Filter by rating :
filters

Bestbuy Black TIE | Best Buy review from Fairfield, California

I bought black tie protection like 10 months ago with bestbuy for my iphone4, at that time, i have been approached by the sale's person about the black tie protection plane, and the way he described made it look a comprehensive plane that covers everything except for theft. It sounded good yet expensive, more expensive than any other plans in insurance market, around 17$ a month. I bought the plane, cause i have been told that coverage includes exchanging my phone for a new out of the box one (box and accessories are not included, just the handset, for a 800$ worth phone at that time I really sounds appealing. i went last week to the shop, and asked about the exchange policy if i break the phone or my phone get damaged, i have been told by the sales person there, that yes they will exchange the phone for me but only with refurbished phone (OHH MY GOD that's how I felt) not new one. i have been given wrong misleading information when i bought the protection( what so called BLACK TIE), i feel so cheated and so *** now, paying around 170$ in payments for that coverage plan, and get at the end if needed refurbished phone that does not worth it at all. I i knew at the time i bought the phone, that if something happened to my phone i will be getting refurbished phone, i would have never ever ever think of buying such a *** deal. BESTBUT< you are the WORST worstbuy ever, this would be the last time i buy anything from you guys. SKAMERES

being smart or not is not an issue when reading, fine lines in 20 pages plan, in 2 minutes before you decide to join or not, they are not going to provide you with chair and cup of tea to sit and read the terms, and once you leave the worstbuy, you cant ask to join the *** blacktie. so u tell me if you would have that time to spend cause i don't.

yes it would be okay with me to pay another 800$, knowing i chose to do so, not forced by big scam.

Oh I'm sorry, would you rather pay $800 for a new phone? Go ahead! :grin

Like he said he what is written in the paper! :roll

So you are smart enough to navigate this website and post a complaint but not smart enough to read terms of conditions on a protection plan?

View more comments (4)

Best Buy (Worst Buy) Horrible Customer Service

After being in customer care (20+ years , rep, supervisor, trainer, director) Best (Worst) Buy proved over the last 2 days that the author of the book "Your Call is Not that Important to Us" was right. The call center in KY with there assistant to the supervisors like Chris, Cindy (she was the worst) and Theresa the supposed Consumer Relations person that put me on hold for over 30 minutes and then I'm transferred back to call center in KY. All I can say is Best Buy (Worst) has the most horrific after the buy service in the world.
#320965

What a dumb comment by Simon.

The complaint was written on a website called pissedconsumer.

WTF are you doing reading it then?

He should stf. lol.

Your just mad because you know that you do not have the power to hurt their market share. They don't care if they loose you as a customer because when 1 customer leaves many others join.

If you were really in the customer service field for 20+ years you would know that corporations do not care about customers service. It's all about giving insincere apologizes and lets help the next customer because we have tons

What a dumb complaint.

Just shut up.

Service
Best Buy Customer Care

Run Away As Fast As You Can, Now!!! | Best Buy review from Haslet, Texas

Based on multiple experiences that have left me feeling the need to vomit this post came about for you to see. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Has anyone ever held a contest to decide which Best Buy store is the worst? I did not think so and can't blame you. Why you ask? Because the Best Buy store on Heritage Trace Fort Worth TX is so bad no other Best Buy can compete. Congratulations to the Best Buy Heritage Trace location in beautiful Ft. Worth TX for achieving this status. Out of all the Best Buys in the world this one is the worst I have ever been in. Congratulations Heritage Trace as your store wins!

I agree. I have tried to call them 6 times today. Rang for 20 minutes plus each time with no answer. And no, they are not having phone problems.

Called another location and got an answer right away.

And they conveniently have some "issue" with their website so you are unable to post a review. Apparently that is their way of dealing with negative reviews.

It's not just the location you went to, the overall quality of service they provide is worst than an outsourced overseas call center.

No, but if we had a contest for dumbest, most pointless complaint, I would sure nominate this one.

Warranty Scam | Best Buy review from Fayetteville, North Carolina

I wanted to let someone Know that I will no longer purchase from Best Buy. I also intend to let everyone I can know that the warranty that Best Buy touts at the time of sale is Garbage. I purchased a car audio head unit in October of last year and purchased the extended warranty per the salesman's suggestion. He told me if it breaks just bring it in and we will replace it. Well it broke and I took the unit in. It turns out that Sony has dis-continued the model I bought. They did replace the unit with a new sony. When I got it home I realized that it only had 1 set of RCA cables and I had configured my system to run off front and rear RCA's. I took it back and the only one that they had in the store that matched the options and RCA connections I had was $200.00 more than I had paid for the original unit. I had now wasted an entire Saturday trying to use the warranty that I was told would take care of any issues I had. The told me if I left the unit they would order me one that was less of a stereo but had 2 sets of RCA's. I explained to him that I drive this truck over the road during the week and could not be without it. One channel was better then no channels. I asked him to order me a unit and I would come in and swap when I got back. He said that was not possible. He had to have my unit before he would order me a new one. Well it was 8:00 pm by now and I gave up. I will make sure that I post this on every public web site I can just to keep anyone else form wasting their money and time at Best Buy. Best Buy made the deal with Sony, not me. But in the end they made Sony my problem.

