Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Best Buy lies again during a sale - I got Screwed!!!

I purchased a 2300$ Television from Best Buy in their Magnolia Department. I was very hesitant to spend that kind of money on a television. In fact, my wife and I had only 1K to spend. The sales guy turned us on to the 600Hz Plasma, Samsung, beautiful TV. He told me to get the Black Tie Protection,"anything happens to the TV your covered". It will be replaced or fixed. So I financed the TV with 0% interest, why not, we'd most likely have it payed off in a few months. We really liked the picture, and our daughter (age 3) loved the 3D component. You know the rest of the story, three months later, I now have a massive black spot on the left side of the screen, with no idea of what has caused it. I called the Dork Squad, as they told me to do if I have a problem, and the tech that came out said that this is an impact related issue and they cannot cover the damage. The TV is only 3 months old, I still owe 2700$ bucks after you add in the total sale for the glasses the cords the 3d blue ray player. I got Completely screwed. The salesmen straight up lied to my face, he said anything happens, dropped, kicked, pissed on, the protection plan covers it. That was an additional 300$ and its as worthless as the entire Best Buy Corporation. I have spent thousands of dollars with that company and its over now.

This is true from almost all warranties from all stores, they don't cover physical damage. You were more than welcome to read the warranty before you purchased it.

It would have taken less time than writing this complaint.

Next time take better care of you items. You can't damage your things and expect someone else to pay for it.

Loss

Best Buy review in Culver City, California: They do not honor in store or online prices!

Online I found 46" Sony NSX-46GT1 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV for $598.99. When I decided to buy,it had expired. A week or so later,it appeared again. I went to the store to check it out before purchasing. The sign on the product had the exact same price. I completed the new Best Buy credit card application since they offered a promotion of $20. Now it is time to buy and the employee says, this was a "Corporate wide error" and they did not fulfill any orders at this price. I find this hard to believe since it was offered twice online and in the store.Did anyone else purchase this? What a waste of time!They offered it for $900,what a deal, thanks again FOR NOTHING!

Wow youre common sense is staggering to think a buisiness thrives by selling a product cheaper than what they buy it for. :roll

Service
Best Buy Deal

Best Buy stinks--don't shop there

I bought a Hoover Platinum vacuum cleaner at Best Buy. This is an excellent vacuum but requires bags. Later I returned several times to buy more bags, they were always out of stock. Finally I politely asked a salesperson to check inventory and make sure, explaining I had already made several trips to the store. The salesperson refused, rudely. I then tried to buy them on Best Buy's website and discovered: Cost of bags: $4.99 each. Shipping charges: $4.99 PER BAG! I then tried the site's chat function, was connected to an agent but got no reply to my question! Needless to say I bought the bags elsewhere.

Just stick the vacuum hose up your *** *** then begin to breath out. That should work. Or I can come over take a *** in your vegetable crisper.

Best Buy sells vac bags?? Huh, I wonder how many people actually go to Best Buy to get vac bags :grin

Here's a novel idea, Buy a canister or bagless vac. There problem solved!

No need to :cry about it just go to another store to get the bags.

As for the first commenter BY BY BB, Post a new review. No need to post a new un related subject on this post, Makes you look like a Jack *** Just sayin.....

12/2011 - Husband paid cash for an iPad and case for me as a Christmas gift. 1 wk later I took it back to get a 64 GB - they didn't have any in stock; neither did the 3 other stores in our area.

I requested a refund and they told me anything over $500 will have to be refunded in the form of a check. FOR A CASH PURCHASE YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR A REFUND CHECK IN THE MAIL. I, too, will be sharing my story with friends/family/co-workers/anyone who will listen. I've read similar posts to where BB has delayed return of funds from returns.

Hopefully this means they are on their way to going out of business. This is one store I WILL NOT feel sorry to see it go.

lol @ durr. that was wrong of the salesperson though

And what makes you think you have to buy the bags at best buy?

