Best Buy pickup site.

Best Buy hire mostly young boys and girls. I have waited to get waited on more than once, while the boys were chasing the girls. I can say that one they see you they ask if they can help, if not they go back to their playing. Best Buy should hire people that are knowable of their products and care about the consumer. Most of the time this means older people. This does not go on at one store, I have seen it at least three. I know they are not paid a commission,and the is to keep hard selling down, but maybe they need a supervisor that can keep it looking like a place of business.

You are ridiculous. You think older people are going to know more?

I know for a fact, older people tend to know less when it comes to electronics and technology. The fact that they were young has nothing to do with how they acted.

That store obviously does not take care in who they hire, or keep an eye on their employess to make sure they do their job. Just because you're old doesn't mean young people are dumb.

Simon, you are right , I shop online.

If you don't like the service you receive, don't shop there. Problem solved.

No need to cry, complain, whine, ***, or anything else. Just don't go there.

Since you clearly have the know-how, if you have the courage to put up or shut up, put in and application and show them how customer service is done.

Be a part of the solution instead of whining from the back row. Unless you're scared of having a 17 year old kid being picked over you.

Simon, I do not care who they hire, there use to be customer service.

smedrik

In order to be compete with places like wal-mart best buy has to be cheap. In order to be cheap they pay their employees minimum wage and no commission.

Most self respecting people with the expansive knowledge of electronics you require are not going to accept minimum wage.

You should tell the store you visit that they shouldn't hire who they want, they should hire who you want.

View more comments (5)
Review
#222048 Review #222048 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Well I will start with best buy. I got a mac book pro and paid $399.99 plus tax for a 4 year warranty. My cat spilled water on to the mac book pro while i was sleeping and woke up to a wet computer. The whole system got fried since the battery cord was plugged in and...

First off did you purchase the warranty that includes the accidental damage or did you just buy the regular one? Second if it was unable to be repaired they should have given you the prorated amount of money back for the remainder of your warranty period. I'm a supervisor with Geek Squad and we deal with this every day of the week...if it didn't have the accidental then the water damage wouldn't have been covered, it states all of that on your Black Tie Protection pamphlet.

View more comments
Loss

Promotional product not available at retailer | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

Purchased mattress set with promotional free Samsung 40" LCD HD tv at Best Buy free! Model stipulated by Rooms To Go LN40C500 not on display at Best Buy and not in inventory at any Best Buy stores. Store clerk advised model c500 not available and was replaced by LN40C530, which they carried at a HIGHER PRICE! They would not, or could not substitute and advised me to go back to Rooms To Go, which I did. Manager of Rms To Go had no authority and would not help. I purchased more expensive model and advised salesman, Keith Davis of my displeasure at how things were handled. Salesman will discuss with Mgr and have him call me. Have not heard back as yet! I need satisfaction and reimbursement of $75.
Willie

We bought a living room set from R2G and got the Best Buy TV offer with the deal. We ended up receiving a $600 Best Buy gift card, valid 5 days after delivery (which the salesman told us and is plainly stated in the paperwork).

We were able to use the gift card AS A GIFT CARD!! In other words, we got $600 credit toward the purchase of a really nice LG 3D LED HDTV, not the Samsung that was offered.

Why y'all are having so much trouble is beyond me. As a matter of fact, I'm probably going to outfit another room with R2G furniture just to get the $600 gift card, and apply it toward the purchase of a new computer.

You're ***

Mike

Rooms To Go is the sponsor of the offer, so you're barking up the wrong tree to get this resolved.

