Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I recently tried to purchase a laptop from Best Buy utilizing their 6 month no interest plan with the best buy card. I opened the card and purchased 2 items for site to store pick up. One item was "shipped" to a different store so they would not let me pick it up. I...
Jess

do you know how to make a dotcom return...? didnt think so.

I apologize for the lack of compassion, but what customers absolutely do not understand is that anything you purchase off of bestbuy.com is run through an entirely different system. In store, employees have very little access to what they can actually do if an online order goes awry, so unfortunately you have to call the 888bestbuy number, wait forever to talk to a person, and then find out there is a 2 hr hold on your order in which we absolutely cannot touch it. I get the frustration, however if youre doing site to store and its for a product that the store doesnt carry or is out of stock of I ALWAYS recommend coming into the store and having a employee place the order for you. Yes, it can be an inconvienence however in store they have many ordering options with faster shipping, and access to any backorder information, etc.

Its just an overall better experience for the customer, trust me. Now as for the giftcard issue, I can't speak for that person, however if someone promised me free money I wouldn't just be hanging around for 2 weeks to hear about it. If you still hate bestbuy, thats fine. Other retailers have the same online and instore ordering systems, so you're not getting away from it unfortunately.

And it seems like you may have some trouble correctly ordering from websites (hence the issue to begin with...? user error is what I'm getting out of it. please correct me if wrong:)) sooo amazon, ebay, other online only shopping systems may not be your cup of tea either. Hope this gives you some kind of clarity, deeper information, whatever.

Even if it just *** you off to no end at least you're aware now. Happy Shopping

Best Buy review in Dowagiac, Michigan: Cheated in electronics

bought a whole house of furniture eight tv, refrigerator, computers, software, sound bars, dvds, speakers, routers, modems, blue ray players, x voxes or eight children, all types of softwares, movies, dvd movies, cables all types of hookup ran into thousands and thousands of dollars purchased two routers tried to take one back without receipt not opened and they would not let me so i will not purchase from them again to me this is a horrible way to treat customers that have been aregular customer with best buy and with eight kids you can imagine how many games hey want and they are not the old games either only the new expensive one.

Hey Simon. Sweetheart, I had to put an A.P.B.

out to find you. But after searching many, many site I finally found you and it WAS worth the search. How's it hanging, dawg? You sure were MIA for a while.

Please keep posting to this site, 'kay? I mean, it's certainly no trouble to look for you, but I've wanted to chat with you for a while. We don't know where to shop, or where to go to get directed to medical advise, or have anyone to let us know just exactly how ****** we are without your wise input. Please don't disappear again, sweetheart.

We really live for your sage wisdom and can't function without you reminding us of just how moronic we all are without your help. Hey, guy - no *** good to catch up with you.

I look forward to telling us how *** we actually are, because I don't believe we can bring it up to the level you can. As always, waiting for you to contact me.........

Their return policy is printed on the back of the receipt. Needing said receipt is included.

It's not Best Buy's fault you can't be bothered to read and follow the policy. :/

Sorry sweetheart, this is the only site I post on. Maybe everyone disagrees with you because you're wrong? Think about it.

Alright guys. You are on each site I post on.

My goodness, you are such dedicated people in your trade. Don't you wish everyone was as dedicated as you comment posters, and you didn't have to dispute EACH listing.

Good to talk with you again. I've really, really missed you.

HAHAHAHAHA you've got to be kidding me right?? after all that you've purchased there you're worried about a silly little router?

come on.

besides if you used a rewardzone card [which im assuming you did considering how much you spend there] they would be able to look up your receipt. silly guy :P

No one HAS to take item back unless faulty, and even then you HAVE TO HAVE proof of purchase!!! This is elementary. I agree with Simon above, that is the only relevant part of your story, and I don't see how you can afford to buy all the above and then *** about a router, they are pennies in comparison with the rest of your purchase.