Just buy them somewhere else, like Wal-Mart. Durr

@Simon

Read the post Op states bought elsewhere durrr

View more comments (5)

Best Buy Will Not Fix My Girlfriend's Laptop

Update by user Sep 05, 2011

A month later and Bestbuy has still refused to repair or replace the laptop, as well as do any more tests on it for free. The problem fixed it self and as I\'ve stated in the comments below:

\"I just found out that most laptops come with a factory installed backup feature that Best Buy just so happened to not mention. I backed it up, doing almost the same thing they wanted $126 dollars for, for free.\"

Original review posted by user Aug 05, 2011

Last April, my girlfriend bought a $600 dollar Lenovo Laptop. They wanted another 100/200 dollars to get a warranty on it, but they didn't have the money at the time.They came back less then a month later to buy the warranty for both software damage and hardware damage (Virus and physical damage), the $200 dollar additional package. Her and I play games together on it. We were played mainly two games, that worked fine until last month. Anything that changed the computer's screen resolution would cause the keyboard to stop functioning. So we took it into Geek Squad last month, and they did a virus scan and found nothing. They then said they'd need to take the laptop for 24 to 48 hours to run 4 hard drive scans. If all of those scans came up negative, they said they'd replace the laptop. 4 negative hard drive scans later and they say it's a problem with Windows, and wanted another $126 dollars to re-install it. How could they charge us another $126 dollars on top of the $800 dollars we paid for the laptop and advance coverage? We got the laptop back without anything done to it and us left with little options, and still a broken laptop. I am very unsatisfied with Best Buy and Geek Squad and will NEVER buy a laptop or computer from them again.

You should try to stuff that laptop up your girlfriends ni g g er a ss hole. I bet it will fit.

it happened to me trhee times in a row

thats why you take it into the parking lot and physically demolish the computer "accidentally" and make it a physical problem that would be unrepairable....new computer

Alan C

Your Bleak Squad warranty doesn't cover software issues. That's why they're charging you.

You're covered for damage/spills for years 1&2 and year 2 for any other hardware malfunction. Cancel the plan.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy review in Overland Park, Kansas: Warranty missell

they talked me into an accident covered warranty.. which mean they would fix or replace it at no cost..now they are saying only if something happens to the hardware not software.. dont ever buy a warranty thru them cuz they dont back there stuff up.. if you want someone that will back there stuff up go somewhere else.. they mis sold me something that may never be used again.. they say that hp will back the hardware up for a year and i got a 2 year warranty passed that but only says until 2013 how does that add up..

Sounds as if you got the virus from those websites that have movies of men with big tastee D I C Ks in their mouths and rumpHoles.

Did it turn you on? I want to plaster your face with my Hot ManGravy...you will be my ***

PS... :eek FA GgOT!

agree with "Really" about the gibberish & the virus. Accidental coverage is not covered by most manufacturers and it sounds like thats what you paid for. They use to have a plan that covers software if you had them install the antivirus.

Alan C

You paid for year 1 & 2 of damage/spills coverage and year 2 for any electrical electronic failures. You already get one year from mfr for latter.

No extended plan covers software issues - some have separate service fees for that.

Unless you think you're prone to dropping it, cancel the plan. Pure ripoff.

Soo from the gibberish you wrote I guess you got a virus and now youre screwed. Dont see how its their at fault if you downloaded something you shouldnt have. :cry

View more comments (3)

Best Buy review in Spring, Texas: Burn so Many Times by the Crooks

I have not walked into a Best Buy in years. I promised my self never to shop with these criminals again, after being lied to by their sales group and ignored by the customer service department, store manager, customer support hotline. These Bastards are a bunch of criminals in my opinion and I have not walked in a Best Buy store now for over three years. They never ever lived up to anything they promised after they sold a product to me when I needed support. To He** with Worst Buy. Crooks, Crooks, Crooks, Crook, Criminals, Criminals, Criminals, Criminals in my opinion.

I agree they are crooks. And truly, word of mouth can hurt them. I personally tell all my family and friends do not go to best buy.

Trust me, you are not missed. Best Buy doesn't give a rat's *** about you, but by your posting, it is clear you still have feelings for them. Get help.

Service
Best Buy Manager
Loss

Best Buy review in Denver, Colorado: Refused to exchange product damaged before use

My husband and I purchased thousands of $$$ in entertainment components at Best Buy. Waited for our entertainment center to be finished before using. Could not even hook up till entertainment center was completed. 3d glasses damaged...no exchange. LCD/LED line through picture appeared at day 40 after purchase...repaired by Geek Squad rather than exchanged. When asked if they'd rather not have our business, manager said he didn't care one way or the other. For the sake of a $15 pair of glasses they prefer to lose business. WOW! I say we help them out of business.

