Filter by rating :
filters

Mobile phone purchase at Best Buy, NOT!

Bought a new torch at Best Buy in Ocala, Fl. back to the office no data , no e-mail, left work early got to store 4:30 pm 1 working, 1 manager watching, mgr says one min, store fills up, no sign in sheet , chaos, finally serviced at 6:00 pm they cannot fix new phone, no offer to replace new phone , get my money back, now reinstate all data to old phone to make me whole, they cannot do, I leave store no new phone, no old phone, at 6:30 pm 2 hrs after arriving for 2nd time that day, go to att store this morning, now I am happy. Do Not buy a phone at best buy...
Review

"Best Buy" has worst customer service

Stopped at the Best Buy in Crestwood, Illinois to buy an advertised Virgin Mobile no-contract phone. To get the ad price, it had to be activated in the store. They had an army of employees in the store, but only two working in cell phones. I waited and watched the slow motion moves of the two sales people. Finally, it was my turn. The clerk wanted my drivers license to activate the no-contract phone. My license contains all the information required to steal my identity, so I refused. Things went downhill from there. I ended up buying the same phone at the same price from the nearby Target store. I was in and out in less than five minutes. I should have started at Target. They matched the Best Buy ad price. I'll never shop at Best Buy again.

Sounds like you're just generally not thinking things through. You need to provide your license so there's a name/number that goes with the phone.

Also, even though there may be an "army of employees", I'm pretty sure you don't want the person who's not certified in that department activating your cell phone incorrectly, and possibly making you pay too much. Also, mobile is a complicated department.

The people in front of you were probably adding lines, which takes ridiculously long at any mobile carrier.

It's not Best Buy's fault that you were too impatient and lazy to wait for quality. :-)

Review

Why do you even have a store Best Buy?

online at Best Buy, I can find the camera I want and a great price too...to hurry things up, I can even go pick it up at the store, which is nearby...okay, sounds good to me...so off I go... "No, we don't have that camera at this store, but I can order it for you and have it shipped to you". Really? Do you think I came in to use your computer? The website says I can pick it up here... The San Marcos store has it, it you can go there.... so,*** I am, off I go 10 more miles....I find a person who can actually gets it....then the manager says, I have to buy it online to get that price and wait 2 hours while it gets processed...THEN I can pick it up at the store... really?! Or, I can pay $20 more to get it right now! LOL! why do they even have a store? Really ***, ***.
Dave

Stores nowadays want everyone to buy online. There's much less overhead expenses involved.

Still, if Best Buy has these little "online arrangements" that require you to wait, pay $20, have someone else order it for you, etc...then they need to make it much clearer when you order anything. What you went through is really uncalled for.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Amazon just got more business!!

Jess

Sometimes taking a moment to fully read the information can clear up some of the confusion. Any item on bestbuy.com that says order online or in store in red lettering means that the item in question is an online only item, it will not be sold in stores.

The "in store" part of the red writing simply means you can come into any location and an associate can order the camera for you. That way they can answer any questions, ship to home or store, get you the correct accessories. Now as far as the pricing, best buy locations will match their online pricing UNLESS it specifically states the promotion is only available online. I'm not sure if the manager was mistaken or if the item in question was only on sale online.

Online orders do have a 2 hr hold on them, which stinks, I know, but all online orders go through the corporate office. The store cannot cancel, change or push through an online order.

If you come into the store to order the item, the associates have other avenues of getting you your item without using bestbuy.com, so they can ship it faster if needed, edit pricing, etc. Sounds like you had a frustrating experience, but hopefully this info will help in the future.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Website

Problem with best buy store

is best buy filing for bankruptcy??, does anybody know?, I had a problem with best buy, i decided to return a television which I had bought, they couldnt return my money because they said it was over 500 dollars so they said they were going to send me a check, its been almost 2 weeks already and i still havent received my check, last time I called they said that the check was sent back to corporate office because the mailman couldnt find the address, thats *** ive been living here for over 10 years, what I think is going on is that the check was not sent out in the first place, they probably dont have any money right now and they are waiting for some to come in and pay me back my money, ive had problems with their electronics back in the past too, I think they are putting used items back in the box like if they were NEW, this is the last time i ever shop for something over 500 dollars in best buy, they have a problem with refunding your money

It's always been a best buy practice that if you pay with cash over $500 and then make a return, it will be a mailed check. It's nothing new or recent and it's not just to cheat you out of money.

I recommend not paying in cash next time if you want the procress to go quicker.

Also, Best Buy doesn't rebox things up and sells them as "new". They don't have the supplies for said execution.

Just because $500 is a lot to you, doesn't mean Best Buy is hurting for money.

bb is having some cash flow issues. but just like what happened to circuit city the general public put them out of business wanting to return damaged and defective products for a lifetime.

612-291-1000 Corporate office - call monday morning and get your check issued.