BTW try the condom section next time, it's a *** lot cheaper

BTW try the condom section next time, it's a *** lot cheaper

"purchased two routers tried to take one back without receipt not opened and they would not let me"

This is the only relevant part of your story. Quit trying to play diva customer or poor mom with 8 kids (condoms, check them out).

Next time hold on to your receipt.

View more comments (7)

Never Best Buy Again Return policey

Tried to return an unopened washer drier stacking kit 6465041 WSTK1 PURCHASED 7/12/2011 WITH RECIEPT for $29.95. Manager on duty would not credit our account because CORPORATE changed their return policey to 30 days. We were never notified of the change at the time of the purchase or anytime after. We have spent $15,000.00 over the last three years and have excellent credit. Will never purchase from Best Buy again. This is not a high tech electrical device that can be damaged even when left in a hot car, or placed in a tub of water overnight. It just bolts to the wall and all parts and packaging were intact.
#419643

Best Buy consumer affairs reviewed my complaint. They sent me a $50.00 gift card. I still have the $29.95 unit, wanna but it?

:upset

They didn't just change their policy. It's been 30 days. You and the person who told you that are crazy.

Oh, Simon - There you go again. Hacking people off.

I couldn't find you on the site I was accustomed to but now that I've found you, come on, let's see how we can run these shoppers down.

I bet it'll be a shi***l**d of fun!! Waiting to hear from you, buddy.

Duedoot, dueoot, duedoot - Oh, here you are. I've been looking for you.

So, how's it going in the "run the complaintant department" doing? Haven't seen you around in a while, but now that I've found you, really - let's chat, hummmm?

Hmpfh, used to be customer service would try to keep a customer. Especially one they have made so much money off of.

Actually there are still a few places that have customer service, Best Buy is not one of them. just keep looking around and don't listen to any idiots who call you a diva for expecting basic courtesy.

I will shop in HHGREG, walmart, online, target, anywhere but worstbuy.

So where do you plan to shop now that has a return policy longer than 30 days?

It doesn't matter how much money you spend anywhere. You still have to follow the same policies as everyone else.

If Best Buy broke policy for you, they would have to do it for everyone. Quit trying to be such a diva and a pain in the *** customer.

View more comments (6)

Best Buy review in Dallas, Texas: GEEK Squad - Waste of money

Hi, I bought a Samsung Infuse mobile phone from a best buy mobile store and also the Geek Squad protection plan for 2 months. But in the middle of second month of the protection plan period, I called customer service and cancelled the plan. I was given assurance by the customer service representative that my services and replacement will still be covered for the first two months since I already paid for the service. As fate would have it, I had some problems with the phone and so went to the nearest BestBuy store (Frisco,TX near Stone briar mall) to get it fixed/replaced. I made three trips to the store and during the first two trips, the mobile stored manager (David) was very helpful and he called the Geek Squad customer care to get my plan reinstated since I already paid for the services. The plan was supposed to be reinstated in 5-7 business days but it never happened. By the time it was reinstated, my two month coverage was up and I couldn't get the phone fixed. During my third trip to the store(was still under coverage), the lady at the mobile store was not helpful at all and she tried to just give me some vague reasons why she cannot help me. So after paying 20$ for two months, 3 trips to the store, wasting 2 hours for every trip and lots of tension , my issue was never resolved. So much for the Geek Squad protection and customer service. I would never recommend anyone BestBuy protection plan again. It is just another way of making money by BestBuy. If you know how to operate a computer, then you probably don't need the help of a Geek Squad member. All he did to help me was do the factory format in my mobile phone which I had already tried. If I had bought this mobile phone at a AT&T store (I had a two year contract), AT&T would have replaced my phone (no questions asked). They had replaced my i-phone earlier without asking any questions. Horrible experience with Geek Squad. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH GEEK SQUAD. Regard, Vivek
ruth

I agree. Geek squad is a waste of money.

I bought a 5 year protection plan on a washer. Has been 1 month of reporting a problem and still not resolved.

Waste of time and money! Never again.

