Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy Sucks

Puchased a desk top from best buy. No Wireless Card, but Mall of American - Dean stated that it had wireless and was all ready to go. Got it home and they never validated the Norton Antivirus. Now they want the computer back so they can validate the Antivirus. So I have to drive one hour out of my way to fix there problem. After 14 days if it gets a virus I have to pay more to get it fixed. Wow. I vowed 2 yrs ago never to go back to BestBuy. Now I know why I said that. Rewards Program ! Yeah Right bought a 5,000 TV and never got a reward. No record of my purchase.

So you get a virus, probably cuz you clicked on some dumb sh1t you shouldn't have, and somehow that's best buys fault? How does that make any sense?

Isreal E

You can probably contact them and get them to give you the credit to your rewards program card if you speak with them nicely and can show the transaction on your credit card, they should have no problem giving it to you. Call customer support and see if they will accept that.

Don't get a virus and you won't have to worry about it. No warranty covers viruses because they are the fault of the user.

View more comments (2)
Review

Best buy geek squad black tie insurance vimal kumar

To whom it may concern, I have purchased many items from Best Buy ranging but not limited to a simple power inverter to multiple computers. My local best buy store is number 599, I have become familiar with the store and see most of the same faces there while shopping; I have also referred many of my friends and family to purchase various products and services including approximately 6 cellular provider lines of service. My experience starts off quiet pleasant, as my mother and I travel to the local best buy to upgrade the entire family's cellular phones since we were entitled to an upgrade. Upon arrive at the store, we browse the various mobile devices and wait to be approached, I must mention that the best buy mobile in this particular location was quiet curious as well as helpful, the only downside was a slight wait, but this is of course expected and bearable when receiving good service. I was offered the geek squad black tie protection and even presented with a follow shopper who was coming into the store to get her blackberry replaced due to water damage. I took the information on this protection program and was told I had 14 days to add it from the current purchase date. The following week I returned to the store and happily purchased the geek squad protection, after being told that I can come into the store at anytime and they will take a phone out of the storage case and hand it to me I was pleased and understood exactly the service that best buy was rendering. The price seemed fair, as 11$ with tax included was double the price of the providers insurance however they were rendering a service that guaranteed a new phone as long as you had the previous one in hand. After approximately 4 months my phone started freezing and lagging and I arrived at Best Buy 599 and was greeted by the same sale person who had sold me the phone, who now had been promoted to manager, who apologized to me and told me they did not currently have any 9700 Blackberries in stock and I would have to wait for it to get shipped to my house in 2 business days. I agreed since there seemed to be no other option and I still had my old Blackberry to use as a backup. I was not pleased with this hiccup however it was not affecting my daily business and was once again bearable. 2 days passed and I did not receive a package from best buy, at this point I place a call to geek squad to find out the status of my repair and after 45 minutes on hold and speaking to someone on the phone who judging by muffled noises in the background was either in a car or a workshop I was told that someone from the store was going to call me later, and my unit would be available for in store pickup before closing time. Now, imagine my surprise, I have to drive to the store to get the phone that I was supposed to be handed at the store 3 days earlier. This was a mediocre experience with the best buy geek squad team, however I did get my new phone and refrained from writing any negative feedback since their advertised service was completed, though in a sluggish ordeal. 3 months later I again returned to the Best Buy store 599 and was greeted by the same manger that I had seen numerous times in these past few months due to family members upgrading their lines and other various purchases I had made in best buy. I explained that my phone turned off while I was speaking on it wasn't responding to the power button. The manager proceeded to tell me that geek squad no longer offers " rapid exchange " and I explained that when I signed up for the service that was the main selling point and I was not informed of the changes to my protection plan by any member of the best buy team. The manager took the time out to tell me that since it was my first rapid exchange they would be able to process it, however the 9700 I possessed was no longer available and I was going to have to take the 9800 torch. To most people this would seem like an upgrade but the torch was available for the same price when I purchased by 9700, and the reason I didn't buy the 9800 was because it was bulky and I used my phone for its purpose and not its aesthetic appeal. Needless to say I needed a phone to use the next business day and at this point it didn't matter what kind of phone it was as long as I was able to sync my contact and emails and take on the business day as I normally would. To my surprise once again the manager comes back to inform me that they are out of torches and will not have any available until the following business day. I inquire about what measures I can take and explain to him my dependency on my phone for work and he suggests that the other nearest store Best Buy 1886, located on Gateway drive, a mere 30 minute drive has 7 of these blackberries in stock. I reluctantly take the drive and arrive at the store at 530PM, I walk right to best buy mobile and explain the situation, reference the manager from the previous best buy and explain what he instructed me to do. Before I finish my inquiry with the sales representative he calls over a manager who expresses no desire to be of any assistance and informs me that he is not obligated to honor the requests of any other best buy personal and is most defiantly not obligated to honor a rapid exchange request from a costumer. I explain to him that I am in need of a phone a purchased this protection plan only for its rapid exchange policy, and he aggressively explain that he will not do the exchange while also confirming that the their store does have 7 of the units in stock and that he is interested in selling them to new customers. I request for him to call the manager from the other store and he agrees to do so from the privacy of his own office, as well I request to call geek squad while I wait. After a wait of about 15 minutes I finally get to speak to a person from geek squad who explain to me that the store has the option to honor my rapid exchange and that he would be more than happy to speak to Vimal Kumar the customer solutions manager at the location and see if there is a reason for him not honoring this rapid exchange. Once off the phone Vimal, explains to me that the geek squad protection plan is liable for change without any notice to the customer and that he will not exchange my phone and there is nothing I can do about it, he goes as far as telling me that he is getting paid for being present in the store while I am wasting my time. Needless to say I did not return to this best buy store and this experience with someone who's sole responsibility is to be a customer solutions manager has reflected poorly on best buy as a corporation and I have not returned since. If I was looking to get a phone mailed to me, I could have simply called my service provider and received a phone in the mail under warrantee, since all the events described occurred within the first 8 months of my owning the cellular device. Black tie protection was a falsely advertised protection plan which cost me money every month and provided virtually nothing more than the manufacturer's warrantee and the staff at location 1886, specifically Vimal Kumar the Customer Solution Manager, greatly impacted my perception of Best Buy, needless to say I will not be returning to shop at the store and am currently receiving cellular protection from my service provider for a notably lower fee. Dmitriy