View more comments (2)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best buy---- poor product place

COMPLAIN AGAINST "BEST BUY"AT WEST HARTFORD Dear Sir, 1. On March 11, 2010 I went to buy laptop to present my father on his 60th birthday to the "Best Buy".2. Unfortunately the Sony model I wanted to purchase was not available on the counter. I requested the sales person if they have back in the stock. I was directed to the counter called "Geek Squad" for the enquiry.3. The gentleman at the "Geek Squad" informed me that they have 7 opened pieces with them as their "Geek Squad" work on them. To load antiviral and other software.4. As I had to buy, as March 11 was my dad birthday so I failed to visualize the game/tactics they play to sale returned material/ repairable/defective items to hard- pressed customers.5. After 1 month the "Anti Virus software "Norton" expired although it was for One year, which was the first indication to me of its being old/used stuff.6. On December 20, 2010 I went to Best Buy and complained that the laptop hard drive or fan is making loud noise. They checked it and informed me that they have to send it to "SONY" as it is under warranty. They further informed me that they would inform me through phone once it is ready to pick up/ repaired. 7. Even after about 3 weeks I did not hear from them; on repeated contacting about the status on my laptop I was asked to wait, as they have not received.8. I was real upset with their conduct which was leading me of their passing time to get out of warranty on march 11, 2011.9. I contacted the Sony Service Center to know the status of my laptop. They in return asked me the Reference number, which was nowhere on the slip Best Buy gave me. I informed them of the Service order number but it was of no use to them however they were kind enough to contact Best Buy while putting me on hold. After 10 minute on hold they informed me that Best Buy did not provide them the reference number under which the item has been send to them for repair. They further informed me that the Reference number always starts with "THREE ZEROs"; and requested me to visit the Best Buy to get the Reference number for them to trace the item. 10. Out of my shared frustration I conducted the BEST BUY "Consumer Relation" explaining problem. The Consumer relation lady understanding my complain, immediately contacted the Best Buy West Hartford. She informed me to go and pick up my computer, as it was ready since a week before. 11. I inspected the laptop and complained that the same noise was still exists. The girl at " GEEK SQUAD" agreed with me and went to her senior associate who found me of different skin change his tone and did not agree with me. However he said he can take it back but if "Sony " finds no sound then I have to pay for shipping and handling. This is totally wrong practice by BEST BUY which should be taken note off to stop BEST BUY from Black mailing the customers.12. The laptop was taken back to the BEST BUY West Hartford with the complain that the laptop not loading window and the noise still present. It was checked and found that the hard drive was faulty and making loud noise. 13. I was given 2-3 weeks to check the status and I was also told that I can not return or replace this used purchased item; although I purchased at the actual price.14. In all my visits I pointed out to the GEEK SQUAD the time period left on warrantee; I was all the time told to buy "Geek Squad" service pact. Another way to exploit customers to purchase their services. In light of above following assistance is requested please.(a) Replace my laptop with factory pact laptop as the laptop is used one and is Defective or refund my money.(b) The Best Buy should be asked to stop sale of open / returned /repaired Items© Best Buy should publish requesting customers to returned all such costly items which were sold after opening by them or returned by customers. This is because many young innocent customers must have or are suffering because of this system of sale and attitude.

"who found me of different skin change his tone" I was with you until this point. What is your proof of this?

This is a terrible thing to suggest without proof.

Geek Squad/Best Buy will rip anyone off regardless of race. How do you know it was strictly because of skin?

Best Buy Geek Squad = classic cable company

purchased a wireless router from Best Buy and, because I didn't have time to install it myself, paid for a Geek Squad "agent" to install it in our house. I was given a schedule, Friday, Feb. 4 between 8 a.m. and noon. A four hour time period, just like classic cable company style. And sure enough, in classic cable company style, the "agent" called to say he would arrive late and showed up at 12:30. He got one computer routed in, couldn't figure out how to get the wi-fi secured, and couldn't get the other computers connected. And we ran out of time. I needed to leave for a family commitment at 1 p.m. I have now placed several calls to have Geek Squad return to fix the mistake. The earliest "agent" visit is now scheduled - 8 days later - for tomorrow, sometime (supposedly) between 8 a.m. and noon. So tomorrow, instead of going to my son's basketball game, I will be twiddling my thumbs hoping Mr. GS will arrive and actually be trained to get the router installed. Lesson learned by me: buy online (from anyone but Best Buy) and install it myself.