Loss

Best buy scams people getting phone

best buy signed us up for cell phones not telling us about the actervation fee of 360 dollars which was a shock to wife and I living on social securty.think this is a dam discrace.and of course they will lie and say they did will never buy anything from these people again.money is tight as is without being scamed.if this is the way they care to do busness don't think they will be around much longer.had we known it would have costed that much money would not have gotten phones.hope they read this and get pissed themselves

That activation fee is for the cell phone company, so that you can ACTIVILY be on their network. You need to read your terms and conditions through the cellphone company....

There's a boat load of other fee's do that the cellphone companys don't tell you about. Like state fees. I recommend not getting mad at a company that's just following policies.

I really like best buy, but it is very surprising to read thisarticle. The seniors are the largest buying group in the country and a lot of us depended on social security as our retirement income, that is, before the government "borrowed" our money and then decided that it was theirs to keep.

Somebody named simon said it was his money. What about us? We paid the darn money and it don't amount to much, but everybody thinks its theirs.

I even read today that now illegals are eligible for our money, too. I will think long and hard about buying something from Best Buy from now on because we can't trust them if they do business like this.

Someone told me about this site and I had to see for myself. So, from what I can tell, what seniors worked for is no longer theirs to collect on, but it belongs to people who won't work for a day, much less all of they're lives.

I can't believe what I am reading. How can anyone say that the money we paid for our retirement is theirs?

Not only that. Let them get to where they need to buy medicines and pick up the bills that social security doesn't pay.

I believe that would shock theirselves and know what hard decisions it is to spend on something like a phone. Brother, we could be like those people who get free phones because they won't work or came to this country illegally, but we worked for what we have, even if it is just a little.

That's right Frank. I want to see them promised money to live on, only to have it called an entitlement and then taken away. They would never survive on what we survive on.

I can't wait until these young people start getting taxed over 50% out of every dollar they earn. I wonder how long they will crow about our social security benefits as opposed to their tax consequence out lay?

Scammed, Sorry to hear about your experience at Best Buy. to My&&MyRules - I don't think Simon works for Best Buy.

If you check throughout the complaint sites, this busy bee has been casting dispersions on everyone that posts as a complaintant. I personally think Simon has a thing for PissedConsumer.com. He's so active on the sites. Don't you love it that this twerp says you are spending HIS money.

The fact that you worked and payed into the SS Retirement fund all of your life somehow translates to HIS money. Wow, what an ego!

Anyone that reads this is concerned with your grammar more than the complaint. I am sure that your 360 dollar bill most likely states $3.60, and you are unable to correctly read it.

The activation fee is threw the carrier and is standard practice no matter where u buy your phone I work in the cell phone field so I know it usually runs 36$ (no matter which carrier you choose)a line plus pro ration charges if you start your contract in the middle of the month then there are taxs to consider a well. It is messed up that they did not warn you about the charges and fees. I always tell my customers the full dollar and cents break doen when buying a phone so customers do not have a heart attack when they see there first bill while it was messed up that the best buy guy did not tell you these are carrier appiled fees and have nothing to do with the.store

(p.s sorry for the *** typing my phone keyboard is rather small t

$360 Activation fee? i don't think so....That means you have BAD credit and the $360 is a deposit required for the cellphone company!!!

Don't listen to Simple Simon he works for best buy and is pissed that's all he will ever do in life.

$360 activation fee for a phone is outrageous. I hope you reported them for their practices. Call the district attorney in your area (or the local police) and see about the fraud division.

What is an actervation fee?

What does you living on socail security have to do with anything? If you're spending my money while you sit on your ***, I don't think you need a cell phone.

