Beware before you buy anything from Best Buy. They have a new return policy but its not told to you until you try to return a purchase. because the fine print is on the purchase receipt you get after you buy the item. They require to give them a form of government ID....

Best Buy used to be one of the best places to look at cutting edge electronics and the store was always packed with people.

now you can go in there and their is barely a handful of people-at least where I live.I think a lot has to do with new policies such as charging you a restocking fee of $4oo because you didn't like the laptop you purchased. They almost charged me that when I asked before purchasing if it could be returned, no questions asked-they also ordered it to be sent from the factory so no charge should have been made.

Finally after a while and talking to a few people they realized their mistake. But it still was a hassle.

Shopping their isn't the pleasant experience it used to be. also good luck if you need information about products-there was nobody qualified to help me unless I waited for another sales person.

View more comments

Best buy or worst buy

I am a visitor to the US. I walked into the Best Buy Mobile store in seminole County Town Centre near Lake Mary, FL. I asked for a SIM and charge cards for a pre-paid connection and was met with Jacqueline, the manager (as I learnt later). 1. She offered an ATT mobile with connection which I declined because I didn't need a mobile phone. Later, she would repeatedly tell me during our arguments that she was recommending this mobile over the other connection that I took. She repeated this so many times that I actually had to ask her to shut up. 2. She sold me an H2O wireless SIM card which had a monthly plan, etc, that suited my needs. I clearly told her my needs. This was fine. 3. She sold me THREE $20 charge cards from O2 (which were old, as I came to know later) which had "compatible with unlimited" written on them. Apparently, they were compatible with a night unlimited plan that no longer existed. I think she just loaded her old stock on me. 4. The problem started when I activated my SIM with a $60 unlimited plan. The $20 charge cards would just fail to do the top up and no one (best buy or H2O) would help as to why that happened. I came to know this the next day that these are used only for the minute plans. I think the BB manager should have known this. I suspect she expected me to buy another top-up card because these wouldn't work. 5. She sold me $20 *3 = $60 of cards because she said it would take care of the $50 month plan AND give me a $10 charge for free international calls. It turns out that there is no $10 charge for free international calls. Instead, for $50, I get $10 WORTH of free international calls. Again, this is something I feel the BB manager should have known. Or did she? 6. On the third occasion, when i accosted her with all this information, she just refused to accept her responsibility. The fact that she missold the cards did not mean anything to her. She refused to refund anything saying those cards are not refundable. Under normal circumstances, that would have been fine but not in this case because she had missold her old stock to me by telling lies. =========== The consequences are: 1. I could not make calls or use mobile internet for 3 days in spite of having paid about $75 for the SIM and charge cards. 2. Finally, I had to take up the minute plan (to minimize losses) which does not support mobile internet while it was unlimited on the monthly plan I had thought I was buying. 3. The minute plan has a charge of $2 per minute for international calls. So, if I call my home country, I get to talk for just 30 minutes. In fact, the website has put a limit of $20.00 (seen under my account balance), which means I can make international calls for 10 minutes only. I had clearly told Jacqueline that I needed to call my home country. That was the basic purpose of the connection. If she had sold me the right cards, I could have had $20 worth of free international calls along with unlimited calls like local and SMS, etc. Having paid the same amount ($60), I get a much lesser value and more importantly, am hassled. 4. She kept telling me that it was H2O's fault and made me go back and forth betweent the two (H2O told me it's BB's fault).

Sir - I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience in our country with inept salespersons. Unfortunately, this is a representation of the work force in America.

Lazy workers who don't know how to help people and simply don't care about how we appear to the people they come in contact with.

Sorry. Even though, you can see what we have to cope with here in America.