Whew! I made it through that bloated novel. You do realize that whole story really only needed a couple of paragraphs, right?

A simple google search of "best buy black tie warranty" would have told you how much of a ripoff it is.

Loss

Best Buy worst company ever- That is saying a lo now adays

As I sit here holding my breath waiting for the Best Buy Store Manager to get back to me, (funny that the store acting mgr told me he would not be in till tuesday) I figured I would post something to see how long it would take for them to pull it off. Once done here I will be posting on the MANY, MANY Best Buy sucks websites if not satisfied. Issue: Bought a laptop from Best Buy and it froze on the 17th day. Just 3 days out of the 14 day return policy. 1st they tell me it will take 2+ weeks to send back and get fixed. Unfortunetly that was the Good News. After simply stating that it seemed a bit silly that it will take longer to fix than I had owned it, I gave it to them because I had no other choice. I can assume because I had the crazy idea to note my displeasure they looked at it in store and told me today that in order to fix it I would need to pay an additional $130. By the way I stupidly purchased the exrtended warranty as well. There answer is that since it is most likely a virus, they will not stand by anything. I asked if it is a software issue that happens again a week after I spend the $130 what then? I was told there is nothing I could do but keep bringing it back and spending $130. So the bottom line is that I bought a $500 laptop from BB the day my old one broke because I can not be without a computer/ now here I sit 17 days later $500 poorer/ no laptop/ and held hostage forever because they will not stand by the product they sold me. You can all save the CS circle talk about how 1,00's of customers every day want you to do something outside the lines. Heard it for 2 hrs today. Here is what I promise BB if this situation is not made right. (1st let me say that this is the 1st time I have ever complained on a website about anything,I am not the guy who never complains about his food or service in a restaurant, I am just the quiet guy who will not come back). 1) I will come to your store every free moment I have when in the area and tell this story to anyone looking at computers. 2) I will tell every neighbor/member of my small group from church and for that matter anyone who will listen not to shop at BB. 3) On every sales call I am on with my reps across 5 states I will use this story as the ice-breaking small talk with customers. All this could have been avoided if the store simply re-set the computer to the factory settings which might take all of 30 seconds for free, and this story coulkd have been about me telling all the above listed people how BB went out of there way to make a bad sutuation a bit better. Seems like a pretty easy business decision to me.

If he got a virus, best buy has nothing to do with it! it's not a defective product, the customer is the cause of the problem.

If a customer gets a virus do to neglect like Robert said and not have anti-virus, that is their fault. If they do have anti-virus but were on unsecured sites or downloading things they shouldn't, which is probably the case, then why should best buy have to deal with that? they are not obligated to fix that issue. If that were true, geek squad would have rows and rows of computers to work on, with no compensation.

