Best Buy web site lies

Best Buy web site lets you check if a store has the item you are interested in. Web site says yes. Drove 26 miles to store. They don't have it. They say they can't change the web site. OK I'll just post to one of the thousands of complaints about this piece of *** store. And now I am pissed at pissedconsumer because they want more words. I said it perfectly fine in the number of words I used that is less than 100. And the pc link to a Consumer Forum goes nowhere. Even your favorite site can suck some times

Rule of thumb with BBY call a head.. although with the new way they handle in coming calls you could have a wait..

I work for BBY.. I've also had some guest come in say you have two in stock lets the DVD Old Yeller.. BBY can make worker look like fools as well..

here i am running through the movies looking high and low in disney go the where house only to find that the movie went out of print and sent back to Disney so ya.. call head..

Todd F

If the product was listed as 'In Stock', you should have ordered it online for in-store pickup. They would have e-mailed you once the item was pulled from stock and waiting for your arrival, or sent you a message that it was not actually available and saved you the trip.

The store availability feature isn't 100% accurate. I think they are very clear about this on the website.

Besides, if you have to drive so far how do you know they didn't sell the last ones they had while you were driving over there?

Next time call the specific store first, tard.

Alan u

I have to agree with Rehoboth! WHY are we expected to write an essay of 100 words or more when you can say what is needed in a lot less than that?

Brevity can often give Clarity! We needn't just waffle or prattle on about whatever the subject is!

PLEASE

Best Buy Markville - Yelled at by manager

I walked into the store with all the old cell phones I had found around my house wanting to trade them in for the flipswap deal that was going on for the $20 gift card for each old cell phone traded in. Instead of being helped by the people working in mobile, the manager rudely asks what I'm here for and before I finish explaining, he tells me there's no such thing and that my cell phones are so old that I'm just wasting time there. Clearly there was such thing as I have a friend working at another location in mobile who told me about this offer and it was online as well. So I waited for another mobile worker there to help me, he was more than willing to help, he logged on and looked up the phones and was ready to run everything through. The manager was peering over his shoulders the whole entire time, ready to prove me wrong. He then clicked an additional link saying that I had to trade in an Android or an iPhone to get the gift card. Who in their right mind will trade in an Android or iPhone to get $20 from Best Buy?! I can sell it on eBay and get more than 10x that amount. While he was all up in my face, raising his voice at me and saying "See, I told you. Now you're just wasting your time," he was helping this other poor customer who had been waiting there for probably an hour to get his phone plan fixed. And he also rudely raised his voice at this customer too. Then I told the manager about how the other stores were giving the offer and he tells me, "Why don't you go there then? I'm not going to give it to you." Umm, IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? He's just a mere manager, not the owner of the store. I was furious, and didn't want to bother with this terrible person anymore and gathered all my stuff and left. This was my first time at Best Buy mobile, and will absolutely, without a doubt, be my last. This was the first time I've been yelled at by this kind of customer service. Totally unprofessional and rude. Best Buy needs to work on checking up on who they hire, because I am definitely not going back. Customer service... yeah, right. You know what was a waste of my time? Having to interact with this kind of person.

Worst customer service among BB in town!!!

The customer was a total ***

How do you know was you there? Some people are just born ***!

I have the feeling this didn't happen exactly the way you're telling it. It sounds a little too one-sided.