Will Never Recommend AT&T | Best Buy review from Ephraim, Utah

I live in an area that was supposed to have AT&T coverage but signal was weak and non-existent. I had calls dropped and more then half the time the phone didnt even ring. So I took the phone back to Best Buy and went and got new service with T-mobile (which has been great so far). Now 2 months latter AT&T is trying to charge me $1600 for Termination Fees, even though I returned it in less then 30 days which it states right in the contract a person can do with no Termination fees. When I call AT&T they say they cant and wont change or remove the fees. What makes it worse it they blame it on Best Buy not putting the phone returns in the system and Best Buy has had the Phones mysteriously disappear. This is all bedsides the point being that the phones where returned and no where in the Agreement that I signed did it state that the phones had to be returned or else extra fees would be placed on the account. But my favorite part is that even though I have returned the phones the AT&T Contract does NOT state that the phones have to be returned for the Fee to be removed, it only States and I quote" 30-Day Cancellation Policy I may terminate this Agreement within 30 days after activating service WITHOUT paying an Early Termination Fee. I will pay fees and charges incurred through the termination date, but AT&T will refund any activation fee if I terminate within 3 days of activation. Also, I may have to return handsets and accessories purchased with this Agreement and pay any applicable restocking fees. If I terminate AFTER the 30th day..." That is the policy I agreed to, which is short says there are NO EARLY TERMINATION FEES if canceled within 30 days and I MAY have to return phones, (which I did and they claim that I didnt) that said, AT&T chooses to say that the policy is different. That is is really saying that you will not be charged early termination fees if they think that they shouldnt. So, in other words we expect you to follow the contract but if we want to rob you blind then the contract dosent mean a thing to us and you have to go by an unseen or non agreed upon policy that exists only in the AT&T customer service world. Hears what my opinion comes down to if you want to be ripped off and want to deal with lousy customer service and poor (at best) reception, AT&T is for you. As for me I would never use AT&T for anything, and will vocally tell everyone that I know to stay far away from this company. Would NOT recommend AT&T or BEST BUY Mobile for that matter to anyone.
Natasha

I am with AT&T and saw your post about your experience. Please email me at ATTTina@att.com so I can try to assist you with this. Thanks, Tina-ATTCustomerCareMgr

Review
The Best Buy store in Framingham, MA refused to accept a return of a Rocketfish Under-Cabinet Mount after 30 days. The item is a 13-22 inch mount . Product numberRF-TVMUC01. I purchased the item on June 28, 2011 for my new kitchen. Unfortunately for me, there were...

You are so right these people at rocketfish promise a 1 year warranty than if you want to return they screw you and play around bounce you around on the phone till your phone runs out of juice or you hang up in frustration. Chinese company screws you over NEVER buy Rocketfish or bestbuy they will never help if you need a return!!!

View more comments

Stuck us with a broken TV | Best Buy review from Middlesex, North Carolina

Purchased a TV at Best buy. It was an open box, discounted, returned item. When we got the TV home and began to prepare to lift it to the stand, the light hit the screen in JUST the right way and I noticed a crack in the glass from top to bottom. Attempted to return the TV, informing them the television had a crack. Best buy Would not allow the tv to be returned or exchanged, and was told by customer service that we must have dropped the tv. Still need a TV and now out several hundred dollars. I will NEVER shop at a best buy again!

I told the OP to file suit in small claims. That isn't ridiculing or name calling.

Maybe you should stop ruining everyone's posts with your childish vendettas. Just grow up already.

Not So Great Service, if you want someone to acurately read your postings, you will have to go to another site. These responders for the majority are just on this site to call you *** names and ridicule your unfortunate experience. And Simon, dude, you will find out he's the most ridiculous if you stay on this site.

Before you start calling people things like *** and ***, think about what you read. My "Lamp" did not fall and hit the screen.

The LIGHT from my ceiling fixture was on and because of the angle that it was SHINNING on the screen, I could see that there was what appeared to be a crack in the glass on the television screen. Upon closer inspection, could see that the crack was from top to bottom.

Take poor Simon's advise. He spends all his time trippin between all of the latest complaints and offers his wisdom about how to deal with your issues.

Granted, most of the time he has to address spdit *** and curse them out, but he's still @ the helm and still loyal to the cause. The boy has no life, no money and no social skills but to troll throughout PissedConsumer.com and engage the people posting complaints. Hey, Simon, get a date and get off of these sites. Seriously, we can handle our problems without your help.

We didn't sign up for a life coach. Take a break, cowboy - Surely, PissedConsumer has a HUGE bonus for you.

File suit in small claims. Best Buy will refund the price you paid for the TV and your $45 filing charge.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy deceptive marketing

Samsung un55d8000 on sale at bestbuy.com but they don't show you the price until check out. The price was $1979.99. They are also running a special for a FREE Samsung bluray player and 3d starter kit with the purchase of the same Samsung monitor. They said it will discount your total by $530 at checkout. But when you enter the promotion, the cost of the monitor is now over $2500 plus the $349 for starter kit and $149 for the bluray player. Your new total is at $3000 minus the $530 discount, your price is the same as if you bought everything individually. Where is the FREE bluray player and starter kit is you increase the cost of the monitor by the same amount. They have no honor and horrible customer service and horrible customer relations.
Jess

Typically when you total the order out, I'm talking after your contact info, your card #, etc it should package down to the appropriate price. Also if it says "free blu ray see how" in blue print by the pricing info for the tv click on it and it will get you the correct items.

