Never again to Best Buy!

I have NEVER encountered such a lack of customer service as I did today. I wanted to get a new HD for my MacBook. I brought my old HD as a sample. I waited in the store for 15 minutes - still no help. I asked for assistance...nothing. I looked for a HD by myself and found one - I was unsure of the connections and asked a representative if this HD was compatible with my old one. He said yes. I asked if I could open the box and make sure that the connections are right - he said NO. I told him that if he is right and the connections fit, I will buy this HD. His answer was NO, you are not allowed to do that. Fine. I went to Computer Advantage and bought my drive there,. NEVER EVER WILL I GO TO USELESS BESTBUY again. - I have spent around 10.000 there (office supplies, PCs etc) No more....NEVER AGAIN. Best Buy is USELESS!!

When the day comes that you own your own business you can choose to allow customers to open factory sealed items before purchase if you want. Until then, smart businesses will require they remain sealed until purchased.

If you aren't smart enough to know if the new hard drive has the right connectors, you aren't smart enough to install it yourself anyway.

Review
#242004 Review #242004 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
I purchased a Blackberry in mid-December at the store in Wyomissing Pennsylvania. The selling point of the Blackberry over any other smart phone was the fact that Best Buy offered a replacement warranty, not a service warranty. They did not offer you a refurbished...
Patrick

this guy doesn't make much sense. he's from the same area as me. he probably lives in the ghetto part of Reading.

View more comments
Best Buy Manager
Loss

Best Buy-Geek Squad rip off!

Best buy's reported company watchword is: "Thousands of possibilities" If this is so why has it been impossible to get them to stand behind their extended warantee. I have been unsuccessful in getting my computer fixed. I purchased an HP PC at the recommendation of a sales person since my laptop my only computer was going to be out of commission for two weeks. (It was being sent out to repair facility for repair) The HP PC has been in and out of the Geek squad repair service since November 2010 through June 2011, over 5 times for the same problem. I was sold Windows 7, new router, wireless booster, something new every time. Geek squad always finds a way to charge for something. I was told that I had to go back to Vista operating system by factory repair. Never should have had Windows 7 installed and besides Geek Squad Folsom CA store didn't install it correctly according to the Factory Geek Squad technicians. No two geek squad technician's agreed on what was needed to effect repairs on this computer that has never been functional for more than a month. Rude Geek Squad technicians. Corporate office ineffective. Only listen long enough to refer back to the offending store for assistance. No place to submit a formal complaint through corporate. I resolved my issue by going to Fry's Electronics in Sacramento and purchased a Lenovo PC. I will boycott Best Buy and HP for the rest of my life. It has been a nightmare!

BEST BUY DID NOT HONOR ADVERTIZED PRICE

went to Best Buys SARASOTA on Sunday 6/5/2011 to purchase a Palsma TV sales man was very frindley and helpfull when he recommed a samsung tv was at a sale price of $1249.00 I said ok I'll take the tv and audio dept sales manager said that was a tupe error and the price now is $2150.00 We complaine dlike *** but manager would not hourner the price this is bad business practice We wll never shop at best buys but will also complain to BBB. We have delt with Best Buys befor but never like this I think the store amanger is very rude.

It sounds like an error was made, I don't think it was any type of a scam. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

If he had told you that there was an error and the TV was $700, would you still be crying?

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy

Decided to purchase an ipad 2 3G while in the US, and went to the Best Buy in Baltimore. I was worried about the name, "ipad 2 Verizon", so I asked if it would work in Canada--was assured that it would! I cannot buy a dataplan for this device in Canada, and now there is no way to refund the $800 spent on this purchase!! I tried exchanging it at Best Buy in Canada, but apparently they are not linked to the US??? I tried calling the US customer service, but they will do nothing for me. I am not impressed. I will not buy anything from this store again.

Pressured? Don't you have enough balls to say no to a Best Buy salesman? Oh yeah, you're Canadian, so you don't have any balls at all.

I am unequivocally not impressed.

Unfortunately I didn't come across the verizon model in my quick look to see if the ipad2 worked in Canada. I read that the AT&T model works fine.

I was pressured into making this purchase by the salesperson, who should have told the truth, or said that he didn't know. I am equally not impressed.

Yeah, they should give you $800 for your used Ipad because you're too dumb to buy an Ipad in Canada that you want Canadian data service for.

I am not impressed.

View more comments (2)
Review

Refused to honor credit card for $.27 over limit. | Best Buy review from Palm Springs, California

went to Best buy to purchase GPS unit(Magellan 5045LM). credit card refused for $.27 overage! of course I did not purchase the $152.27 item. with customer service? like this you will soon go the route of Circuit CITY et al! and furthermore I found identical unit online for $10 cheaper. I think you know what you can do with your credit card. I have never missed or been late with payment,yet I am restricted to $150 limit. but this is ok. other retailers have identical items at competative cash prices. online retailers have much better prices and offer home delivery.

I don't have a job and don't like to work. Best Buy wouldnt take my Bridge card to let me buy an Xbox and stereo so I can lay around all day and play video games and eat cheetos while productive people are working.