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Hates Its Customers

At least thats the only conclusion I can draw from this month long nightmare. My husband and I bought a new washer and drier from the Best Buy online store. A delivery was scheduled for Dec 13th, 2010. The delivery guys were incompetent and could not find a way to get the washer and drier into my house so they rescheduled for the next weeks. When they arrived a week later on Dec 20th, both were successfully delivered BUT the washer was damaged and non-functional (the front panel was smashed in and the unit would not even turn on and thus began our horrendous experience with Best Buy which my husband has been keeping a diary of as follows: 1st delivery - Dec 13 - incorrect measurement, refused to deliver 2nd delivery - Dec 20 - correct measurement, delivered, damaged 1st Svc req - Dec 20 - was promised callback in 48hrs 2nd Svc req - Dec 22 - follow up on previous, found out call not placed by BB and there was no record of our complaint, this time BB did place call and scheduled repair service Service sched for Dec 29 Dec 28 - learned parts on backorder, repair now on Jan 04 Dec 28 - 4 hours on phone trying to resolve sooner as we had not done laundry in 15 days 1. called BB and had to leave message 2. finally got ahold of someone at Geek Squad 3. Svc ctr manager Mervin - very unhelpful, refused to acknowledge reality of situation so I asked for supervisor 4. Mervin's manager Yolanda - after a very long discussion convinced her to call LG to confirm parts were on backorder - she unwilling to do anything else to resolve situation, we requested a replacement unit - she dumped me with "a store manager," at the closest BB 5. Plymouth Meeting PA store manager Vincent: - told us he couldn't help replace our unit because his store did not have it in stock and told us we had to call all the stores to find and talk to a manager at store with inventory - we asked him to look up other store inventories which he could easily do on his own and found out that the closest store with our unit was 80 miles away - Vincent transfered our call to this store, Lancaster 6. Lancaster, PA store manager Lisa Previtera - she informed us that she can not ship that far - the deal has to be approved by my local store - but I just got off the phone with my local store! - Lisa advised us to call Consumer Relations 7. Mike, Consumer Relations - promised us he would arrange replacement fast - promised us the order specialist Tiffany "Goosh" from dot com will respond within 48 hrs - Case# 81038140 Dec 30th: Ainsley, Consumer Relations - We called after 48 hrs no contact to check up on status - found out that there was no record of dispatch to Lisa or Tiffany Goosh to solve our problem - we requested again a dispatch for defective replacement - we requested dispatch to dot com supervisor to investigate Tiffany situation Jan 3rd: Recvd call to confirm service appt for Jan 04; 2 of 3 parts arrived; 3rd part sched ship Jan 15 (which would mean 35 days of no clean laundry) Jan 4th: 2 of 3 parts replaced by Geek Squad Technician, washer powers on but additional symptoms now appear and so it is non-functional. Service technician Dave recommends replacement; instructs us to call our local store again with our work order number. Most frusturating and unprofessional behaivor yet: Called Plymouth Meeting, PA Geek Squad, began explaining story, was abruptly interrupted mid sentence and transferred to appliances Erica. I begin explanation again, Erica says I have to talk to Geek Squad. Long hold, then Erica says I have to come to the store in person. I asked why and Erica puts the phone down on table without saying anything. Long wait - someone else picks up the phone, asks if I'm being helped. I say not exactly, begin explaining our situation all over, get interrupted again saying I have to speak to manager. Long hold, finally greeted with no name. Begin explaining, then interrupted for hold. Puts phone on table and I can hear him talking to other people re: unrelated business. Very long wait, then Erica says she cannot help and that I have to call the 800 number for any help and explains that since I bought it at dot com they can't help me. Of course this is not true, there are lots of things they can do to help me. I suggest they do it for me b/c it's been 3 weeks and we have been given nothing but the runaround. She says I will have to hold for manager - I thought that's where I had alread been. Ed Furgeson, store operations manager finally gets on line and will call support to handle it. Ed promises callback. Length of call 40 mins. It's been 22 days since I've had clean laundry and guess what I'm doing right now? I'm hold with Best Buy, current total wait time: 30 minutes and counting . . . We will never purchase from Best Buy ever again

I am sad that Joao hates me. :cry

I hate Simon

I had a similar experience with a Maytag dishwasher I ordered from Best Buy.com. It arrived in 3 days, damaged and unusable.

After a month of being put off and ignored by Best Buy, I called and cancelled the whole order. I ordered the exact same dishwasher from Home Depot for $120.00 cheaper. It will be arriving in 4 days... Worst Buy has seen the last of my money.

I am cutting up my Best Buy credit card, which has $3200.00 open to buy... Very *** of Best Buy to run off this kind of customer!!

Just an analogy to show how you use drama to come to a ridiculous conclusion.

to simon what does the kids have to do with it, we are talking about a business that finds a way to put the customer through *** at every chance they get. to the marmuvet family god bless i hope and pray that you can wash soon.

Best Buy hates it's customers? A tad overdramatic don't you think? If your kid messes something up do you say "You hate me!"?

Best Buy Deal

Best Buy

I purchased a game for my daughter in October as a Christmas present. At Christmas she received the same game from a relative. On January 3 I took the game to the best buy in Arora Illinois and thought since I had the reciept it was a simple ten minute return. Wrong. I was told that that software returns, to be returned in full, the time limit was 30 days and that had expired. They would offer me the lowest store sales price minus 15 % restocking fee in the form of a Best buy gift card. After arguing with the clerk for some time she said that she could not do anything for us as this was the policy as stated on the back of the reciept. I ask the question, what if I did not have the reciept? She informaed me that the same refund would apply. I will not enter another Best Buy store for anything. We are lucky that we have a lot of electronic stores choices in the area. I have told all my friends and relatives and they agree Best Buy is not the best buy. No wonder they are struggling. Maybe they have not learned the lessons of Circuit City.

A policy is a policy. you're not special

:grin I work customer service a policy is a policy. get over it

I quit doing business with Best Buy (due to poor service)when Circuit City first opened stores in my city. I never had a problem with Circuit City.

Now, I have purchased 2 items from Best Buy.com, and had huge problems.