You are ridiculous. Seriously.

I didn't say he sounded whiney. I said repeating this story over and over again would sound whiney and it would.

I'm fine with posting complaints, but telling anyone who will listen? It may takes several years of therapy, but the OP really needs to chalk it up to "lesson learned" and move on with his life.

I guarantee you Best Buy is moving on with theirs.

I respected your opinion also until you suggested that Best Buy is doing this for PR (hinting that I am damage control). Now I think you're a complete tool.

While I certainly respect Simon and Robert's opinions, I do not share them. In fact, hearing this story ensures I will not buy a computer at Best Buy.

I did think about your arguments, but I disagree that he sounds whiny. I think it is ridiculous to purchase a $500 item of any sort and have it last less than three weeks and then consider the person 'whiny' if they are unhappy with the state of the situation. Especially since the guy needs this computer. It is very independent-minded of someone to 'not let anyone tell them where to shop', but, in fact, I believe it is simple common sense to listen carefully to someone's experiences with a business and take it into consideration before buying something expensive there.

As I stated on another post, I was close to buying two high end appliances from Best Buy when I stumbled onto this website. More than the original complaints, it has been the responses that have most turned me off to the company. If these are employees of Best Buy, they are showing an absolute disregard for the many bad experiences at this business. I realize everyone has difficult and unreasonable customers, but I am becoming convinced through the comments that Best Buy actually hates their customers.

This could be a good moment for a competitor to jump in with another big box store. Best Buy may feel they are on top of the world right now and not have to care about their customers, but even Walmart is experiencing a downturn. If Best Buy continues to be this hostile to customers, I cannot see how they can last. I do believe this computer problem had more to do with the computer itself.

I don't think it is necessarily Best Buy's fault. However, I just don't like the tone of the responses to these complaints in the comments, and they sound as though they are coming from employees and managers of Best Buy. Note to corporate: If this is your idea of battling these complaints, it is a bad one. It doesn't look good.

It makes you seem callous. If it is employees acting on their own, perhaps Best Buy corporate needs to discuss this with their employees. It would be better if Best Buy were dealing with these unhappy customers privately in the store or when they call corporate---before they load all this onto the internet for all to see. Why aren't they taking care of these complaints??

Why does their only response appear to be waiting until the customer gives up trying to deal with them to find resolution and then slamming them when they get on the internet as a last ditch effort to voice their displeasure?? If this is Best Buy's best effort at PR, it is a dismal failure.

Perhaps it is because this company is probably run only for a select group of shareholders and has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. That can be the only explanation for what I am seeing here.

It sounds like you have a Virus. Did you use anti-virus protection.

If you are neglectful of your device and don't protect it, who should take the fall for that. Just think if you own a company, lets say you own Best Buy. Your first thing you might say is " Well If owned Best buy this would never happen" But once you see the whole picture you start realizing differently. If you have 14 day return policy and people start wanting to return thing 3 days late, then 10 days late, why not 100 days after they bought it?

People would then just be using it and returning it and never pay for anything. Honestly some people are like that. I have worked enough retail to see that. And you then customers get a virus on their computer and expect you to remove the virus for free, and you are mind you have to run a budget and labor is a concern, otherwise prices will have to increase.

So now you are removing everyones virus for free, employing lots of people to do this and you end up going out of business like ultimate electronics. Time is money, money is time. Policys are for a reason. If you went into my business and you decided you were bvetter then my policys then you dont have to shop with me.

I am not making exceptions other wise I will go out of business. Its reality. You screwed up your own computer and now you need to take responsibility. If you shopped at Target, Amazon, Walmart, you would be in the same position, except I doubt those staff are trained as well.

If you dont like it run your own Electronics company. It is life. You sound spoiled to think a company should extend their policys for you. You are lucky too that Best Buy has a Geek Squad, I bet at walmart they would tell you you were SOL because its out of policy.

Btw if you dont get your way and then post all over that Best Buy sucks, and tell this to everyone, your a little obsessed.

Certainly because you are in the wrong. Admittance is the first step.

Peace out Bro.

"1) I will come to your store every free moment I have when in the area and tell this story to anyone looking at computers."

You will be escorted from and barred from the premises.

"2) I will tell every neighbor/member of my small group from church and for that matter anyone who will listen not to shop at BB"

I have never had anyone tell me where not to shop. I would ignore them if they did.

"3) On every sales call I am on with my reps across 5 states I will use this story as the ice-breaking small talk with customers."

You will lose a lot of customers that way. The story really isn't all that interesting and you would sound really whiney repeating it all the time.

