Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Never shop at best buy...Major rip offs!

CONSUMER ALERT!...... ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL CUSTOMER'S!..NEVER SHOP AT BEST BUY! I went to Best Buy in Jordan Landing to purchase two big screen TV's, a muli speaker stereo system an other electronic items for my Yogurt Shop. I paid Best Buy the $99.00 fee for Geek Squad to come out to my shop and give me the estimate for all the wiring and all the electronic devices that I was interested in having installed. Little did I know, that when the time came to have it all installed, they would not answer my phone calls or emails. They had told me to give them a call before my drywall was installed, so that it would be easier for them to run the lines. Call after call...NO return message. Email after email...No return message. After waiting along two in a half months. I had to go through another company to get the job done. To This day, Best Buy refuses to refund my $99.00 fee that was suppose to go toward my install and purchase. I have made a trip to their store a number of times, and get the same young unprofessional management team, who yells at me and refuses to refund my money. Very hard nosed and unexperianced associates to say the least! I think it's just a matter of time that these jerks will be out of a job when the business goes under due to all the customer complaints. So stay away from BEST BUY at all costs. Unless you want to feel taken advantage of.

Couldn't agree with you more. Best Buy has been sued in the State of Ohio for putting damaged goods back on the shelf, selling it to new customers, and then trying to sell the long term warranties on the products (which is where they make their big money).

Bought a new stereo system for my daughters car. After installation she picked up the car, and brought it to me two days later as she felt the speakers sounded funny. I got into rear panel to find that one of the speakers was blown and damaged. The speaker definitely had "long term wear" as well.

I took it back and they accused her of turning it up to loud and blowing the speaker. I asked them why there were scratch marks and dirt in the speaker cone and told them they had put in a damaged speaker, not the ones I bought.

They wanted to charge me a "re-shelving fee" and then wanted me to pay for another speaker (obviously I didn't buy their 2 year warranty). After many complaints to the attorney general, state of Ohio, they filed a lawsuit against Best Buy and won.

What did customers who complained get for winning the suit??? Discount coupons to Best Buy !!!

Buyer beware...you could be buying damaged/used products from Best Buy. Wouldn't step in the store if they were selling products at half off.

Best Buy Black Tie is a load of ***

The sales clerk sold us on the Best Buy Black Tie Protection telling us that it was so superior to ALL other protection plans because they covered EVERYTHING expect loss. He told us that we had to recover the phone at all costs, he even went so far as to tell us that if it fell in the toilet we had to fetch it. The clerk (with the big, huge, ear lobe expanders) said they would replace it no matter what. Guess what, my husband dropped his $600 phone in a puddle. I figured no big deal, we have insurance, guess what!! Surprise, that clerk with attitude told me in such a snotty manner there was no way they would even look at a phone with water damage. When I challenged her she said that if I knew the name of the clerk that "lied to us" she would have him clarify his statements. This is *** we pay over $30 per month for our insurance and now we still have to pay over $600 for a new phone. Oh but, we could for ONLY $150 buy a "loaner phone" this is bull. Don't buy into the black tie protection. Go directly to whatever service you want ie sprint, verizon, att, etc.

I also bought the black tie protection plan on my cell phone. The sale's associate from Best Buy informed me that after the two years is up, best buy would buy my cellphone back and give me a gift card for Best Buy in the amount of $ 250.00.

My contract expired in May of 2014. I go to Best Buy and pick out 2 cell phones and start the paperwork on my new contract. The sale's associate tells me that my cellphone was only worth $80.00 and that is all I'm getting. At this point I'm fuming.

Now I have a manager calling me a liar and telling me that one of his employees would have never told me this. At this point I'm calling the manager an As#$%^&. I go home without a new contract and contact Best Buy corp.

Let me tell you, As$%^&* stick together. I hope this review will help you decide not to purchase the Black Tie Protection Plan or anything else from

I've used black tie , and had a water damaged phone replaced no problem twice .. took weeks to get the job done though as always. i live in CT

#519044

How does it cover water damage when you clearly stated that it doesn't if you drop it in a lake, ocean, puddle??? Doesn't make sense, if this protection says that it covers water damage it should be cover no matter what. All this protect plan is just a way to lure in money.