One Item was never delivered, and the other (a $600.00 item) was delivered damaged and not usable. Best Buy, again, did not care to resolve the issues in a timely manner.

I finally cancelled the expensive order, and bought it from Home Depot.com. I won't spend another dime with WORST BUY....

They shouldn't have returned the item at all if you were beyond 30 days. Looks like they went above and beyond to at least do something for you.

I bet if they knew you were still going to be such a big baby about it afterwards, they wouldn't have returned the item and shown you the door. You need to grow up madam.

Get over it, the employee was simply following Best Buy POLICY that was clearly PRINTED on the back of your receipt. Educate yourself before you sound like a ***.

"I was told that that software returns, to be returned in full, the time limit was 30 days and that had expired. They would offer me the lowest store sales price minus 15 % restocking fee in the form of a Best buy gift card.

After arguing with the clerk for some time she said that she could not do anything for us as this was the policy as stated on the back of the reciept."

If it said so on the back of the receipt then its your own fault. Best Buy should honor their return policies like everyone else.

Loss

Promised to waive activation fee, never happened. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

Employee at Best Buy in Muskogee offered to waive a $36.00 activation fee if we purchased a Sprint Hotspot. After many phone calls to the store and Sprint and speaking with supervisors, etc. I never received the $36.00 credit to my Sprint account. Apparently the employees at Best Buy are not trained, or given the wrong information, or just don't care what it takes to make a sale. Why is everything such a hassle these days? Oh yeah it's only about making a buck for the big corporates (I keep forgetting that) Honesty and doing a good job are becoming old fashioned I guess. Kinda scary!!!!

Call the FCC. They are required to fix it then by law or face a hefty fine.

Loss
So I ordered a samsung 40 lcd with a stand on black friday. I asked it to be delivered on wednesday the 1st of december, wednesday the 1st rolls around and no tv or stand. I checked my voicemail and the message from best buy says that the tv and stand will be delivered...

Yep, I work for Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Staples, and Office Max. If someone doesn't automatically take a customer's side, that is proof positive of their employment.

Anyone who says that a store ruined their Christmas clearly has their priorities out of whack.

And the fiancée crying? A grown man?

Because of a TV? These people are clearly delusional.

View more comments
Best Buy Shipping Service

Best Buy Geek Squad Is A Rip Off

Never waste you money on Geek Squad support. A two year old laptop could "not be restored or repaired, I should buy a new one." The salesman lied about features, the geeks "prepped" my new lap top, did very little of what they promised. Tried for bascic support on-line & they "dropped" my questions serveral times, averages 10 minutes for a one word reply, no help at all & then wanted to change me for it. Refund? No way. A prorated refund if customer service approved it. When I asked they insulted then ignored me. They will never get another dime of my money for anything. Can't wait to see them go under.

Two points:

1. Best Buy is NOT cheap and they sell mostly out dated equipment. ie GPS, computers. The computers they do sell are low standard, regardless of the price and their so called GEEK SQUAD is exactly that, a bunch of geeks who no little about computers, let alone how to fix or set them up.

2. Best Buys "Policy" is a simple one - "we have your money and thats ALL we care about - now go away." Oh and you might want to have a VERY close think about buying one of their extended warranties too. At the very least, read the fine print very carefully. You'll find if they (Best Buy) stops selling the item, or the manufacturer stops producing it - the so called extended warranty becomes invalid. Ironically, most of the "***" they sell an extended warranty for mysteriously stops being sold by them within 6 to 12 months - wonder why?

My points are as a result of "numerous" bad experiences with Best Buy, not just one.

If you want value, service at a reasonable price along with integrity - DON'T use BEST BUY.

Wombat

An FYI to this poster -

Written by Anonymous, on 04-01-2011 03:43

It's worth pointing out that with the rate technology is advancing, 2 is about 40 in computer years.

I still have a home built tower running Win 98, just that's a million years old by your standards. But, it runs strong, swift & smooth.

I know that sometimes Geek Squad can be a pain in the butt for most people because I have seen the poor customer service some Geek Squad Agents provide. I clarify some not all.

Also I do acknowledge that the pricing for their services are very high but then again this is technology, and I have been in many places and U.S.A.

tech support cost a lot of money and more if you get it from retailers. I have seen 7 out of 10 customers happy with Geek Squad but I have seen stories and people not happy for poor service.

Just an FYI, the MANUFACTURERS load all that ***, not Best Buy

my parents have had the same problems twice now..

they got the restore discs. then they forgot to give them to my parents ( the 2nd time this has happened ) so they had to bring the PC all the way back to the store ( good customer service would have came out). never got a call for 2 days after they said it would be done in 24 hours.. then when my mom sent in a bad review and talked to the rep he said what do you want me to do about it...

not very professional.. they load all the BS stuff on the pc and then charge you to SET UP the pc and pay more to remove it all...

they pray on old people and people that dont have a clue about pc...