This is all the company's fault! Sue them!

You just said you were OVER THE LIMIT!!!! LIMIT = the MAXIMUM you are able to finance.

pov9596

That isn't Best Buy's fault if you can't afford the item. I agree with Simon.

You are such a *** retard.

Maybe you can stop being such a degenerate and wait until you can pay for things before you buy them.

View more comments (3)
Product
Best Buy Credit Card

We now own 2 isignia less than 3 years broke | Best Buy review from Tampa, Florida

we were always very loyal to best buy..but NO MORE! they suk at customer service..you spend thousands a year in a store that does NOT stand behind products they sell...the extra warrantys are a sham and they take forever to TRY to fix anything! I wont be shopping there again ever! in recent years i figure they took us for about 5000.00 in electronics that dont even work now...so our most recent purchase a sony product...because of the black cloud over my head it broke on the 90th day...we called sonys 800 number on mothers day,they answered and set us up with local tech who called and came to house and basically replaced it!! sony is the way to go!!
Loss
oct 2007 worst buy in brick,n.j.purchased lcd tv at full sale price.opened the box at home only to discover ripped/loose/used packaging and greasy fingerprints on screen,marred/scratched surfaces on cabinet,all pointing to an obviously used/returned tv. next day took...

It's 2011 and Best Buy is still going strong. Looks like all those sales you denied them is really starting to show tragic effects.

View more comments
Best Buy Sales Manager

I am a fool | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

I have purchased cell phones, desk tops, lap tops, printers, scanners, service plans etc. from Best Buy and each and every time their sales reps and customer service has been dismal. After being transferred twice during a telephone conversation today with Geek Squad and being placed on-hold for over 45 minutes because the "Geeks" knew less about the programs and products that they sell and service than I do...it finally hit me, I am a fool. I have lost thousands of dollars over the years, I've learned my expensive lesson, I will never purchase another product or service plan from Best Buy again.

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with!! I bought a $600 Evo cell phone there a year ago and (STUPIDLY) agreed to their Geek Squad Black Tie Protection for $10/month, being promised that absolutely any problem you have - even if its your own fault, as long as you can bring us the phone (i.e.

not lost or stolen), we will immediately replace it. I brought it in because the phone kept randomly shutting down and repowering for no reason when the battery was fully charged. They told me if I wanted it immediately replaced (which I have been paying for this service for over a year) that all they have available is a downgrade to the Evo Shift. No, I dont want that.

Well, then it has to be "repaired." They sent my phone out for repair for 2-5 WEEKS and as part of the $10/month that is also supposed to include a loaner phone. What they don't tell you is that the loaner phone is a 1995 flip phone! So you're supposed to give up a $600 cell phone for a month (and still pay your cell carrier the full data charge etc.) and get this when it was originally sold to me to be an IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT? Not only did it take almost 2 hours of paperwork dropping the phone off and 2 hours picking it up when it had been "repaired," but my phone wasn't even fixed!!!

The same problem was still happening. I asked to speak with a store manager and all he offered to do was exactly what had originally been offered - exchange for a downgraded phone or send it in for repair for 2-5 weeks and hope they get it right this time! He said it would take FOUR QUALIFYING REPAIRS (FOUR times sending your phone in for 2-5 weeks per time with each time the phone being sent back to you, the issue not resolved before you would actually get a new phone). Do you believe this *** So, obviously, I was not satisfied with those results and continue to tell him how upset I am of this service and in the middle of speaking to me (this is a manager) he says, "Ok, this is enough at the store.

If you want to talk any further, you'll have to call our 1-800 number," and shoo'd me out of the store. Absolutely appalling. I hope he gets fired because that is the absolute worst customer service.

Also, I told the store manager (above him) about this and all she did was say sorry, but there was nothing she could do. Please don't buy anything at overpriced Best Buy and DEFINITELY do not buy their service contracts!!

Did you know best buy paid out like $45,000,000 plus to fulfill service plans last year

latoyaj

You're not a fool...you just got suckered in like the rest of us. But what's good is that you're letting the world know now.

Do what you can let EVERYONE KNOW. Best Buy continuously gets away with this stuff and even worse, people complain but continue to give them your money.

I say it's time for a mass boycott of these idiots... :(

John N

took you some time, but it's never too late to learn. Best Buy is not the same good store it started out to be.

Best to buy electronics and computers online or at a local computer store that gives good service. you may pay a bit more, but tis always better that way.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Sales Representative

Geeks squad Black Tie protection a joke | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

I have a MacBook air and have brought it in 3 times to the Geek Squad, They have no knowledge of the product and don't honor the replacement program. I will never buy another product from Best Buy in my life. They have performed software and hardware repairs and refuse to aknowlegde the problem.never again will I set foot in that store anfd they are arrogant and I don't like them anfd they don't like me or my kids or my wife...I could go on and on but I spent way too much time on this ***
pov9596

The plan isn't a replacement plan. Read the terms and conditions.