Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy review in Lynnwood, Washington: Bet Buy overcharged for a Lap Top Computer

I won't spend another dime at Best Buy! I bought a Compaq lap top that was tagged "on sale" at $279.95. I charged it to my Master Card. When I got out to my car I noticed that they had charged me $299.95. I went back and asked to talk to a manager. He said we should check the tag which, amazingly, now said $299.95. I asked to speak with the salesclerk and was told that he had gone home sick. Bottom line here is a convenient bait & switch. I kept the darn thing and just chalked it up to lessons learned! I tell you though, if Best Buy needs $20.00 that bad there is no hope for the American consumer.

Charging you $20 more than you thought is worlds away from bait and switch you retard.

I really hope you don't have any kids and if they do, I hope they learn legal terms before they throw them around.

I agree with the last comment. You always want to check anything before you pay for it.

If you didn't then its really your fault. And there's no way they changed the tag right after your purchase.

You probably saw the incorrect tag. Which is still an error on your behalf.

why would you not check what you are purchasing before you swipe card--sounds like your own error.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy review in Washington, District Of Columbia: The squad is incompetent.

Brought my machine to the local place in Stafford,VA. for a 'Blue screen' memory dump issue. Today was the 5th time! After replacing memory sticks 3 times, the first set at my cost, despite the machine is under warranty. During the first visit one of their "Managers" told me to order the sticks since they were out of stock. First he gave me the wrong part number, then he recommended 8 GB, the machine takes only max. 4 GB ! I'm dealing with idiots here. Pick up is tomorrow....I can't wait! They will screw up again, I see it coming. If so, names and case number will be posted here.

Next time take your laptop to the Pro's at www.Tek-Smart.net

I have had a few, similar issues with Best Buy but none have been quite as frustrating as yours. Maybe that is why I tend to use the web site bestbuy.com instead. The online version of Best Buy receives many positive reviews from review sites like www.viewpoints.com and others and it rates higher in quality than the actual stores.

View more comments (1)

Best Buy review in Baltimore, Maryland: Worst Buy

I am extremely dissatisfied with Best Buy hereafter labeled as Worst Buy; they accepted my online order for a Samsung washer SKU 9282019 which they are STILL offering online for purchase. As soon as the order was submitted my American Express card was charged for the complete order and I was given a CONFIRMATION of the order and the delivery date. One month later the washer is UNAVALIABLE and the delivery date for the rest of the order is changed without any notification or explanation. Now I am left without a washer and apparently the only recourse I have is the BBB ; American Express and the Attorney General. Worst Buy is a roll of the dice maybe you will be lucky and everything will be fine …if not consider yourself warned. NEVER AGAIN will Worst Buy get my business!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Review

Best buy cant order my replacement parts

best buy told me to call for a replacement part for my xbox that was under an extended warranty.So i called on April 10/2011 and after 5 times calling i still havent received my part.today is April 29/2011 it was only supposed to be 7/10 days.today i was told i would be rushed the part in 5/7 days. I dont believe them.they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck they suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck . .

They probably just don't consider 6 year olds a priority. Maybe if they say you suck suck suck (repeat 30 times like a real *** and change your name to make it sound like a girl (duurrrrrrrr!!!) they could communicate with you better.

Back at you retard.

up yours simone.

I'm surprised they don't take a customer as mature as you more seriously.

View more comments (3)

No More Best Buy Bellevue

I went to the nearby BestBuy store to buy a refrigerator, since things have been fine there before. I gave the salesperson the width of the door the refrigerator had to be moved through, told him the model I was interested in, and asked if, with the refrigerator doors removed for delivery, it would fit the given dimensions. He said yes, no problem at all. He then wrote up the bill offering 18 months no interest. I mentioned that the BestBuy.com quote was 24 months, and I was told that the store and the .com site are two separate entitities and he didn't have to give me the 24 months. That was not right according to BestBuy corporate, and they revised the billing. Delivery day came, and the deliver man took one look at the doorway inside and said the refrigerator can't go through. The salesperson was completely wrong about the refrigerator dimensions. Because the old one was already taken apart for the delivery people, the new one had to go into the garage. Becasue BestBuy would not do anything to help, I had to pay a contractor to come and open the doorway while the food-filled refrigerator sits in the garage. I spoke to the store manager about trading to a model that didn't have the dimension problem and he said fine, but I'd have to pay any additional costs. Besides being arrogant, impatient, and rude, the store manager offered no assistance. If you shop at BestBuy, You're on your own.