Next time you buy a computer, read the return policy and your warranty information first. Best Buy didn't make the computer, so they didn't create the problem (you probably did yourself) and they are simply following the policies outlined in your warranty information.

View more comments (4)
Loss

Best Buy review in Washington, District Of Columbia: The worst GM (Raymond) and worst display of CS I have witnessed

Raymond (GM at this store) I hope you read this because you totally suck as a GM and as a person. I am not one to do this (actually never wrote a negative review on the internet) but this was easily the worst showing of customer service I have ever seen in my life. I consider myself a nice, calm guy, who usually goes with the flow and never lose my temper. A little background: I bought a touchpad 16gb as a birthday present for my brother online and ordered it for in store pickup at this store. One day passed and did not hear anything about the status of my order so I called since my credit card was charged the full price ($434). Apparently they liquidated the item (I paid $434) that morning and did not know what to do about my order. The lady on the phone (who was very friendly and understanding to me) said that she had one more left from a customer who did not pick up their item that morning. She said she would put that one on hold so I could make the 30 minute drive to the store. I politely thanked her and took the commute down to the TO best buy. I arrived at that best buy and was greeted by a nice kid working customer service who took sympathy to my case. He said he would get the manager and see what they could do. This is when Raymond came along, the GM of the store, walking up to me the last thing he wanted to do was talk to me. The first thing he said, without me even uttering a word is "there is nothing I can do, they are sold out". I told him of my ordeal and he simply said "that sucks" and continued to say he couldn't do anything about it. Not once did he ever say the word "i'm sorry" or even care to check their stock . I told him one of his employees said they held one for me and made me do the 1 hour commute there and back to pick it up. His only response was "there is nothing I can do, best buy is sold out of them" even though I saw 2 touchpads sitting right on the shelf behind him. I asked him, "so what are those touchpads?" and his response was "oh those are accessories" even though he was blatantly lying to me. I told him it was a little ridiculous that I placed an online order yesterday at full price and never got a pickup confirmation but they would sell the product the next day for 1/4 of the price and not even notify me. His response again was "there is nothing I can do about that and you should have asked for a manager before you came in". The whole time I asked questions, perplexed what was going on, I could not believe this man had the audacity to stand there with a rude smirk on his face and not even offer a single apology or even try to help me in the situation. Does Best Buy really want a man like this running one of their stores? It really makes the company as a whole look bad and I will never, EVER, buy anything in store again. This was the worst display of customer service I have ever encountered and I hope to warn shoppers to be aware of this when shopping at the TO best buy because if you ever run into a problem, you WILL NOT BE TAKEN CARE OF. Not to mention the fact that I called best buy corporate to complain and was put on hold for 45 minutes and then they hung up on me (I was not as mad at that since the telephone people are friendly and courteous). Raymond I hope you read this and realize you are not God and you should treat people how you would like to be treated.

I am looking to buy two large appliances in the next week. I found some very good pricing at Best Buy online.

However, I wanted to be sure about customer service, as this will be an outlay of a large sum of money. So I checked customer complaints regarding Best Buy before actually purchasing anything. Glad I did. The person writing this obviously wrote it because they could not get any private response from this company.

He sounds very reasonable. I do understand that the item sold out, but I do not understand why he was allowed to purchase an item online--with his credit card charged--only to find that nobody there had tagged one model as 'sold'. I can only surmise that those who buy something online are taking a wild chance. It appears they can charge you and have you come to the store and only then will you find you have not purchased this item at all.

This would only scare me away from online purchases altogether, but if this response above is truly from the store manager Raymond, then I am worried about an in-store experience as well. Raymond's response, if it is real, only proves this writer's complaint. The store made a mistake. They could have apologized and credited this guy's account, and perhaps offered him something similar.

I once had a store make a similar error, and the store made things right for me by giving me a slightly better item than the one I had bought. I came away from that experience a very happy customer despite the mistake. I do not live near this particular Best Buy, but I worry about a company that promotes and stands behind a manager of this sort. It sounds as though every other employee he came in contact with was professional and courteous.

I would think the store manager was overwhelmed, busy and having a bad moment when this customer arrived, but if this above response is Raymond's then it appears he thinks nothing of customers. I've worked with the public and I know it's difficult sometimes. Still, it is the customer who keeps the business afloat. Look what happened to Circuit City.

There is no way in this economy I would be this derisive to my customers if I was in their place. Raymond may be one manager, but why on earth would corporate be so unresponsive? I'm glad this guy took his complaint to the internet, as it has helped me know exactly which company to avoid now. Lowe's prices are a little higher, but I'm thinking it might be worth the extra money.