Best Buy Computer Optimization Problems

Hi, I'm writing an article about customers who've had problems with Best Buy's Optimization policy. A number of Best Buy customers have seen a laptop or desktop advertised for a certain price, but when they get to the cash register, they are informed that the computer has been "optimized" or set up and will cost more money because of that. From what I can tell, it's not an isolated incident. If you or someone you know has been charged for this set-up fee for a desktop or laptop, please email me at sgabekahn@gmail.com. Thanks, Gabe Kahn

Anyone *** enough to buy a computer that the retards at Geek Squad had their *** hands on doesn't deserve to have money anyway. I wouldn't take a computer they touched if it was free.

Car dealerships should optimize some new cars by driving them around for a couple of weeks and programming the radio and clock.

Then charge could charge 20$ more for the car. Geek Squad customers would love that.

Are you a current employee? About how many computers of a particular model are pre-optimized and how many are not?

Thanks.

Not all of the computers are optimized. We pre-op a few of each model for the conveince of not having to wait to have the services done. If you decide to buy a pre-op computer which is clearly labeled then yes you do have to pay for those services

View more comments (2)
Review

Took a $2400 laptop in for repair,gave us wrong one back | Best Buy review from Metamora, Michigan

we took in my laptop for repair under warranty and the one we got back was not it and it had less memory and smaller hard drive i went back to let them know and they did not have one for as much as i gave for mine so they offered us another one and it was not the same price as the one we bought. the original cost $2400 and the replacement laptop was $999 i took it because i was leaving for a bluegrass festival the next morning.i lost about $1400 we bought all our appliances,television, computers,sound system at best buy in fort smith AR.
This G

Your story doesn't make sense, if you brought your laptop in for repair, they should've given you your laptop back. To accept anything else is completely *** on your part.

If your laptop was beyond repair and they offered you a replacement, you shouldn't have just accepted being out of $1400. Either you're by far the stupidest customer ever or there are things missing from your story

Review
#220944 Review #220944 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best buy

Best buy the costumer rip off store. First they will not deal with warranties furthermore they will sell you extra warranty packages and will not help the customer. After you pay you are on your own and will have to deal with third parties. The employees are trained to lie and hook you to spend money and leave you stranded when something goes wrong with anything you buy from then. What a bunch of crooks. So if you think it does not matter if you spend $1.00 to $ 100,000.00 you are on your own if the product fails after you leave the store and great you purchase extra warranty Best buy will not hear you and will sent you to the third party and the third party will sent you back to Best buy so is a go around in circles scenario. Sure Best buy has your money who cares about the customer
This G

Well there's your problem right there, you bought a phone from a COSTUMER. They should be selling costumes, not phones. You're ***

As far as your situation goes, I'm actually not a part of the Best Buy crooks. You could be telling the truth for all I know, but I find it hard to believe that an item was broke when you left the store, you return it with receipt (I assume right away if it was broke when you left the store) and they refer to the manufacturer. There seems to be a gap of information in this story.

I don't really give a *** if you want to hear my opinion or not. You posted your opinion, I get to post mine. Welcome to America, comrade. It's not always about what you want to hear.

I am not a professor of English, I do make occasional misspellings and typos, but when your first sentence is "Best buy the costumer rip off store.", I can't help but think you are either 7 years old, or have an IQ of 50. The rest of your rant isn't any better. If my English was that bad, I wouldn't think I knew it well enough to be typing it on a public forum or even speaking it.

ME DA? NO YOU DA! (whatever that means)

Well since you are a professor of English and can not see your mistakes like an illiterate person. You sound like you are part of the Best Buy crooks.

In this world when you buy components from reputable stores you have their backing further more it is standard practice to stand behind the products you sell. Most important help your clients as they are the reason why you are in bussiness. The point is not the extended warranty but the faulty product that fail as soon as we left the store. Do not reply to this email you perfect one sided person.

This is for the benefit of working people like me so they go to other stores were customer service is a priority. YOU DA

Ah, I think I get it now. I have to assume by your spelling and grammar that you are 7 years old, bought a Dora the Explorer phone, and got referred to Hasbro for repairs.

It's a good lesson to get out of the way while you're still young.

You READ agreements BEFORE purchasing. You never blindly hand over your money and assume the agreement meets your standards.

They have brochures that explain their warranties in detail. Although you may have to wait until you're 12 or so to be able to understand the bigger words.