I bought a verizon droid 3 at bestbuy to avoid all the rebate *** with my carrier and signed up for some cashback program where I can trade in my phone for cash which came with a free month of black tie protection for my cellphone that would replace my phone if damaged, not, lost or stolen. The thing is I wanted to cancel it before the month was over so I called their number and over the course of 12 calls I've been on hold for about 3 hours total and have yet to speak to any representative to cancel this *** plan and now I just got automatically charged for another month. The nerve of bestbuy to scam their loyal customers like this!

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with!! I bought a $600 Evo cell phone there a year ago and (STUPIDLY) agreed to their Geek Squad Black Tie Protection for $10/month, being promised that absolutely any problem you have - even if its your own fault, as long as you can bring us the phone (i.e.

not lost or stolen), we will immediately replace it. I brought it in because the phone kept randomly shutting down and repowering for no reason when the battery was fully charged. They told me if I wanted it immediately replaced (which I have been paying for this service for over a year) that all they have available is a downgrade to the Evo Shift. No, I dont want that.

Well, then it has to be "repaired." They sent my phone out for repair for 2-5 WEEKS and as part of the $10/month that is also supposed to include a loaner phone. What they don't tell you is that the loaner phone is a 1995 flip phone! So you're supposed to give up a $600 cell phone for a month (and still pay your cell carrier the full data charge etc.) and get this when it was originally sold to me to be an IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT? Not only did it take almost 2 hours of paperwork dropping the phone off and 2 hours picking it up when it had been "repaired," but my phone wasn't even fixed!!!

The same problem was still happening. I asked to speak with a store manager and all he offered to do was exactly what had originally been offered - exchange for a downgraded phone or send it in for repair for 2-5 weeks and hope they get it right this time! He said it would take FOUR QUALIFYING REPAIRS (FOUR times sending your phone in for 2-5 weeks per time with each time the phone being sent back to you, the issue not resolved before you would actually get a new phone). Do you believe this *** So, obviously, I was not satisfied with those results and continue to tell him how upset I am of this service and in the middle of speaking to me (this is a manager) he says, "Ok, this is enough at the store.

If you want to talk any further, you'll have to call our 1-800 number," and shoo'd me out of the store. Absolutely appalling. I hope he gets fired because that is the absolute worst customer service.

Also, I told the store manager (above him) about this and all she did was say sorry, but there was nothing she could do. Please don't buy anything at overpriced Best Buy and DEFINITELY do not buy their service contracts!!

i've heard alot of people really bash the black tie protection, but it's been really valuable to me. three months after i got my 8 gig iphone 3GS, it started having problems charging.

i brought it to best buy, told them about my problem, and they sent the phone off to be fixed and gave me a loaner phone (at no charge. i've heard of them asking for a $50 refundable deposit for a loaner phone - never $150 as some people are saying - but you get the $50 back). in four days they called me to say that my phone was ready to be picked up. i went to best buy, to find out that they had sent me a 32 gig iphone 4!!!!

it wasn't a mistake - because the guys checked because they couldn't believe i had an 8 gig 3GS and they sent me a 32 gig iphone 4. they said sometimes they do that to keep long term customers happy - we've had our 5 lines for 12 years, so we spend quite a bit of money with ATT. so - all the stories aren't bad ones. i've never had a problem with any of the three iphones we have on our account getting immediately fixed or replaced through the black tie protection.

it isn't so surprising that bestbuy asks for a deposit for a loaner phone, if you break it or lose it, they have no recourse if they don't take a deposit from you.

$150 is too steep yes, but $50 is reasonable. if you borrow a phone from someone, you don't have to pay anything when you send your phone off - the only charge is a deposit that you get back IF you need a loaner phone.

They are doing the me.

It sounds like you had bad customer service. The Geek Squad Black Tie Protection ADH for Cell phones will cover water damage. However it wont cover water damage if you drop in in a pool, puddle, lake, or the ocean.

If you spilled water on it however, you would defiantly get it serviced. Go into another store, and tell them your husband was working at home and spilled his glass of water over the phone.

The Geek Squad BTP is actually really valuable, but you have to pretty much lie to the Geek Squad agents as to how your phone was destroyed.