View more comments (12)
Loss

Best Buy review in Willingboro, New Jersey: Bestbuy in store customer service suck

I bought Asus Laptop for $749.00, as soon as I got home, I notice the crack on the screen, I then return the laptop (the very next day) to a best buy near my house (Easton Road, Willow Grove Pennsylvania). Sales associate/ or customer service refuse to refund or exchange defective Asus laptop because of the crack on the screen, (They basically told me TOUGH) their reason was "The box is in good condition" except ofcourse the screen is damage. I ask to speak to a manager, however, for some reason sales associate said that no manager is available and they will tell me the same thing. The conversation escalate into an argument, first because my laptop is a day old and they refuse to take back their defective product, they also decline to replace, refund or fix (A day old defective product), second, they were just very rude and unprofessional. I was very disappointed and upset with best buy in willow grove and I would never buy anything from them again. Never again Best Buy.

Lynn, yeah it was a big mistake, why didn;t I think of that? I should have ask them to set it up for me as well to make sure its a working computer, but then again, I was so cheap I did not want to pay terrible squad $99 dollars.

I own the laptop for 12 hours since I bought it at 5 pm and return it the next day to the nearest house.

Why would I return it to the same store if I can drive 5 mins from my house to get the same service from bestbuy store, aren't they working for the same company?

You sound exactly like bestbuy employees who blame consumers for your damage product. Employees, management and your terrible policies will be the very reason of your downfall.

Also, I have bought two laptops from Best Buy. Both times, they have opened up the box and checked that it was all okay.

Perhaps you're forgetting to mention that? Maybe it really WAS you who broke it.

Why didn't you CALL as soon as you realized it was cracked? And did you even return it to the same store?

We are not worstbuys enemy Simon, were the reason why your company thrived and us, customers, will also be the reason of worstbuy collapse, worstbuy will plummet like a rocket, and I can’t wait for that to happen.

"You're replies are juvanile and doesnt make sense."

My replies don't make sense? Coming from the person who wrote that sentence? LMAO!

Yep, I also work for Target and Wal-Mart. Actually, I don't even work in retail, but you can believe whatever you want.

Simon thanks for proving that bestbuy and their employees who work for them are an *** You're replies are juvanile and doesnt make sense. I understand that consumers who got rip off by worstbuy will not get any sympathy from you, but by golly please act like adult. By the way, unless your a CEO or an important shareholder of worstbuy, you're only a fly sitting in a pile of sh*.

Simon thanks for proving that bestbuy and their employees who work for them are *** You're replies are juvanile.

Ignore Simple Simon he works for Best Buy and is one of the best reasons to NEVER shop there.

"Simon, you probably bestbuy employee"

Well you probably 5 years old.

My goal is to tell everyone that I know of, I even posted it in my facebook wall, as well as notes, and twittters about my bad experience with worstbuy customer services and their return paolicy. and everyone on here who have had bad experience with them should do the same. Their sales associate and managers are rude and unprofessional.

Simon, you probably bestbuy employee, stop rubbing salt in the wound. I bought the laptop thinking it was in good condition, when I came home and open it, lense is crack. I did not damage it.

So you took your computer home, broke it, and expect Best Buy to hand you over another? Get real. Next time, take better care of your things.

View more comments (12)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Bye Bye Best Buy

I have paid my final visit to Best Buy after terrible customer service in West Nashville Tenenssee. To begin with, I looked without success for a salesperson to help navigate the differences between satellite radios on display. After making my best guess, I waited at check out while the only cashier left her post and accompanied another customer across the sales floor to point out which alternative item might be best. At least five minutes later, the line of customers was at least 10 deep. Another five minutes and cheerless female manager showed up to open a second register. The line of customers was now 15-20 deep. I expressed my difficulty finding any rep to assist me and it was clear Jesse the manager could not have cared less. She was hostile and let me know what an inconvenience it was for her to come work a register. In this economy i can definitely find another retailer that respects their customers and who wants our business and hard-earned dollars. Best Buy will no longer be an option when I have gifts to buy.

Amazon, in my opinion, is going to put Best Buy out of business because 1) you can get what you're looking for because it's in stock, and 2) their generous return policies. Bye-bye Best Buy--may you enjoy the company of Circuit City, Borders, and Linens and Things.