In case you want to know Simon . A phone was bought at best buy.

After an inspection from Best buy the reasoning was. There is no physical damage to the phone in any way. The product fail from the inside out. No one knows why so you customer go and take your complain to our third party suplier.

Our policy is you pay good buy do not bother us. You mention I pay for your wonderful extended warranty.

Best buy go talk to the third party warranty supplier our policy is you pay good buy sort the issues of your product on your own. Good buy

Simon I guess you do not understand when you buy a product from any other store if the product fails before the warranty period written on the package. Then it is the responsibility of the vendor to help the client.

I understand the extended warranty but it does not matter to Best Buy their policy i got from the best buy customer service. It broke too bad go to the manufacturer best buy policy is that they do not get involve with products that they sell and fail. You as a costumer have to go to the manufacturer and sort your claim on your own. So you can call best buy and they will sent you to a third party and will not entertain your complain.

Now it this fare to the client and trust a store that will back up the products they sell. After all us customers pay so best buy can make a profit and maintain their stores open.

Since you seem reluctant to share what actually happened to you, it will be difficult to help.

My guess is you didn't understand how the warranty worked (probably didn't want to spend a few minutes actually reading it) and now you are upset that when your item failed, you didn't get to walk in and get a new one off of the shelf. Or possibly you don't understand the concept of EXTENDED warranty which means it kicks in AFTER the manufacturer's warranty runs out.

View more comments (6)
Review
#220942 Review #220942 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy does not communicate with Shipping

I ordered a Whirlpool, 36" range hood. Best Buy advertised online that they had this product. They did not. They had to special order it. After they took all my info, including my credit card, they informed me. Two weeks later I was given a date of arrival by J.V. Hunt, their shippers. However, Best Buy had no record or confirmation of this delivery and told me it was still on back order. I cancelled the order which took two hours on the telephone as they insisted they could not cancel a special order. One hour after cancellation their shipper called me to say the hood would be delivered the next day. However, since I had cancelled the order now they could not deliver and asked me to reconsider and call Best Buy. I did so and was told I could not change my cancellation and would have to wait and start all over again. Best Buy and their delivery people do not communicate with each other or with the customer. Many apologies and another wasted day on the phone with Best Buy. Because I had ordered via the phone aka the internet I could not go into the store either. Best Buy is insane.

I feel this way as well. I went online to order a very expensive tv.

I chose the option on the order form of picking up the tv in the closest store because the website and order form said it was available for pick up at that store. They processed my order,took the money from my credit card, then the next day when I went to get it they said they couldn't give it to me because someone at their store failed to "pick" the inventory and therefore the order would have to be cancelled. if the store did not have that item in their inventory my order should never have gone so far as for them to take my money hostage. They have my money and I do not have a television.

I sat on the phone with customer service for an hour + with the end result being them cancelling the order and not getting the sale. I suggested many things they could have done to give me -the customer- satisfaction but they refused and kept telling me they wanted to cancel the order!? I don't see how they can take my money from my credit card in a less than a second but can't put it back that quickly so that I could have gotten a tv that day. They do not care about their now ex-customers and they certainly are not interested in making a sale.

They definitely will never have my business ever again because they are completely unethical in their business practices. They should have owned up to their mistakes - which were numerous - and gotten that tv to me in any way they could have.

I know many other stores that would have taken that path. But not Best Buy.

Review
#220641 Review #220641 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy defrauds, lies, cheats.

High end Nikon Camera purchased in late August for Xmas gift with understanding it was returnable after Xmas. Call to returns confirmed return policy for Xmas gift. Retuned camera end of December 27, (unopened with receipt). Return denied. Return manager Jessica tore box label when opening it and pointed to tear saying it had previously been opened. I pointed out returns person Brandon who by phone confirmed return would be okay. Manager walked over and whispered to him. He then came up and denied the agreement. Cost $500. Letter with return receipt and restricted delivery sent to BestBuy CEO Bradbury Anderson has been unanswered. It behooves persons tempted to patronized BestBuy for convenience or price to think again. Customer service, integrity and good will are lacking at Best Buy.