Honestly the stores match online prices (unless noted as an online only offer) so sometimes its much quicker and easier to just go into the store and purchase.

They can set up delivery of the new tv, haul away of an old, mounting services, set up, anything you could possibly need with piece of mind that its all going through the system correctly. Hope this helps

:cry Jack, Jack, Jack ... Whatever is your point? :?

you are an ***.

View more comments (2)
Review
#262047 Review #262047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
$1979
On September 13 in the morning I went in and talked to a sales agent named Alex they had a laptop showing online for the price of 399.99. I went back later with Bill and Michele Day to show them the laptop as they were looking for a replacement. The sales agent we...

Bestbuy.com has the right to change prices whenever they want, its written right on the website. I know it sucks.

It's not the store's fault... They can't price match something without physical proof of it on sale. As far as corporate... They don't really know how the stores policies function.

They basically tell you what you want to hear. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Best Buy.

Review
#262040 Review #262040 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Replacement

I was ripped off, but I am fighting back - www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com | Best Buy review from Saint Louis, Missouri

I purchased a 22 inch Westinghouse television for my 85 year old mother; it was missing parts and did not work. I have my receipt; I attempted to take it back to the best buy store immediately. The manager told me I had to contact Westinghouse and get the missing parts before they would take it back. I had my attorney contact them and I was able to get the contact info for the Corporate Execs with Best buy. I put up a site to try and help others with this same type of problem. www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com I am convinced that this is happening on a massive scale, most people don't have a way to fight back, but if I get enough complaints I do know class action law firms. And I have the contact and email addresses for BestBuy's top execs. Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Si, Si - he's our guy. Tell 'em Simon.

I don't think your work load will ever lighten up. Tough break, pal.

Sounds like a BS story made up to get people to PAY to join his site. This guy can't do any more than anyone else can.

don,t buy junk like westinghouse and you will have less trouble and stay out of bestbuy, you will get better service from commission sales people(they actually want you to come back)

best buy

Update - 9-12-2011 BestBuy gave me a television today that cost almost double what the one I purchased cost. Not only did they replace it, one of their managers Damon Marquis from Best Buys Mid Rivers store delivered it to my home.

That is what happens when you know how to contact the right people, when nobody at the company will put you in touch with the corporate execs. Little did they know i have access to information that everyone does not have. If you file a legitimate complaint here I will personally make sure it ends up in the right hands.--- I purchased a 22 inch Westinghouse television for my 85 year old mother; it was missing parts and did not work. I have my receipt; I attempted to take it back to the best buy store immediately.

The manager told me I had to contact Westinghouse and get the missing parts before they would take it back. I had my attorney contact Best Buy Corporate. I was able to get the contact info for the Corporate Execs with Best buy. I put up this site to try and help others with this same type of problem.

www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com I am convinced that this is happening on a massive scale, most people don’t have a way to fight back, but if I get enough complaints I do know class action law firms. And I have the contact and email addresses for BestBuy’s top execs. If you file a complaint here, I will do my very best to get you justice, I will send your complaint to Best Buy, to attorneys, to the BBB and even the Attorney General.

Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Jim S

I don't know slick sounds like you work for best buy. its principal to me I have the money, I don't mind wasting it, it’s mine to do as I please, I did consult an attorney and you will see a lawsuit for my $186.01 and Brian Dun or his attorney will be served.

you see I have the money to waste. and I will help anyone if I can. i would like to turn everyones complaints over to a class action firm. but i'm a ***.

what have you been able to do with your life. me I get the job done, I can show you rather than tell you and I don't call names or make threats

Please be advised that the person "complaining" about his treatment at BestBuy (who told him to follow the instructions included with the product as retail stores don't carry every part for every item they sell, nor do they manufacture the items they sell), set up a website that costs YOU money to join. If you have a problem with BestBuy, contact managers and corporate headquarters, the BBB, or your Attorney General. Don't waste money on a website that promises nothing and no recourse; it's just another place to complain and read complaints, and not for free.

You're a ***.

View more comments (6)
Best Buy Manager

I was ripped off by Best Buy, but I am fighting back www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com

best buy

Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy has very poor customer service - I was ripped off, but I am fighting back