Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy Employee Calls Customer a *** + ***

125 18th Street Jersey City, NJ 07310 (201) 792-8399 I went to best buy today to buy a Desktop and Laptop. When I got to the computer section a employee approached me and asked if i needed help. I said "no". Same Employee comes back and I asked him a question on the processors. I asked if he know if it was a dual-core he said he did not know. Then walks away. I picked a laptop and he comes back and told me about Clear 4G . I asked how fast is the 4G he said " I dont know" then showed me a youtube video. He insisted I buy it and try it out. I said no. This is when he called me a "***" then walked away He then approached me again when I went to get a desktop. I asked him if there was and i7 desktops he said "no". Walked away and said *** Hole" He lied to me =( there were i7 desktops. Asus Once he called me an *** I walked out with my laptop. I had to get another sales associate to make my purchase. Employee name :Joven ( Not sure but I got a good description of him) Race : Looked Hispanic / Black Hair: Curly afo like He wore his pants baggy and had his pants below his waste. You could see his boxer when he walked. Shirt untucked. He also had a darker uniform pants than the other employees. Questions to Best Buy " Where do did you get this employee off the streets?" " Why dont your sales reps have basic knowledge on computers?" " Who do I contact to report this guy?" If best buy checks security cameras it will show he approached him several times. Each time told him I didn ot want the product / don't need his assistance. Can someone help me with this issue? I want to contact Human Resources or someone who can help me report him.

@Best Buy how does he sound racist?

he pretty much accurately describe the employee.

His name is Joven.

He had other complaints from customers. Were short on staff and we only go through 3 day training.

If you want you can come bye at the Customer Service and I can help you file a complaint and have it sent to HR

@ Best Buy Dude seriously why do you care? Some people are not tech savy when it comes to certain products. That's what the employees job is to help the customer!

Questions for you:

"Hispanic/Black? WTF? You mean you can't tell the difference?"

"How many Hispanics do you know with afros?"

"Are you a racist pig? You really sound like one"

"Why can't you read the tags that are on the computer that will answer your processor questions?"

It sounds like you have a personal vendetta with this employee and you will not stop until he loses his job. Well maybe you should take your racist attitude to Wal-Mart and see how much their employees know about computers.

View more comments (2)
Review
Terrible sales people in the TV department at Best Buy in Cary, NC! I went in to purchase an AV Receiver to use with my new TV I purchased a few weeks ago at another Best Buy. I was approached by a female associate and was asked if I had any questions. I asked a...

I have similar experience with sale people of best buy ,not only dont know nothing if not they dont attend you ,ahh and of course the manager always is in vacations.Compusa they are the same ***.I think that when you go to

work to one of this stores you receive a training or something .Aparrently more retard you are you are the best candidate to work in this stores.

View more comments
Service
Best Buy Sales Manager

Best Buy in Lavaca, Arkansas - New htc-surround phone no help

i was given a phone for birthday 3-20-2011 bought on3-15-2011 and activated a week later.i overnite charge and phone dies on 2 calls or less of 10 + minutes.i took to best buy and asked for any help but told 'WE SELL NOT REPAIR OR REPLACE".YOU NEED TO RESOLVE YOURSELF !!.I AM IN NEED OF PHONE NOT BUY EACH MONTH.I WILL NEVER GIVE IN TO THIS TYPE OF ROBBERY.I ASKED FOR BATTERY,''NO' WAS THE REPLY.I WAS TOLD TO CALL HTC OR AT&T THEY MIGHT HELP BUT WE CANNOT!!!.i have never made over 3-4 calls a day and this phone is in car in daytime and inhouse on charge at nite.please tell me this phone can be used more than this!
Loss

Best Buys price match policy sucks

Best Buys touts their price match policy as a reason to buy from them. Just bring in the paper where you saw it cheaper and they will refund the deference and more. I recently bought a camera and in order to take advantage of a saving on a lens I had to buy a package. 2 days later the same package was 50 dollars cheaper in a local store. Best Buys response " we don't price match packages" although it was the same package they sold me. I think this is underhanded to a point of a scam by Best Buy.