Oh My GOd you bought a camera in August and expected it to be returned inDecember. You must be very important are you the pope or the president.

I sat in line behind some one like you about a week ago. Just accept the fact you are outside of the return policy and get on with life.

I work at a bank and you remind me of the people who over draft an account and want us to give you the money back because you can't keep your finances straight. Nat even Walmart takes back things that old and they take anything back.

This G

LOL @ Shadow for being completely oblivious to sarcasm.

-Buying something in August for a Christmas gift and expecting the return to be cool? ***.

-Mailing the CEO of a mega-corporation expecting individual response? ***

-Mailing the RETIRED CEO of a company? Extra ***

I have to agree with Simon. Usually a cashier in retail will do everything within their means to make exceptions (within reason to the return policy). It sounds to me like she had reason to believe it wasn't unopened or she would have returned it.

Why would Jessica purposely tear the box so you don't get to return the item???? Seriously. You sound like one of those *** customers that no one likes or can stand in the first place....

People like you want to make the world bend over backwards for you. Have people hold your hand while shopping. Im sure your the type that doesnt understand why prices so high or why coupons have exclusions. BOO WHOOOOO.

Shop online. Thats my advice to you. That way you don't have to actually deal with real people...so you can sit in your corner on your computer and be a anti social complaining loser all by yourself.

Ps I dont work for Best Buy either. I work for their competitors but think your complaints are ***.

I doubt Simon does either. I read his complaint. He simply disagrees with you. I love how you automatically asume that anyone that disagrees with your BS works for Best Buy...good call. Your like a modern day mobile lie dector test. Nothing gets by you.

Happy Days :grin

Mike

A) Extended holiday returns never started until November. How did you think you could get away with returning something 3-4 months later?

B) Bradbury Anderson retired of CEO almost 2 years ago, and was replaced by Brian Dunn.

How old is this claim, or did you maybe do your homework wrong? Nice move lol!

Thank you Shadow. Isn't the fact that I'm rude and nasty proof enough that I don't work for any of these companies?

Wouldn't they want me to be a tad professional?

I stand by what I said. If a NON-COMMISSIONED employee said it was opened, I believe her. She has nothing to gain by lying. Meanwhile, customers lie all the time to get their way.

Why would she go out of her way to deny the return and listen to the customer *** at her all day? Wouldn't she accept the return if she could?

Simon works for best buy? and he's being rude and unappreciative? Big surprise.

having worked in retail for a long time, if a person was told over the phone that they could return something they shouldn't be denied a refund when walking into the store. If not a refund, they should've at least got store credit. He purchased it fair and square and didn't want it. It's not like it was a dvd or cd, it's a CAMERA. Most people don't buy $500 cameras and use them and return them.

Simon, you said you watch these to make sure the company's name isn't tarnished. You are doing enough to tarnish it yourself, being rude and nasty. I can't speak for everyone, but if best buy hires people like you I wouldn't shop there. Besides, Geek Squad sucks. They know nothing unless it's something found online, and can't really do anything useful anyways.

Thats it. My cover is blown.

I might as well come clean. I work in Best Buy's espionage department and go around looking for complaints against the store and making rebuttals so the company's image isn't tarnished.

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for your meddling.

But seriously, judging by how you come to a ridiculous conclusion just because someone disagrees with you shows me and everyone else how you quickly spin a story so you can believe whatever suits you and make you a helpless victim. I have no doubt that you have done the same with your initial complaint.

Your response is obviously written by a Best Buy service to contest complaints. Good try.

Cry and deny your cover has been blown.

No further responses will be made by me to your pitiful attempts to defend a business whose CEO does not respond to customer concerns. It is not surprising their personnel is inadequately trained.

I did read you statement. I just don't believe it.

Like I said, if you had adhered to their return policy, they would have no reason to deny the return. They obviously had a reason.

All we have is your side of the story, which I'm sure is spun to your liking. I don't believe that the employee tore the label when she opened it and then denied the return on that basis.

It's just not credible. Since we don't have Best Buy's side of the story, it just leaves people to guess what really happened.

View more comments (11)
Review
#220414 Review #220414 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service