It ainted a extended warranty, its a protection plan! Read the paper!

In all honesty best buy didn't lie to you, They promised you a new unit an that's what's you got a new unit. The company can't control what the manufacturer makes and technology changes so rapidly that new products are coming out constantly and older products are getting discontinued. The warranty isn't a scam and if you read the terms and conditions after purchasing one it would all make sense.

Alan C

While 99% of the time I would castigate BBY and its plans, this is a bit different. the fact that the store swapped a unit was admirable.

Legally, they could have sent it to the mfr to get repaired - you may have been better off. Replacement after the mfr warranty is usually done with a gift card. The ONLY monies the GSBBRP is liable for is the amount of the purchase, not a dime more. When technology changes and you have a unique product, well, thems the breaks.

If not user induced, you could have sent it out for repair (if it wasn't totally fried). Every single retail extended plan has the same clause/conditions.

Service
Best Buy Deal
Loss

Best Buy sells used washing machine to senior citizen

My mother, who is 70 years old, went to Best Buy in Riverside California on Tyler street to purchase a washing machine that was on sale for 249.99. The washing machine was a floor model and the sales girl dd not explain to my senior mother what a floor model was. Since they wanted to charge $69.99 for delivery, we told them we would pick it up ourselves. My mother had to hire someone to pick up the washing machine, which was cheaper than what BESY BUY was going to charge her. My mother used the washing machine that same evening and it was not working properly; The water in the tub was only filling up half way and the spin cycle did not spin the water out of the clothes. My mom called and complained about it not working and she was told that she was not allowed to exchange it for the same model same price because the sale ended the day prior, but they would sell her a different washing machine that was about $100.00 more. I thought something was just not right so I drove to BEST BUY myself and asked why they would not exchange the washing machine for another one just like it. Come to find out, the washing machine was actually a used washing machine, HMMM,, ya think that maybe the sales girl should explain to a senior citizen that is 70 years old that the floor model was actually used and not new? The salesman I spoke with, NATHAN, told me that the washing machine had been sold brand new and the first owners had brought it back the same day because it wasn't working properly, therefore since it was a floor model/open box washing machine, they were not allowed to exchange it. So I guess that means they just put it back on the floor waiting for someone else to purchase it without repairing it. The sales girl who sold the washing machine to my mom was actually a very friendly girl however she left out the main point, "THE WASHER WAS USED NOT NEW". I think they should have made good on the wahing machine and just exchanged it and they also should have told her from the beginning it was a used washing machine. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of electronixs as well as CD's etc from BEST BUY, however I will never shop there again,

geddojngfelfje :eek :eek :upset :upset :sigh :sigh :( :( :upset :upset :zzz :zzz :cry :cry :? :? :) :) :grin :grin

It was probably sold so cheap because it was sold as an open box item. It can't be exchanged because they don't have another open box washer. It's really that simple.

Review

Best buy has very bad service bad computer and no rfund

I purchased a computer at bestbuy on7/5 and got a ceredit card that day , the very next day I paid off that computer, though i reaaly really wished i had not, because i returned the computer 2 days later and they charged by account for it and i have been trying to call them since but they refuse to refund me that amount jiuohrwue709t[uj4' cm0-k0 vo5[tjm;5yi 54 6bv 24by47b6v5436 b57u46 nytr bv6547246 bv347v24b7435r NDX8O49Y637C 2 NC59U2889VC4YU N 4JVC5YO63 BVC5O25G872BD XFFWESNHIZY KJHNKJNM ,GIVE ME MY MONEY BAC GIVE ME MY MONEY BAc give me my money bac

What this means if they you have credit on your credit card. As such, you should be able to contact your credit card company and they will send you a check for the amount that you have a credit for.

The charge usually takes a couple of days to go through, then the refund can take around a week to show up.

Patience is a virtue. If they fail to provide said refund persist, if they did it, contact HSBC, which I believe is the issuer of their cards.

I'm a bit confused by your poor writing. Are you saying that you purchased the computer with your new credit card, then paid off the credit card balance, and that when you returned the computer they credited the purchase price to your credit card?

If so, that is standard procedure at most stores.

Any credit is done in the same form that the original purchase was made, in your case, you used a credit card, so the refund goes to the credit card. And seriously, you didn't expect them to gice you cash for a purchase 3 days before that was made with a credit card did you?

My god, learn how to spell. My 4 year old nephew can has better spelling and grammar than you.

If that is the extent of your English, you should be too embarrassed to read, write, or even speak it.