Thanks for posting this.

You did a public service. You probably saved me all kinds of money and trouble.

HAHA. This Raymond guy sounds like a small *** diouche bag.

The world would be a lot better without his kind. Enjoy your retail manager duties.

What do you want me to do? Sell you an item we don't have?

Excuse me while I wave my magic wand and make one appear. You are a real ***

View more comments (2)
Loss

Best Buy review in Pawtucket, Rhode Island: False Advertising!

I bought a "3rd" generation 8gb Ipod Touch AS IT WAS ADVERTISED but instead I ended up getting a 2nd generation Instead. It says 3rd gen on the receipt! So after a year I noticed something the 3rd gen could do but not the 2nd gen so at that moment I went to check what generation my Ipod was which I shouldn't need too if I expect to get what I'm getting in the first place! So low and behold it was a 2nd generation Ipod touch, and noticed that best buy falsely advertised a 3rd generation Ipod touch! So what I did was go to the store they said nothing could be done, ok alright, my next step what consumer relations. They TOLD me that IT WAS MY FAULT FOR REALIZING THIS A YEAR LATER. Well I wouldn't have to realize this if your product wasn't FALSELY ADVERTISED! It even says 3rd generation 8gb Ipod touch on the receipt!!!! So they said they couldnt do anything about it. Now im stuck with a product that I NEVER intended to buy!

Really it is a little late. I could see if you came back the same day, they should do something about it.

But you think that people might try and pull a scam like that. They have no proof so long after. Be careful when buying anything.

Nothing is perfect. Take it as a lesson.

Review

Best Buy needs to drop off the face of the earth

I recently wrote to best buy, and promised to post about my terrible experiences with them everywhere I could find. Here it is: Why you have lost my business: First, my son applied for a best buy credit card online. The card had not arrived but when we called the store (twice, to double check) they said they could look up his card number and he could make his purchases at that time. This was a lie. He wasted multiple hours and $20 of gas. I also called the store manager, left a message but he never called me back. The card never arrived, and the trip for which I needed a car stereo is tomorrow. We have been checking the mail, since it said it would be one or two weeks, and it has been three weeks. We called, and they said the card had just now been mailed out. Plus, they had added an annual fee when there was not supposed to be one. So, I needed to buy the stereo myself. I called the store to make sure it was in stock and they had time to install it today. I went online and found the correct item and installation. I called to make sure the order would be available to be installed right away. The person told me to place the order over the phone with him, and it would be available immediately. My son once again wasted multiple hours and $20 in gas to drive to the Melbourne FL store, only to be told that the order was 'processing' and would not be available for up to 72 hours. That delay was never mentioned to me before I placed the order. I called your 800 number and was connected to a remarkably rude woman who told me there was nothing that could be done by anyone and I was stuck, and if I wanted to be irritated with her I needed to call someone else. I cancelled the order. I then called the store, where my son was still waiting, to see if there was a way to work through the issue and complete the purchase and installation today. The person told me that if I were in the store it would be no problem but since I was not there it was impossible. I expressed my frustration and conveyed that this was not the first, nor second, nor even tenth time something had been screwed up by best buy. The person said she was sorry but nothing could be done. I asked if she would prefer to try to work something out or if she would prefer for your company to lose my business entirely. She did not choose the first option. You have lost my business, utterly and permanently. I am beyond angry, and I will be most happy to find every single customer alert board and blog, and post about my experiences with your excrescence of a company.

"The card never arrived, and the trip for which I needed a car stereo is tomorrow"

I agree with above post, but I am unfortunately not drunk. You would think that if something you wanted or needed you would buy it yourself instead of having your son fiance it. Your are probably one of those people that return things after you have used it.

Life Happens. It isn't Perfect.

Im sorry that you had a bad experience with Best Buy but it seems like all of your "efforts" were from the couch. If your son (and not you) actually applied for a credit card then the check out process would have been painless because an ID is all that is required to use the credit card.

What blows me away though, is the fact that you invest so much time by writing about this *** on the internet and dealing with your problem via typing on random internet forums. . Oh it also blows me away that you want to finance a car stereo purchase. (thumbs down).

Anywho, before you criticize me and say something like, "hey you are on the internet too complaining about stuff and things", just know that I'm drunk and googled the words "*** people who complain about *** on random internet sites". Low and behold your "incident" was the first one to appear.

You expect me to care about you and your stereo?