I purchased the ipad 2 five days before the black friday. Guess what best buy lower the price for $45.00.

I went to best buy demanding my $45.00 but they did not give it to me because of black friday 3 days discount price and not fair for people staying in line to buy the ipad 2. I told the manager this is not my fault, it is your fault by lowering the price. I am demanding my $45.00.My ipad 2 is still under 14 days return policy but I have to restore my ipad2 and return it. It does not make sense.

I wish the hire smart manager at best buy or the best buy policy is ***. I returned my ipad 2 for full refund and purchase the same one at the same store and they gave me a new one. Best Buy management, do you think this is the smart thing to do, explain it to me if you read this comment. Do you think you are the only one player?

We have fry's which have better service and policy and better management. This is going to be my last shopping at best buy. If you have better price than Fry's all I have to do bring best buy ad to frys and for sure they will match the price without giving a hard time.

I read number 6 comment by the best buy, I am not sure who is the person responded to these comment but let me tell you, your answer is worse than 5 years old kid. If you read my comment, the local best buy manager is worse than 5 years old kid.

BEST BUY PRICE MATCH

I purchased a computer at Best Buy for $1100.00. The same computer went on sale at Best Buy ($100 Cheaper) 13 days after my purchase.

I returned to best buy on day 16 for a price match. Was told that I only have 14 days for a price match and I was outside my warranty period. Wow..

Sams, Walmart all have 30 days or more...Best Buy.......... What a RIP OFF!!!

I thought we were talking a "Best Buy scam here"?

You're such a ***

I have had a number of exchanges with Best Buy in the last few days and I am happy to say that this problem has been satisfactorily resolved. I must say that they listened, investigated and decided based on the information at hand and the staff at the local store that Best Buy should Match the Price at the local store. I am very satisfied with their response.

Seems like very few of the Best Buy employees know this fact that Best Buy does not price match packages, as the sales person that sold me the package explained that they would price match it if I found it cheaper. So they don't even make it clear to your own employees. Or are we talking a Best Buy scam here?

We don't match packages. We thought we had made this clear.

Most 5 year olds would understand that.

"underhanded to a point of a scam by Best Buy." Yep, you caught us.

This was underhanded to a point of a scam. You got it...

View more comments (6)

Best Buy Rudeness

I needed a Mac cable so I walked into the Minnetonka, MN location of Best Buy with my laptop under my arm. I asked the man at the entrance for a piece of marker tape (they use the tape so as not to confuse customer property with the store's inventor). He glanced at the laptop (2008 MacBook Pro) and said "You don't need a marker for that. We don't sell relics here", turned his back then laughed LOUDLY with two other employees. How do you they find these guys? Is there a stipulation that you must be void of courtesy to work at Best Buy? I try not to shop at Best Buy because the customer service is so poor, but I was in a rush for a VGA adapter and they were on the way. The adapter worked well as I gave a presentation (on my relic) to a University of Minnesota class filled with engineers and technical communication students. They are also consumers. I opened the presentation with "I just bought this adapter from Best Buy. Here's what happened when I walked in to their store..."

Thanks for the nice post, Geek Squad.

But, in my experience, that level of poor customer interaction is inordinately high compared to other companies. I think the amount of Best Buy complaints found on this board and the seven others I posted to attest to the same experience. Customers will have complaints no matter where they shop...but they're about product, or warranty or something tangible - almost never with the staff's attitude.

And business plans fail based on the answer "don't shop at that location again." Don't ask the customer to repair the problem.

Thanks again for the response. Geek Squad has helped me (and my company) with a number of computer situations.

I do not think that is very common. Sorry about the rude customer service.

I know my store our manager gets upset if a customer is upset. So dont shop at that Best Buy again but do not let it ruin your image of Best Buy.

Best Buy in Washington, District Of Columbia - Sold me a bad tv

i bought a insigna tv from best buy in nov. we took set to lake house and used it for 4 days. we disconnected tv (as adviced) and closed up house. the house is climate controlled.we return in april, reconnected tv. set was not able to get signal. finally after talking to geek squad the set got a picture. the problem was everyone was green. there was no red in set. we return to best buy for a exchange but manager was rude. best buy shipped the set away for repair. so now i have no tv for 30 days or more. read the details of your 2 year warranty.best buy does not stand behind their own brand, we will not buy from them again. beware best buy

They are sending your TV away for repairs. It sounds like they are taking care of you. It's not like they told you to get lost.