View more comments (3)
Loss
Beware before you buy anything from Best Buy. They have a new return policy but its not told to you until you try to return a purchase. because the fine print is on the purchase receipt you get after you buy the item. They require to give them a form of government ID....

Best Buy used to be one of the best places to look at cutting edge electronics and the store was always packed with people.

now you can go in there and their is barely a handful of people-at least where I live.I think a lot has to do with new policies such as charging you a restocking fee of $4oo because you didn't like the laptop you purchased. They almost charged me that when I asked before purchasing if it could be returned, no questions asked-they also ordered it to be sent from the factory so no charge should have been made.

Finally after a while and talking to a few people they realized their mistake. But it still was a hassle.

Shopping their isn't the pleasant experience it used to be. also good luck if you need information about products-there was nobody qualified to help me unless I waited for another sales person.

View more comments
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best buy or worst buy

I am a visitor to the US. I walked into the Best Buy Mobile store in seminole County Town Centre near Lake Mary, FL. I asked for a SIM and charge cards for a pre-paid connection and was met with Jacqueline, the manager (as I learnt later). 1. She offered an ATT mobile with connection which I declined because I didn't need a mobile phone. Later, she would repeatedly tell me during our arguments that she was recommending this mobile over the other connection that I took. She repeated this so many times that I actually had to ask her to shut up. 2. She sold me an H2O wireless SIM card which had a monthly plan, etc, that suited my needs. I clearly told her my needs. This was fine. 3. She sold me THREE $20 charge cards from O2 (which were old, as I came to know later) which had "compatible with unlimited" written on them. Apparently, they were compatible with a night unlimited plan that no longer existed. I think she just loaded her old stock on me. 4. The problem started when I activated my SIM with a $60 unlimited plan. The $20 charge cards would just fail to do the top up and no one (best buy or H2O) would help as to why that happened. I came to know this the next day that these are used only for the minute plans. I think the BB manager should have known this. I suspect she expected me to buy another top-up card because these wouldn't work. 5. She sold me $20 *3 = $60 of cards because she said it would take care of the $50 month plan AND give me a $10 charge for free international calls. It turns out that there is no $10 charge for free international calls. Instead, for $50, I get $10 WORTH of free international calls. Again, this is something I feel the BB manager should have known. Or did she? 6. On the third occasion, when i accosted her with all this information, she just refused to accept her responsibility. The fact that she missold the cards did not mean anything to her. She refused to refund anything saying those cards are not refundable. Under normal circumstances, that would have been fine but not in this case because she had missold her old stock to me by telling lies. =========== The consequences are: 1. I could not make calls or use mobile internet for 3 days in spite of having paid about $75 for the SIM and charge cards. 2. Finally, I had to take up the minute plan (to minimize losses) which does not support mobile internet while it was unlimited on the monthly plan I had thought I was buying. 3. The minute plan has a charge of $2 per minute for international calls. So, if I call my home country, I get to talk for just 30 minutes. In fact, the website has put a limit of $20.00 (seen under my account balance), which means I can make international calls for 10 minutes only. I had clearly told Jacqueline that I needed to call my home country. That was the basic purpose of the connection. If she had sold me the right cards, I could have had $20 worth of free international calls along with unlimited calls like local and SMS, etc. Having paid the same amount ($60), I get a much lesser value and more importantly, am hassled. 4. She kept telling me that it was H2O's fault and made me go back and forth betweent the two (H2O told me it's BB's fault).

Sir - I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience in our country with inept salespersons. Unfortunately, this is a representation of the work force in America.

Lazy workers who don't know how to help people and simply don't care about how we appear to the people they come in contact with.

Sorry. Even though, you can see what we have to cope with here in America.

Will Never Recommend AT&T | Best Buy review from Ephraim, Utah

I live in an area that was supposed to have AT&T coverage but signal was weak and non-existent. I had calls dropped and more then half the time the phone didnt even ring. So I took the phone back to Best Buy and went and got new service with T-mobile (which has been great so far). Now 2 months latter AT&T is trying to charge me $1600 for Termination Fees, even though I returned it in less then 30 days which it states right in the contract a person can do with no Termination fees. When I call AT&T they say they cant and wont change or remove the fees. What makes it worse it they blame it on Best Buy not putting the phone returns in the system and Best Buy has had the Phones mysteriously disappear. This is all bedsides the point being that the phones where returned and no where in the Agreement that I signed did it state that the phones had to be returned or else extra fees would be placed on the account. But my favorite part is that even though I have returned the phones the AT&T Contract does NOT state that the phones have to be returned for the Fee to be removed, it only States and I quote" 30-Day Cancellation Policy I may terminate this Agreement within 30 days after activating service WITHOUT paying an Early Termination Fee. I will pay fees and charges incurred through the termination date, but AT&T will refund any activation fee if I terminate within 3 days of activation. Also, I may have to return handsets and accessories purchased with this Agreement and pay any applicable restocking fees. If I terminate AFTER the 30th day..." That is the policy I agreed to, which is short says there are NO EARLY TERMINATION FEES if canceled within 30 days and I MAY have to return phones, (which I did and they claim that I didnt) that said, AT&T chooses to say that the policy is different. That is is really saying that you will not be charged early termination fees if they think that they shouldnt. So, in other words we expect you to follow the contract but if we want to rob you blind then the contract dosent mean a thing to us and you have to go by an unseen or non agreed upon policy that exists only in the AT&T customer service world. Hears what my opinion comes down to if you want to be ripped off and want to deal with lousy customer service and poor (at best) reception, AT&T is for you. As for me I would never use AT&T for anything, and will vocally tell everyone that I know to stay far away from this company. Would NOT recommend AT&T or BEST BUY Mobile for that matter to anyone.
Natasha