View more comments (3)
Service
Best Buy Installation

Furious ! Best buy tablet shipped and never received

I purchased a tablet from Best buy July 31st 2011 paid for 2nd day air. Now Aug 17, 2011, tablet lost in shipping with UPS. I called UPS they told me file claim with Best Buy. They put a tracer on it and still no tablet or follow up. Does anyone have a vice presidents email address? the rude agent said she is as high as this will go ! The tablet was purchase for a 21st birthday gift and ordered a week in advance.I will never shop Best Buy again ! I shop online frequently and Amazin or Ebay has never missed a shippment
Review

Best Buy, hope you go bankrupt!

When I have been buying all the new music and DVD releases every Tuesday for the past 3 years they were always located in New Releases. For the past 3 weeks none of the new releases have been in that section. I have to hunt around for them and for all the new music Best Buy no longer thinks is important and does not choose to have as inventory, I order from Amazon. When I pointed this out the store manager promptly brushed me off to an associate. Good going! Way to take care of a problem! Thats why your new release section has stuff sitting in it from 4 months ago and about 50% of the new releases never make it to that section. Good marketing plan! Im glad to hear you dont trust your staff to actually stock that section as its an outside company that does it and you have no control over them? They do such an outstanding job, and thats why there are empty shelves in about a third of that section. I will take my 50+ dollars I spend weekly there and transfer my shopping to Amazon from now on as I have to shop there routinely anyway because Best Buy cant carry all that music in their store. Oh and that means my DVD sales, X Box, Stereo, TV and Speakers I purchased have been transferred to Amazon accounts as well! I hope you go broke!!! Sincerely ticked off at management in Fort Worth. Specifically Bryant Irvin if anyone even cares LOL!

Actually, it's quite amazing how *** people are. I've worked in retail for years, and people buy sh1t they know nothing about and ask dumb questions.

And even if you answer their questions, they still have no idea what they are doing.

And I would like to see you go into another retailer (i.e wal mart or target) and see if they can help you figure it out. Good Luck!

Yes, because noone will ever be able to figure out how to operate something without a Best Buy employee to tell them...

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

Customer service there is the worst, but I always found their sales associates helpful. Prices are no longer competitive since Circuit City went out of business.

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

yeah lets all hope they go bankrupt, this way thousands of people all across the country and the world loose jobs. keep buying your *** online, but make sure you never need a lesson on how to operate it. because, we best buy employees are not here to instruct you.

Tasha - The amount of money spent has nothing to do with this customers experience. I'm an employee of BestBuy and can say first hand that the third party company ''responsible'' for organizing and displaying the media routinely causes customers to simply leave. If all you look at is a money sign above everyone's heads and more importantly, treat them as such, you'll soon realize that not only do you lose their hard earned money which affords me a job, you allow one unhappy customer to encourage anyone they know to follow suit and avoid being treated the same way.

The sad thing is that I am a best buy silver premier member which means i at least spend 2500 dollars a year there. Thats easy for me. i spend on average 30000 dollars a year there. However last week i went into a store and my buddy was with me. I was over looking at the Dyson's in a completely different section. I grab the dyson fan and go to pay for it. As we are walking out the store, i get stopped and they take me and my friend to the side. They come up to me and say "what do you think your doing". Im like, "excuse me?" They say "you heard me". I tell them that i dont know what theyre talking about and they take me in the camera room and sit me down. At this point im thinking whats going on. Turns out my friend tried to sneak an invisible shield for his phone, but then decided to leave it on a shelf. So the resolution was to kick us both out the store when i was two aisles down from him getting the dyson fan.

Next day i call Best buy and try to come to a resolution and they take my rewards membership number and sincerely apologize to me and tell me that i can go to any store I want. So i go back to the store a few days later to get a new tv and im stopped at the door and told im not allowed in. I laugh and walk away. They ask me what i thought was funny and i told them, "you know that i spend a third of my paycheck with this company and your about to blow that out the window. Ill take my business to a local company." They told me to go right ahead.

Next day once again i call best buy and tell them to close out my membership and keep my rewards checks because i will never do business with them again and they ask why and i tell them. They say they will call me back in 15 minutes.

15 minutes later i get a call from best buy, the actual store asking me to stop in. So I do. The manager that kicked us out of there was in the room and explains to me that it was an immature thing for me to do and that i should have stopped him from doing what he did. Only problem is that i didnt know he was trying to steal.

Anyway the result comes that manager got fired from corporate for doing what he did and i got my tv for 30 percent off.

Sometimes Best buy will take care of you. I guess it all depends how much you spend there. So all of you that are making complaints, your voice does make a difference. You cant keep it local, take your concerns up to corporate.