Stole my drivers licence | Best Buy review from Winchester, Virginia

on 7/19/11 i visited my local best buy in winchester,va to honor a geek squad protection plan on my phone they refered to the celluar phone desk where i was introduced to a very large and very smelly deryl who did happen to help fixing my phone but failed to return my drivers licence to me. i called that night and they said it would be at the ap desk and that is was ok for my uncle to pick it up for me when my uncle arrived to retrive it they told him that it wasnt there and that they couldnt give it to him anyways so i returned today 07/20/11 and now they cannot find it but karen the not so very helpful sales assc. remembers seeing it. but is now nowhere to be found..

You make no sense. If he left his ID, thats his fault.

And they were protecting his info.

by not releasing his ID to his uncle. If it was gone when he went back, its not because someone stole it, that's seriously just dumb.

It is the responsibility of the store to take due care with consumer information.

My local Best Buy has just refused to accept material unopened for return unless I put my driver's license in the database, a policy which they did not disclose prior to purchase. No way I let these clowns have confidential info.

Businesses like Best Buy which consistently abuse consumers should be sued by some consumer protection group.

Why would they steal you license, more likely someone threw it away. And why do you refer to Karen as the "not so helpful sales assc.?" Ultimately it is your fault that you didn't get it back.

why didn't you ask for your drivers license back? you should have been paying attention

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy will not honor warranty!

DO NOT purchase an extended warranty from Best Buy! If they try to sell you the 'Accidental Damage from Handling' warranty DON'T-- They will tell you 'even if your kids spill a drink on a laptop they will cover or replace it--' well that's *** and they will find a way to keep from covering it! Steer clear of Best Buy!!! The warranty also states it but now they will not cover it! It doesn't have any exclusions on my paper work but they have another book at the store that's excluding it--go figure. Very disappointed!

you're an ***. if you have the geek squad product replacement plan added on to your best buy warranty, then if you damage it(by spilling anything on it), they replace it.

it's as simple as that. if the damage is minor such as a shorted out keyboard, they will replace the keyboard free of charge. if the damage is extensive such as a shorted out motherboard then they will replace your laptop. you're a liar and an ***.

my guess is that either your insurance is up when you took it to then or you made up some *** story and they didn't believe you. remember, it's an insurance policy so you better get your facts straight which you obviously have not.

thanks for the laugh though. ***.

Sorry but I agee with the person who posted this!!! Their warrantys are a joke!! I just learned first hand with my camera and my supposly"black tie warranty!!" plan on reporting them to the better business bureau!!!

Well ***- no they didn't- and yeah they told me it was-- nope the 'book' the warranty company has isn't what they go by. But thanks, glad to know you were there and KNOW YOUR FACTS! There wasn't viruses- you couldn't get the *** thing to even come on retard!

it does cover spills. so you're actually the liar.

If the hardware is damaged because of a spill, then yea, it would be covered. if they find other problems, such as a virus, or a software related issue, even if you did spill something on it, the software is not covered.

so get your facts straight. and the "book" you refer to is easily availble to all customers.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Do NOT bother with Geek Squad Whole Home tech Support Bundle | Best Buy review from New York, New York

After getting a virus on my PC that locked me out of the internet, I called the Geek Squad for help. After quoting me a ridiculous price ($200 to drag my hard drive in to the store- more for someone to make a home visit) - they talked me into investing in their new Whole Home tech support bundle, promising that for a $69.99 down payment and $19.99 a month fee (and 1-year commitment)- they could fix my problem. It seemed cheaper than the $200- but then I find out that only offers a "discount" on virus removal. AND- they are only available via phone Mon-Fri 9-6 (when most of us are working!). I ended up finding the steps to fix the problem myself online.... something the Geeks could easily have helped me with in a couple of minutes. Instead they choose to try to extort more money. This is a total and complete RIP OFF. Don't fall for it like I did.

I just got the whole home bundle too and it has worked just fine. In the email they send it has everything in there to contact a technician 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Better than spending a boatload on a one time fix and spend the same for unlimited.....seems like user error to me duhh lol

This is not true...i have the service and it has been great...it is over the phone and remote support..including unlimited virus removals. When a tech takes over the computer to fix a problem you can talk to them 24/7. There is a button that says call technician

First of all, learn how to use the internet and you won't have to worry about viruses.

Second, don't worry about anyone else falling for this. I don't think anyone is that dumb.

Geek Squad the name fits | Best Buy review from Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

A friend of my sons had a problem with her computer at college and the parents thought they were smart in getting geek squad support, on the first crash she entered the squad realm who told her the motherboard was broken and needed to be replaced, 5 minutes on the phone with me from another hemisphere, a boot into safe-mode and a system restore had her back to where she was, i do not think the motherboard was broken, 2 years later and still running fine. Save your money keep your old computer to access the internet and Google your problem most fixes are available.