I purchased a panasonic 37inch TV from local best buy store. I wanted that particular model because it was only 35 inch wide, which fits right in the cabinet I have.

I paid $529 for it. when I went home i found out they gave me the wrong TV, LG 36inch wide, which will not fit. I took it back right away. I found out that the panasonic i originally selected is out of stock.

Salesman said he found a replacement which is samsung and checked dimension on the internet and it should fit. They just did not have one on display for me to measure because it is a new arrival. I took his word, paid $43 more for the samsung, went home and found out that TV dimension were still larger than I required. I put the TV back in the box and wend back to best buy but they will not return it because they found a crack on the screen.

Now honestly I did not do anything to crack that TV, did not plug it in, nor did it fit the width of the cabinet. I couldn't tell nor best buy can prove whether I cracked it or it might have been cracked when I got it. They refused to make any compromise or accept responsibility for their salesman mistake in the first place.

I ended up leaving the TV at the store because it will work at all and left with a loss of $680. It will take me a while to pay it off and the disappointment will stay with me forever.

COLDDDD BLOOODED :eek

Oh and by the way....EVERYONE SPENDS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AT BEST BUY. Don't act like your the only one, freak.

Glasses were "broken" when you took them out of the box. Right

I agree with Simon. It's people like you who think everything is owed to them.

They fixed your TV, what is the problem? If your fuel pump goes out on your car 40 days after purchase, they're going to fix it, not give you a brand new car.

If $15 shouldn't be a big deal to Best Buy, it shouldn't be a big deal to you.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy Reward Zone Program

When I signed up for the reward zone program - the regular one - not the credit card one , I was supposed to get a card. A couple days passed and I didn't get it. So I called my local store and they said I should get it in 7-10 days. BUT I DIDN'T!!??? So I went into the store and asked customer service why I didn't get the card? The guy at the desk didn't know anything. But he said that when i buy something i could give them my tel. number and they will give me the points. ( you can print a replacement card online)

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this. You get it at the time you sign up. Calm down, for reals

they give you a card at the moment you sign up. maybe they put it in the bag and you accidently through it away?

why are you so worried about it?

its not like you paid anything for it, its free. silly :P

Review

Best Buy doesn't deliver what you order

We ordered a washing machine from Best Buy and when it didn't arrive, we called the company and were told we had to go into the store. At the store, we were told that machine had sold out, so they tried to sell us a more expensive machine. Finally, they agreed to provide a similar washing machine for the same price. The manager called to the warehouse himself to make sure it was physically there. He promised to call if there were any problems. We were supposed to receive a call today to give us the window for delivery tomorrow. When no one contacted us, we called the number provided and were told that this machine had also sold out, so our machine was not arriving the next day. We were told to go to the store first thing in the morning. All of this after buying the "black tie" warranty service. We'll never order anything or go into Best Buy again. We've never had such lousy service and passing of the buck before at any retailer. It's now been 3 weeks without a washing machine.

Best buy return policy

As had been noted in several complaints here, Best Buy's return policy is not customer friendly. My advice, after having been screwed myself, is either (1) don"t buy anything from Best Buy or (2) only buy what you will open and try out immediately since after 30 days, they will not give you a refund even if the item is warranted by the manufacturer for, for example, a year. You have to deal with the manufacturer. If you add the return shipping cost and the time and hassle, it is a fairly raw deal for consumers. As I said, know your store and if you do not like this policy, don't buy and for sure, don't let the item sit around unused for 45 until you find out it is an unreliable and worthless product. I suggest you vote with your feet. Mel Mench

Best buy just sells the product, they do not manufacter it. Therefore, blaming them for a bad motherboard it ridiculous.

That's very obviously a manufacturer defect, hence the manufacturer warranty. Seriously.

i wish i would have researched this tv prior to getting it. have had the tv for 106 days and it has no picture.

the *** that came out yesterday to fix it claims it is the mother board already???? people please be advised if we continue to let best buy get away with this *** they will never stop! File a complaint with the FCC write to the NJ state attorney general and complain complain complain!

this is the only way for the consumer to be have some way out. it takes a little more of your time but it is worth it if the fcc and nj attorney general gets enough complaints from us consumers,then BEST BUY will be forced to pay one way or another.there is a complaint form online that you can print and send in for the FCC and NJ Attn General.