Loss

Didn;t give competitors price after agreeing to do it | Best Buy review from Grand Blanc, Michigan

I called Best Buy to ask if they honor other retailer's pricing. The employee told me that they honored "local competitors pricing". Because the competitor was Walmart, which does not usually have advertisements in the paper, I printed out a copy of the pricing online (the price was the same in the Walmart store..I double checked). I went to Best Buy the folowing morning to purchase the DVD. When I tried getting the competitors pricing, the cashier would not honor the online printout because it was online pricing, not in-store pricing. I explained that the pricing was the same, but Walmart did not have sale ads, so the print-out was to prove pricing. She proceeded to call local Walmarts from the register to verify pricing. She continually asked for prices, but I told her that there were 2 different versions, and she was asking for the more expensive version. When she finally "got it", the one Walmart did not have any in stock. So she told me that the price match only was good for in stock items. I tried explaining to her that a) she never asked any of the other stores she called if they had it in stock and b) the employee that told me they price match did not mention in stock vs. not when I called, therefore I should get the price match because he did not inform me of this loophole before I went in. She continued to refuse, and did not even try to speak with a manager. I left the store without having purchased what I drove almost 30 minutes to get. I contacted their Reward Zone program and told them to remove me and cancel any future contact because I was not interested in doing business with them again. I know it may seem trivial to some, but to me, my time is very valuable, and I expect that a retailer should be honest and forthcoming, and have great customer service. So I have Best Buy gift cards that we received for Christmas that will not be used by anyone in this household. Furthermore, I will discourage anyone I know from shopping at this store.

I work for a Best Buy, and after three years I know how they run the show.. They get ya to get their best buy card, or Best Buy master card..

and yes the black tie plan.. I have made a comment that the best buy policy should be brought down where people can see the store policy.. I also remind people to read the back of their ticket for store policy..

If i was to leave best buy, would I buy anything from them.. mm no

Price matches can only be done with weekly fliers at all retailers. If you wanted a Wal-Mart ad that bad to price match you could have went to a store and got one, or better yet, do what Simon suggested and just buy the product at Wal-Mart.

Stop complaining and follow the policies.

This G

While you were online on walmarts website, you should've taken 5 minutes and checked bestbuys website to see all of the terms on the price match policy. If their employees has to explain every single detail of every single policy over the phone, it'd be a call center, not a store.

They do not price match online prices. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that.

Bringing in an online ad was a waste of time. It certainly doesn't prove that the price is the same in the store.

They even called Wal-Mart and attempted to do the price match, but the LOCAL Wal-Mart was out of stock. They did everything the could for you, but it just wasn't good enough, was it?

Why didn't you just go to Wal-Mart and buy your item instead of going through all that at Best Buy and then getting on here and acting like a scorned girlfriend?

Review
We purchased an Insignia 42 in plasma television model, NS-P42Q-10A, on January 31, 2010. While watching the tv the screen would turn all bright green. By September it was occuring more frequently and became very annoying. After the screen turned green it needed to...

Don't go to the geek squad..go to insigna cooperate office..email if need be. The point of the whole company is that their tv was defective from day one.

A tv should not go bad even in 5 nyears. We have upgrade tec hnical componets that are failing and they still are making money.The older tv hold up for years.,Why are the newer ones updated. This is not your problem yes they have made it our problem but it has to be made their problem! We invest and trust their company to produce a tv product better then the ones before.

I do believe they should honor what we invested in. I would expect their company would do the right thing....Taking care of their investors who support their company..they would not be where they are if it wasnot for the consumers..no sales without us...I do believe with persistency the issue can be taken care of....do not take no for an answer..speak to the heart of the comapany manager and not his head...another word you can be angry but sin not.....

View more comments

Lost 7 weeks of info on my laptop | Best Buy review from Massillon, Ohio

purchased laptop from best buy in order to have maintenance and service. then i had quickbooks 2010 downloaded into it. in about 3 months i had problems with laptop. could not get into quickbooks. took laptop back to best buy and their geek squad. stressed importance of not losing any info. i was assured that they would not. i purchased a back-up device from best buy and geek supposedly did a back-up of all my info on the laptop. i left laptop to be repaired. what should have taken only a day or two, took almost 3 weeks to be finished. when i was called to pick up laptop, i found that almost 7 weeks of information was lost. thats when i found that the back-up device was blank. i took laptop to my accountant to help restore information. that took another week and cost me $995.00. my business account is still not complete. i cannot balance check book for about 4 months now. i went to best buy initially because my husband had purchased 2 new desk top computers for the office. silly me , i actually thought we would have good service and work with people who speak english and were local. i will never make another purchase from best buy.