I actually worked at one of the St. Louis stores for the holidays.

They said they based there pay on experience. I've managed a sales floor at a different company and all they offered me was 9 bucks an hour with no commision....WTF!!! I couldn't seem to get a manager to even help me with my direct deposit. I couldn't ring anybody out for three weeks before they finally set me up.

I'm still trying to figure out how they did my taxes because I never seen any tax forms in the pre-employment stage. I took the job because I needed it and aquired customers who only wanted to buy from me but I didn't get hired full time?! I guess I see y they are in serious trouble.

I've been on the inside and ill tell you....SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! I DIDN'T EVEN USE MY DISCOUNT CUS I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE THEM BACK ANY OF MY MONEY.

Who is TASHA? I have observed many negative experiences consumers have with retailers and vent their frustrations right here.

Along comes TASHA who seems to devalue almost everyone on this blog. I took the liberty and copied all of Tasha's interactions with people and let a colleaque who is a practicing MD decipher TASHA 's psyche

When a business decides to change the way they do business, it's normally to attract more customers.

In this case, it appears they decided to change the way they do business because (choose one):

A. Corporate managers don't care about their customers because they're the only game in town.

B. Poor management at that specific store - but not necessarily others.

C. Poor performance of a contractor who may be having management or money problems, and may be about to go out of business (likely for a business dealing with CDs which have been crushed by online sales).

D. Cost cutting that leads to stress on employees, which is apparent in the way they interact with management and customers (few of us could take that kind of pressure well).

E. All of the above.

In any event when a business changes the way they do things, it's often a sign that things aren't going well in the area they just changed, or with the company as a whole.

It would be nice to think that businesses have a "Manager of Customer Happiness," but having shopped in a Best Buy a time or two it seems like Best Buy doesn't. I haven't been in one or a WalMart or Target for many years - I buy all my stuff off Amazon.

I wouldn't say that Circuit City or Comp USA was any better, so it may just be a culture of the business. I was in a Fry's twice, and it was apparent they don't think much of their customers.

Radio Shack is an example of a company who has so far survived even though they have completely changed their business model. I haven't been in one for years, but I think they mainly sell cell phones now.

Amazon may have a similar culture, but I guess I never notice it since I've never spoken to an Amazon employee. I can only imagine Amazon's customer service employees are in some third world country, having never used or seen anything I would buy from Amazon, and talking to them would be worse than at any of the now bankrupt electronics retailers.

A particularly bad sign is a retailer that knowingly takes money and promises to ship stuff (online) that they don't have, and that they know they won't have. AND they do that knowing it's a gift for an upcoming holiday - which will now be giftless for many people.

I'd say that's the sign of a company about to go bankrupt. Their overhead is so high for each store that it's unlikely they could pull off changing their business model, like Radio Shack did (so far).

A good percentage of Best Buy online sales take sales away from their brick and mortar stores - a problem that a web based business like Amazon just doesn't have.

All in all, it doesn't look good for Best Buy. You're just observing the death-throws

of a huge dinosaur. Other similar species are already extinct.

This isn't a good thing for consumers, who will have little or no choice for shopping locally. Unless an entrepreneur picks up the pieces with a new business model?

It might mean that Radio Shack could be back in the consumer electronics business some time soon?

Best Buy is a joke. They will never get another penny of my money.

They promise but don't deliver. I don't want anyone to lose their job but if they don't start taking care of the customer then the employees have no one to blame but management.

They probably don't stock the new releases anymore because no one shops there. Seriously the last 5 times I have been in their store the only people there are in the customer service line complaining about something.

There wasn't a soul on the sales floor...they will be broke soon. Look at their quarterly report

Oh god. This is horrible.

The fact that you have to take a few extra steps around the store to find your *** music might just kill you. I say this because based on how lazy you are, you must be fat and may have a heart attack if you walk too much.

i dont believe losing $50 a week is going to make one of the biggest electronics store in the nation go bankrupt. best buy has new customers walking into their doors every day. you will be back when you need something that no other store carries.

I hope bestbuy go bankrupt too.. I told all of my friends, relatives, classmates, teachers and my work colleague about mistreatment of bestbuy employees to costomers and hopefullu]y, they will never spend a single penny in any bestbuy stores.

I'm sure that someone is in charge of this type of update. You are right, I think they should at least listen to your freedback. At the end of the day, you are their customer and you are the one who bring in the cash flow to the company.

Sounds like you think the world revolves around you. Sure its not great things aren't stocked.And you must be so perfect.