Don't buy ipad 2 from Best Buy

i was told i had to pre-order ipad 2 and give $100.00 deposit and i would be contacted when arrived. i asked the girl how long the wait would be she said she didn't know. i said, "do you think it will be a month?" she immediately said, "NO!" Now Over a month later I'm still waiting. I called after 3weeks to see where i was on the list and was told there were 3 people on the list and i was number 1 so when they came in i would definitely get one so i said o.k. then i saw that another store had the model i wanted and asked them to call and see if i could have that one and they refused so i called and was told they were holding it for an event. so i called today because on the internet site it said they had my model in was told they didn't and when i asked where i was on the list-just to double check- i was told i am now number 4 of 5 people waiting. When i asked how i went from number 1 to number 4 the employee was rude and when i asked to speak to someone else she slammed the phone down in my ear and hung up on me. They are totally unprofessional and I can't understand why they are still in business-- i will make it my goal to close them down!!!
bob the scammed

why does best buy have so many refurbised insigna products. just maybe insigna=junk. if you do business with best buy, beware the fine print

I think you are too nice in your story telling. I bet when you asked her if it would be a month, she responded with "NNNNOOOOOOO YOU *** *** ***!!!!! STOP *** BOTHERING ME YOU PIECE OF ***!!!!!

That sounds more believable. Also when you politely and innocently asked to speak to someone else, she yelled FFFUUUUCCKKK YOU!!!! into the phone and slammed it down.

Keep us updated on your goal of putting them out of business. I'm sure they will start reporting record decreases in sales once you get your hands on them.

Best Buy in Mckinney, Texas - Advertising phone calls

We have received two calls - less than 5 minutes apart from foreign call centers - during the dinner hour. We will not shop with you until you bring these jobs back to the U.S. Your call centers hang up before we can register our phone number for removal from your call lists. This is totally disgusting. We have our own business and pride ourselves with our customer service - all native Americans and of course English speaking. You are not saving dollars by using foreign call centers - you are losing a customer base that is totally disgusted with large corporations taking their customer base for granted. Even if we could understand what these people have to say, we would not be interested in their promtional dialogue.
Review

Best Buy in Elkhart, Indiana - Very poor customer service, they did not listen to your complaint.

Very poor customer service, did not listen to the problem, and did nothing to help resolve the problem. Manager was a joke,. Just wanted to sell software. Laptop had issues, Best Buy stated they found no virus but Windows7 corrupt and needed to be reinstalled for $ 130. No way, Laptopis only 4 months old. Was not happy, and stated so many times. Left unhappy. Took laptop elswhere, two virus found on laptop, and windows 7 was just fine. I wonder if they even looked at the issue. Will not do business with them again unless required with warranty, if forced to do so.

I suppose Best Buy put those viruses on your computer as well?

Best Buy had no Ipads - Deceptive Advertizing

After reading the Best Buy ad this last Sunday, I went to my local store to buy an Ipad2 that they said they had in limited quanities. The sales person said they did not have any in stock. I said your ad stated that you had them for sale today. They said their store did not recv any and neither did the Reno store. Just happens my son-in-law in Los Angeles, Calif went to 4 differnt stores and got the same story. These guys are real slime balls. I will never buy another item from that store..ever.

I agree with the above post. Almost every company ad is created in advanced as agreed upon with the manufacturers.

The manufacturers pay to have their product placed in those locations in the ad.

If the company were to "change" the ad to reflect that product they have in stock, they would no longer have the backing of said manufacturer. It is regrettable that the company can't control natural disasters and can not ignore the poverty that just struck so the iPad could be conveniently available, but unfortunately, it is a reality.

Ads are created in advance in accordance to agreements with the manufacturers of the products. Too bad the natural disasters put a wrench in the production of iPads. This is something that no one had any control over and at the local store here they allowed to reserve one for when they are available again.