start from the beginning , i bought a PlayStation 3 and a Dslr camera over $1500, and the lady was assisting me and forcing me to get a warranty she told me that if you take this warranty if you ps3 breaks down within two(2) years i can take it to best-buy and replace it in the store, but now its been more than 30 days and i went to best-buy i actually tried 3 bestbuys they all gave me head aches and got me so mad, when i went to exchange my ps3 because it broke down they told me no we cannot exchange it because it hasn't been one year yet you have to send it to Sony. I explained that the sales lady who sold me this stuff assisted me in getting the warranty and telling me that i can exchange it anytime but, the *** costumer service and the dumb *** manager didn't even care now my PlayStation ps3 broke down , and i have to send it to Sony. From this day i am never going to Best buy store again worst costumer service in the world also never get the warranty from them it's nothing stick with products warranty , if they hassle you in getting warranty grab what you just bought and smash it in their brainless heads.
This G

I'm sure the sales person did a bad job explaining things, but you sound ridiculous with the way you are trying to explain things. You should always read the fine print when you are purchasing a warranty.

Of course Best Buy is the worst for "costumer service", they don't sell clothes.

And using only 3 periods for your entire rant makes you sound like a dumb canuck. It's no wonder you got so easily fooled