What exactly do you think Best Buy should do? Buy you a new refrigerator because you're too *** dumb to know how to read a tape measure? Get real.

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy review in New York, New York: Bestbuy.com ...Order at your own risk…

I have placed an order with bestbuy.com last September. After about four weeks and numerous phone calls inquiring about the whereabouts of my ordered item (which cost about $200), the incompetent representatives still weren't able to give me an answer, and I decided to just cancel the order. The representative assured me that I will be getting the refund within a few business days. That did not happen. Long story short: after lots and lots of frustrating phone calls with false assurances, and just as many dropped calls, I filed a complaint with the FTC and with BBB. About 3 weeks after filing the complaint, BBB got me the full refund. So in full it took 5 ½ months to get the refund. I have placed orders with many online companies and private sellers, but I must say BestBuy has been the worst experience because of their unreliable customer service. Needless to say, I will no longer be buying anything from this company.

Check Denied at Best Buy

I went to buy a HDTV at Best Buy. Everything went great until I presented a Corporate Check made out to Best Buy. Telecheck first denied the check saying the account has been blocked for four years due to fraudulent activity. I told them that their records must be all fouled up. The manager at the store did not have the authority to override their decision. I called back two hours later and said let's go through this one more time. This time they said to call Walmart Financial because there is an outstanding check. I told them to give me the name and address of the President of TeleCheck and I will write a formal complaint and copy Best Buy. These people don't know what they are doing! If I were Best Buy, I would look for a more reliable company.

Use a debit card. Problem solved. Take your ancient form of payment and your formal complaint and shove them up your ***.

Review

Best Buy review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Refused to honor protection plan

I purchased a new cell phone and purchase plan in January 2011. My daughter dropped her phone on a road in Seattle today. Best Buy refused to replace her phone because she did not go out into traffic and pick up the phone bits. They refused to refund the money I had paid for the protection plan. The copy of the protection plan does not state you have to bring in the phone (and in this case it would have been impossible). I spoke to store manager and the customer service department. Best buy refused to refund my money or honor their agreement.
pov9596

That is a mistake on your part. Of course you have to bring the phone in.

Also, I'm not sure how you "drop" a phone on a road with traffic.

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with!! I bought a $600 Evo cell phone there a year ago and (STUPIDLY) agreed to their Geek Squad Black Tie Protection for $10/month, being promised that absolutely any problem you have - even if its your own fault, as long as you can bring us the phone (i.e.

not lost or stolen), we will immediately replace it. I brought it in because the phone kept randomly shutting down and repowering for no reason when the battery was fully charged. They told me if I wanted it immediately replaced (which I have been paying for this service for over a year) that all they have available is a downgrade to the Evo Shift. No, I dont want that.

Well, then it has to be "repaired." They sent my phone out for repair for 2-5 WEEKS and as part of the $10/month that is also supposed to include a loaner phone. What they don't tell you is that the loaner phone is a 1995 flip phone! So you're supposed to give up a $600 cell phone for a month (and still pay your cell carrier the full data charge etc.) and get this when it was originally sold to me to be an IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT? Not only did it take almost 2 hours of paperwork dropping the phone off and 2 hours picking it up when it had been "repaired," but my phone wasn't even fixed!!!

The same problem was still happening. I asked to speak with a store manager and all he offered to do was exactly what had originally been offered - exchange for a downgraded phone or send it in for repair for 2-5 weeks and hope they get it right this time! He said it would take FOUR QUALIFYING REPAIRS (FOUR times sending your phone in for 2-5 weeks per time with each time the phone being sent back to you, the issue not resolved before you would actually get a new phone). Do you believe this *** So, obviously, I was not satisfied with those results and continue to tell him how upset I am of this service and in the middle of speaking to me (this is a manager) he says, "Ok, this is enough at the store.