Employees will lie to get the Black Tie plan sold knowing people aren't smart enough to actually read it.

No warranty will cover physical damage or water damage.

View more comments (8)
Review

Best Buy review in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Got me twice,Shame on me!

Well first time was shame on them. Second time is shame on me. First they could not deliver an undamaged AC Unit. Then even after I had paid for one they said they were out of stock and would not get anymore until next season. At that point I had to get a refund. The whole ordeal took over two months. Well today after waiting in line (I was the first person) for the store to open so that I could get an IPad that were advertised as "limited quantity" I was told they had none. I was asked to fill out a form and would be called when they arrived. OK so far? Well next they wanted one hundred dollars down and could not say when or even if they were getting them at all.
Loss

Best Buy- lies about service, then says buy a new product

I purchased a camera at Best Buy a year ago. I was told by the sales person that if I buy the Geek Squad warranty I would be covered for any reason for four years. He also stated that all of the repairs are done in house. I fell for both lies. My camera's auto focus stopped working. I took it to the Santa Rosa, CA store where I purchased it. I was told they ship them out and I would have it back in 4-6 weeks! Since then, they have sent my camera off, received it back, discovered that no one had looked at it and sent it away again. It will be a month on Tuesday and STILL no one has repaired it. The technician got it yesterday 04-15-11. I dropped it off 03-19-11. The Geek squad agent I spoke with last week told me that I should buy a new camera! Isn't that why I bought the warranty? I spoke with a manager who also told me to buy another camera and if I wanted he "Might" be able to credit me back for my old camera, without the restocking fee. What a guy. Never buy from Best Buy unless you have done your research. Don't get the warranty. Never go through Geek Squad. I will be telling everyone I meet. I have the email the girl sent about the mix up. I will be happy to post that also.

I am absolutely disgusted with the whole operation. My poor husband spent $300 on a Black Tie warranty which was to cover everything from head to toe.

When it malfunctioned, of course that didn't cover a virus, only the hard drive. I spent another $200 to cover three computers for viruses. Of course, I was called to say I needed to buy some Disk from the manufacturer. I said wasn't that covered by the Black Tie but no, it didn't.

The second computer I took in for a virus problem was not covered as I again needed to buy a disk from the manufacturer.

I gave up and will NEVER go back to Best Buy. We were really taken by this whole outfit.

Don 't worry I will help you spread the word because I have been dealing with the exact same senareo. I have told all my family friends and coworkers and after my nightmare not one of them will shop there

View more comments (1)

Best Buy review in Chicago, Illinois: Unopened Wireless Return

Best Buy would not let me return a wireless router because it was 30 days past the date of purchase. Unopeded still in plastic. OK I get that. So give me store credit right? NO. Can't do that either because they decided to discontinue this item. Unbeliveable. I despise this store as it is and this just made me livid. Not only will I not go in the store again I will be sure to announce to the world how much they suck and their customer service skills are pathetic. Managers don't give a *** and they are all 20 something years old with no skills dealing with the public.
smedrik

You had 30 days to decide whether or not you wanted the item. A month is more than enough. Return policies are apply to EVERYBODY.

pov9596

Your story doesn't add up. If it were 30 days past the sale date then they would have returned it because the return policy is 30 days.

So how old was it really?

Just because you are young doesn't mean you are incompetent. Get a life.

Go to Wal-Mart and see if 30 days actually means 32.

Go to Target and see if 90 days means 94.

When you find out that 30 days means 30 days, I hope you realize how much of a diva you are.

smedrik

I am sorry you don't think a written and posted return policy applies to you, however it does.

You had requested that the bend the rules for you and approve a transaction which would have cost the company money.

Feel free to call the associates every name in the book, however you were the one in the wrong.

View more comments (3)
Loss
Best Buy discontinued service of my 8 month old item.
Best Buy discontinued service of my 8 month old item.
I just returned from Best Buy Union Square in NYC where I purchased an EZip1000 last August 2010. I've the receipt images attached. I'm very very upset because I purchased this item there because it would be easily serviceable and batteries easily purchased. The...

I agree with Simon. They failed to fulfill the service contract. They did not fail to provide you with the product. A refund of the service contract is fair.