I am with AT&T and saw your post about your experience. Please email me at ATTTina@att.com so I can try to assist you with this. Thanks, Tina-ATTCustomerCareMgr

Review
The Best Buy store in Framingham, MA refused to accept a return of a Rocketfish Under-Cabinet Mount after 30 days. The item is a 13-22 inch mount . Product numberRF-TVMUC01. I purchased the item on June 28, 2011 for my new kitchen. Unfortunately for me, there were...

You are so right these people at rocketfish promise a 1 year warranty than if you want to return they screw you and play around bounce you around on the phone till your phone runs out of juice or you hang up in frustration. Chinese company screws you over NEVER buy Rocketfish or bestbuy they will never help if you need a return!!!

View more comments

Stuck us with a broken TV | Best Buy review from Middlesex, North Carolina

Purchased a TV at Best buy. It was an open box, discounted, returned item. When we got the TV home and began to prepare to lift it to the stand, the light hit the screen in JUST the right way and I noticed a crack in the glass from top to bottom. Attempted to return the TV, informing them the television had a crack. Best buy Would not allow the tv to be returned or exchanged, and was told by customer service that we must have dropped the tv. Still need a TV and now out several hundred dollars. I will NEVER shop at a best buy again!

I told the OP to file suit in small claims. That isn't ridiculing or name calling.

Maybe you should stop ruining everyone's posts with your childish vendettas. Just grow up already.

Not So Great Service, if you want someone to acurately read your postings, you will have to go to another site. These responders for the majority are just on this site to call you *** names and ridicule your unfortunate experience. And Simon, dude, you will find out he's the most ridiculous if you stay on this site.

Before you start calling people things like *** and ***, think about what you read. My "Lamp" did not fall and hit the screen.

The LIGHT from my ceiling fixture was on and because of the angle that it was SHINNING on the screen, I could see that there was what appeared to be a crack in the glass on the television screen. Upon closer inspection, could see that the crack was from top to bottom.

Take poor Simon's advise. He spends all his time trippin between all of the latest complaints and offers his wisdom about how to deal with your issues.

Granted, most of the time he has to address spdit *** and curse them out, but he's still @ the helm and still loyal to the cause. The boy has no life, no money and no social skills but to troll throughout PissedConsumer.com and engage the people posting complaints. Hey, Simon, get a date and get off of these sites. Seriously, we can handle our problems without your help.

We didn't sign up for a life coach. Take a break, cowboy - Surely, PissedConsumer has a HUGE bonus for you.

File suit in small claims. Best Buy will refund the price you paid for the TV and your $45 filing charge.

View more comments (4)

Best Buy deceptive marketing

Samsung un55d8000 on sale at bestbuy.com but they don't show you the price until check out. The price was $1979.99. They are also running a special for a FREE Samsung bluray player and 3d starter kit with the purchase of the same Samsung monitor. They said it will discount your total by $530 at checkout. But when you enter the promotion, the cost of the monitor is now over $2500 plus the $349 for starter kit and $149 for the bluray player. Your new total is at $3000 minus the $530 discount, your price is the same as if you bought everything individually. Where is the FREE bluray player and starter kit is you increase the cost of the monitor by the same amount. They have no honor and horrible customer service and horrible customer relations.
Jess

Typically when you total the order out, I'm talking after your contact info, your card #, etc it should package down to the appropriate price. Also if it says "free blu ray see how" in blue print by the pricing info for the tv click on it and it will get you the correct items.

Honestly the stores match online prices (unless noted as an online only offer) so sometimes its much quicker and easier to just go into the store and purchase.

They can set up delivery of the new tv, haul away of an old, mounting services, set up, anything you could possibly need with piece of mind that its all going through the system correctly. Hope this helps

:cry Jack, Jack, Jack ... Whatever is your point? :?

you are an ***.

View more comments (2)
Review
#262047 Review #262047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
$1979