If you want to talk any further, you'll have to call our 1-800 number," and shoo'd me out of the store. Absolutely appalling. I hope he gets fired because that is the absolute worst customer service.

Also, I told the store manager (above him) about this and all she did was say sorry, but there was nothing she could do. Please don't buy anything at overpriced Best Buy and DEFINITELY do not buy their service contracts!

smedrik

Common sense is often omitted from warranties as it is understood by most people that if you are returning and item for money, you need to actually have the item.

I am not sure how your daughter managed to drop her phone on the road, however, that is her mistake.

In order to return or exchange an item, you need to have the item.

So you thought you could just go right into Best Buy and get a new phone....without the old one? Am I understanding this correctly?

If you didn't have to show the old phone, what's to stop someone from just coming back the next day and getting another new phone? Best Buy's protection plans are a rip off, but this situation is just a lack of common sense on your part.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy new name is Good Bye

Three weeks ago, I boutght a DVD player from bestbuy.com, to be picked up at the local store. I paid in full, including taxes, in advance, when I placed the order and I got an e-mail saying that I could pick it up at the store the following Monday. Seven e-mail messages later (three weeks later) I get a message saying that the item is not available and they offer me a refurbished player or to switch to a more expensive player. Another offer is to wait four more weeks (but they don't want to send me awritten confirmation about this offer) I check the besbuy web site and it still says that the item is available (I could place an order, no problems at all). When I tell B*st Buy that I will file a complaint with the District Attorney for deceptive advertisement, in a magic way the item is available at the local store (the one where I place the order to). I go to the office and they want me to pay again and they also want me to cancel the order. Fifty five minutes later, I get the item. For me, Best Buy has become Good Bye

Your new name is "Won't be missed".

Best Buy Employee Calls Customer a *** + ***

125 18th Street Jersey City, NJ 07310 (201) 792-8399 I went to best buy today to buy a Desktop and Laptop. When I got to the computer section a employee approached me and asked if i needed help. I said "no". Same Employee comes back and I asked him a question on the processors. I asked if he know if it was a dual-core he said he did not know. Then walks away. I picked a laptop and he comes back and told me about Clear 4G . I asked how fast is the 4G he said " I dont know" then showed me a youtube video. He insisted I buy it and try it out. I said no. This is when he called me a "***" then walked away He then approached me again when I went to get a desktop. I asked him if there was and i7 desktops he said "no". Walked away and said *** Hole" He lied to me =( there were i7 desktops. Asus Once he called me an *** I walked out with my laptop. I had to get another sales associate to make my purchase. Employee name :Joven ( Not sure but I got a good description of him) Race : Looked Hispanic / Black Hair: Curly afo like He wore his pants baggy and had his pants below his waste. You could see his boxer when he walked. Shirt untucked. He also had a darker uniform pants than the other employees. Questions to Best Buy " Where do did you get this employee off the streets?" " Why dont your sales reps have basic knowledge on computers?" " Who do I contact to report this guy?" If best buy checks security cameras it will show he approached him several times. Each time told him I didn ot want the product / don't need his assistance. Can someone help me with this issue? I want to contact Human Resources or someone who can help me report him.

@Best Buy how does he sound racist?

he pretty much accurately describe the employee.

His name is Joven.

He had other complaints from customers. Were short on staff and we only go through 3 day training.

If you want you can come bye at the Customer Service and I can help you file a complaint and have it sent to HR

@ Best Buy Dude seriously why do you care? Some people are not tech savy when it comes to certain products. That's what the employees job is to help the customer!

Questions for you:

"Hispanic/Black? WTF? You mean you can't tell the difference?"

"How many Hispanics do you know with afros?"

"Are you a racist pig? You really sound like one"

"Why can't you read the tags that are on the computer that will answer your processor questions?"

It sounds like you have a personal vendetta with this employee and you will not stop until he loses his job. Well maybe you should take your racist attitude to Wal-Mart and see how much their employees know about computers.

View more comments (2)