I would love to run into you where you work. Get over your self. They do need to change at the store is sounds like but hoping that Millions of people lose their jobs is very sweet. You should go bankrupt because I know you aren't perfect, certainly buying new releases every week, I am sure you will be broke in no time.

Stop complaining and maybe get a job at Best Buy and walk in their shoes. I would love to see you keep everything up to date!

Let me get this strait: You are throwing an absolute *** fit over where they stock the new DVD releases? Get a grip on reality.

It's not really the earth-shattering tragedy that you're making it out to be. If you don't like it, open up your own store and stock the items where you think they should go.

You hope Best Buy goes broke so all those employees would be out of a job in an economy struggling to create jobs? I hope you go broke you immature whiney baby.

View more comments (17)
Service
Best Buy Customer Care

Best Buy Geek Squad

I purchased a Sony Cybershot camera from Best Buy. The first time it was returned because some of the pictures would come out black (this problem occurred during a vacation to Ireland). The geek squad supposedly fixed it after 2 weeks and I took some pictures on the way home from the store and still got black pictures. I returned the camera to the store the second time the same day. After about 2 weeks I got a refurbished camera. This camera would either not turn on at all, or would turn on then not go off AND it had some black pictures (this was during my daughters wedding and reception). This was my third return and again after approx. 2 weeks I got back a supposedly fixed camera. I returned it for the fourth time due to the fact it would not shut off and would not allow pictures to be taken at all (this occurred on a vacation to New Hampshire). This was a $180 camera. I asked repeatedly to be allowed to buy a different camera from the store due to the multiple returns. I was told that on the fourth problem I would be allowed to do that. Today I received another Sony Cybershot in the mail from the geek squad. They returned it with no battery, so I can't even try to use it. I will NOT purchase from Best Buy again.

Best Buy review in Silver Spring, Maryland: Can't Ship Hard Drive You Paid For

If you care about Best Buy customer service please read this. I have always enjoyed shopping at Best Buy until now. My son's computer needed to be repaired while he was working in Louisiana. We bought it at the Best Buy in Baltimore. We purchased the extended warranty so we took it to the nearby Houma Louisiana store. When he first explained the problem to the salesperson, he was told he would have to purchase a new warranty because the work would perhaps not get done by the warranty expiration date even though we were giving it to the store before the warranty expired. This quickly got remedied as the store manger came in and resolved the problem. He was then told he would have to purchase an external hard drive to put his information on as they would need to transfer the information from his computer' hard drive to the hard drive he had now purchased for $60.00. The Houma store manager said they would ship the computer back to the Baltimore store. So far so good. Several weeks later we received a call from Casey Eschet, the Houma store manager saying that the work was finished and that they would ship the computer to us as per our agreement but that they would not ship the external hard drive because "it is not necessary". So the hard drive that my son was told to purchase would not be shipped because Best Buy deemed it "not necessary.' Casey then changed his story and said that they couldn't ship it because the external hard drive had personal information on it. But doesn't the computer's hard drive have personal information on it as well????? After spending an hour on the phone and getting nowhere I called the Best Buy 866 number where I talked to a Best Buy customer care representative, Kathleen. I explained the situation to her and she said she would talk to Casey and get back to me. When she called back she said that they couldn't send it because the Geeks had been sued by someone whose external hard drive was stolen and personal information was on it. She said that Best Buy would refund the cost of the hard drive in the form of a gift card. In addition we were also charged $80.00, the cost of transferring the data from his computer's hard drive to the external hard drive. So now we have paid for work to be done that will end up being non existent since the external can not be shipped. This is terrible customer service. I have paid for work to be done that is useless to me. The refund of the hard drive is great but to think that I am paying $80.00 for the transfer of data from one drive to another (which probably took all of about 2 minutes) and then not getting the drive for which the work was done is highway robbery. My hope is that someone who receives this letter will do the right thing and refund the $80.00 for the work done or ship the external hard drive. I am forwarding this letter to as many consumer advocates that I can find. Please do the right thing and help. David Smith
Jessica

It sounds to me as though the company is caught between a legal 'rock and a hard place'. I'm not sure if there is anything more you can do, other than perhaps pick up the hard-drive in person as that makes the entire situation of 'can't ship due to legality issues' moot. However I do agree that they should have warned you before purchasing the external drive that they were not allowed to mail it to you.

I hope this gets sorted out as I've not had any issue with Best Buy in the past, both when I worked for them as well as when I was a customer and I hate to see a legal conundrum such as this cost the company a well-spoken, mature customer.

Good luck!