Also, it should be noted that they did not "mislead" you or sell you the scooter "under false pretenses." It is impossible for a store employee to predict the corporation's inventory two years into the future.

Also, do you expect to get a full refund on a non-defective scooter you've apparently used frequently? Another unrealistic expectation.

As an anonymous poster on the Internet who claims to have a law background, I'd advise you not to waste money pursuing a legal resolution.

View more comments

Don't purchase an Ipod from Best Buy, go straight to Apple

I purchased an Ipod Nano 6th Generation, April 14, 2011 and just finished setting up my playlist when I dropped the Ipod 3 to 4 feet onto my hardwood floor and the screen broke. Best Buy said they could not give me another Ipod & I should have gotten the extended warranty. I never used the Ipod. They said there was nothing they would do. I tried the Apple Store, located at the mall. The store looked up my registration up and gave me a new Ipod and I purchased a nice rubber case that would protect the Ipod. REGISTER YOU PURCHASE

My comments absolutely have a place here. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean ***.

I'm proving a point Y.M., even though you're too big of a *** to see it. I think the OP and my comment are both equally ridiculous. You shouldn't be able to buy things, break them, and expect an exchange.

It's nonsense. It's nice that Apple does that, but you can't expect other stores to do it.

I completely agree. Apple has a terrific return policy and they are always more than happy to satisfy the consumer. Simon (above comment)has ridiculous sarcasm and that really has no place here.

I know what you mean. I bought a brand new car and drove it off a cliff.

I returned it to the dealer and they wouldn't give me a brand new car! The nerve!

View more comments (2)
Review

Best Buy review in Victoria, Texas: Whirlpool Range (Model WFE381LVQ)

Purchased on Sept.27,2010 at Best Buy, Victoria, Texas...Oven would not heat properly at temp. you set for baking. Technicians have been out 5 times since then & tells me everything is working fine..Took pictures of food baked to prove it was still raw in middle, overdone on edges in front & not cooked enough on back of food..Asked for a new range,but was told no from Whirlpool mfg., but range is still under warranty..Will charge for any other service call..changed control board, sensor and still not baking properly. When setting temperature at required setting for that food, it is not baking at the temperature that was set. Also talked with Best Buy and they will not do anything either. No more Best Buy or Whirlpool in my home!!!

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool appliances.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (WhirlpoolCare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

Insignia tv bought at best buy 37" no good

I awoke to the smell of smoke after dozing off while using my oxygen. my three year old 37" insignia tv screen was black, and smoke was pouring out the top of it. I of course immediately unplugged it and took it out of the house. I called insignia, giving them a list of numbers from the label on back of the tv. They told me there was a recall, referred me to best buy who sent me a box to send it in to them for a voucher for $500. Turns out the recall was for the 26" model only. When I asked why I couldn't expect some recompense for the 37" having the exact same problem I was simply told "sorry". The local Best Buy where I bought the set was also "sorry" I hadn't bought the 4 yr. warranty.

Sounds like Best Buy handled the situation correctly. If there is not a recall on your model TV, there isn't anything they can do after 3 years. I realize it would be better for you if they would buy you a new TV, but that isn't going to happen.

Review
#232001 Review #232001 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy review in Norfolk, Virginia: Sound is bad, sent it out no tv for weeks

The insignia 26" tv has a stuttering audio problem. Because it is intermittent the Geeks could not replicate it. I asked for a replacement. They would not honor my request an said that they would send it back to Insignia. I await their response. This is on warranty and I expected Best Buy to honor that warranty. I was told that if I had purchases a plan, I would have had better service. Why should I spend more than $100 on a service plan when I was told that the Insignia has 2 year Warranty. I recommend that Best Buy be avoided.

What do you expect them to do if they can't replicate the problem? Just take your word for it?

If they did that, everyone would just go in every couple of years and get another TV. I can't believe after that you still asked for a replacement and act surprised when you're denied.

Get a clue.

Your warranty allows for the TV to be sent for repairs, not to get a brand new one off of the shelf. Best Buy has handled this situation correctly and no other store would have handled it any different, so I recommend that you give up shopping altogether.

Review
#231966 Review #231966 is a subjective opinion of poster.