Best Buy review in Watertown, Massachusetts: Sold wrong computer

Asked Best Buy salesman for a 32bit operating system on a laptop computer because this is what I needed for work.. I was told that "they did not make them anymore and programs would run on 64bit system". I cannot run 32bit programs that I need for work Returned to Best Buy and spoke to a manager (Phil) to help me resolve this problem. Phil told me that 32 bit operating systems are available but Best Buy does not sell them. I spent over $600 on the computer and accessories including a $99 Geek Squad service agreement. Phil told me that in order to resolve my problem I would have to buy additional Windows 7 software which Best Buy sells for $199.99. I asked Phil if he could give me a discount on the $199.99 software because I had been grossly misinformed by his salesman. He said he would discount the software by $10. This is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. Best Buy doesn't have the computer expertise that they claim to have. Don't do business with the Best Buy in Hyannis MA

No anonymous and operating system can't set its own prices, but the developers of that OS can set and regulate the price, genius.

That is one of the dumber things you've ever said and for you, that's saying something.

I didn't know an operating system could set its own prices.

You are aware that those prices are set by Windows right? Best Buy cannot discount or alter those prices in anyway.

View more comments (2)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy review in Seattle, Washington: Expiration date is day before listed date

WARNING!!! Best Buy's extended warranty expiration date is at 12:01 AM on the date listed on the contract, NOT the end of that day. That means their warranty ACTUALLY expires the day BEFORE the one shown on the contract. And they will laugh at you as you walk out the door. Happened to me on 8/30/2011 at Seattle Northgate Best Buy Store. Store Manager Jim Root would not leave a meeting to discuss with me. I have spent many thousands of $ at Best Buy over the years - TV's, Computers, Appliances, etc. After all that, I get zero consideration. These people do not care about their customers. Spend your $ somewhere else.
Patrick

so.. you're mad at them for following the rules?

okay then. I understand why you're angry but their policy is their policy, not yours.

Just happened to me today.I went to get my son comp to get fixed and the warranty was expiring today as shown in the receipt 09/17/2012.According to them a year is one year minus one day.....?????? A complete BS.I kept telling them that is not what stated on the warranty receipt that themselves gave a year ago.They said i was right but technically i was wrong bcs the numbers of days that year have bla bla bla..all kind of irrational answers.Is like they trying to convince you that 1+1 =3 and not 2 or like the sun rise from the west and not from the east.....I am very dissapointed.

Alan C

Whatever plan you have, contact the plan administator on the booklet your received. That is the correct procedure and there is usually a 30 day grace period.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy/GeekSquad/A&E Factory Service - no service

My 85-year-old parents purchased a dryer from Best Buy 10 mos. ago that's under warrenty. They called the GeekSquad for service - who contracts to A & E Factory Service (in No. VA). An appt. was made for 3 days later. The night before, A&E canceled because they didn't have a repairman - so why was the appt. made? The next available appt. is in 2 weeks! There's no way my parents can lug laundry anywhere. I'm flying home, so I can't do it for them. I talked to A&E with no resolution. I requested that they pay a repairman overtime, they snorted & said no way. I requested that they squeeze my parents in by bumping a person each day until they're caught up & they said they wouldn't "intentionally" bump anybody:. We asked them to pay for an outside company, they said no, no to a loaner also'. They were rude:. We called Best Buy/GeekSquad, they'll write a complaint:. No loaner there either;. I'm so upset, I know I'll be talking about this for a long time". I sure won't buy anything from Best Buy & won't use the GeekSquad or A&E/. I guess since it's under warranty, they don't make money so why help us?

a&e are independent contractors that work for the manufacture of the product and are not owned or controlled by bb. Call the manufacture of the product and see if they have a local authorized servicer in the area

ruth

I agree. BestBuy Geek squad has already gotten there money from you for the product they aren't making money now on the repair.

Same thing happened to me.

I am done with Best Buy. I am cancelling my account with them and sticking to the "

Mom and pop stores.